What is the WORST enemy name in gaming?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Just about all the names in Pokemon

I always found Yoshi Island to have some weird named bosses.

Tap Tap the Rednosed.
Burt the Bashful. (A clown defeated when you knock off his pants, sigh.)
Sluggy the Unshaven.

EllEzDee:
The Combine.
They should have a real name, like the Gargs or Yorps or something.

Was that a Civil Protection reference?

twistedheat15:
DC universe online: There's 2 small bosses named Major Honeygut and Captain Bumblebee... How can you go home and tell your kids ppl call you Major Honeygut and not die inside?

Irrelevant, but I love your Legend of Koizumi avatar.

THEY CALL HIM REVOLVER OCELOT.
*flails his revolvers about shooting shit up*
"NOW I'LL SHOW YOU WHY THEY CALL ME 'REVOLVER'."

Well gee, I wonder why?

Z of the Na'vi:
I'm the first one to say it? I'm shocked.

Do you know what these flying skulls with bat wings are called?

They are known as "Bubbles."

Bubbles.

How the....but there are no.....why would they.... *mouth foams* Oh! There are the bubbles! :P

"Angry Breeze" from Cthulhu saves the world
its litterally an angry breeze

Resonance of Fate had some pretty crazy enemy names...

Flame Fairy, Manhole Stopper, Oil Brownie, Caligula... Either I have a dirty mind or those are some pretty suggestive names.

The Insane Cancer from Silent Hill 3

Spring Man from Mega Man 7 comes to mind.

Oh noez! Not Spring Man! Please don't kill me with your slinkies, or something... >_>

Z of the Na'vi:

Bubbles.

I hope you're being sarcastic, because naming a flying skull with bat wings 'Bubbles' is fuckin' awesome!

The monsters in Dragon Warrior Monsters get pretty far out. You fight everything from Gulpples and Goopies to Curselamps and Madcandles. It never felt ridiculous when I was 7, though.

Darth Revan. Not because the name was bad, but because figuring out exactly who it belonged to was a bit of a surprise. I'd much prefer to be known as Mr. Happy than Mr. Conqueror of the Galaxy.

Seriously though, the name of any pokemon ever.

EllEzDee:
The Combine.

A reference to a reference. I need to go watch CP again.

OT: Probably those damn ninjas in Mirrors Edge. I would have loved that game, if not for them.

Vault101:
Darksiders has "The destroyer"

Im sorry but "Destroyer" just sounds so narmy I mean even say...the dark one would be more respecitible (yeah thats all I can come up with)

They called him that because the destroyer is one of Abaddon's titles.

For certain the worst enemy name of all time is the evil alien race you fight in X3. They are called the Kha'ak. Seriously. Say it. Then imagine every character in the game talking about fighting the Kha'ak. The Kha'ak invading. Being afraid of the Kha'ak. The Kha'ak being so big and hard. Etc. It's almost impossible to take seriously and the worst enemy name I've ever ever encountered.

Also the "couars" or whatever they were in Final Fantasy Tactics for PS1. There were so many mistranslated enemy names it was ridiculous. "Couar" was supposed to be "cougar."

Blitzwing:

Vault101:

Im sorry but "Destroyer" just sounds so narmy I mean even say...the dark one would be more respecitible (yeah thats all I can come up with)

oh right...Yeah I havnt finished yet so I may have missed a few things (plus mabye I should have put subtitles back on as some of those deep deamon voices are hard to undertand)

Vault101:

Blitzwing:

Vault101:

oh right...Yeah I havnt finished yet so I may have missed a few things (plus mabye I should have put subtitles back on as some of those deep deamon voices are hard to undertand)

I don't mean the character from the game. I mean the actual demon/angel Abaddon. The destroyer was one of his titles that's why they used it

Alone in the Dark (2008).
All the ememies had names with just z in the end.
Ratz, humanz, vampirez, batz, Luciferz...

It was just a stupid way of naming all your enemies.
I've been told that in French or something the z is silent, but I don't think that makes it much better.

Brute Stalkers. Not only does it make you think of pedophiles, but it's also a name no one uses. "Invisobrutes" is so much more fun to say.

'Smoker' from Left 4 Dead

for pure randomly stupid naming: Keese, from EVERY Zelda game

Can't believe nobody has said this yet: Cliff Racers *Shudders*

*Edit* Oh wait, I thought it was 'Worst enemy in gaming', I didn't realise it was enemy *name*. :P

I thought The Licker was kinda kinky...
Anyway I'll go with Any of the names of the monsters in Phantasy Star Universe.. Poorly translated and/or just really didnt make any sense...
Gol Dolva
Onmagoug
Kog Nadd
Bil de Vear

I mean come on...

Least imaginative enemy name has to be be in the Metal Gear series, what do they call the big boss? That's right.

Big Boss!

Must have taken minutes to come up with that one :)

Z of the Na'vi:

Bubbles.

I dunno man. The name's too ironic to be terrible.

Sephiroth.

The pinnacle of angsty names.

No but really, who the fuck came up with such a ridiculous name? Seth - Ear - Roff.

Defense:
Basically anyone in Organization XIII from Kingdom Hearts.

I haven't seen those much x's in a name since I went to play on Xbox Live.

I actually like quite a few of those names.
They sound pretty awesome.
(actually I like all)

EllEzDee:
The Combine.

It's a lot worse in the Russian translation. They make it sound like I'm fighting a bunch of crop harvesters. ;(

FalseMemorySyndrome:
Sephiroth.

The pinnacle of angsty names.

No but really, who the fuck came up with such a ridiculous name? Seth - Ear - Roff.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sephirot

The more you know.

Nominons from Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia. I keep reading it as Omnomnom, which is appropriate since all they do is leech on to you and nom on your brain.

from The Legend of Zelda series, I present to you:

Why did they name a monster like that "like like"?
- what is there to like about it?

Peahats For having a misleading name. That isn't a small enemy,

THOSE ARE SPINNING BLADES OF DEATH!

TheSuperiorXemnas:
Xemnas....I mean, Come on. Re-arrange the letters and see what you get XD

It's okay though, i still find him Awesome.

man sex?

Seriously?

By far the worst one I ever heard was 'Evildoer' from that Batman meets Mortal Kombat disgrace on the Mega Drive/Genesis. How bad does the design department have to be to come up with Evildoer?

Hallowed:
The monsters in Dragon Warrior Monsters get pretty far out. You fight everything from Gulpples and Goopies to Curselamps and Madcandles. It never felt ridiculous when I was 7, though.

I first read that as mancandles, which would be an AWESOME name for an enemy

Hot Coldman.

MGS Peace Walker.
......WTF?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked