Can't login to Steam?

I just tried to log into Steam and it won't let me. When I try to retrieve my account details via email and product keys it says that the "operation failed".

Can anybody help me with this? Is it running fine for other people? What should I do?

It's running prety fine for me and I know how nipticky can Steam be at times, so I may give you a tip or two.

Delete your BLOB file "ClientRegistry.blob", inside your Steam folder, it stores all your credentials to login into Steam, when you delete it, it will create a new one, but just to make sure, make a copy of it first, just in case.

It must be LulzSec hacking steeeeeeeeem!

Yes you likely need to clear creds and log in fresh (equivalent of clearing out cookies) Then you should be able to log in with little trouble.

Either that or it might be a little bit of server overload. I know earlier tonight I had a bit of trouble connecting for about 30 minutes. But im connected fine now.

viranimus:
It must be LulzSec hacking steeeeeeeeem!

DON'T EVEN JOKE ABOUT THAT!

But yeah, this is one of the more common Steam issues. Try waiting a bit before reconnecting, and if that doesn't work try the "ClientRegistry.blob" deletion trick .

This doesn't seem to be working for me :/

When I retrieve my account details etc. it tells me it has an error and my address doesn't exist, nor my steam name.

Anything else besides the blob thing that you guys recommend?

Trogdor1138:
This doesn't seem to be working for me :/

When I retrieve my account details etc. it tells me it has an error and my address doesn't exist, nor my steam name.

Anything else besides the blob thing that you guys recommend?

I quite don't understand what the problem is.

It's Steam not recognizing your name account and password?, maybe try emailing Valve for a bit of help.

It's Steam continuing to be naughty?, try reinstalling Steam, just move your "steamapps" folder somewhere else, uninstall Steam, install Steam again, wait for it until it fully updates and login into your account, close Steam and move back your steamapps folder where it belongs.

But seriously, if anything of this isn't of much help, try scouring through the Steam forums for a bit.

Hope this helps.

IT WORKS! YAAAAYYY!!

Thanks guys, I deleted the blop file. Then I used my girlfriends laptop to do my account retrieving and changing of details. Now it logs in fine like it did before. Thanks for the help, it's much appreciated.

*goes back to TF2*

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked