I just finished Assasins creed 2, do I need to get Brotherhood?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

so yeah....Aliens and global warming?....or somthing?

anyway I know revelations is coming out, but Im just wondering is it worth getting brotherhood? I dont know what the multiplayers is like (if its even still active) I mean I dont want to feel like Im missing out on somthing

Story wise, yes. Something pretty damn prolific for the series happens at the end. And it's a good game besides that anyhow.

For the story at the end, yes. The other story parts kinda suck actually, and the gameplay is the same as in AC2.

Did you enjoy AC2? If you did and want more like it then buy brotherhood. If you didn't and want something different then I'd say go and buy something else like bulletstorm.

If you plan to play the other AC games, then yes, get Brotherhood.

Vault101:

anyway I know revelations is coming out, but Im just wondering is it worth getting brotherhood? I dont know what the multiplayers is like (if its even still active) I mean I dont want to feel like Im missing out on somthing

Well, if you enjoyed AC2, ACB is just more of the same in just the one massive sandbox, just with a couple (of barely noticeable) changes to gameplay. Some of the side-quests are quite fun, though.

You'd have to get it more for the development of Desmond's character than anything else.

If you do get it: have fun with your crossbow, it'll be your best friend for 20hrs!

So from here, the general consensus seems to be: buy it if you want to see more of the story, which is good. Gameplay hasn't evolved much though.

i really enjoyed Brotherhood and the Multiplayer is really fun and intriguing

The vast majority of the game is faffing about. Don't get me wrong, Rome was good and I LOVED the game as a whole.......but most of the game was just faffing around.

The important story-bits are: First Sequence; First bit of second sequence (up until you meet up with Machiavelli); NONE of the middle sequences; Eighth Sequence; Ninth Sequence; Finale. The rest is literally, highly entertaining filler.

My advice would be to NOT buy it. Instead if you have a friend who bought and finished it: Get his copy AND save games, And then just re-play the memory sequences I mentioned (you can do that in Brotherhood btw). If you are forever alone, on the other hand: buy it and download some full complete savefiles. All of that's assuming that you WANT to skip the game and just see the story. Again, it is a great game.

I'm not absolutely sure if you can replay the finale or not (it occurs outside the Animus, see?). If you can't, then just watch a video of it in HD, preferably. It's nothing new, but it's central to the story.

If you liked screed2 then you should get it. Pretty much the same, but with some more entertaining side pieces (especially the Da Vinci quests!).

Plus the whole recruity assassiny bit can be a lot of fun. Hey target, hows it going? I'm just chilling on this bench see, totally not hunting you down yeah, ok he's moved on Fucking sick him minions!!!

Honestly, outside of the first AC game I think the others are brilliant. I'd get it man. In addition Brotherhood marked the first time ever I've been addicted to console multiplayer. Ubisoft has a little record going of very interesting and innovative multiplayer modes that generally aren't accepted by the populace at large because it requires a little thought.

I loved AC's multiplayer. It's amazing. Basically it's the watergun game called "Assassin", if you're familiar.

Sure, If you liked the second one, you will definitely like this one, as it's largely the same, but still a lot of fun.

Raikov:
For the story at the end, yes. The other story parts kinda suck actually, and the gameplay is the same as in AC2.

I agree that Ezio's story isn't particularly interesting, although the gameplay is hardly just the same as in AC2.

OT: Yes, get it.

Yes get it. The gameplay has changes that make it flow better, and it's still a lot of fun. The multiplayer isn't bad either. The story is also rather important.

Simple question: When you finished Assassin's Creed II, did you feel like playing it through a second time straight away?

If so, then yeah, Brotherhood is worth getting. It's basically AC2 again but with much less story. The only important events happen in the last twenty minutes or so.

If not, then I'd recommend you leave it for a while. Alternatively, you could watch the main story bits on Youtube (it would take about an hour) and you'd be all set for Revelations.

I'd definitely say it's worth playing. I thought the story was ineresting enough and it goes a long way to develop the present day assassins.

I would say yes, exploring Rome is amazing, and if you are getting Revelations you'll need to play Brotherhood. You could get it fairly cheap now anyway I would imagine.

Vault101:

More the original inhabitants/gods of the world and a solarflare that will turn the world to ash.

I would suggest getting Brotherhood since the plot does continue, with the search for the apple, Desmond's assassin training and Ezio's story.

It is likely that Revelations will continue this story and reference events, so if you want to get that get Brotherhood first. They might do a recap at the start like the previous games but it might not be in enough depth to help.

I found that Brotherhood was much better than Assassin's Creed 2. The gameplay seemed better and the location is beautiful. As for the story, I found it at the same caliber as AC2, but they both had things that they did better.

Also, if you're going to keep buying the AC games, then it's probably good to have it. You can probably get the game at a low cost, too.

Vault101:

You shouldn't even have played Assassin's Creed 2.
If... upgrading lots of stuff (gear, buildings, assassins), collecting mini-chests, and constantly doing useless and/or tedious missions that rarely involve being an assassin, and playing a stealth game series with each entry less focused on stealth and more focused on being a GTA wannabe than its predecessor, with a laughable plot even more stupidly put together than in LOST (that involves an the origin of human life, greek gods, the mayan apocalypse, the catholic church, aliens, modern day templars, mind-control relics, reincarnation, (and Leonardo Da Vinci xD) and an assassin sect that isn't meant to kill people) in which you get to play not one but two completely bland characters, in an alternate universe in which everybody did/does parkour and runs the same way... is your thing, sure pick it up.
If you're looking to play the game to just know the usual and absurd last-minute plot twist this series is known for, you could always check it out on youtube or read a wikia.

Yeah, it holds key plot points for the overarching story and it has some fairly awesome stuff in it. You might want it to find out what happens to Ezio after AC2, but that isn't really necessary, just cool.

Vault101:

If you liked AC 2, you will like Brotherhood, it is practically an expansion pack for AC 2. Everything that worked in AC2 is kept, plus some new mechanics, like the ability to have your own little assassin "army".

You could just replay AC2 and run SimCity and Football Manager 2011 on your PC at the same time. For full effect, play SimCity for 5 mins then dick about in FM 2011 to another 5 and then stab some folk for 15 minutes.

9Darksoul6:

You shouldn't even have played Assassin's Creed 2.
If... upgrading lots of stuff (gear, buildings, assassins), collecting mini-chests, and constantly doing useless and/or tedious missions that rarely involve being an assassin, and playing a stealth game series with each entry less focused on stealth and more focused on being a GTA wannabe than its predecessor, with a laughable plot even more stupidly put together than in LOST (that involves an the origin of human life, greek gods, the mayan apocalypse, the catholic church, aliens, modern day templars, mind-control relics, reincarnation, (and Leonardo Da Vinci xD) and an assassin sect that isn't meant to kill people) in which you get to play not one but two completely bland characters, in an alternate universe in which everybody did/does parkour and runs the same way... is your thing, sure pick it up.
If you're looking to play the game to just know the usual and absurd last-minute plot twist this series is known for, you could always check it out on youtube or read a wikia.

^What are you talking about? If anything, stealth improves and becomes more important each entry. Stealth in AC1 was clasping your hands together and walking frustratingly slow. As for the plot, AC is a world in which most/all conspiracies are true. It that's not your thing, than it's not your thing.

To OP: The only important parts of Brotherhood are the beginning, the end, and THE TRUTH of course. I found the story and characters disappointing for the most part. Ezio had become a mere puppet to the gameplay as no compelling developments of his character take place. Cesare, the true "star" of Brotherhood is mostly absent. He's never thoroughly explored and never does or says anything of interest until the end. When I infiltrate the Castel St. Angelo for the final time I thought, "Oh, hi Cesare, I forgot about you! I see you remember that you're in this game. Did you go on an extended leave after burning my Villa?" Compared to Rodrigo, who was clearly shown pulling the strings throughout AC2, Cesare is a small boy with a big mouth and a bigger head.

Brotherhood surprised me in not being quite so much of the same thing. It's got some nice additions and is probably the best AC game to date.

The only big reason I can think of not to really get it is because of the 100% Sych thing they added to almost EVERY mission, they can be downright torture (like a certain race that had me literally pulling out clumps of hair) and those can really bring the game down since you'll have to start some really long missions over multiple times.

Apart from that, the gameplay is improved again with things like "Kill-Streaks," better ranged weapons, more interesting side missions (especially ones that tie in the book Assassin's Creed: Renaissance), and those ever so helpful Assassin recruits.

GrizzlerBorno:
The vast majority of the game is faffing about. Don't get me wrong, Rome was good and I LOVED the game as a whole.......but most of the game was just faffing around.

The important story-bits are: First Sequence; First bit of second sequence (up until you meet up with Machiavelli); NONE of the middle sequences; Eighth Sequence; Ninth Sequence; Finale. The rest is literally, highly entertaining filler.

My advice would be to NOT buy it. Instead if you have a friend who bought and finished it: Get his copy AND save games, And then just re-play the memory sequences I mentioned (you can do that in Brotherhood btw). If you are forever alone, on the other hand: buy it and download some full complete savefiles. All of that's assuming that you WANT to skip the game and just see the story. Again, it is a great game.

I'm not absolutely sure if you can replay the finale or not (it occurs outside the Animus, see?). If you can't, then just watch a video of it in HD, preferably. It's nothing new, but it's central to the story.

Yeah you can't replay any of the Desmond parts which are the most important to the story and develop the present time characters.

OT: I would recommend it, while the story isn't very good it's required to play Revelations and the game is still a lot of fun with some improvements to the gameplay and new things to do.

yes!
(just look at avatar, what the hell else was I going to say!?!)

Grand_Arcana:

^What are you talking about? If anything, stealth improves and becomes more important each entry. Stealth in AC1 was clasping your hands together and walking frustratingly slow. As for the plot, AC is a world in which most/all conspiracies are true. It that's not your thing, than it's not your thing.

More stealth =/= less assassination missions. The nine assassination missions WERE the plot in AC1;. In AC2, which is waaaaay longer and bigger, you get like four or five. Also, there are no multiple paths to take in assassination missions, and no alternative escape routes, contrary to AC2.
More stealth =/= even more weapons than before; Ezio is a walking tank without the upgrades and all that silly shit. In AC1, unless you made a mistake, didn't need to use your sword; AC2 almost forces you.
More stealth =/= needing to bribe/kill someone or removing a poster where nobody can see it after being 'caught' doing something, but even if nobody actually saw you (complete mockery of what 'stealth' means).

*cough*
But stealth is just the tip of the iceberg.
Graphics are worse, the three main cities in AC2 are pratically the same three cities from AC1, level design is worse, controls are worse, the fighting mechanic (which were perfect in AC1) are worse, the agressive AI just stands there and doesn't attack... and don't get me started about immersion. AC1 was a paragon of immersion. The whole game was built taking that in consideration. With the synconization thing you could justify locked areas and those stupid heath-bar/health-regenaration mechanics we constantly see in videogames (you, in real life, know when you get hit by a sword in the face, you die). Even the high-concept plot was a way to justify the interface in the screen.
AC2 was built to just be GTA with a hooded dude who does parkour.
"What, Altair can't swim because he HAS A FUCKING METAL MECHANISM on his arm? Fuck you AC1, we're doing it anyway"; "you know what would be great? chests full of money just lying around everywhere"; "what if all italians were also parkoursists? that way we wouldn't need to explain how Ezio is already a fucking ninja by the age of 17".

*Ahem*

The praise this game got was direct result of the second most perverted use of mind-numbing marketing I've ever seen, the first one being Modern Warfare 2.

Its a solid game and the story is told well too, i suggest getting it =)

oh hell yeah ... dude GET brotherhood .. you won't regret it ... also it's pretty much the sequel storywise .. alot of people seem to think it isn't

9Darksoul6:

More stealth =/= less assassination missions. The nine assassination missions WERE the plot in AC1;. In AC2, which is waaaaay longer and bigger, you get like four or five. Also, there are no multiple paths to take in assassination missions, and no alternative escape routes, contrary to AC2.

Less assassinations you say? Uberto Alberti, Viere de'Pazzi, Francesco de'Pazzi, Jacapo de'Pazzi, Antonio Maffei, Stefano da Bagnone, Bernardo Baroncelli, Francesco Salviati. That's eight assassination targets, and I haven't even got to Venice. Instead of long monologues that occur in the same plain as Final Fantasy random encounters, each target leaves behind a letter that lends some insight into their character.

And there's more to AC2's plot than the Assassinations: The Codex tells us what had happened to Altair after the events of AC1, and explains how/why the Assassins had changed. The Truth, as the name suggests, is a series of puzzle sequences that explore the shadow war between Assassin, Templar, and those caught in the crossfire while effectively melding narration to gameplay with an ominous atmosphere to boot.

More stealth =/= even more weapons than before; Ezio is a walking tank without the upgrades and all that silly shit. In AC1, unless you made a mistake, didn't need to use your sword; AC2 almost forces you.

No it doesn't. You can go through the whole game using your fists and the Hidden Blade just fine. The only armor you're forced to buy is the leather greaves. You're also more than welcome not to upgrade your Villa.

More stealth =/= needing to bribe/kill someone or removing a poster where nobody can see it after being 'caught' doing something, but even if nobody actually saw you (complete mockery of what 'stealth' means).

Perhaps the first sensible thing you've said thus far.

*cough*
But stealth is just the tip of the iceberg.
Graphics are worse, the three main cities in AC2 are pratically the same three cities from AC1, level design is worse, controls are worse, the fighting mechanic (which were perfect in AC1) are worse, the agressive AI just stands there and doesn't attack... and don't get me started about immersion. AC1 was a paragon of immersion. The whole game was built taking that in consideration. With the synconization thing you could justify locked areas and those stupid heath-bar/health-regenaration mechanics we constantly see in videogames (you, in real life, know when you get hit by a sword in the face, you die). Even the high-concept plot was a way to justify the interface in the screen.
AC2 was built to just be GTA with a hooded dude who does parkour.
"What, Altair can't swim because he HAS A FUCKING METAL MECHANISM on his arm? Fuck you AC1, we're doing it anyway"; "you know what would be great? chests full of money just lying around everywhere"; "what if all italians were also parkoursists? that way we wouldn't need to explain how Ezio is already a fucking ninja by the age of 17".

*Ahem*

Are you striking your own writing because you know this is a nonsensical rant?

Graphics are the same, aesthetics are different (and better). The cites are completely different, other than they happen to also be cities (I miss the cutthroat Kingdom myself). Controls are the same, fighting is more "dynamic". The AI is stupid, I'll give you that. Immersion is subjective (I found them equal in this respect. WMG is that Altair never messed up, though the existance of medicine and armor suggest that Ezio isn't as good as Altair. Which makes sense because he wasn't trained as an Assassin since childhood). Never played GTA so I can't comment. A trained knight can swim and perform cartwheels in light armor, so long as the joints aren't encumbered; a metal bracer is not going to make you drown. The only parkourist are Theives, Guards, and other Assassins. Ezio can Freerun because Frederico taught him how to. Frederico was the only one formally trained as an Assassin; Giovanni intended for his younger children to lead "normal" lives.

The praise this game got was direct result of the second most perverted use of mind-numbing marketing I've ever seen, the first one being Modern Warfare 2.

Sure.

Grand_Arcana:

Altair can't swim because he has a metal mechanism on his arm

A trained knight can swim and perform cartwheels in light armor, so long as the joints aren't encumbered; a metal bracer is not going to make you drown.

I'm not going to keep pointlessly pointing out how bad it is, but here's a thought about the swimming thing:

rust
noun
1. Also called iron rust. the red or orange coating that forms on the surface of iron when exposed to air and moisture, consisting chiefly of ferric hydroxide and ferric oxide formed by oxidation.
2. any film or coating on metal caused by oxidation.
3. a stain resembling this coating.

More of an expansion pack then a true sequel, Its ACII with insta-kills, better combat, and a crossbow (a godly one at that) but I guess that balances out with online play. I bought it, and haven't regretted it.

if you like AC2 you should buy AC bro it will fill in a plot gap and is basically AC2 with bonus features and multiplayer

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked