a interesting facts about mass effect 1 squad members

Pages 1 2 NEXT

I was on "trueachievements.com" and I was looking at mass effect 1 achievements because I'm doing some quick run throughts to get some 'ally" and 'casting' achievements and maybe a Insane run.

It compiles everyone's stats(if they registered with the site on this website) and I saw a interesting trend with shepard's squad mates

1st-Ashely(Solider Ally)-15,917 tracked gamers has this achievement
2nd-Tali(Quarian Ally)-14,198 tracked gamers has this achievement
3rd-Garrus(Turian Ally)-13,706 tracked gamers has this achievement
4th-Wrex(Krogan Ally)-12,441 tracked gamers has this achievement
5th-Kaiden(Sentinel Ally)-12,433 tracked gamers has this achievement
6th-Liara(Asari Ally)-9,227 tracked gamers has this achievement

I was shocked to Ashely with the most tracked achievement by gamers I thought Tali would be in first place. But also to my surprise that Liara was in dead last place.

I thought majority fans of Mass Effect founds Kaiden boring and didn't want him in their squad but he's got 12,433 hell Wrex(who won best new character 2007) is barley beating Kaiden with 12,441 . Why did Ashely have so many people choosing her is it because you have sex with her?? If that's true then Liara would have been much higher and she's the only squadmate who hasn't reach 10,000 tracked gamers that have this achievement.

And other thing I notice is how the squad's classes reflects Shepard's classes as well

Ashely-Solider class
Kaiden-Sentinel class
Wrex-Vanguard class
Garrus-Infiltrator class
Tali-Engineer class
Liara-Adept class

EDIT: I reorganized the list.

Liara is in dead last, because the Asari Ally achievement requires careful planning to get. If you do many of the Citadel sidequests before leaving the citadel via the Normandy for the first time you're Shit-Outta-Luck getting Asari Ally. You basically have the speed-run to Liara, and then 100% the game.

And I hate Ashley as a character, but she's a damn good squad member. Soldier class was really overpowered in that game.

Yea I'm really surprised Liara is in last. Playing as Adept in ME1 sucked, so I always used her to fill the role. Liara and Wrex made up my typical squad through three runs.

Well the second thing, that your class choice effected your squad choice, makes sense since you want to use your team mates to cover Shepard's deficiencies. If Shepard is a soldier Ashley is far less useful than Wrex since he also has biotic skills.

Onyx Oblivion:
Liara is in dead last, because the Asari Ally achievement requires careful planning to get. If you do many of the Citadel sidequests before leaving the citadel via the Normandy for the first time you're Shit-Outta-Luck getting Asari Ally. You have the speed-run to Liara, and then 100% the game.

Pretty much this. I'd say most people would only do all the side missions once, and the two human squadmembers make this the easiest. Although I did mine with Tali and Grunt.

i always use Garrus and Wrex, i dont use anyone else. I am a Vanguard btw.

Ah, so you have to do all of the side missions as well?

I wondered why I wasn't getting any of those achievements, despite having Garrus in my party basically all the time from when I picked him up on the Citadel until the very end.

The three squad mates achievements i got were Kaiden's,Garrus' and Wrex's

so I'm going back to get Ahsley's,Liara's and Tali

to make it worst the last class I have left is Engineer and i also need the Tali achievement. This next playthrough is going to be so unbalance I'm such a idiot

I need to get Kaidens, but I have never been able to save him on virmire, just so annoying.

ForgottenPr0digy:

to make it worst the last class I have left is Engineer and i also need the Tali achievement. This next playthrough is going to be so unbalance I'm such a idiot

Pistols rule thanks to Marksman turning them ridiculously hard to overheat and basically machine guns, so you'll do fine. With two engineers, assuming you remember to pump points into pistols. Not to mention that all the debuff "mine" abilites of Engineers actually do a solid amount of direct damage.

Hell, my ME1 Vanguard stuck to his pistol, even over the shotgun.

And I did Garrus and Tali. As a Vanguard. Who the hell needs a Soldier?

I haven't gotten a single one of those achievements, sadly. Much more effort than I care to put in.

this isnt my name:
I need to get Kaidens, but I have never been able to save him on virmire, just so annoying.

I despise Ashley. I got that achievment as fast as I could just to get it out of the way, I always skipped any conversations when she thought her opinion was valid she annoys me so much.

The only reason that cow is on my squad is so I can leave her at Virmire to get blown up.

Most of my playthroughs have been with Garrus and Wrex

L3m0n_L1m3:
I haven't gotten a single one of those achievements, sadly. Much more effort than I care to put in.

I don't see how it's hard. Assuming you do all the side-quests anyway, all you have to do is stick with a consistent team. Which tends to happen naturally, as players tend to choose favorites and class-based compliments.

And with an N7 avatar...I'm quite shocked that you didn't get even one.

Onyx Oblivion:

L3m0n_L1m3:

I don't see how it's hard. Assuming you do all the side-quests anyway, all you have to do is stick with a consistent team. Which tends to happen naturally, as players tend to choose favorites and class-based compliments.

Yeah, I'm somewhat shocked myself. It's more that the side quests are all somewhat copy/pasted, aside from the story behind each one.

But with my long weekend, I suppose it would be a good time to get those achievements.

I'm surprised Tali is so high. She was kind of useless gameplay wise.

L3m0n_L1m3:

Onyx Oblivion:

L3m0n_L1m3:

Yeah, I'm somewhat shocked myself. It's more that the side quests are all somewhat copy/pasted, aside from the story.

But with my long weekend, I suppose it would be a good time to get those achievements.

yeah i know what you mean especially when you have go inside a base its always the same floor plan. Is the main room up the stairs or down the circular mine shaft door. But a few of the sides are not bad especially if they have a interesting concept behind them I love garrus' personal mission out of all the side quests.

L3m0n_L1m3:

Onyx Oblivion:

L3m0n_L1m3:

Yeah, I'm somewhat shocked myself. It's more that the side quests are all somewhat copy/pasted, aside from the story behind each one.

Good luck. That'll take 3 nearly 100% playthroughs. You might even have to resort to the collectible hunt missions for Asari Ally.

I tried to get some of those achievements once. I swear to god I did every single thing and went to every single planet but I didn't get either Tali or Wrex :'( so I never bothered again. Maybe people have Kaiden's is because he has the unlocking skills? For me anyway, I don't DISLIKE him, but he's not very interesting

If I may, could you reorder this:

Onyx Oblivion:

to this please?:

it feels more logical and easier to read, also, I sorted for you so you can be lazy :P

but yea, I would never had guessed that, (I believe I always used Wrex and Liara, but I forget) but this reason I feel helps explain it:

Onyx Oblivion:
Liara is in dead last, because the Asari Ally achievement requires careful planning to get. If you do many of the Citadel sidequests before leaving the citadel via the Normandy for the first time you're Shit-Outta-Luck getting Asari Ally. You basically have the speed-run to Liara, and then 100% the game.

And I hate Ashley as a character, but she's a damn good squad member. Soldier class was really overpowered in that game.

bak00777:

Same, but because I like them... not because they're complimentary to solider or anything like that.

I'll probably use others on subsequent play-through's, still on the first run of ME1. I don't like Sci-Fi, I think space is boring, but I have to play it because the characters all seem so well developed. Plus it's Bioware.

MarkDavis94:
I despise Ashley. I got that achievment as fast as I could just to get it out of the way, I always skipped any conversations when she thought her opinion was valid she annoys me so much.

The only reason that cow is on my squad is so I can leave her at Virmire to get blown up.

I know it's a really old game but spoiler tags are appreciated bro.
Maybe next time?

I think I've gotten all of these, though I don't really keep up with achievements. I usually have two consistent squad members that I'll have at least one of with me the whole time, while giving everyone else a turn. I don't like leaving people out.

Onyx Oblivion:

Ah, that explains it. I was wondering why she was so low on the list, but it makes sense explained like that. I figured she would be higher because most people tend to play as a soldier, and it would make sense for them to use squad members with the other skills to balance things.

Other than Liara, everyone on that list is reasonably close to each other. I imagine it is more uneven in Mass Effect 2. Tons of people seem to hate Jacob and Jack (I think they're fine, though Jacob's skills aren't terribly useful compared to most of the others')

Souplex:

Really? I found her to be really usefull once I pumped up electronics giving her more shields. The big problem is that if Shepard is any tech based class she is redundant becuase besides AI Hacking Shepard can have all her skills.

If anything I found Keidan to be useless, since he has no combat specialization, and at least one other team member has bio/tech as well as combat.

CloudKiller:

this isnt my name:

I know what to do, but I just think its better if he is the radioactive ash on virmire, atleast there is something interesting about him then.

I never stuck with the same party members throughout the game, but somehow I was able to get Kaiden's achievment.
I wasn't even done with all the sidequests, and the only story mission I brought him on was Feros.

I guess I brought him on enough sidequests to qualify for the achievement, since he was a sentinel I basically used him as a swiss army knife.
Also I think the Pinnacle station DLC helped out with that, I used him for a lot of the challenges.

Still interesting that Ash was brought along a lot, figured Wrex would be at the top spot. I mostly played as a soldier so I didn't feel that I needed Ash that much.

For an engineer or adept though, she's definitely a must.

StBishop:

bak00777:

Same, but because I like them... not because they're complimentary to solider or anything like that.

I'll probably use others on subsequent play-through's, still on the first run of ME1. I don't like Sci-Fi, I think space is boring, but I have to play it because the characters all seem so well developed. Plus it's Bioware.

Impressive. I too use Garrus and Wrex, and am a Vanguard. I used them because I liked them AND because they're complimentary.

dogenzakaminion:

Souplex:

Really? I found her to be really usefull once I pumped up electronics giving her more shields. The big problem is that if Shepard is any tech based class she is redundant becuase besides AI Hacking Shepard can have all her skills.

I'm agreeing here. Tali is kind of a tank when you level her electronics up and give her a halfway decent armor. She's incredibly useful in the "Rogue VI" side mission.

StBishop:

bak00777:

MarkDavis94:

I know it's a really old game but spoiler tags are appreciated bro.
Maybe next time?

ya i use Garrus and Wrex because i like them.

ForgottenPr0digy:

You're mostly against robotic enemies anyway so it should even out

I'm more surprised that Tali is fairly high, I don't remember her ever being very memorable or very good in the original. She was much better in 2, in my opinion anyway.

I never got any of the squad mate achievements. I swapped around a lot with my team, plus I didn't bother with some sidequests. Didn't enjoy ME enough to bother. I actually found ME's cast to be fairly bland apart from Wrex and Garrus. :/ I think the 2nds cast was better.

it seems to work pretty weirdly i picked garrus and wrex as soon possible and i still never got their acivements

eh i always roll infiltrator or vanguard with ashley and garrus as my teammates the whole game, so this isn't too surprising. personally i never found the others as that dependable, but i suppose if you have a few certain classes they would be better suited.

For my Vanguard i had garrus and kaiden and for my sentinel I used Garrus and Wrex

And I've always thought Kaiden was pretty interesting backstory. And garrus is my favorite squad mate in both mass effect 1 and 2.

Matt King:

ForgottenPr0digy:

You're mostly against robotic enemies anyway so it should even out

yeah that is kinda true I hopefully as this playthough I hope I get that Asari achievement because it would be a pain in the ass to go through that all over again.

Tali + Liara = Win

I tried getting these ally achievements and you know what?

1. They're pointless. Yea yea big deal an extra 10% health or something lame in a future playthrough, considering I am a person who would have played impossible first time round if the lousy game mechanics would have let me, using the same character in multiple playthroughs is completely dumbasseriffic. Like in ME2 where first playthorugh Tali+Miranda are my picks, but by playthough 3 I was enjoying the company of Samara and Drell-guy (yes it's been that long since I played me2 the third time through, okay? :PPP)
2. I KID YOU NOT, you must finsih EVERY mission with them. I dropped garrus for a microsecond so Liara could speak with her mother, and the cheapskates deprived me of the achievement.

Anyway.... I wanna play DA2 now >:( (and me3 between the witcher 2 and skyrim)

Spacewolf:
it seems to work pretty weirdly i picked garrus and wrex as soon possible and i still never got their acivements

The way it works is that the game counts every last thing in it toward getting these achievements. So, the best way to get these achievements is to not do any side quests until you have the characters whose achievements you want. Once they are in your party, go back and down all the sidequests you skipped. That means pretty much every single thing you can do on the Citadel should be skipped until you have who you want. Liara's is tricky to get because most people, as soon as they find a quest, they complete it and by the time they recruit Liara, they've already done too many quests for her achievement.
I have everyone's achievement except Kaiden because I just don't care for him as a character. However, when Mass Effect 3 is about to come out, I'll replay Mass Effect and finally get him.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked