Hours put into Oblivion, Morrowind etc?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Okay I feel like a total nerd now...

A couple of days ago I found a dusty USB in one of my drawers. Turns out it had all my super old files in it. Including Arena and Daggerfall. (The first 2 'Elder Scrolls' games)

I checked the files and remembered just how fun Arena and Daggerfall were. I ended up checking the statistics and secondary files in the folder and found out how long I played Arena and Daggerfall for. A lot longer than I thought I did... but we'll get to that in a sec.

Afterwards I went and checked back up on Morrowind and got my overall time on that, I then also checked Oblivion.

Now when I look at all four amounts I feel like a total nerd, lol. I'll show you why...

Arena - 57 hours

Daggerfall - 92 hours

Morrowind - 512 hours... (I know...)

Oblivion - (brace yourself...) 886 hours...

886!!? Where the hell did that time go!? plus that was just one character, I've through like four of them... who knows how much time I've spent on this game!? bloody hell...

I just wanted to know how many hours you guys spent on Morrowind and Oblivion, and if you can't find the exact number, or don't know. Just a rough estimate...

I would assume most of you haven't played Arena or Daggerfall but for those who have I doubt you could remember how long... but if you can, go for it.

More than I could count. I guess I could go back and look at the times on my playthroughs but... meh.

Where's Onyx? He's done at least 4000 hours in Oblivion... I've only done about fifty.

About 200 hours on Oblivion, and 20 on Morrowind. I'm not that much of a fan of Morrowind. Never played Arena and Daggerfall, but I'll probably download them this summer since they're freeware now.

About 200 hours combined. I got bored with Oblivion so I just stopped playing. Morrowind I played for about 1 hour. Stupid dagger not hitting anything...

Most of my time in morrowwind and oblivion was spent collecting, stacking, and organizing human skulls.

Best.

Loot.

Ever.

It was like a macabre animal crossing.

I did spend substantially more time in morrowwind-- was still in college back then. More time.

Morrowind, I must have a couple thousand hours. Oblivion a few hundred.

Shepard's Shadow:
About 200 hours combined. I got bored with Oblivion so I just stopped playing. Morrowind I played for about 1 hour. Stupid dagger not hitting anything...

lol. Yeah, those daggers were somewhat of a pain...

Jay Parrish:

Shepard's Shadow:

lol. Yeah, those daggers were somewhat of a pain...

Yep. Enough that I stopped playing.

Around 22 in Morrowind, and 456 in Oblivion.

I only got Morrowind recently, but in terms of gameplay I enjoy Oblivion far more, so in the end I'll still probably have clocked more time into it.

Over 400 in Oblivion. Now prepare for Onyx to come and stomp us all. For great justice.

Doesn't Onyx have like, 4500 hours in oblivion?

I always make new characters over and over, so I don't have much playtime on any 1 character

If we're talking about games in general, then I doubt that anyone can beat my 6000+ hours in Disgaea 2.

Well, the reason I replay elder scrolls games is to build ever more awesome characters.

Currently working on countering the weaknesses of my new Altmer .. it's potentially the most awesome character ever ...
After all, having that 10% speed boost by being the tallest race is damn awesome.

I have around 200 in Oblivion, but it bored me so I stopped.

I have well over 4000 hours in Morrowind.....mostly on one character!

I've probably spent 200+ hours on Oblivion, though i'm kinda scared of Skyrim. When it comes out as i'll probably devolve into some sort of chair bound vegetable thing that claims to be able to speak to dragons.

Hazzaslagga:
I've probably spent 200+ hours on Oblivion, though i'm kinda scared of Skyrim. When it comes out as i'll probably devolve into some sort of chair bound vegetable thing that claims to be able to speak to dragons.

Don't worry... you won't be alone...

I recently picked back up on X3 Reunion, before I reinstalled it I had...well 8 hours less than it shows now. After the learning curve it gets quite addictive for fairly long periods of time.

That's nothing, my buddy has 420 days logged into world of warcraft, yes 420 was on purpose lol.

1000+ yeay i have no life at al

350+ in oblivion. It's an awesome game

I loved Morrowind. Don't know how many hours I have put into it but it would hundreds... sadly it still doesn't compare to the thousands of hours in WoW...

Levitas1234:
That's nothing, my buddy has 420 days logged into world of warcraft, yes 420 was on purpose lol.

Wait... hold on, I suck at maths... so, 420 x 24... hmm... uh... equals... uh, a lot.

However I would imagine a lot of WoW gamers play that game far too much.

Jay Parrish:

Levitas1234:

Wait... hold on, I suck at maths... so, 420 x 24... hmm... uh... equals... uh, a lot.

However I would imagine a lot of WoW gamers play that game far too much.

one year = 335 days, so over a year, strangely enough he's the polar opposite of the stereotypical wow player

I've never actually played any of those. I'd ask if it'd be worth it to check out Skyrim, but I can guess what kind of answer I'd get from you guys!

lacktheknack:
Where's Onyx? He's done at least 4000 hours in Oblivion... I've only done about fifty.

RedEyesBlackGamer:
Over 400 in Oblivion. Now prepare for Onyx to come and stomp us all. For great justice.

Arontala:
Doesn't Onyx have like, 4500 hours in oblivion?

Good. I don't even need to post. :P

Yeah, but 4,000+ hours of Oblivion.

ON CONSOLES. No mods, no community patching...Just good old vanilla.

Private Custard:

I have well over 4000 hours in Morrowind.....mostly on one character!

O_o

Mod-less or modded up?

Onyx Oblivion:

Mod-less or modded up?

XBox, unmodded!

I pushed the game so hard that new glitches kept appearing.....some of which actually made the game more fluid for someone like myself, who (at that stage), was only in it to see how far I could go!

Far too much for my liking.

Morrowind: 100+, don't remember exactly
Oblivion: 85 main character, about 5 with others
Fallout 3: ~90
WoW: 700+ hours (I was a real lightweight)

I tend to feel I've used up a game after that many hours. Even if it's got plenty of "content" I technically haven't seen, new areas will just be rubberstamps of things I already did. There's only so many times I can clean out that exact same cave with those exact same enemies. Experience has no meaning once you cap out; loot ceases to have meaning once you pass 5000 crowns/bottlecaps/petrified monster turds. [shrug]

Private Custard:

Onyx Oblivion:

Mod-less or modded up?

XBox, unmodded!

I pushed the game so hard that new glitches kept appearing.....some of which actually made the game more fluid for someone like myself, who (at that stage), was only in it to see how far I could go!

All my Oblivion time was on many characters. And I only used one save slot, just kept a running total of hours in my head, so I was deleting 120+ hour save files like they weren't even there.

I can't imagine just a single character with 4,000 hours, though. I hit level 30 and usually restart soon after that. Because that's about when your capped out (legit/exploitless) combat strength starts not being enough to keep up with the scaling. Usually. Pure mages, I can take to about 45 or so before the scaling beats me down with boredom. Spell, dodge, regenerate MP...Over and over and over. >_>

Arontala:

If we're talking about games in general, then I doubt that anyone can beat my 6000+ hours in Disgaea 2.

Give me a year or so, and another Oblivion addiction flare-up.

I will pull 20 100+ hour character files out my ass. I never did try a pure non-assassin archer...

Around 117 days in WoW on one character.

Morrowind - Only like 10 hours or so, never really could get the hang of it.

Oblivion - Maybe 50, I dunno. Across many characters, I had a tendency to get bored. I rather like Oblivion but I keep on getting distracted by other games that came out recently.

Since it's a Bethesda game I guess it's related, I've spent way too much time on Fallout 3. Maybe about 150+ hours across many playthroughs? I rather hate the main plotline of that game, but exploring was fun. Too bad hitting the level cap in that game was so quick, and by then you maxed out like every skill. That kinda killed some of the fun at the endgame.

Onyx Oblivion:

Arontala:

I will pull 20 100+ hour character files out my ass. I never did try a pure non-assassin archer...

Are we talking about separate game saves, too? Because I have 4 of them, all with at least 2000 hours. So that's...... 14000 hours? I think?

I would get tired of having super badass reincarnated 100+ times characters, and would start a new game and try max difficulty prinny runs.

Small potatoes

Arontala:

Onyx Oblivion:

Arontala:

Are we talking about separate game saves, too? Because I have 4 of them, all with at least 2000 hours. So that's...... 14000 hours? I think?

I would get tired of having super badass reincarnated 100+ times characters, and would start a new game and try max difficulty prinny runs.

Okay. I'm going to need 2 years, total loss of internet, and a major flare-up. I CAN BEAT THAT.

The_root_of_all_evil:
Small potatoes

I HAVE BEAT THAT, TOO.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked