Why all the hate for Mr Caffeine?

Just kidding.
That was probably the most obnoxious video game marketing bs since "all I want for xmas is a psp."
Did anyone bother telling him that the "flashback sound effect" isn't what made Wayne's World so funny?
I just hope that we never have to see that again.

Why couldn't Ubisoft just hire some B list celebrity like they usually do?

So would you agree that he was the most obnoxious part of this year's e3 or are you more offended that Nintendo wants to Wii on U?
What's your most facepalming moment of this years news/footage?

I dont see why people hated him so much, I thought he was a good speaker, he got in there and got the job done. I dont understand all the hate

BECAUSE HAVING A QUITE POSSIBLY DRUGGED SPEAKER ACT OVERLY EXCITED ABOUT EVERYTHING IS THE BEST IDEA EVER.

He was pretty damn obnoxious. What scares me more is he supposedly goes around doing this for them all the time, so it must be working to some extent. They could have just had some guy standing up there doing it and it'd work just as well with less lame jokes. Hell, could've probably done the flashback stuff then the trailers like they were and called it a day.

One thing I thought was hilarious was that EA Sports getting Lil Wayne to endorse FIFA. Totally makes me want to buy the game.

Mr. Caffeine's enthusiasm was great; at least he didn't in a boring drawl like most of the speakers in the Sony press conference.

Defense:
Mr. Caffeine's enthusiasm was great; at least he didn't in a boring drawl like most of the speakers in the Sony press conference.

There is a middle ground you know; something between the Ben Stein like tedium of Sony and the coke fueled retardation that was Mr Caffeine.

For some reason that middle ground keeps popping in my head as the Crypt Keeper, and anyone who remembers the Wayne's World flashback meme, will remember him.

That was the kind of thing that makes me embarrassed to be a gamer. Like they're are people out there who think I will react positively to him. I was hoping to be held in higher regard.

GonzoGamer:

Defense:

There is a middle ground you know; something between the Ben Stein like tedium of Sony and the coke fueled retardation that was Mr Caffeine.

For some reason that middle ground keeps popping in my head as the Crypt Keeper, and anyone who remembers the Wayne's World flashback meme, will remember him.

That was the kind of thing that makes me embarrassed to be a gamer. Like they're are people out there who think I will react positively to him. I was hoping to be held in higher regard.

He's the lesser of the two evils though. At least he won't bore me to sleep.

Defense:

GonzoGamer:

Defense:

I agree with this! Yeah he was obnoxious and his jokes fell flat but at least he spoke well and kept things moving.

Irriduccibilli:
I dont see why people hated him so much, I thought he was a good speaker, he got in there and got the job done. I dont understand all the hate

Giant fucking douchebag. He said he wasn't afraid of dick jokes but he is clearly terrified of good ones. He seriously coloured my view of every product since it is clear that the devs/publishers think I'm so impaired I'll consider him "Hip" and "In my face" like young people expect their PR tools to be. Even if you can claim it's a knowing joke where they are satirising the PR tools that appear at these events it STILL looks like a giant fucking douchebag only it's one I'm told I should appreciate on an intellectual level because it's ironic and satirical.

Ubisoft is the only conference I didn't watch fully.

Half because of how terrible he was on stage, and half because of how terrible the 25 year old games jokes were.

All he needed was to ear sunglasses inside to be 100% douchebag.

Me and my friends had a steam chat group while watching E3...we all cringed everytime he came on stage and opened his mouth.

I found him very pretentious and condescending, the sheer amount of references to 'That all people that play videogames just want to be badasses' just irritated the shit out of me. I wasn't really bothered by the energy he was outputting, he was just a douche.

That said, he wasn't boring.

Defense:

GonzoGamer:

Defense:

I'll try to remember that next time I see him and am compelled to stuff his head in a toilet... And I wasn't even ever a bully. But now I think I understand them.
But I wouldn't be too sure about that archetype being the lesser of two evils. Remember the 80s? Remember how obnoxious things were when coke fueled yuppies like that ruled the earth? They were the idiots that started our economy on this collision course towards a medieval feudal system.
I'll take Sony's funeral over Ubi's American Psycho.

Nimcha:

Defense:

GonzoGamer:

I agree with this! Yeah he was obnoxious and his jokes fell flat but at least he spoke well and kept things moving.

If he kept things going so well, then how did the Ubi presser wind up going over and causing Sony's to start 20 minutes late as a result?

widowspeak:

Nimcha:

Defense:

If he kept things going so well, then how did the Ubi presser wind up going over and causing Sony's to start 20 minutes late as a result?

Maybe because Ubisoft decided to show more actual gameplay than the rest of the press conferences combined.

He kept saying Tom Calancy. Jeez, that guy is such a tool.

I thought he was hilarious. No idea what you guys are talking about :\

I'm glad someone was at least trying to be entertaining at E3. I always like Ubisoft better than the other events. I say good job Mr Caffeine.

Eh, I found him more watchable than last year's guy. He was also infinitely more entertaining than Jack Tretton and whoever Microsoft rolled out to present, even if it was in a laugh at way as opposed tyo laughing with him.

I can't say I'd be completely excited to see him return next year, but I wouldn't be completely offended either. Also, this.

Nimcha:

widowspeak:

Nimcha:

Maybe because Ubisoft decided to show more actual gameplay than the rest of the press conferences combined.

Then we would all have been better served if he'd shut his trap more often than not in between demos/trailers.

I wonder if the guy acted like that on purpose just so he could become internet-popular; he knew that he would come off sounded like a nutcase if he acted that way and he didn't honestly believe that people would laugh at his jokes or spastic movements. If he had acted like a normal human being, no one would remember him, but since he acted like a crackhead, everyone knows his name and there are tons of videos about him on YouTube now.

So I guess I'm the only one who felt like he was really time traveling?

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked