Some control issues in minecraft. PLEASE HELP.

So I just got a new wireless keyboard. It works great but when I play minecraft I can walk for about 5 feet then I stop moving. Ive remapped the controls multiple times and everything else seems to work accept for walking forward. Has any one else had this problem? If so how did you fix it?

buddee1:
wireless keyboard.

Might be that right there.

Ephraim J. Witchwood:

buddee1:
wireless keyboard.

Well I guess that's it as that's all the info I'm getting from the OP

Ephraim J. Witchwood:

buddee1:
wireless keyboard.

Yea I agree. My wireless keyboard likes breaking at the worst times for me.

Like when I'm trying to do delicate things on a Portal 2 light bridges and it locks me walking forward.

Edit:
Solution: A nice solid bump, against a wall, on the far side of the room, across the hall.

buddee1:
wireless

This is the problem more so than what specific piece of equipment it is.

PatSilverFox:

Ephraim J. Witchwood:

buddee1:
wireless keyboard.

Well I guess that's it as that's all the info I'm getting from the OP

It is a Microsoft 6000 wireless keyboard. it works fine in everything else, just not this.

I've had this happen to me when I went to play Morrowind 8 months back.

I just changed to a wired keyboard. The keyboard that I'm using now is really old, but it works!

Time to get a new keyboard me thinks, can't go wrong with one of them shiny new wireless keyboards!

Hey sorry for replying to such an old thread, but I have the same problem.

Wireless keyboard, everything works ffine except walking forwards in minecraft. It doesn't happen in other games or when I'm typing, I can't believe there's something wrong with the keyboard. There must be a way to fix this problem but this is the only place I've found any other mention of it!

Anyone got any new ideas?

JaffaCake:
Hey sorry for replying to such an old thread, but I have the same problem.

Wireless keyboard, everything works ffine except walking forwards in minecraft. It doesn't happen in other games or when I'm typing, I can't believe there's something wrong with the keyboard. There must be a way to fix this problem but this is the only place I've found any other mention of it!

Anyone got any new ideas?

You should have looked at the rest of the answers. Wireless keyboards aren't well-renowned for their gaming ability.

Have you tried looking on Google for your problem? The only problem I could think of is the wirelessness of your keyboard, without more details no one could really say anything.

This is the only relevant thing I could find when I googled for it. I know it only happens with wireless keyboards but I don't understand why. I've got fresh batteries, good signal, up to date drivers... If its some bug in Minecraft then someone should probably tell them so they can fix it. There must be SOME way to get around it!

(I've got a Microsoft WIreless Multimedia Keyboard 1.1, about 3 or 4 years old now but no other problems I've noticed.)

Maybe open up a notebook doc, hold the w key down and see if it stops or lags when it is being typed. If not, maybe turn your fog distance down a bit? It's happened to me when I large amounts of lag, but it has never been a full stop without the game freezing. If neither work out, reinstall maybe? The wireless aspect really is your best bet.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked