3.7% (16)
3.7% (16)
I Care Not For This Topic
1.4% (6)
1.4% (6)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Is Steam Worth Getting?

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Now this may seem like a silly question to most of you but..... is Steam worth getting? the reason I ask is I do want to get Steam its just Steam is having none of it. I can't create a new account, I just end up going round in an endless loop of ''Failed To create Account'' messages and I cant find my old account for many many years ago

Is it worth going all this hassle for? or even has any one else had this type of issues with the uncooperative bugger?

The only issue I've ever had with steam is having to be online to long on to offline mode (you tell me how that works.) But aside from hat, I find steam highly useful.

I got it for team fortress 2. I'd continue to tell more about it but I need to go back to playing.
bye.

I answered yes.
But the real question should be: is it really worth it NOT to have a Steam account? No.

The deals alone are worth the frustrations that steam can cause (which is almost none)

I hardly ever use my pc as a gaming platform, so obviously steam's pretty irrelevent to my life. I can already almost promise you that an overwhelming majority of escapists will be voting yes on this poll though.

Too be honest I just want to play magicka and shoot at things on TF2 but sigh valve clearly hates me

Steam is superb for getting those games you wanted to check out, but not quite enough to want to dish out full price for. Also, saves a lot of space by not having to have CDs

Steam is superb for getting those games you wanted to check out, but not quite enough to want to dish out full price for. Also, saves a lot of space by not having to have CDs

I'd say it's worth getting if you want to be able to talk to other friends who have Steam and the sales there don't hurt.

I think it's definitely worth getting at the moment, as you've still got a chance at getting a free game during the Summer Sale.

You should get Steam then complete 3 very easy Camp Activities to earn 3 tickets with which you can redeem for Alien Breed 2: Assault.

You should create an account, then:

1. Create a wishlist of 10 games.
2. Download and play a free demo.
3. Download and watch a free trailer.

That will give you 3 tickets and 3 chances to win the top 10 games on your wishlist, all for free and very little effort.

The fact that alot of games require steam...yes...if you're a PC gamer..you need it

Yes, definitely. It's one of the main platforms for PC games, its actually the only way you'll be able to play a lot of them - not to mention the Steam sales.

p3t3r:

yes i am racist as shit

lol what?

Anyway, Alien Swarm and TF2 are two very good reasons to get Steam, and their seemingly continuous ridiculous sales support these reasons with persuasive arguments.

GiglameshSoulEater:
The only issue I've ever had with steam is having to be online to long on to offline mode (you tell me how that works.) But aside from hat, I find steam highly useful.

If you unplug your internet cable (or turn wi fi off, depending on what you use), then start Steam, you can start in offline mode.

Yeah I know it's stupid but it works

You shouldn't have to create a thread about this. Just get it!

MysticToast:

GiglameshSoulEater:

If you unplug your internet cable (or turn wi fi off, depending on what you use), then start Steam, you can start in offline mode.

Yeah I know it's stupid but it works

I'll try that next time then.

Danke.

Wicky_42:

p3t3r:
[quote="p3t3r" post="9.299563.11905880"]t

lol what?

Anyway, Alien Swarm and TF2 are two very good reasons to get Steam, and their seemingly continuous ridiculous sales support these reasons with persuasive arguments.

sorry that was my friend don't report please

If you have unlimited internet, then yes. However, if you have a cap, I would recommend just sticking to buying disks.

Yes! while you should never buy new games from steam, all the sales they have are so good.

And if you really need help ask someone else to create an account for you and then you can just change pw on that account(hell I'm bored if you really want it asap <.<).

I pretty much would argue that if you're a PC gamer, you should probably have Steam.

Jamash:
I think it's definitely worth getting at the moment, as you've still got a chance at getting a free game during the Summer Sale.

You should get Steam then complete 3 very easy Camp Activities to earn 3 tickets with which you can redeem for Alien Breed 2: Assault.

You should create an account, then:

1. Create a wishlist of 10 games.
2. Download and play a free demo.
3. Download and watch a free trailer.

That will give you 3 tickets and 3 chances to win the top 10 games on your wishlist, all for free and very little effort.

really that is awesome when do you find out if you have won??

Oh, I had the same problem when I tried to create an account. It happens because sometimes it says the user name isn't taken but it in fact is. I kept trying to create an account with this name (The Random One) and it said the name wasn't taken, but it kept giving me a failure. The one time it told me the name was taken out of the blue; I tried a different name and succeeded at creating an account.

It looks like it sometimes doesn't check properly with the login server, and then it fails to create an account because the name is already taken. Fortunately, I have a private nonsense name I use for those sitations, flaetsbnort. I recommend you do the same. If you do not have a nonsense name, I recommend snarfblat. It may already be taken, though.

As for whether it's worth or not... I hate it with a passion, but I'll say it's worth it. Just for TF2 if nothing else.

Got a few games for probably more than 75% off, ahhhh, that's a ten-four good buddy.

I miss the days when PC gaming was somewhat exclusive...

OP, have you tried using a different browser to make the account? That might do it.

On topic, I've got almost all of my games on Steam and I've never regretted it for a second. The deals are absolutely insane.

Hm? I'm too busy choosing what games to buy from the Summer Sale.

Stall:
I miss the days when PC gaming was somewhat exclusive...

Why? That just comes off as a terribly snobby thing to say.

There is no reason to not have steam. Hell, free Team Fortress 2 and Alien Swarm alone make it worth it, as do the awesome sales.

Hazz_11:
Now this may seem like a silly question to most of you but..... is Steam worth getting? the reason I ask is I do want to get Steam its just Steam is having none of it. I can't create a new account, I just end up going round in an endless loop of ''Failed To create Account'' messages and I cant find my old account for many many years ago

Is it worth going all this hassle for? or even has any one else had this type of issues with the uncooperative bugger?

.... Are you serious? Its worth it, especially for the constant deals on popular titles, along with easy to use interface.

Grey_Focks:
Why? That just comes off as a terribly snobby thing to say.

Because of threads like this. I suppose you are merely stating the obvious by saying that is snobby, and not trying to insult me.

OT: Honestly... if you have to question if a free, user-friendly, light DRM platform that has games you want to play is "worth it," then you probably need to find a new hobby. The only trouble I've ever had with Steam is them running out of CD keys on big sales, which is easily fixable by contacting the publisher directly or waiting a few days.

I've literally had steam maybe 2 weeks now at the most and I could already say it's definately worth getting.
Got it originally solely for TF2, I mean why not, its a great game and at the bargain price of free who can say no.

Ontop of that all the bargains and sales that steam constantly seem to have going on mean you can find games super cheap, another example being that i got audiosurf for just 89p the other day in the summer sale they've got going on

So in short yes go for it :D

Yes, it is, if you like the deals, and - usual - ease of use. Also, it does tend to crash...alot; which does get annoying every once and awhile but over all yah it is worth it.

There's no reason not to. As a previous poster pointed out, have someone else make an account for you. We've got good people here on the big E. Or contact Valve's support - they'll figure out what's wrong.

The sales are phenomenal. Just keep your username and passwords (I suggest timeframe-cycles of nonsense characters [like A345DFG858X] which you keep a physical list of in a lockbox or a safe; I know it sounds absolutely paranoid, but I take online security very seriously) and you'll never lose access to the games you buy.

If only you'd got it two weeks ago, the Steam Summer Sale is almost over (I bought soooo many games and only spent 20, including both Mass Effects)

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked