The Escapist's Official Game Release Date Calendar - New Status Update

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Official Game Release Calendar

Find all you need concerning the release dates of your favourite titles. Formatting courtesy of Claymorez.

15/12/2011 - School has ended for me now and I now that I have nothing to do during the day, I am pleased to announce I am going to start working on release dates again.

For September

Oooh, this is handy. And is actually kinda easy to go through, so that's a plus.

Bookmarked for future reference, thanks for pulling this together. Saves me a fair bit of time.

Handy. And sticky'd too. I'll be sure to check back here every once in a while.

Zirat:
Oooh, this is handy. And is actually kinda easy to go through, so that's a plus.

Bookmarked for future reference, thanks for pulling this together. Saves me a fair bit of time.

Sweet. Glad you didn't have any problems going through. I thought stuff was a bit too bunched up.

TheYellowCellPhone:
Handy. And sticky'd too. I'll be sure to check back here every once in a while.

It shall always be updated and ready. I'll try and make sure its always a few months ahead of time.

Nice idea. Will be Bookmarked by me :)

TimeLord:

Yay! Did you find everything all right to read?

EcksTeaSea:

TimeLord:

I was a bit confused by the bold numbers at first until I realised they were dates. Personally, it might be better if you put 6/7/11 or 6/7/2011 etc to make it easier to read. A bit redundant yes, but it might point them out more as dates but that's just me :)

TimeLord:

EcksTeaSea:

TimeLord:

I was a bit confused by the bold numbers at first until I realised they were dates. Personally, it might be better if you put 6/7/11 or 6/7/2011 etc to make it easier to read. A bit redundant yes, but it might point them out more as dates but that's just me :)

For sure. Shall take that into consideration and do some changes later tonight. Thanks for the heads up.

Red Faction Armageddon, Child of Eden, Alice, inFamous 2, Duke Nukem Forever, Dungeon Siege 3, and LoZ: OOT...

Hell of a line-up for a single month.

Very nice idea, this will come in handy for lots of us.

Looking forward to Red Faction: Armageddon, the demo was a blast.

MiracleOfSound:
Very nice idea, this will come in handy for lots of us.

Looking forward to Red Faction: Armageddon, the demo was a blast.

*has yet to play demo due to PSN downtime*

As a massive fan of Red Faction 1, I don't suppose there's any chance at all that RF:A is gonna go back to that basic setting/story and/or time period? Like I was kinda hoping Gurrila would.

TimeLord:

As a massive fan of Red Faction 1, I don't suppose there's any chance at all that RF:A is gonna go back to that basic setting/story and/or time period? Like I was kinda hoping Gurrila would.

Nope it's set a good few years after Guerilla. It's linear though, which will probably suit the game better.

PLUS.... the magnet gun is just the greatest weapon ever.

MiracleOfSound:

TimeLord:

Nope it's set a good few years after Guerilla. It's linear though, which will probably suit the game better.

PLUS.... the magnet gun is just the greatest weapon ever.

*is skeptical*

Hmmm, Red Faction died after RF2 for me and even then, RF2 was a painful game. Although a magnet gun sounds cool though. Although I doubt it has a railgun like RF1 and RF2? The railgun being the most overpowered and brilliant weapon ever conceived by the PS2. Especially with cheats on in RF2 where you had unlimited ammo and rapid fire and the game was officially over, and 6x more fun!

I think my problem is that the series went 3rd person and that just kicks me out of a game series when I loved it as 1st person.

TimeLord:

*is skeptical*

Hmmm, Red Faction died after RF2 for me and even then, RF2 was a painful game. Although a magnet gun sounds cool though. Although I doubt it has a railgun like RF1 and RF2? The railgun being the most overpowered and brilliant weapon ever conceived by the PS2. Especially with cheats on in RF2 where you had unlimited ammo and rapid fire and the game was officially over, and 6x more fun!

I think my problem is that the series went 3rd person and that just kicks me out of a game series when I loved it as 1st person.

Never played the first ones so wouldn't know!

The magnet gun shoots 2 magnets that them pull whatever they are attached to together... be it an enemy, a pipe, a wall... it's awesome mixed with the destructibility.

MiracleOfSound:

TimeLord:

*is skeptical*

Never played the first ones so wouldn't know!

The magnet gun shoots 2 magnets that them pull whatever they are attached to together... be it an enemy, a pipe, a wall... it's awesome mixed with the destructibility.

Oh man you missed out. Go back and play those, they are so much fun. I got Red Faction Guerrilla for free when I bought Darksiders. Have yet to actually open it as well. Though really go back and play 1 and 2 if you haven't. Quite a lot of fun.

BooooookMARKED! Great idea for a thread!

AvsJoe:
BooooookMARKED! Great idea for a thread!

Thanks! All of your reactions to this are great. Making this very worth it to continue working. Can't wait to bring you guys and girls future updates!

Ooooh. A new sticky! This will be quite useful to remind myself what is coming out when. Really good idea too! Wish I had thought of it first... *grumbles*

Also: Oooh, new Alice, Infamous 2, new Red Faction, Shadows of the Damned... Looks like it is shaping up to be a surprisingly good summer month for games! Considering the dearth of good games that are usually released in the summer, this is a welcome surprise.

I've been hoping the escapist or at least someone on the escapist would do this. This is really useful.

very handy. I'll be sure to spread the word of this in a few places :3

Bold the game titles or something. It's kinda hard to read and differentiate. Otherwise, not a bad format!

EDIT: Whoops didn't read the bottom part. But still, even if you're gonna make the game titles a different colour in the future it'll be a good idea to bold the titles now to make for easy reading. It's fast and easy to just simply bold something, after all. Unless you're doing the colour thing in the near future, then otherwise, by all means!

great idea, lethal tho! Now 've found five more games I want in the next six weeks!

Bookmarked for sure! I hate the way the other sites do this, this is so much more accessible to me!

Thanks for doing all that work!

Well, this does looks rather nice and useful.
Though i can imagine making this can be quite the pain in the arse if you're doing all the work yourself. Lots of games coming out always.

That is an excellent idea - I'll be checking back regularly

You've done an admirable job in creating this. If you want help with formatting it, I would suggest PMing @Claymorez. He's kind of got a knack for it.

/bookmark.

No offense, but I'll stick to VGReleases. You are missing a game for June 14th that I've already pre-ordered. Record of Agarest War Zero for reference.

I approve of the thread,and the only thing I can think of to help keep this from wall-o-text proportions is using spoilers for subheadings to condense your post to something quite a bit more manageable, perhaps segregating the individual sections by week or month?

Nice job, but I think you'll need more than bolding. [h1] [h2] and [h3] maybe? Some spoiler boxes and seperating lines would make it a lot neater and easier to read. Amazed nobody thought of this before though, well done!

Sevre:
You've done an admirable job in creating this. If you want help with formatting it, I would suggest PMing @Claymorez. He's kind of got a knack for it.

/bookmark.

Thanks for the heads up. I will for sure send a message his way.

RedEyesBlackGamer:
No offense, but I'll stick to VGReleases. You are missing a game for June 14th that I've already pre-ordered. Record of Agarest War Zero for reference.

None taken! I know its not the best that it can be right now. As for that game I didn't put it in on purpose because when I looked it up it seems I misread the titles and thought it was already released. Will be sure to read titles more carefully in the future.

Fayathon:
I approve of the thread,and the only thing I can think of to help keep this from wall-o-text proportions is using spoilers for subheadings to condense your post to something quite a bit more manageable, perhaps segregating the individual sections by week or month?

Jedamethis:
Nice job, but I think you'll need more than bolding. [h1] [h2] and [h3] maybe? Some spoiler boxes and seperating lines would make it a lot neater and easier to read. Amazed nobody thought of this before though, well done!

Will definitely see what I can do. Thanks for the ideas guys!

SirBryghtside:
It's cool, but are you planning on fitting in more months per post? Like, each one in a spoiler box?

Edit: Also, Put that 'explanation of what it is' in a little spoiler box at the top. Otherwise it just gets in the way.

Eventually yes now that you said it, I don't want this getting insanely long and hard to navigate through. I only put up June like that to show my idea for the formatting and how it can be improved.

Thanks for the spoiler idea at the top. Would probably never have done that.

Giantbomb has this too.

Phoenix14:
Giantbomb has this too.

I know a lot of places have it, just thought it would be nice of the Escapist had it too. Eventually I want to get it up to par with some of the other sites.

SirBryghtside:

EcksTeaSea:

SirBryghtside:
It's cool, but are you planning on fitting in more months per post? Like, each one in a spoiler box?

Edit: Also, Put that 'explanation of what it is' in a little spoiler box at the top. Otherwise it just gets in the way.

Eventually yes now that you said it, I don't want this getting insanely long and hard to navigate through. I only put up June like that to show my idea for the formatting and how it can be improved.

Thanks for the spoiler idea at the top. Would probably never have done that.

One more thing - when formatting, try looking at the other sticky topics - there are quite a few in the off-topic section.

Good luck!

Thanks for all the help and ideas! Very grateful. I will do my best, with the help of others, to make this the best quality it can be.

Saved post...for something.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked