Naming Your Minecraft World

So while I and my friends wait for our server hosting company to get its act together (and curse Notch for releasing an update a day after we hired it!), I was wondering: Do you ever name your minecraft worlds based on their features and if so, what names have you used before?

On our previous (private) server, we affectionately named our lakeside building area 'The Hut', after our hut which happened to get half blown up by a creeper in a tragically similar way to the Parthenon. We eventually abandoned that world since we were getting a new server and the old one seemed to only have dirt, cobblestone and several billion metric tonnes of coal.

So the new one, based in a mountain, has been creatively named 'The Mountain', but we've also got 'Mons Sexus' (Latin: "Mountain of Sex"), 'The cavern of sexual curiosity. Not that there's anything wrong with that', 'Isla Inocentes', 'The mountanious lands of fallic imagery' and 'The Cave'.

You'll notice there's a lot of phallic references there. That might have something to do with the giant dirt phallus I stuck on our mountain so I could find it if I get lost. But anyway, I've digressed enough.

I name the things I've made (Heaven's Light, Heaven's Orb, Heart of Shadows) but not the worlds themselves.

Not that I've been able to get it working since the patch :(

Aeshi:
Not that I've been able to get it working since the patch :(

And I bet you didn't have about 8 people yelling at you over Facebook to get the server working all day :\\

My server is named "Super Special Awesome land" just because all my humour comes from quotes.

I have three Minecraft worlds at the minute. One is Sand Land. I challenged myself to make a thriving area with a decent castle in the desert, one of the hardest areas to spawn and thrive in. The second is The Forest. There must be a tree every 5 blocks, and the nights are unbelievably loud because of the trees causes extra darkness. Fun to go out and hunt at night, because you can't see ANYTHING. Finally, I have The Island. I spawned on a, give or take, 40 x 40 island, with no other land in sight. I built a bridge in one direction what goes on for a very long time before it hits land, and I have taken up the whole island with one huge castle.

Popadoo:
I spawned on a, give or take, 40 x 40 island, with no other land in sight. I built a bridge in one direction what goes on for a very long time before it hits land.

That one intrigues me the most, since I've never seen any map like that. Does it ever touch land?

I don't mind deserts. As long as there's wood to make a pick, I'll usually make a giant glass tower or something.

Can't say I have, to be honest.

The Wasteland because it will be fucked up before I end the game/////

The Ethaninja's World of Awesomeness. You god damn right ;D

QuadFish:

Popadoo:
I spawned on a, give or take, 40 x 40 island, with no other land in sight. I built a bridge in one direction what goes on for a very long time before it hits land.

That one intrigues me the most, since I've never seen any map like that. Does it ever touch land?

I don't mind deserts. As long as there's wood to make a pick, I'll usually make a giant glass tower or something.

I had a similar world at one point but I deleted it because the Island I was on had basically nothing on it.

Not really that fond of deserts since you can't really build a lot without wood.

Im so unorginal at namign things =[

Speaking of minecraft. Is it down? I cant seem to connect to minecraft.net

Distorted Stu:

It's been kinda buggy to connect lately. I was able to get in just now. You'll need to download the update and convert your worlds to the new format though.

Edit: Just looking at the new worlds, it looks like he's increased shadow depth, so everything looks a little bit darker, and less like Super Mario 64.

QuadFish:

Popadoo:

Yeah, it hit land eventually, but I used about 6 stacks of cobble to reach it. Then when I finally got there it was night and a creeper blew me up... Not a great start, but a great starting area!

Popadoo:

QuadFish:

Popadoo:

Yeah, it hit land eventually, but I used about 6 stacks of cobble to reach it. Then when I finally got there it was night and a creeper blew me up... Not a great start, but a great starting area!

Was there even a starting island left after you harvested that much?

Aeshi:

Popadoo:

QuadFish:

Was there even a starting island left after you harvested that much?

Well I dug a little spiral staircase into the ground, maybe 5x5 on the surface, got about 15 blocks deep then just dug outwards for ages.

Gabanuka:
My server is named "Super Special Awesome land" just because all my humour comes from quotes.

Is that... in America?

Distorted Stu:

Notch said on his blog they were having server problems from the database being overloaded.

For me? Nothing. Keeping it to "World 1" and "World 2".

"Actual world."

"Messing around."

"Survival world."

*Edit* wooooo 3000 posts.

Popadoo:

QuadFish:

Popadoo:

I know this sounds weird, but I actually love creepers. The game just wouldn't be the same without them :)

We've had more than a few hilarously unforunate moments with creepers, like when one guy's perfect wooden plank path got hit by three in a row and he ended up shouting "YOU PRAWN" at the guy who did it.

We name places but not the world. It is just known as WORLD.

Though I have not yet named by huge town yet...I should probably do that.

Painis Island, after a YouTube video that always cheers me up.

Naming mine would only make things more confusing.

"Penis world"
"Penis shaped hole"
"Really big fucking hole"
"Can't see shit, captain!"
"Another penis world"

etc etc etc

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked