games with zero replay value

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

I'm replaying Fallout 3 for the first time in about a year I think, and because i haven't played it in so long I'm having a lot of fun with it.

I guess I was just wondering if there were any game you guys had played that you never wanted to/felt like ever playing again.

Even a year later.

Any Legend of Zelda, especially Twiight Princess. I just remember all the shit I have to do and go, "Well I'm not going through that again."

SimpleJack:
I'm replaying Fallout 3 for the first time in about a year I think, and because i haven't played it in so long I'm having a lot of fun with it.

I guess I was just wondering if there were any game you guys had played that you never wanted to/felt like ever playing again.

Even a year later.

Hmm... Eternal Sonata. Final Fantasy (I don't remember which one I have, it's one of the really early ones, so one or two?). All the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games. Pokemon games in general.

That's all I can think of, I've replayed most of my games at least once more over.

Edit: On the flipside, my most replayed game is Majora's Mask. I've played it through about nine or ten times since I got it (basically, once a year).

Basically any game that makes you deal with broing shit in order to follow the plot.

basically any linear single player shooter

Fable II, after that ended I was like "nope, goodbye and thanks for the crappy ending".

Shiny Koi:

SimpleJack:

Even a year later.

Hmm... Eternal Sonata. Final Fantasy (I don't remember which one I have, it's one of the really early ones, so one or two?). All the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games. Pokemon games in general.

That's all I can think of, I've replayed most of my games at least once more over.

Edit: On the flipside, my most replayed game is Majora's Mask. I've played it through about nine or ten times since I got it (basically, once a year).

Pokemon Emerald is my most replayed game.

I'd say... Make My Video or Passage.

No replay value award has to go to borederlands after the 2nd time around evverything seems so played out story wise and its so limmited on the starter area oh and any spiderman game(except flying around on webs thats always fun :P) OHHH and crackdown

Any professor layton game.

The main reason to stick with them to the end is to follow the plot and solve the puzzles.

On the second time through, you know the anwsers to all the puzzles, and don't really care about the story, seeing as how you've already sat through it.

LA Noire. The main story, not the dlc. Sure, I'll fire it back up for the dlc, but never again for the main story. Same goes to the Phoenix Wright games.

I don't think I'll replay L.A. Noire for a long time. I need to forget everything first.

Any game I hated.

I can find reasons to replay any game I enjoyed.

Any Final Fantasy game, especially ones that are real grindfests.. and most story heavy games that don't feature a choice and consequence system (although there are a few exceptions to this rule for me).

Nydestroyer:
No replay value award has to go to borederlands after the 2nd time around evverything seems so played out story wise and its so limmited on the starter area oh and any spiderman game(except flying around on webs thats always fun :P) OHHH and crackdown

Limited to the starter area? I don't seem to understand what you mean by that >_>

OT: It depends on what you're looking for in a game; Achievements for some games involve doing a replay. Nier for example, you have to beat the game 4 times (If done correctly, if not then like 7) to get all the story achievements.

Anyone remember the game The Bourne Conspiracy? It was a pretty good game, for a licensed title anyway. But there is absolutely no reason to play it more than once.

lotr rocks 0:
basically any linear single player shooter

Oy. Crysis. The first half was generally fun once you got past the questionable stealth and infinite enemies. The second half just dragged on and on, and in the end really turned me off to the game entirely.

Don't mind others so much. Unreal still holds personal tops for a masterful single-player campaign.

Portal. Don't get me wrong, it's an awesome game, but you've gotta forget how to solve the puzzles before it's fun to play again.

Surprised no one has said this game but

Heavy Rain. Seriously, once you beat it, or even see the ending, any reason to play the game disappears, you notice all the glaringly massive plot holes and issues in the game, and it just isn't worth it...

Eternal Sonata is second on my list. Why? Mandatory 2nd playthrough with a horribly done "music match" system required just so you can get a 321 point achievement... yes, 321 points... Pa-thet-ic.

Any fable game past the first game. They are so shallow that there isn't even much of a reason to play it the first time through anyways.

I mean as in sure you can drive around and run over things for a good while but if you go anywhere past a sertan point you die quickly (unless your on your second play through then its imposibly easy) sorry it was just a thought albe it stupid one XD iv just played the game so many times becasue i had no other game it just died quickly... XD

Portal sadly. The second game is only fun to go through again for the humor, not the gaemplay. If they used the moon gel more and had nonlinear level design based around the gel, it would be neat.

Honestly, and I know this sounds weird, but I think that if you 100% Super Mario Galaxy 2, there's absolutely no replay value whatsoever. I don't know about you, but after I beat "The Perfect Run", I have had absolutely no desire to ever touch that game again, no matter how fantastic it was. I feel that I'm completely done with the game since I've beaten the hardest thing it has to offer, and playing through the game a second time would just be completely redundant since I already proved I'm awesome enough to beat "The Perfect Run".

Oh, and pretty much any JRPG aside from the Mario ones. Games like "Trails in the Sky" that take like, 50 hours to beat probably aren't going to be on my list of things to replay in my spare time.

Portal, once you know the needed steps to beat a puzzle game there is no point in playing it again. Especially one so short. According to Steam, it took me 1 hour to beat the game.

I have to say Final Fantasy VIII. I have played that game through almost 3 times, and I wouldn't mind playing it again, if it weren't for the insane amounts of grinding for items like the Lionheart gunblade, and all the card playing and drawing of magic you have to do.

It was fine the first time I did it (although I didn't actually get the Lionheart my first time through), but every time I think about playing that game again, I think of those things, and can't bring myself to play it again.

cursedseishi:

Heavy Rain. Seriously, once you beat it, or even see the ending, any reason to play the game disappears, you notice all the glaringly massive plot holes and issues in the game, and it just isn't worth it...

Uh what?

You are aware that there are several different endings and differing ways to do several tasks?

The game even lets you skip over the boring beginning and get to the good stuff.

The last two major rockstar games before LA Noire for me (I haven't beat Noire yet but it will probably fit in this mold). I loved the endings to both Red Dead Redemption and GTA4 so much just for how much they affected me emotionally but to start those games again with knowing how the story ends . . . I just can't do it.

I suppose a lot of FPS linear FPS games have little to no replay value, but I have never wanted to play one again so I am not fully sure.

I'm gonna go with portal and portal 2.

The jokes and unexpected things don't work if you've seen them already, and neither do the puzzles or plot twists.

Maybe terraria, for me.

Umm... to anyone saying 'the Portal games,' I don't know about anyone else, but I replay them all the time for the humor and plot.

OT: probably Mirror's Edge or Assassin's Creed 1, I keep wanting to play those games again, but I get bored pretty early in.

Maxtro:

cursedseishi:

Uh what?

You are aware that there are several different endings and differing ways to do several tasks?

The game even lets you skip over the boring beginning and get to the good stuff.

Maxtro, I don't care if there is several endings, fact of the matter is that once you've beaten the game, there is nothing left to wonder about. Knowing who the Origami Killer is pretty much makes the whole game a boring tedium, and I know this from experience.
It could of even been remedied, by having a list of characters as "potentials" to turn out to be the killer, depending on what ending ark you are heading towards.
And like I said, the glaring plot holes that you notice ruin any sense of a playthrough because you realize just how flimsy the game really is at times.

To be honest, I enjoyed Indigo Prophecies more, and felt it had the most in terms of replayability, it was an interesting dynamic to play Cat and Mouse with yourself, balancing your characters state of minds even as they are pitted against each other. And there was always something more you could do in most cases that you might not notice, like swabbing up the blood in the beginning, or digging around the old house more thoroughly and efficiently.

FFXIII
So very, very much FFXIII.

Amnesia: The Dark Descent.

Don't get me wrong, it's a good game. Hell, a great game. But there's no reason to play it more than once. It relies heavily on you not knowing what's around the next corner and not being sure what is a threat and what isn't.

NeutralDrow:
Any game I hated.

I can find reasons to replay any game I enjoyed.

Agreed.

Though, I will admit, a game with next to no replay value isn't that great in my eyes.
Just those one time type games are boring. I like to get a bit more out of the money I spent on said game, but it takes a lot for me not to find any sort of enjoyment at all in a game and not want to replay it at least once.

Nautical Honors Society:
Fable II, after that ended I was like "nope, goodbye and thanks for the crappy ending".

This. I can replay most anything (as a matter of fact, I've replayed several of the games already listed on this thread), but Fable II just... doesn't do it for me. I attempted to do a second playthrough and promptly got bored before I was more than a couple hours in.

Cooking Mama. My mom wanted it, and since I didn't necessarily hear anything bad about it from what I remember, I tried it. Played 5 minutes, then put it down forever.

Terraria, its a blast till the end. then its just dull and pointless

mazzjammin22:
Any Legend of Zelda, especially Twiight Princess. I just remember all the shit I have to do and go, "Well I'm not going through that again."

this. Anything puzzle/exploration based has a good chance of less replay value because you already know the answers. That is unless you haven't played it for a long time and have forgotten everything which is why I'm enjoying A Link To The Past again.

Also linear shooters, especially Half-life.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here