More Trouble for EvE Online: CCP Debt

An Accounts Document has cropped up showing that CCP is Currently Having a bit of financial woes.
Having several projects going on at once is starting to show its strain over at CCP, Even with a good profit rate coming of the back of Eve: Online trying to develop Both the new Console shooter Dust 514 and the World of Darkness MMO is putting them into a bit of Debt according to Public Accounts Document that was obtained earlier this morning.

Judging from their resent actions and discussions over MT, it's starting to make sense of allot of the CCP's decisions, But a feeling of Mistrust has been looming over many a players head over the said actions and many a commentator are asking why CCP wasn't more forward with this news.

Having said that parts of the community are grouping together to try and work out how this will effect EvE in the future and CCP as a whole, beginning discussions on attempting to bring an Player Investment group to help in CCP's financial troubles.

Will attempt to update if any new information crops up.

Updates:

Basically they only have $11.2M In the books and at the moment they have a loan worth $11.7M due on October 28th of this year.

CSM Member White Tree Calls for Player support over Current issues - http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1541454

Sources
Accounts Document - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2G7AMIAW
EvE Forum - http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1541173
FHC Investment - http://209.130.195.20/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2522&start=180

I don't care how much debt you're in, trying to charge $70 for a cosmetic item that NO OTHER PLAYER CAN EVEN SEE is so fucking retarded they deserve to go out of business altogether.

Danceofmasks:
I don't care how much debt you're in, trying to charge $70 for a cosmetic item that NO OTHER PLAYER CAN EVEN SEE is so fucking retarded they deserve to go out of business altogether.

Well thats isnt quite true, while i dont condone the prices as they where quite silly to begin with, the most expensive item accually was the most visible.

I mean its an eye peice, kinda hard to miss with the updating Avatar images.

Ruairi iliffe:

Danceofmasks:

Well thats isnt quite true, while i dont condone the prices as they where quite silly to begin with, the most expensive item accually was the most visible.

I mean its an eye peice, kinda hard to miss with the updating Avatar images.

Wait, it's actually visible now?

No, the company still deserves every single bit of ill will it gets.
Fuck 'em.

Danceofmasks:

No, the company still deserves every single bit of ill will it gets.
Fuck 'em.

Bit harsh but understandible they havnt made many friends of late with current events, but i dont think a whole company should be screwed on the misjudgment of a few(Bizdev esp.) With the Investment groups attempts and the meeting with the CSM, im still holding hope something can be done to keep EvE going. I mean these are the guys who ran an mmo from an attic and slept under workdesks to make an MMO lots of people enjoy for over 8 years.

Has to count for something.

Ruairi iliffe:

Has to count for something.

Yes, it counts for "they get a week to reverse their idiotic decision"

I don't understand what's gone on, it's not very clear.

Also, those accounts made no sense to me, then again I'm not good with money. I didn't see any minuses though, isn't that good?

Griffolion:

Also, those accounts made no sense to me, then again I'm not good with money. I didn't see any minuses though, isn't that good?

Basically they only have $11.2M In the books and at the moment they have a loan worth $11.7M due on October 28th of this year. So they need to make some money or take out a new loan, which means the bank will have them by the short and hairies.

Ruairi iliffe:

Griffolion:

Basically they only have $11.2M In the books and at the moment they have a loan worth $11.7M due on October 28th of this year. So they need to make some money or take out a new loan, which means the bank will have them by the short and hairies.

Oh right, is this why everyone is so mad then?

Danceofmasks:

Unless they force people to buy it, I don't see much of a problem :S

If I could get people to pay $70 for an invisible hat or something, I'd call it a pretty good deal!

Griffolion:

Ruairi iliffe:

Griffolion:

Oh right, is this why everyone is so mad then?

No, thats more to do with the monicalgate incident. Started with the Introduction of NeX, the new ingame MicroTransaction store with its stupidly overpriced items, such as the CyberMonicale that would cost 14000 AUR/1.6 Billion ISk ingame or $70 if you paid with real cash.

Und then It topped off with the Leaked Doc Detailing More MT that suggested adding in game boosts and items. Which to EvE players this is the biggest insult, as we where promised no MT for game changing items and it would Ruin the market that has been run by the players for over 8 years.

But you have to take both sides on this, the paper itself(called 'greed is good?') read more like a debate paper than a policy statment, as their were comments and details inclued saying that this most likely is a bad idea to start with.

I dont think we will hear the end of it for a while, and with the Meeting of the CSM with CCP in a few days to sort things out for once, we have to wait.

Anywho, thats the rough of it, but im derailing my thread as the other details have been talked to death already.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked