Best Main Menu music?

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

So, what do you guys think is the coolest/best/epic/badass Main Menu theme in a game? heres mine:

I really liked the main menu music in Napoleon total war. Can't really think of any others right now >.<

I've always been a fan of the ME2 theme.

Either Civilization 4:

Or Baldur's Gate 2

not too sure how to spoiler my link... let alone embed a youtube click...

but my favourites are

Star Wars: Repbulic Commando
Obilvion

But perhaps my favorite of all, Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising. Tuvan throat singing, the strings, it's just so damn emotional. It's almost disturbing how serene it is at times, while you hear occasional snippets of the chaos on the ground through the random bits of radio chatter.

Obviously.

and

I like the Hitman 2 music at the main menu, you would never catch me listening to it outside of the game, but it's refreshing to me (probably the nostalgia).

Baby Tea:
Either Civilization 4:

Or Baldur's Gate 2

Never really played much Baldur's Gate 2 but I'm with you 100% for Civ4.

1/2 the time I can't bring myself to actually start a game... The theme music puts me into some sort of trance.

Halo 2 wins.

rokkolpo:
Obviously.

Oooo definatly this.

Also im fond of these:

Dark Forces all the way. Back in the 90s, Lucasarts was the king of MIDI music.
(skip to around 1:45)

Technically the actual main menu had no music, but the piece is referred to by many fans as the main theme. Besides, the Dark Forces Mod for Jedi Academy plays a remix of the music at the menu, so I'd say that counts.

Battletoads & Double Dragons: The Ultimate Team SNES.

Cheesy eighties heavy-metal, it's awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-89-CS_fHB0 (Someone teach me how to link youtube directly -.-)

Beat14:
I like the Hitman 2 music at the main menu, you would never catch me listening to it outside of the game, but it's refreshing to me (probably the nostalgia).

Why not? The Hitman soundtracks make for fantastic walking music (as well as just generally being great).

baba yetu yetu uliye, mbinguni yetu yetu amina!, baba yetu yetu uliye, jina lako litukuzwe

The Killzone 3 Open Multiplayer Beta menu music:

It's victorious and beautiful. I don't know what else to say.

Global Agenda theme! Or what it was before it turned crap.

I'm kind of biased toward every single menu song from the Zelda series, but I have to say I have a soft spot for SSBB and Halo.

Probably the shortest title theme there is, but still a damn good one

and another

BATTLE FUCKING FIELD VIETNAM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0acN2v6aIc

/thread

GiantRaven:

Why not? The Hitman soundtracks make for fantastic walking music (as well as just generally being great).

I think it's because I find the soundtrack to epic/grand/great for normal everyday life. I can imagine walking to it however, but I have to confess I would probably take on the gait of agent 47 whilst checking that people aren't looking at me suspiciously.

Not really sure why I like this one so much.

Kajt:

Aww man, you beat me to it.

I think RA3 was the first (and only) game I've ever played that actually stopped me from playing the game by having such a good main menu song that I didn't want to start the actual game until the song was over. (And considering RA3 is my favourite game ever, that's saying a lot)

I really liked the Yuri's Revenge one too.

There is but one answer.

One of my favorite tracks in the entire game/series.

.....Looks like i was beaten to the punch.

Beat14:
I think it's because I find the soundtrack to epic/grand/great for normal everyday life. I can imagine walking to it however, but I have to confess I would probably take on the gait of agent 47 whilst checking that people aren't looking at me suspiciously.

Ha, I can imagine that would get you into a little trouble...

Gigaguy64:
The is but one answer.

This. This instantly popped into my head when I saw the topic title.

The character selection music for marvel vs capcom 2! it has drilled into my very soul! Don't know how to embed videos.

To me, this isn't even a question One Must Fall 2097

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdVnKYcYi3g

Such a good game

Knight Shift. Menu music there was far more epic than game itself which was still pretty good.

Obvious winner.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked