Good horror games on steam THAT ARE NOT AMNESIA/PENUMBRA

any ideas people?

Condemned 1

Fucking scary as hell. I still can't look at department stores the same way again...

2 is scary at moments, too. But not as much...

For steam? Call of Cthulhu: Dark...something. I played the Xbox version, can't speak for the PC versions quality.

Sounds like someone forgot about Silent Hill :P

Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth

Onyx Oblivion:
Condemned 1

Fucking scary as hell. I still can't look at department stores the same way again...

Good job with that reading thing there.

horror games on steam

Steam, not xbox

Depending on what you find scary both S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and Metro 2033 do a good job of creating atmosphere and (at least for me) always have me on edge.

Can't believe I'm the first to say this...
Killing Floor.
Awesome game, so many good memories.

Oh and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl has a couple of freaky moments.

Edit: fuckin ninjas.

Victoria 2 is scarily difficult to get into but then scarily addictive if that helps.

TheComedown:

Onyx Oblivion:
Condemned 1

Good job with that reading thing there.

horror games on steam

Steam, not xbox

thanks for reading it instead of blindly commenting =) i'm fully aware of good horror on xbox and wanted to know of more for steam since there isnt a "horror" tab

bl4ckh4wk64:
Killing Floor.

eh. seen some gameplay. doesnt seem to be so scary

TheAmokz:
uh...

nothing?

very helpful sir. very helpful

Any Stalker

M1LL3R HIGHLIFE:
thanks for reading it instead of blindly commenting =) i'm fully aware of good horror on xbox and wanted to know of more for steam since there isnt a "horror" tab

Well sorry I can't help much more, there is killing floor the l4d games, and alien swarm(free) but having said that they aren't really scary so much as, look zombies.

I hear S.T.A.L.K.E.R has is moments, I've never gotten to far in due to loss of save files. (But i can say its got an awesome atmosphere, even if its not straight up horror) Actually on that note, metro 2033 may also have a little to offer in terms of horror, but again, probably not the kind of thing you are after.

Edit: Also I haven't played it myself, but cryostasis may have something to offer from what I've heard.

TheComedown:

M1LL3R HIGHLIFE:

Well sorry I can't help much more, there is killing floor the l4d games, and alien swarm(free) but having said that they aren't really scary so much as, look zombies.

I hear S.T.A.L.K.E.R has is moments, I've never gotten to far in due to loss of save files. (But i can say its got an awesome atmosphere, even if its not straight up horror) Actually on that note, metro 2033 may also have a little to offer in terms of horror, but again, probably not the kind of thing you are after.

Edit: Also I haven't played it myself, but cryostasis may have something to offer from what I've heard.

NEVER PLAY CRYOSTASIS.
I bought it for like $1.50 and I still regret it.

Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines
Cryostasis
Metro 2033
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky
F.E.A.R.
Scratches - Director's Cut
Dark Fall: Lost Souls

Miller iz Life:

bl4ckh4wk64:
Killing Floor.

eh. seen some gameplay. doesnt seem to be so scary

Trust me, when you're last man standing and the patriarch is right outside of the building you;re in; you'll be scared shitless.

Condemned criminal origins
Condemned 2 bloodshot

Well, I'm gonna go ahead and open this can of worms...

Eversion

Well, let's see. On Steam particularly? None that I can think of. It's a rather underrepresented genre on there. Let me look through my Steam library. This next bit is going to be just a list of horror games I have on Steam.

FEAR has some pretty freaky moments, like other folks have said. Condemned 2 has a PC version, but I don't think it's available on Steam (I got it from D2D). The Void is pretty creepy, but... I can't really recommend it. It's a bit too wierd to be fun. I know of people who find the Bioshock games scary, if you want to check those out. Doom 3 is on there, but... not a really good game, again. The Saw games are on there too, but, yet again, not exactly good games. Thief: Deadly Shadows I know people call kinda scary, good stealth game.

Finally, there's The Path, a little indie game that really redefined the "horror" genre for me. Not exactly much of a game, really more of an artsy experiment. The Escapist did A review of it a while back, if you want to check that out.

Or you could just play Homefront. That's a horrific experience, for entirely different reasons.

AC10:

TheComedown:

M1LL3R HIGHLIFE:

NEVER PLAY CRYOSTASIS.
I bought it for like $1.50 and I still regret it.

Pff! Screw that, Cryostasis was one of the coolest games I played last year. The end is screwed up but otherwise it's great. Not very scary though. Much like STALKER, it does "have it's moments" but most of the game isn't even close to Amnesia scaryness.

I might have to check out Killing Floor and Condemned.

I hear FEAR was scary, I liked FEAR 2 but I didn't feel it was too scary except for 1 or 2 parts.

Amnesia isn't a scary game. It's atmospheric though. There's just never any threat because you can out sprint any enemy in the game by a ridiculous amount.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked