Fallout New Vegas Level 50 With All DLC's

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Today I was on the Fallout Wikia and found out in a blog from the developers that Bethesda plans on adding 5 levels per DLC, which will add up to level 50 when you take in to account Dead Money (the one that gives you a headache while playing it), Honest Hearts (soon to be announced officially, Old World Blues and Lonesome Road. You will reach level 50.

That begs the question, what will the new perks, weapons and monsters be? I mean it's no fun being level fifty if you haven't trained, mutated, biologically enhanced and used cybernetically enhanced your character to into a one person army. But what's the fun of perks without new toys? Dead money focused on melee and unarmed weapons, so the other DLC's will have the other 3 offensive skills to create the majority of the weapons for. Finally, what good are the new toys without new playmates to use them on? We already have Alpha Deathclaws and Cazadors but we may see the return of the DC super-mutants, or at least their Overlords and Behemoths.

Personally, I have no idea what would be a cool perk other than maybe being able to revive yourself Gears 3 style if you take a massive load of damage. Think of it, you use your explosives to finish off a shit load of enemies but get caught in the blast radius, instead of dying you are downed and if you click A enough times you get back up with a few cripeled limbs and 10% HP and AP. For guns, as long as they don't create an overcompensation weapon or a puny pistol that does good damage and accuracy without being ridiculous I'm happy. With armor, maybe some more power armor, less bulkey but at the cost of DR, besides, I'm tired of all the cowboy crap they stuffed the game with. For monsters, I'd like to see more Super-Mutant foes, or maybe a gang of bandits or mercenaries that don't wear junk armor.

So what do you guy's think of this? Any ideas, predictions?

Wow this thread is about as dead as Osama at this point.

I don't think people are in a good mood New Vegas at the minute. With the patch coming out and everything I finally tried to patch things up between us earlier tonight, but it just wasn't willing to put the effort in.

Egh, a level cap of 50 worries me personally. My main complaint with Broken Steel in Fallout 3 made it piss easy to get 100 nearly in every stat, which pretty much made every character build nearly the same. I don't want that to happen to New Vegas.

Gotta be honest: if they can promise me that their game will not crash ever again, I will go back to playing it.

Fuck DLCs. Get that shit sorted.

AlternatePFG:
Egh, a level cap of 50 worries me personally. My main complaint with Broken Steel in Fallout 3 made it piss easy to get 100 nearly in every stat, which pretty much made every character build nearly the same. I don't want that to happen to New Vegas.

Basically this, End game in fallout 3 was basically do you prefer laser or plasma (or in lesser cases small guns)

Half the fun of New Vegas was that the stats were hard to max, so every character seemed reasonably unique. Hell, even across saves I basically played the same way and ended up with 2 entirely differently built characters.

But I'm not going back to the damn thing till they finish making it tho, so maybe a moot point.

Level 50 seems a little crazy. I don't have problems with new perks, but really there's no need to make it so I can max out every stat.

And if they add perks, they should be interesting ones. I am hoping the new patch actually fixes some things up though. I think I would rather have a game that crashes less than 100 more perks to be honest.

And remove some of the damn loading screens. Three loading screens to get into the strip? Seriously? Put a fast travel location in there, for the love of Dog!

I get it, you guys are worried about a high level cap. Now what do you think we'll be fighting and fighting with?

Behemoths, some new enclave soldiers, mutated spiders, an entirely new type of enemy soldier? I'm not sure what we'll be fighting.

I hope they'll add more automatic weapons. The game has way too many semi-automatic guns.

ultrachicken:
Behemoths, some new enclave soldiers, mutated spiders, an entirely new type of enemy soldier? I'm not sure what we'll be fighting.

I hope they'll add more automatic weapons. The game has way too many semi-automatic guns.

We aren't fight Vault 87 mutants, these are remanents and Meriposa muties. They don't get stronger with age and seem to speak in monotone. I really hate that they say things in a bland voice, not the over the top "I'll eat your brain and drink your blood" thing the Vault 87 mutants did. Also the Enclave got it's ass handed to it twice and is on it's deathbed, I doubt they'd make a comeback.

While I agree that we need more spray and pray death machines and less cowboy bullshit what about energy weapons? The last decent gun energy weapon nuts got was re-skinned grenade launcher with a few extras that shoots "holograms" which translates into blue plasma.

Their's going to be a trait you can take in old world blues which caps your level at 30. So if you don't want to level up that much, you don't have to.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Old_World_Blues

Jazoni89:
Their's going to be a trait you can take in old world blues which caps your level at 30. So if you don't want to level up that much, you don't have to.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Old_World_Blues

Wow, that's a great idea actually.

Anyway, I would just like to see more varied versions of the enemies already in the game. Different kinds of deathclaws, ghouls and such. No Vault 87 mutants or Enclave though, that would not make sense at all.

I just hope the upcoming content is better than Dead Money. I just played through it this week and hated it.

I have mods that removes the level cap, lets me level my skill past 100(and get special perks and stuff for doing so) and adds shitloads of new weapons, monsters, locations, and plenty of other things to the world. And its all balanced.

So I guess I'm a bit "meh" towards the whole thing. But good for console players I guess.

But what I liked about Dead Money was that all the new stuff it added was balanced with the game. Unlike Fallout 3's first DLC. Which gave you an unlimited-use stealth suit that 100% camo'd you when steaking, and a stupidly powerful shock-sword and gauss rifle.

So I'm glad Obsidian actually balances things. But I wonder how they'll balance in all the new stuff. Guess its easier doing it little-by-little, but still.

Blatherscythe:

ultrachicken:

We aren't fight Vault 87 mutants, these are remanents and Meriposa muties. They don't get stronger with age and seem to speak in monotone. I really hate that they say things in a bland voice, not the over the top "I'll eat your brain and drink your blood" thing the Vault 87 mutants did. Also the Enclave got it's ass handed to it twice and is on it's deathbed, I doubt they'd make a comeback.

While I agree that we need more spray and pray death machines and less cowboy bullshit what about energy weapons? The last decent gun energy weapon nuts got was re-skinned grenade launcher with a few extras that shoots "holograms" which translates into blue plasma.

The need for more automatic weapons is not exclusive to normal guns. I'd love to see an energy weapon equivalent to the LMG, which is by far my favorite weapon.

I can't believe people were whining about the New Vegas Patch.

I had to disable one of my fifty mods in order to play the game.
Oh the travesty.
I don't even remember what it does.

Anyway, as for the levels, good.
One thing about level-based RPGs is that the 'just this one last level' is a good motivator for continuing on. I think they're going to need to introduce some mighty powerful new things if you're going to be level 50.
Dead Money already has a 'tier' unused for the ghost people, so I assume they've already got a basis for adding stronger enemies.

I'm more interested in perks though.

Oh gee wilikers, I can't wait for the DLC to bug out on me and get me trapped in the worlds unable to escape so I have to start all over again!

Seriously Obsidian, would it have been that hard to spend another month or so making sure the game worked? Another week with the DLC would've been fine for a wait.

Sooo... they are removing one of the best things about New Vegas (the inability to max all skills)? All so they could toss in even more overpowered superman perks and annoying enemies? Yeah, I'm suddenly a lot more comfortable with my decision to only borrow New Vegas from a friend and not go anywhere near any DLC...

Jandau:
Sooo... they are removing one of the best things about New Vegas (the inability to max all skills)? All so they could toss in even more overpowered superman perks and annoying enemies? Yeah, I'm suddenly a lot more comfortable with my decision to only borrow New Vegas from a friend and not go anywhere near any DLC...

I've never actually downloaded any paid-for DLC ever. I still have the crippled version of Fallout 3 with the terrible patch. I only ever buy DLC content in hard copy format, effectively just making it an expansion pack.

oooh, another 20 levels? I'm in. The game seems less buggy on PS3 lately, but still crashes occasionally which, to quote Mr. Croshaw, is a hedgehog in my prostate.

I wasn't going to get Dead Money, but the other DLC sounds intriguing, and they all apparently give hints towards the final one, which involves the courier who gets you into your starting predicament. And I have a few unkind words for him. Like BANG. My gun likes that word.

Also, yay the Burned Man. Interesting if nothing else.

Although it's a bit crappy that they're releasing it as DLC, I'm really excited for the NV DLC. I love the Fallout games, I love the universe and the stories that are created in it. DLC that gives me more of the story (some of it which was going to be in BIS's Fallout 3 no less) is fantastic!

Eh. The sooner they move on from Fallout: They Failed Us, the better.

Give me a DLC with fast travel points inside the Strip and Camp McCarran.

UNtil they fix those endless loading screens I'll have a hard time dragging myself back to NV.

meganmeave:

And remove some of the damn loading screens. Three loading screens to get into the strip? Seriously? Put a fast travel location in there, for the love of Dog!

You totally ninja'd me.... I HATE the NV loading screens.

And while we're at it, how about some decent energy weapons?

MiracleOfSound:

UNtil they fix those endless loading screens I'll have a hard time dragging myself back to NV.

Oh god. That's why I tried to take care of EVERYTHING in McCarran on my first visit. Took me 2-3 hours before I left that place...

Then I have to go back for OTHER quests. FUUUUUUUUUU

Onyx Oblivion:

MiracleOfSound:

Oh god. That's why I tried to take care of EVERYTHING in McCarran on my first visit. Took me 2-3 hours before I left that place...

I know, it sucks major molerat balls. The Freeside quests are a pain in the ass too... it's like 80% loading screens, 15% walking back and forth, 5% talking.

DAMMIT I WILL NEVER FINISH THIS GAME

Irridium:
I have mods that removes the level cap, lets me level my skill past 100(and get special perks and stuff for doing so) and adds shitloads of new weapons, monsters, locations, and plenty of other things to the world. And its all balanced.

So I guess I'm a bit "meh" towards the whole thing. But good for console players I guess.

But what I liked about Dead Money was that all the new stuff it added was balanced with the game. Unlike Fallout 3's first DLC. Which gave you an unlimited-use stealth suit that 100% camo'd you when steaking, and a stupidly powerful shock-sword and gauss rifle.

So I'm glad Obsidian actually balances things. But I wonder how they'll balance in all the new stuff. Guess its easier doing it little-by-little, but still.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the DLC's for NV being done by Bethesda?

WrongSprite:

Irridium:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the DLC's for NV being done by Bethesda?

Nope, Bethesda just does the bug-testing. Same with the patches I'm pretty sure.

And yes, I know how terrifying it is to have Obsidian develop, and Bethesda test, but thats whats happening.

MiracleOfSound:

Onyx Oblivion:

MiracleOfSound:

I know, it sucks major molerat balls. The Freeside quests are a pain in the ass too... it's like 80% loading screens, 15% walking back and forth, 5% talking.

Or if your on the PC with a mod that adds fast travel points...

;)

Wouldn't mind battling some colossal creatures...

AND I wouldn't mind roaming the deserts as a BAMF

Irridium:

Or if your on the PC with a mod that adds fast travel points...

;)

It's my goal this year to finally get one... I mean come on, I'm gonna have to have one for Skyrim!

As much as I love Fallout 3/New Vegas

The one critisim I have of it is that it's too easy.
I hate ULTRA challenge games but I'd want to at least fight some tough Resistance from enemies.

Irridium:

And yes, I know how terrifying it is to have Obsidian develop, and Bethesda test, but thats whats happening.

If it were Obsidian writing, Bethesda building the world and Valve testing, we'd have a hell of a game.

MiracleOfSound:
[it sucks major molerat balls

Yep. That's the most unappealing way to describe anyting, ever. Ew.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked