Best video game name?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Whats the best video game name you've come across while playing and from what game? Of course, names you choose yourself can't be said, theyre yours!
:)

Hmm thats a tough one, I'd have to go with Zelda from the Legend of Zelda. For years I thought that was the name of the main character and not the princess.

Easy...

Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal.

Are you asking for a name within a game, or the name of a game?

Either way, Elminster, because his name is awesome and he has cameo's in many games.

Name of game... Fthreear. Yeah.

Infinite Undiscovery, Divine Divinity, Magna Carta are all so bad they're awesome. Final Fantasy deserves a mention since each one has final in the title despite the nearly thirty years the series has been running.

Being more serious, I always thought Dues Ex sounded pretty cool. Dues Ex Machina and all.

Best Game Name: Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon

Best name in a game: The Re-Dead.

Wizardry VI: Bane of the Cosmic Forge

castlevaina games always have sweet names

Curse of Darkness

Lament of Innocence

Lords of Shadows

Harmony of Dissonance

Symphony of th Night

All of them sound awesome

King of the Sandbox:

Best name in a game: The Re-Dead.

Sir, the subject of the thread is "best video game name", not "what monster made you shit your pants and cry as a child".

OT: Kratos.

Saints Row: The Third, I dont know why but I love the name.

Cthulhu Saves the World.

Well, there's "I MAED A GAM3 W1TH Z0MB1ES!!!1". That's a fairly good one. There's also "AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!!" and "VVVVVV". They're also pretty damn good names for games.

Names for characters within games is somewhat harder. I think the only game that has character names vaguely similar to the above is MARDEK, with the Brothers Beardbert, as well as a couple named Husbert and Wifetta, oh, and there's Sidequest Priest, who is actually referred to as Sidequest Priest, because it really is his name.

Dinosaurs That Shoot Lasers When They ROAR!!!!!! is unequivocally the best game name ever.

Velvet Velour from vtmb. Alright, her real name is Susan, but still.

Does Captain Poncyhair VS Continental Europe count?

I think Klaymen from Neverhood is a pretty sweet name
also, for an actual game name, The Neverhood

Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando. Just from looking at the title, I bought the game and it was AWESOME.

The Lord of the Rings the Battle for Middle Earth two The Rise of the Witch King.

Fightgarr:
Dinosaurs That Shoot Lasers When They ROAR!!!!!! is unequivocally the best game name ever.

I can't even think of anything to top this. I've always been a fan of Red Dead Redemption, since it was vague and sort of badass, but the above wins.

Everyone here is wrong (though I might be too because I'm giving my answer from memory)

There is a game for the PSP called something along the lines of

What Did I do to Deserve This, My Lord...

wait for it...

What Did I do to Deserve This, My Lord 2.

Win

I think he is talking about names within games

Everin:
names you choose yourself can't be said, theyre yours!

hence this.

OT: I think some Orcs in Oblivion have really interesting names, in fact, most races in Oblivion have pretty good and unique names.

Of course "Bill" from Left 4 Dead is also a unique name choice.

If you are actually talking about actual game names, then this:

Ymbirtt:
"I MAED A GAM3 W1TH Z0MB1ES!!!1"

gets my vote.

Best name within a game, that's easy.

Several NPCs from the video game Legend of Mana believe that your name is "Chumpy"

I found that so awesome that now I just name my character Chumpy anyways.

EDIT: This was my 500th post -throws confetti-

Tube Slider

Ezio Auditore De Firenze.
Can you say "Mouthful"?

Fightgarr:

Idk, robot unicorn attack is pretty up there.

Best name of character in game?
I'd have to say the owner of the first nightclub in vampire the masquerade: bloodlines

SPOILER(ISH)!!!

The sisters Jeanette and Therese. Together, their name's are boring. But once they become the same person and work together, their name becomes Tourette, which is awesomely fitting for a nutcase.

killing floor just reeks of testosterone meantime is rather cool because how mysterious it sounds though it was cancelled so i don't think it counts

NHL 11. It's game 12 in the series, but it sounds like it's game 11. Oooooooooooo...

teh_Canape:
I think Klaymen from Neverhood is a pretty sweet name
also, for an actual game name, The Neverhood

I find it a bit sad that it took me over 12 years before I found and reconnected with the game of my childhood. Ah, the music, the scenary, the humour, the crabmonster...

OT: I bet we're all a bit biased in our choices so I'll go with Fallout and Deus Ex. They bring back so much joyfull moments and the names just rolls on your tongue.

However a bit generic, I have always found Dawn of War sound way to epic and badass for its own good. Daaaaaaawn of Waaaaaooorr!

Consolation prize to I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream.

left 4 dead is a cool name (left 4 dead 2 isn't however).

erm, ive always like shadow of the colossus, an awesome game too... but i think sin and punishment beats it.

Dudebro My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time

Motherfucking Chu Chu Rocket!

Seriously, the title was the most amazing thing about it.

No game name will ever top Wargasm.

Game was shit but the name rules.

Psychonauts.

Though, you know what would be an even better title?

Psychonauts 2.

Jet Set Radio Future. It just sounds like a wonderfully bizarre mash-up of lesser games.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked