What moves should I teach Mew?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

OK, I know this is a pokémon thread and alot of you won't be interested but:
Last week I downloaded the Lv 5 Mew from Nintendo and all it knows is pound, Nintendo most likely did this so you could do what you wanted with it but I'm not sure what to teach it, can you help me or tell me what YOU did with your Mew?

Doesn't Mew come with rape built in? IT'S A FREKAIN MEW. It'll kill you with running away!

But seriously:
What options are available for teaching? Surely it has a good move tree just from levelling up.

'Get angsty and attempt to destroy humanity.'

..Oh wait, that's Mewtwo. My bad.

Palademon:
Doesn't Mew come with rape built in? IT'S A FREKAIN MEW. It'll kill you with running away!

I think your mistaking Mew for Mewtwo, which was GOD in Pre-GBA pokémon, Mew was the pokémon Mewtwo was based off of, and while it's attacks aren't as strong, it can learn ANY ATTACK

Josh12345:

Palademon:

I think your mistaking Mew for Mewtwo, which was GOD in Pre-GBA pokémon, Mew was the pokémon Mewtwo was based off of, and while it's attacks aren't as strong, it can learn ANY ATTACK

It learns a sweet move every tenth level ^_^
Just level it.
Mega Punch at Lvl 10...

Josh12345:

Palademon:

Hows about a range of powerful moves from various elements, configured so that you can be super-effective against as many pokemon possible?

I do a lesser version of this with Gyarados, who I always teach Fire Blast, Thunder and Blizzard so as to cause as much high power suffering as possible

yeah, just keep levelling mew. it learns some surprising moves.
otherwise get some moves that can beat types that are supereffective to psychic, so mew has it's own weaknesses covered

Fly. Just because.

Josh12345:
Last week I downloaded the Lv 5 Mew from Nintendo and all it knows is pound, Nintendo most likely did this so you could do what you wanted with it but I'm not sure what to teach it, can you help me or tell me what YOU did with your Mew?

Where did you download it?

flight/surf/cut/dig of course. Mew is the perfect vm slave.

Checking my pokédex... yes I have one...

Mew only learns a new move every ten levels, they're pretty good moves but I personally used him as a kind of jack of all trades with a powerful move from most of the common types. Helped me out of a few tight moments.

zHellas:

I'm assuming he got it the same way I did which is through a mystery gift using the wifi connection.

Of course I cheated to get a shiny one too ;)

zHellas:

Josh12345:

Nintendo has been holding a 10th anniverary Mew download thing for America and Europe for 2 weeks now, just play heartgold or soulsilver, go to the Mystery Gift option in the opening menu and download it, but you've got 'till midnight TONIGHT to get it before the offer ends

I caught Missingno and taught it fly and it evolved into a Kengiskhan.

OT: Idk. :|

Josh12345:

zHellas:

Josh12345:

Nintendo has been holding a 10th anniverary Mew download thing for America and Europe for 2 weeks now, just play heartgold or soulsilver, go to the Mystery Gift option in the opening menu and download it, but you've got 'till midnight TONIGHT to get it before the offer ends

I mean where did you download it, not how.

Dont tach it any TMs or HMs. the moves it learns on its own are just fine.

Also, has anyone cheated a Mew from the old Red/Blue games?

zHellas:

Josh12345:

zHellas:

Josh12345:

just wherever you can want, as long as your DS can connect to the internet. I did it in my house and it worked out fine, It may take 2 or 3 trys to download it though

Josh12345:

zHellas:

Josh12345:

zHellas:

Josh12345:

just wherever you can want, as long as your DS can connect to the internet. I did it in my house and it worked out fine, It may take 2 or 3 trys to download it though

I tried, and it couldn't connect.

If it's shiny (AKA blue), call it Drip and teach it Hypnotise, Bind, Infatuate, and a 1-Hit KO move.

OT: Just give it 4 generic powerful attacks like I normally do.

BATON PASSER! Mew is the only pokemon capable of baton passing a +2 in any stat. ANY STAT! Just do this!

teach it softboiled for healing and maybe toxic but most of the moves it learns by it self are fine are fine. Mine in crystal is Psychic, Submission, toxic and softboiled. It works real well.

I got zenheadbutt on mine and it can 1 hit.. Oh just about anything that doesn't have a natural defense against Psychic.

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/mew

There ya go, all the movesets for every pokemon, pick something out of there.

Physical or Special?

Wait.... there was an event for Mew? Dang! I missed it.
OT: Shadow Ball. I'm not sure if I taught my Mew that or my Mewtwo. But that is still a good move to teach.

Well, splash goes without saying of course!

Boltbeam recovery and Psychic

say whaaaaaat?

Sunny Day, Rain Dance, Claw Sharpen and Roar.

WanderingFool:
Dont tach it any TMs or HMs. the moves it learns on its own are just fine.

Also, has anyone cheated a Mew from the old Red/Blue games?

by that I'm assuming you mean the Mew glitch and yes, I've done that plenty of times, including getting other glitch pokemon like LM4 and the obvious Missingno and M

OT: what are you planning to do with the Mew? it would be a lot easier knowing what role you wanted it to be in your team.

Well, from reading the comments I've narrowed it down to these=
Flamethrower - It's a very powerful fire type move, not as strong as fire blast but is more accurate
Thunder/Blizzard - not really sure which to get,they both are very strong moves but suffer from low accuracy.
surf - the water equivalent of flamethrower.
Mega punch - the only reason I put this down is because Mew learns this at Lv 10. nothing else to it.
Phychic - C'mon, it's a Phychic Type. Not having it would be stupid
Protect/Recover/substitute - Well I want a non-offensive move and these two could both be great, one gives you a free turn against a charge move(hyper beam/solar beam etc.) and the other recovers 2/3 of your health.Then again ANOTHER one offers a substitute as long as you give up 1/4 of your health.
ITEM - leftovers probably to help with the protection moves though I'd like someone else's opinion on which 4 should be picked.

John Funk seems to have an obsession with pokémon so he could help, then again I've probably earned myself a ban if he comes across this

Go to the move re learner and teach it transform.

Transform is all you need.

either splash or tail whip, simply for comical effect.

Get_A_Grip_:

all it knows is pound..... and it's level 5

plus transform isn't that great of a move considering your opponent will have already had a free hit on you and if your up against say, a rapidash, fire type moves won't against other fire pokémon

Josh12345:

Get_A_Grip_:

all it knows is pound..... and it's level 5

Going to a move relearner is the only way you can teach it Transform.

Mews high stats make it a brilliant Transform user as it will have no trouble dealing with both special and physical moves.
Also transforming is highly amusing.

Calm Mind, Agility, Psychic and Transform would be an ideal moveset.

Well, depends what you want it for, since i think its one of the few pokemon that can learn every TM/HM.

I would go with a psychic set attack to boost Sp. Attack/Sp. Defense, so Calm Mind and Psychic are a must.

Here are what "experts" of the game recommend for different situations:
http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/mew
http://www.serebii.net/potw-dp/151.shtml

Personally, I dont believe in none damaging moves, but if i would suggest anything, if you can make it happen have it learn Calm Mind, Psychic, Wish (or have a pokemon with wish support), and Toxic.

Just remember, mew has base 100 stats for everything so its not going to be an offensive juggernaut on its one and its going to need a good team around it for competitive online gameplay.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked