Minecraft Building Ideas

Pages 1 2 NEXT

So I've been playing Minecraft, and, long story short, I'm a bit stuck on what to do now.
Building my Fort isn't really interesting me anymore.

So I was wondering, what interesting things have you guys built that I might shamelessly copy be inspired by?

Feel free to just share things you'd like to build, or what are building, and just generally discuss building stuff in Minecraft.

Build a Gundam!

minecards are fun. redstone is fun. build complex train stations, build a 16-bit computer, you have endless possibilities with redstone.

My most recent piece of eXtreme landscaping has come in the form of a giant waterfall that originates from a grass platform the game generated on top of a mountain/very large hill.

When it reaches the ground it's actually hitting and running down the side of the mountain/very large hill, before flowing into a short river that leads in to the sea.

It is, how you might say, "beastie".

I am still waiting for someone to make a 1:1 scale planet earth in mine-craft.

Beta comes out today. Apparently they will be adding some "end game" stuff.

Onyx Oblivion:
Build a Gundam!

YOU ****ING NINJA!
I was thinking that as soon as I saw the title!

Palademon:

Onyx Oblivion:
Build a Gundam!

YOU ****ING NINJA!
I was thinking that as soon as I saw the title!

MEEP MEEP

build a borg cube

Well, you could make an underwater base, full-scale replica of the Citadel (Complete with minecarts for the containment-pod-things!), a castle, a replica of 2fort, a giant, inhabitable robot, a cavernous underground hideaway (with dynamite!)...

If you set the mode to peaceful try and build a garden of some sort. Using water (or lava i suppose) to make falls, grow plenty of trees and perhaps a pond. Then perhaps a mansion like the plantation house in L4D2 :D

I have built/am in the process of building a large log cabin, a farm including tree, animal and wheat fields, an epic tower reaching to the top of the map with a portal at the top and a train station at my spawn point. Not played in a while though with being distracted with New Vegas.

How about building an elaborate underwater, glass structure lit entirely using a series of below-floor lava?

If you get bored, the rules[1] state that you must make every tunnel and staircase at least three blocks high, perfectly rectangular, and made entirely of one material. You must also put glass over every lava pool you find, place torches at measured, regular intervals, and plant flowers around your front door.

[1] The rules that absolutely, definitely exist SHUT UP

Skysraper made of ice?
Its what i tried and it ended up becomign an iceshed because i had no patience lol

build a frickin' huge rollercoaster :D

Another vote for giant robot, or failing that, airship. I should do the robot thing myself some time too.

make a bunch of outpost connected by some way or an other
its actually really fun!

I built a house/fort made out of a gun, I then built a bat cave Beneath and then a castle in the sky above it.

These are all awesome guys, thanks! I'm definately gonna try some of them.

This one first though.

cyrogeist:
make a bunch of outpost connected by some way or an other
its actually really fun!

I was thinking of that, and putting at the top of nearby mountains a giant lump of wood with torches all around it, like the Beacons in Lord of the Rings.

bibblles:

Me 2!!
Otherwise, you can just try building a huge d*ck, everyone else seem to.

cWg | Konka:
build a borg cube

.....Dats gonna take a while.....

Nazz3:

So I am stumped as to what that actually is, I feel like I should know this though.

I plan on doing this castle.
with the flowers and everything.

edit: Anyone got any idea how do I make the round towers?

bibblles:

Must. Resist. Urge. To. Built. That.

bibblles:

At 1:1 scale, how would you be able to tell?

Balmong7:

Nazz3:
--snip--

So I am stumped as to what that actually is, I feel like I should know this though.

deku tree?

tehbeard:

bibblles:

Must. Resist. Urge. To. Built. That.

you have the length and width to do it, but the ceiling in minecraft is pretty small

castlewise:
Beta comes out today.

It does?

But anyway, go try to find some diamonds. That'll keep you occupied AND you get to explore some awesome caves.

I made an entire subterranean city. It has been nothing short of awe-inspiring. The only problem, of course, being that for some reason, I occasionally bug out and load my save inside of a wall, where I am promptly crushed to death.

Balmong7:

Nazz3:

A giant green misshaped mushroom of life, obviously.

bibblles:

challenge accepted.

OT: Build a giant banana.

Audio:
If you set the mode to peaceful try and build a garden of some sort. Using water (or lava i suppose) to make falls, grow plenty of trees and perhaps a pond. Then perhaps a mansion like the plantation house in L4D2 :D

just with less zombies inside hopefully :/

Well, I'm building the entire pokemon Johto region... in the sky.

Yeah, I just have to wait until this grass grows upwards (Which takes fricking forever,it's like a day a block of upward growth), and I can complete New Bark Town. Wooh!

So, maybe you can make a game world too? The opportunities are endless.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked