Poll: Portal 1 or 2? Which did you prefer?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

I'm sure this has been asked before, this is the internet, but just in case, which one did you prefer?
Also, on a side not, would you want a third?

Portal 2 has Cave Johnson

End of discussion

2 took everything good about 1 and made it hilarious and awesome.

Portal 2.

It just felt...better.

Give me a both option...

Best games ever place number one: Portal/Portal 2/Mass Effect 2/Half-Life 2/Fallout 3.

Simply can't decide.

Portal 2 for the sake of being the one that actually stumped me on a few occasions.

I would like another sequal since Portal 2 did a very good job keeping the style and comedy of the original.

But it's always the case with sequals: No matter how good they do, if the first one was good and big, it can never have the same amount of magic. Portal 2 is an incredible game, Portal is a piece of art and an experience.

Portal 2 all the way. Cave Johnson and Wheatly made the game for me

Portal.

Portal 2 is a brilliant sequel and is in with a good shot at being my pick for GOTY 2011.

It's not better than Portal though, and is just a bit too easy.

Portal 1.
My problems with portal 2 are as follows.

Portal 1, it was short, harder (in my opinion) and portal 2 sort of re-used portal's jokes like glados's sarcasm etc.

At some points, Portal 2 did feel a bit stretched, but only at some.
Overall it was a supermegaawesome game. All the new stuff you could use in the puzzles, and the old Aperture Science testing grounds...it felt epic.
The ending was just plain... fantastic. Loved it so much.
So my vote goes for Portal 2.

The brilliance of Portal for me was directly related to the unexpected mystery and discovery. Portal 2 presents you things that are interesting, but all the mystery is gone. The puzzles were a lot easier and more single minded in their completion. I still had a lot of fun with it, but I still consider Portal to be the superior experience.

Lemons. Lemons lemons lemons lemons LEMONS!!!!

Honestly, I love them both. They are both amazing, but if forced to choose, I'd say Portal 2 has a mirco lead.

I have one question.

How are you?
Because I'm a potato.

Portal 2 and if you don't agree with me then I'm going to BURN your house down with lemons!

Both amazing games, but my vote has to go to Portal 2.

It did not, in any way, suffer from sequel-syndrome like a lot of games do. Everything felt fresh and new - even the old recycled test chambers and humour had new twists on them (the latter of which was fantastic, I thought).

The only thing about Portal 1 that I thought was better was "Still Alive". "Want You Gone" is still good, and hilarious, and superbly written, but I think "Still Alive" wins. Additionally, in the first game, I had no idea that I was going to be awarded with that treat.

I haven't tried multiplayer yet - I'm waiting for my mate - but I cannot wait to.

tjs09:
Portal 2 has Cave Johnson

End of discussion

you sir, are quite right.
more flammable lemon's ftw.

Portal 2, it was longer and felt a lot more polished than the first. Also no bloody cake jokes. Officially, this is probably one of the few sequels that have felt better than their predecessor. Not to mention the second was about ten times more hilarious.

Portal 2 was bigger, more fleshed out and the coop is awesome. But I kind of prefered the feel of portal 1

Portal 2, for the sake of length, writing, innovation, hilarity, and co-op.

Sixcess:
Portal.

Portal 2 is a brilliant sequel and is in with a good shot at being my pick for GOTY 2011.

It's not better than Portal though, and is just a bit too easy.

well hopefully (and quite probably)
the dlc will be the challenge rooms that also came as dlc for the first game. So we have that to look forward to. I truly believe that this will recieve simmilar levels of support that tf2, which is good tbh. OH yeah its GOTY material, just need to see how ME3 and Skyrim shake out. But its definitely my front runner atm.

portal 2 and i dont think they sould make antor one cus i dont see a point in makeing one portal 2 had a colsd end and theres no need for antor unless valve come up whit a relly strong idea for portal 3 i dont see any point

VaudevillianVeteran:
Portal 2, it was longer and felt a lot more polished than the first. Also no bloody cake jokes. Officially, this is probably one of the few sequels that have felt better than their predecessor. Not to mention the second was about ten times more hilarious.

the cake was replesd whit the deer the DEER IS A LIE

TheYellowCellPhone:
Portal 2, for the sake of length, writing, innovation, hilarity, and co-op.

This for me as well....and Cave Johnson.

Sharalon:
Give me a both option...

Agreed.

I voted for Portal 2, largely because it was a bigger game. Everything I loved in Portal 2 I also loved in the original, but it was more polished in the sequel.

Portal 2 - due to the hilarious nature of the game and it also has co-op which makes the game twice as long! :D its great!

lior13:

the cake was replesd whit the deer the DEER IS A LIE

*Cries* Don't remind me... I was promised deer and got deadly neurotoxin...

I love them both but Portal 2 is far better. While the puzzles are easier they're more complex them Portal Classic was.

Portal 2.

Cave Johnson, Wheatly, singing turret, companion cube and the unholy alliance of GlaDOS and Chell.
"Want You Gone" is as good as "Still Alive" is...

As for Portal 3... No, Portal 2 has a good closure. Don't need of a Portal 3. Instead make Chell the Half Life 3 protagonist... Shut up, I can dream...

Rednog:
Portal 1.
My problems with portal 2 are as follows.

Did you really just complain about Aperture not being logical?

Cave Johnson <3
Even though he was only a voice, I was really sad at the lemon bit :(

only played the 1st one and still alive,not alot of money comin in my house as of late.

I did this thread a week ago. Eh who cares.

OT: Portal 2 had slightly better... EVERYTHING. Seriously it slightly improves on literally every single aspect of Portal 1. From Soundtrack, to Level Design, to characterization.

Sum of it's parts, though: It was simply a better game.

portal was an experiment so it wasn't the full idea yet, it was still great but it the second one allowed a better plot and more innovation with the mechanics

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked