Fallout New Vegas Level 50 With All DLC's

Pages PREV 1 2

MiracleOfSound:

Irridium:

And yes, I know how terrifying it is to have Obsidian develop, and Bethesda test, but thats whats happening.

If it were Obsidian writing, Bethesda building the world and Valve testing, we'd have a hell of a game.

Yes it would. Also, I'm reminded of this Stolen Pixels:

Irridium:

Yes it would. Also, I'm not reminded of this Stolen Pixels:

Oh man, sometimes Stolen Pixels hits just the right note. I haven't seen that one, but it is so true.

I am excited for the new DLC's now I love fallout and btw my game has never crashed or bugged maybe I'm just insanely lucky.

MiracleOfSound:

Irridium:

Or if your on the PC with a mod that adds fast travel points...

;)

It's my goal this year to finally get one... I mean come on, I'm gonna have to have one for Skyrim!

You should be able to get one since you're rich and famous now, right? ;)

im exicted for old world blues it sounds cool finding out were the mutants of the mojave wasteland. i hope i dont run in to gaint ants i find them scary D: i had a bad experience with them in fallout 3 they breathed out fire D:

i also like how all the dlcs work like a mini story ark like all the refeneces from dead money link up into the future dlcs

MiracleOfSound:

meganmeave:

And remove some of the damn loading screens. Three loading screens to get into the strip? Seriously? Put a fast travel location in there, for the love of Dog!

You totally ninja'd me.... I HATE the NV loading screens.

And while we're at it, how about some decent energy weapons?

Agreed, the last one we got was a reskinned grenade launcher that shoots blue plasma.

Blatherscythe:

MiracleOfSound:

meganmeave:

And remove some of the damn loading screens. Three loading screens to get into the strip? Seriously? Put a fast travel location in there, for the love of Dog!

You totally ninja'd me.... I HATE the NV loading screens.

And while we're at it, how about some decent energy weapons?

Agreed, the last one we got was a reskinned grenade launcher that shoots blue plasma.

I rather liked how the holorifle handled but holy shit I just realized that you're totally right. It's the grenade rifle with a scope on it.

I am so glad I got all the achievements (In one playthrough plus a reload before the end) for dead money, what a confusing dlc. Anyway I am looking forward to it, sounds like fun!

Irridium:

Yes it would. Also, I'm not reminded of this Stolen Pixels:

LMFAO that made me laugh and cackle at 5am and wake the missu up hahah... I love how Bioware's dialogue is the heaven and hell...

meganmeave:

MiracleOfSound:

Irridium:

Or if your on the PC with a mod that adds fast travel points...

;)

It's my goal this year to finally get one... I mean come on, I'm gonna have to have one for Skyrim!

My dear Meg, I am not all that famous, and I am most certainly not rich in any way shape or form!

Dead money is one of the hardest DLC i've ever played for fallout nv and 3 (not including mods, but even then its pretty close), oh well it was all worth it when i snuck out with all the gold bars lol, i personally can't wait for the other DLC, i just hope when the cap increases so does the skill cap this time.

Although it would be nice if they'd fixed fix the one bug which has planed me from day one, random crash to desktop (mostly after fast travel), that and a DLC which will let me play after the dam would be nice too...what is it with the fallout team and not letting you play afterwards unless its after a DLC is downloaded (does Dead money allow it?).

DustyDrB:
I just hope the upcoming content is better than Dead Money. I just played through it this week and hated it.

I thought the story was great but the actual content itself was awful. You do get some reasonably nice gear out of it, namely an excellent selection of light armor, a somewhat different revolver and the very respectable automatic rifle and the best part is that none of the items are broken. Nothing like beating Operation Anchorage and having access to most of the best stuff in the game, stuff that was so good that nothing else came even close to it.

With regards to the level cap, I can personally attest that, even if you take the educated perk AND have 10 intelligence, you simply cannot build a character with 100 in every skill. In the course of the game you naturally acquire 824 skill points (maxed intelligence, educated perk taken at the first opportunity at level 4). With tag! you can boost this number to 839. In order to max all the skills in F:NV you need approximately 1000 skill points. Since many of the better perks rely on having a special attribute score of greater than 6, this more or less means you won't likely get this "optimal" number of skill points per level. The bottom line is that even with a cap at level 50, that still means you will either a number of skills trained only to middle levels or two that are left at the amateur levels.

Of course, the question of difficulty is largely irrelevant. The game is only as difficult as players want to make it. Playing on "very hard" difficulty, on hardcore is no real threat given that only a tiny handful of enemies in the game can withstand even single rounds of an anti-material rifle or a brush gun. If you want the game to be difficult in any way, you're more or less forced to choose to play the game poorly. Playing through the entire game using little more than a 9mm handgun and only wearing mercenary armor would certainly make some quests difficult, especially given the complete lack of AP ammunition for that particular weapon.

I personally enjoyed Dead Money more than the actual game. lol. I love the sort of creepy throw back to the 'old world' The posh ghoul was just the icing on the cake really. I'm so psyched for these new DLC :3

The_Healer:
Gotta be honest: if they can promise me that their game will not crash ever again, I will go back to playing it.

Fuck DLCs. Get that shit sorted.

I think the spirit of your quest is reasonable in that the game ought to work better than it does. That said, there is literally no way a programmer could guarantee the program would never crash when it is of this size and complexity.

If they could reduce the quite crashes upon loading that currently affects my game in about 5% of all loading screens to say 1%, I'd be reasonably satisfied. 5% might not sound like much but you see that loading screen a LOT. Hell, just going to turn in a quest to the NCR Ambassador on the strip requires 4 loading screens!

Eclectic Dreck:

DustyDrB:
I just hope the upcoming content is better than Dead Money. I just played through it this week and hated it.

I thought the story was great but the actual content itself was awful. You do get some reasonably nice gear out of it, namely an excellent selection of light armor, a somewhat different revolver and the very respectable automatic rifle and the best part is that none of the items are broken. Nothing like beating Operation Anchorage and having access to most of the best stuff in the game, stuff that was so good that nothing else came even close to it.

With regards to the level cap, I can personally attest that, even if you take the educated perk AND have 10 intelligence, you simply cannot build a character with 100 in every skill. In the course of the game you naturally acquire 824 skill points (maxed intelligence, educated perk taken at the first opportunity at level 4). With tag! you can boost this number to 839. In order to max all the skills in F:NV you need approximately 1000 skill points. Since many of the better perks rely on having a special attribute score of greater than 6, this more or less means you won't likely get this "optimal" number of skill points per level. The bottom line is that even with a cap at level 50, that still means you will either a number of skills trained only to middle levels or two that are left at the amateur levels.

Of course, the question of difficulty is largely irrelevant. The game is only as difficult as players want to make it. Playing on "very hard" difficulty, on hardcore is no real threat given that only a tiny handful of enemies in the game can withstand even single rounds of an anti-material rifle or a brush gun. If you want the game to be difficult in any way, you're more or less forced to choose to play the game poorly. Playing through the entire game using little more than a 9mm handgun and only wearing mercenary armor would certainly make some quests difficult, especially given the complete lack of AP ammunition for that particular weapon.

The loot was nice. The police pistol was great, especially considering it counts as a holdout weapon. But the gameplay did not lend itself to my style of playing at all. I don't like sneaking around in the game, don't like creepy atmospheres with things that jump out at me, and that whole collar mechanic was just dreadful. I won't say Dead Money was bad, but it certainly wasn't for me. But the loot was very nice (I could only take five gold bars, though. How did anyone take it all?)

DustyDrB:

The loot was nice. The police pistol was great, especially considering it counts as a holdout weapon. But the gameplay did not lend itself to my style of playing at all. I don't like sneaking around in the game, don't like creepy atmospheres with things that jump out at me, and that whole collar mechanic was just dreadful. I won't say Dead Money was bad, but it certainly wasn't for me. But the loot was very nice (I could only take five gold bars, though. How did anyone take it all?)

The collar combined with invincible enemies is what made it so annoying to play. As far as the bars go, I don't think one could get out with all of them or even most of them. If you go for safety deposit box (which gives you the most time to get out), you have perhaps 1:30 to make it and I suspect it isn't possible to make the trip encumbered under such limitations as you have to make several jumps. More importantly, without stealth boys you wouldn't make it past the holograms (if you didn't disable the emitters) at a walking pace as they do absurd damage.

MiracleOfSound:

meganmeave:

MiracleOfSound:

My dear Meg, I am not all that famous, and I am most certainly not rich in any way shape or form!

Oh silly, didn't you know? That was my future self posting. She always posts on Sundays. That's when she comes back in time to tease me about how awesome all the games of the future will be.

She's supposed to be good, and not start any pesky paradoxes, but apparently she let that little info slip. Pretend you never heard it, then when the future happens, pretend to be surprised. :D

Ive already beaten the game twice, and done pretty much every sidequest in the game, twice. The DLC holds little interest to me at this point.

meganmeave:

MiracleOfSound:

meganmeave:

Oh silly, didn't you know? That was my future self posting. She always posts on Sundays. That's when she comes back in time to tease me about how awesome all the games of the future will be.

She's supposed to be good, and not start any pesky paradoxes, but apparently she let that little info slip. Pretend you never heard it, then when the future happens, pretend to be surprised. :D

Ask her to let me know how Skyrim turns out!

MiracleOfSound:

Ask her to let me know how Skyrim turns out!

She tried to tell me, but the only words that came out of her mouth were, "Spoilers, Spoilers."

She told me this was because in the future, they have this new automatic censoring device that makes it impossible for people to reveal spoilers. It's installed in every person on the planet. This censoring technology works 24-7, so people can freely go about their business on forums without ever fearing a spoiler again.

Oh, she was able to tell me that Skyrim revolutionized revolutionizing.

To be truthful, I think the level cap is good right where it's at (after the Dead Money DLC). It feels balanced and you're not so godlike that you can't be occasionally killed still, which keeps things interesting. I'm looking forward to the new DLCs more for the story content tbh. I hope they include Ulysses finally, now that I read about him.

Jfswift:
To be truthful, I think the level cap is good right where it's at (after the Dead Money DLC). It feels balanced and you're not so godlike that you can't be occasionally killed still, which keeps things interesting. I'm looking forward to the new DLCs more for the story content tbh. I hope they include Ulysses finally, now that I read about him.

Good news for you then, Old World Blues is supposed to introduce a perk that will cap your level at 30 (or whatever level your at if your over it.)

I am keen to play the DLC (haven't played Dead Money yet) probably next year.

I played through NV 3 times (one game right after the other) when I first got it so I still need a break.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked