My problem with Sonic isn't that he mated with a human-girl...

Pages 1 2 NEXT

My problems are the following:

1. Sonic already had a girlfriend, one the same species as him, in the form of Amy Rose! To see Sonic commit adultery makes him look just as much evil as Eggman, and in certain ways even more so. I mean, for the self-proclaimed, stereotypical "princess-savior," he sure as hell is pretty evil for cheating on Amy Rose for a human-girl, no matter how much that piece of shit portrays him as "heroic" and "kind-hearted."

2. None of that awful game is about Sonic at all, but rather about Princess Elise and her insecurities relating to her past. When I read the game-script, I had to wonder what purpose Sonic himself had in that miserable mess's story. All he makes in this game is a cameo, and nothing else. So why have him in that game at all, or have his name as the title of the game?

Seriously, Elise is like Chris Thorndyke from Sonic X. Both are humans who take up too much of the spotlight meant for Sonic himself. Both have a romantic relationship with the very hero Amy Rose is supposed to date! And both resemble the following two characters:

And just so you know, I don't have to post pictures of Chris Thorndyke and Princess Elise, respectively, as (a) these two images just disgust me (they're that bad, BTW), and (b) it's literally what each of those two look like! Just imagine Sora much smaller and in different clothes, and a much older Kairi wearing a white gown and a flower on the right side of her hair, and you'll see what I mean.

Just as Sonic X should've been honestly retitled as "Chris Thorndyke X," Sonic '06 also should've been honestly retitled as "Super Princess Elise," because that's what it is: The hapless misadventures of some generic princess with the generic "mysterious past," with Sonic just making a minor cameo with no storyline significance.

3. While this isn't related to Sonic's romantic relationship with a human-girl, I just want to say, why is Eggman so boring, bland, and lifeless in that horrible mess of a game? While it was bad enough that they dumped his original, cartoony character-design for one that's more "realistic," it's even worse that they'd follow the Star Wars prequel-style of characterization by making him both boring and not Eggman at all. All that, plus what's the purpose of making Eggman that wooden and lathargic, when way too much of Sonic '06 is too Dreamcast era and doesn't push any of the PS3 or Xbox 360's technology to their limits at all?

4. Why have eight more playable characters when, much like Sonic himself, the game isn't about any of them either? Again, it's about Princess Elise and her past. So why have Mr. Fan-Service himself, Shadow the Hedgehog, as well as "nuh karuktir!" Silver the Hedgehog, and the rest of the awful Sonic gang playable?

If there's anything at least three of the four questions suggest, it's that it's the cash-in everyone keeps saying it is. But to me, it's more than that: It's bait-and-switch, promising Sonic and his trademark speed, only to instead deliver a half-assed narrative of a princess struggling with her dark and mysterious past, while Sonic is just there for the sake of it. Granted, I like the idea of a Sonic game telling the same storyline through different characters' perspectives. It's just that to see Sega half-ass it too many times just sickens me to no end.

EternalNothingness:

1. Sonic already had a girlfriend, one the same species as him, in the form of Amy Rose!

Yeah,that's why he's always running away from her is because he wuvs her. -_-

On-Topic: Sonic '06 was a horrible mistake,I'm sure everyone (including Sega) are aware of this,there is no reason to mention it again except for comparason to older,better Sonic games.
I just hate how it seems as nobody tested the damn thing,it's got so many problems.

Alphakirby:

EternalNothingness:

1. Sonic already had a girlfriend, one the same species as him, in the form of Amy Rose!

On-Topic: Sonic '06 was a horrible mistake,I'm sure everyone (including Sega) are aware of this,there is no reason to mention it again except for comparason to older,better Sonic games.
I just hate how it seems as nobody tested the damn thing,it's got so many problems.

I also believe that there's a connection between the constant delays of the games we want to play, particularly Final Fantasy XIII, Type-0, Versus XIII, and Kingdom Hearts 3, and how untested and unpolished Sonic '06 was. That connection probably describes how so many game-developers looked at Sonic '06, and decided to take forever to polish their games in order to avoid the same mistakes as Sega when they made that broken pigsty.

Also, again I have to wonder: If Sonic '06 is so terrible, why did Nintendo have to add Sonic in Super Smash Bros. Brawl? That's like adding the gratuitous glut of awful Sonic rip-offs from the 90s, like Aero the Acrobat, Bubsy the Bobcat, and Gex the Gecko, into Super Smash Bros. Brawl, even though they're failed attempts at copying off Sonic. In fact, it's more like adding Drake of the 99 Dragons into Brawl, even though he's much worse!

I actually thought Amy Rose was a bit of a nutter and Sonic didn't like her that way but she couldn't take the hint?

that's the impression I got.

Wait. Sonic has a girlfriend?

Wait, wait. Sonic has a human mistress?

Wait, wait, wait. Someone cares about Sonic?

xXxJessicaxXx:
I actually thought Amy Rose was a bit of a nutter and Sonic didn't like her that way but she couldn't take the hint?

that's the impression I got.

I'm pretty sure that is the general idea. Plus, if I remember correctly, Amy is actually a kid. She's more akin to a child who's obsessed with her favortie super-hero then an actual love interest.

Also, points 2 and 4 seem to be pretty much the same, that it's silly to have a playable character that isn't part of the story. Though I will argue that other games have done this with the bonus characters taking over for the main character, though not being in the story. I can't think of any examples right off the bat as it's been a long time since those games though.

Anyways, I'd say that most of the recent sonic games could just go right into the trash. The last one I played that I enjoyed was Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, and that was years ago now.

I thought Sonic only kissed the girl not have sex with her???
Its just that the gameplay and controls for the new sonic games have been very poor and it seems like no one at Sonic Team played test the game before release.

(edit what is up with the random picture of Sora and Kiri from the Kingdom Hearts game)

It was one game, and why do you care. And on that like everyone else said Sonic doesn't date amy.

Amy is 12, sonic is 16 (according to Sonic Heroes at least) and point no 1 is massive news to me, I mean, it's adultery to to some groovy business with someone who isn't basically a 12-y-o fan girl whom sonic hasn't ever shown romantic interests in? Sonic must have changed by a lot since Shadow the Hedgehog for me to miss all this.

''She is a pink, female, anthropomorphic hedgehog who is obsessed with series eponym and protagonist Sonic, even going so far as to declare herself his girlfriend. She has chased Sonic since her debut in 1993, and has been trying to win his heart in everything from the series' games to animated TV shows and comics''

Taken from the wiki.

She is just an enamoured fangirl not Sonic's love interest.

Also you really shouldn't feel bad for having your own opinion nobody here is secretly judging you for hating Sonics bad games.

As for the Smash Brothers Brawl they obviously did it purely for nostalgia, people still love Sonic 1 to 3. Most of those old platformers are in fact inspired by Mario, like Sonic. Sonic belongs to Nintendo now, some of those other mascots probably don't. I know Toejam and Earl belong to thier creator Greg Johnson and not Sega for example

ForgottenPr0digy:
Its just that the gameplay and controls for the new sonic games have been very poor and it seems like no one at Sonic Team played test the game before release.

That's because no one new the meaning of the term "play-test," or knew that it existed. They're that amateurish!

EternalNothingness:

Alphakirby:

EternalNothingness:

I also believe that there's a connection between the constant delays of the games we want to play, particularly Final Fantasy XIII, Type-0, Versus XIII, and Kingdom Hearts 3, and how untested and unpolished Sonic '06 was. That connection probably describes how so many game-developers looked at Sonic '06, and decided to take forever to polish their games in order to avoid the same mistakes as Sega when they made that broken pigsty.

Also, again I have to wonder: If Sonic '06 is so terrible, why did Nintendo have to add Sonic in Super Smash Bros. Brawl? That's like adding the gratuitous glut of awful Sonic rip-offs from the 90s, like Aero the Acrobat, Bubsy the Bobcat, and Gex the Gecko, into Super Smash Bros. Brawl, even though they're failed attempts at copying off Sonic. In fact, it's more like adding Drake of the 99 Dragons into Brawl, even though he's much worse!

That was mostly because of the EGM April fools thing they pulled, and Nintendo ran a poll and Sonic was the most voted for person people wanted to play. And before you ask about Snake (Preemptive Strike), Kojima asked them to add Snake in Melee but that game was too far along to add him, so they put him in brawl.

Amy is NOT Sonic's girlfriend. She's a batshit crazy stalker that Sonic chooses to save in Sonic CD because he's just a good guy.

Honestly though, Sonic '06 wasn't an all together bad game. It was seriously contrived and ill designed in several areas of the game. Especially when it came to that damn city and the sidequests. Those were seriously awful. But when the game gets good, it can get REALLY good.

Silver's levels in particular were really underrated. His voice actor can get really grating at times but over all, I found him to be a fun character to play.

Problem #1. Amy Rose was NOT Sonic's girlfriend. Sally Acorn was.
THAT'S the problem with Sonic. Too many new characters, complete disregard for the old classics.

Arehexes:

EternalNothingness:

Alphakirby:

That was mostly because of the EGM April fools thing they pulled, and Nintendo ran a poll and Sonic was the most voted for person people wanted to play. And before you ask about Snake (Preemptive Strike), Kojima asked them to add Snake in Melee but that game was too far along to add him, so they put him in brawl.

And, I feel that the poll, and the people who voted on said poll, are wrong and stupid. Sonic didn't deserve to be in Brawl, because of Sonic '06 and other broken, unplayable messes like it. Another reason is because of his villainous deed of adultery, cheating on Amy Rose for a human girl, which makes Eggman's crimes of stealing Chaos Emeralds look like nothing!

CoziestPigeon:
THAT'S the problem with Sonic. Too many new characters, complete disregard for the old classics.

When I wrote a thread on why everyone hates Sonic's friends, you guys said that having too many new characters wasn't the problem, it's having awful characters that's the problem. So why say what I bolded in the quote?

varulfic:
Wait. Sonic has a girlfriend?

Wait, wait. Sonic has human mistress?

Wait, wait, wait. Someone cares about Sonic?

I know, I'm surprised too!

Beyond Sega remaking older titles or going back to how things were for Sonic on the Genesis or Sonic CD Sonic should be dead by now. And when they made him interact with humans OUTSIDE of beating Robotnik's fat ass in some awkward RPG-like style (Sonic Adventure and almost everything after.) I think that's when Sega along with Sonic the Hedgehog "jumped the shark".

Just wish Sega saw it too...

EternalNothingness:
Sonic already had a girlfriend, one the same species as him, in the form of Amy Rose!

Not sure if serious...

In case you were, Amy Rose is more of a stalker. Certainly not a girlfriend. Sonic's always trying to run away from her and her advances.

Also pretty much everyone can agree that Sonic 06 was the most awful of the awful. It's one of those games like the CD-i Zeldas or Fallout Brotherhood of Steel that people insist never happened.

EternalNothingness:
When I wrote a thread on why everyone hates Sonic's friends, you guys said that having too many new characters wasn't the problem, it's having awful characters that's the problem. So why say what I bolded in the quote?

Because your thread is not the end all be all of what's wrong with Sonic friends and people are allowed to have different opinions on the matter.

EternalNothingness:

Arehexes:

EternalNothingness:

And, I feel that the poll, and the people who voted on said poll, are wrong and stupid. Sonic didn't deserve to be in Brawl, because of Sonic '06 and other broken, unplayable messes like it. Another reason is because of his villainous deed of adultery, cheating on Amy Rose for a human girl, which makes Eggman's crimes of stealing Chaos Emeralds look like nothing!

Sonic and Amy do not date period, for someone who plays sonic you should already know that. Also Sonic games had no effect on Sonic in brawl because Nintendo/Hal Labs made it not Sega. I'm just going to chalk this up to a troll thread now because multiple people have said sonic and amy don't date, and you don't listen.

EternalNothingness:
cheating on Amy Rose for a human girl, which makes Eggman's crimes of stealing Chaos Emeralds look like nothing!

Erm,what?
Amy isn't Sonic's girlfriend,she's a stalker fangirl.
And here I was thinking stuff like that was bread and butter knowledge when it comes to Sonic,but not even points anchored into the ground can seem to stay in this day and age.

EternalNothingness:

Amy Rose isn't Sonics girlfriend though, so he didn't do anything wrong.

EternalNothingness:

CoziestPigeon:

He might have not been in that thread. We aren't a hive mind.

Also Sonic 06 was a long time ago and a terrible game, getting so het up about it now just seems like a waste of energy.

I do believe theft is more "wrong" than cheating on your boyfriend/girlfriend.

Micalas:

Sadly that's not even the problem, cause Sonic and Amy never dated -_-

Arehexes:

Micalas:

Yeah, I know that. I didn't touch on that because everyone else did. I was just saying that cheating on your boyfriend/girlfriend < theft

With all these responses, I'm starting to get this weird feeling that Amy WASNT Sonics girlfriend :O

Micalas:

Arehexes:

Micalas:

Yeah, I know that. I didn't touch on that because everyone else did. I was just saying that cheating on your boyfriend/girlfriend < theft

I know it's just TC hurt my brain so badly.

1. saying that Amy is in anyway his GF worries me for two reasons. A) i don't think you know what a real relationship is if thats considered being someone's Girlfriend, and B) thats putting you dangerously close to shipper territory, so watch out.

2. It's not that the game wasn't about sonic, it really wasn't about ANYONE in the sonic universe. By the time that we started caring about anyone through gameplay and story (very little, but still there) the story arc ends and we are left with just a montage of the same shit we did less than three hours ago. Yes, it centered around Elise, but she barely showed up in Silver and Shadow's arcs due to the fact that she was too young (not to mention unconscious). and once again, making the whole kingdom hearts/Chris argument is definite shipper territory.

3. No one gives a damn about eggman. He's a generic evil villain with generic evil plans while speaking in generic evil dialog. Hell, he's always been this way. He's the same character in every game other than those stupid "Mario and Sonic go to the Olympic games".

4. Sonic team has always had a hard on for multiple characters. what do you think Sonic Heroes was? Pretty much the same thing, just instead of Silver it was Espio. yes Sonic '06 had a story that was hard to follow and made almost no sense, but i like to think that all sonic games have kind of suffered from this.

5. Killing Sonic off at the end of the game is a Publicity stunt in the same sense that Jersey Shore is quality television. I.E. It's not. And i can't even give you credit for comparing it to DC/Marvel superheros, cause at least when they die, they are dead for at least 6 months. This is something we KNEW was going to get resolved at the end of the game, so it was in no way surprising.

NOTE: I'm adding two of my own points independent of your own now, just a heads up

6. We do realize this isn't even canon, right? SPOILER: HISTORY RE-WRITES ITSELF! (I'm not putting it in normal spoiler text cause im sure 99% percent of people who are reading this have already played the game and the other 1% don't care). At the end of the game, Sonic and Elise both know that if they destroy Iblis, they will make it so none of what just happened, happen. And once said action is done, we are treated to pretty much nothing more than an altered beginning cutscese. you're arguing that the relationship is pointless when the bigger argument is that the entire GAME is pointless.

7. Why the hell are we still arguing over how bad this game is? Fans like me have been trying for YEARS to forget this awful piece of Chao s***, yet it keeps coming up. This entire game was horrid. The game REEKS of in-completion, and Sega even admitted that it was unfinished. they were just trying to push it out the door for the 15th anniversary of sonic as a franchise. That's why certain parts of the game are really well done and others are just awful. The graphics were, and to a certain degree, still are amazing, even in comparison to current games being released. The music is really good. Like "oh my god" level of good. i have the soundtrack on my MP3 player and i listen to it quite a bit, even 5 years after the game came out. But the hub world, fetch quests, level design, and everything else is just awful.

I'm sorry if this was a bit long, but this is that one game that gets me so angry whenever i hear anything about it. it was the first game i ever got for my 360 and i regretted it every day until i picked up Oblivion.

EternalNothingness:

ForgottenPr0digy:

That's because no one new the meaning of the term "play-test," or knew that it existed. They're that amateurish!

It was play tested, they were just forced to release it earlier then they wanted. Also Sonic and Amy were never an item and he never got it on with Elise. Where the hell are you getting these ideas?

Wait, someone cares about sonic's story?

Sorry, but the storyline for sonic 06 (the kiss you are talking about mainly I guess), is so tiny a problem compared to the rest of the game's faults.

My problem with Sonic isn't that he mated with a human-girl...

then what is? Amy has never been Sonic's girlfriend. You have been reading too many sonic fan-fics.

Also, in regards of the game focusing too much on elise, well, ok yeah you're right it sucks, but not exactly related that much to the scene you're referring to.

Sonic 06 is the "mentally retarded cousin who eats his own shit" of the Sonic series...
Better off killed

The Sonic/Elise thing was probably to appease the diseased furry menace fangirls/boys who want to fuck Sonic

I'm a big Sonic fan, dont get me wrong, but if I was emo then Sonic 06 would make me cut my hands off rather than cutting

Even if Sonic was "cheating" on Amy (which he isn't, because he is NOT interested in her), I fail to see how it's just as bad as an evil scientist stealing Chaos Emeralds in order to (you guessed it), take over the world.

I haven't played Sonic '06 (nor do I have any intention to do so), so I can't really address your issues with the game. However, I do share your disappointment with the direction they've taken with Dr. Robotnik (I refuse to call him Eggman). I prefer him when he's genuinely menacing rather than a bore.

I've never been that interested in the Sonic series, but I can certainly understand the frustration many longtime followers have with the direction the franchise has gone (I'm an old-school Star Wars fan, after all).

EternalNothingness:

Arehexes:

EternalNothingness:

...Cheating on your girlfriend/boyfriend is worse than trying to take over the world?

Seriously?

And yes, I'm aware that Amy isn't Sonic's girlfriend.

Sonic with a human girl? Really, I would have never guessed...

The resident Sonic fanatic is analising something that was never meant to read too deeply into.

Dude, it's Sonic. It ain't the pinnacle of storytelling.

I just choose to believe that there is no sex in Sonic the Hedgehog, interspecies or otherwise.
Most people would be better of if they did the same.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked