Dragon age 2 controller support on PC?

Does Does Dragon age 2 on the pc have controller support?

Thanks

It doesn't have native controller support, no. Which is kind of silly, but at the same time I think the keyboard and mouse are still a slightly better choice for DA2.

It's PC ... you can always configure other devices to work, though it takes some doing.
Such as using joy2key or autohotkey scripts.

I like autohotkey myself, having done all sorts of silly stuff such as configuring my tournament edition arcade fightstick to play minesweeper with.

Danceofmasks:
I like autohotkey myself, having done all sorts of silly stuff such as configuring my tournament edition arcade fightstick to play minesweeper with.

That's awesome. I'll look into using a program. Does anyone know how effective they are for DA2?

Edit: Using a arcade stick for minesweeper is awesome.

Ninja_daemon117:

Danceofmasks:

That's awesome. I'll look into using a program. Does anyone know how effective they are for DA2?

Programs like those are effective with any game. All they do is map a keyboard key to a button press or stick movement. The one issue with Dragon Age 2 there I imagine, is that you've got a lot more than four abilities you'll have to use. So mapping the buttons to 1-9 might be kinda difficult. You could do combinations like right trigger + a, I suppose.

Ninja_daemon117:

Danceofmasks:

Edit: Using a arcade stick for minesweeper is awesome.

Well, it depends on how good a programmer you are, I guess.
For instance, if you want the left stick + LB to switch to different character ... I'd probably set up a timed getstate which sends different responses when LB is pressed .. but that's 'cos I suck.
I'm sure it's possible to poll the stick's position after LB is pressed, but I just never figured out how.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked