Notch reveals new mob for Minecraft 1.8

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Regenerating piston wall anyone? I'll sure as hell make one.

Captcha: Know Your Rights - Damn right, none of those fuckers are getting on my lawn.

I hope that they won't find their way up in to Bill Withers' Floating Castle in the Sky. The Withers would not be pleased! :D

edit: Captcha - Wide Berth.
- The Escapist called me FAT!

I think it would be cool if these (1) were hostile, (2) are able to remove blocks to make a passage, (3) moved at half Steve speed but were ungodly tough (strength and toughness), and (4) werent deterred by you being inside as is the case with the other mobs and (5) lost interest once you got far enough away (but had a cool down once you were out of sight). With all that, and the screenshot, they would be exactly how I imagined the Dark Ones in Metro 2033...Imagine having to run around for the majority of the night, trying to lose them, rather than risk leading them back home and having them tear it down piece by piece, coming for you...more creepy than creepers.

Dr_Horrible:
... and it's the Slender Man

.....Oh gosh...I'm gonna have nightma-

Apollo45:
He walked through his nice, cobblestone house, storing his mining gear and most recent stash of diamonds, when Steve caught something out of the corner of his eye. Expecting a spider to have fallen off the unlit roof of his house, he turned towards the large glass window that looked out over the cliff. Standing there on the single block ledge, looking back, was this long limbed, unnaturally skinny, black /thing/. He jumped two blocks in to the air, barely keeping a yelp of fear from spilling out of his mouth. For a moment, he stared at it, and it stared right back, as if it were sizing him up.

Then it started taking down the window.

*dives under his covers and curls up into a trembling ball of terrified gamer with a loud "EEEEEEEEEE!!!!"*

....What? WHAT?! This is the kind of thing that hunts me in my nightmares and fills me with dread! Don't judge meeee! ;_;

Serious mode: Oh I hope they don't take apart our stuff...I'm fine with them breaking sand and dirt and glass, and being able to open doors and stuff...but I like my wood house. I don't want to have to fix it up every night. Please don't let them break wood....Or at least make them have an aversion to torchlight....>_<

Really, if they can only take away sand and glass and dirt, then I will happily deal with them occasionally opening my front door and waking me up in the middle of...the...night..........*DIVES BACK UNDER COVERS!!!!! ;o; *

When I read the title I thought: "What's worse than Creepers?"
then I saw it and went.
"O_O I'm never playing the game at midnight and I'm going to build a bed"

Raddra:

However if it builds things to get over your walls etc? that would be awesome.

That would be good too...maybe not only get themselves over the wall, but actively try to make a climb-able wall to let spiders in. Mobs with teamwork :D

So THIS is the Herobrine-like mob he hinted at. It's hard to see, creepy, and can build/deconstruct things. I'm happy with this.

Genixma:
When I read the title I thought: "What's worse than Creepers?"
then I saw it and went.
"O_O I'm never playing the game at midnight and I'm going to build a bed"

[wakes up with a black shape standing over the bed with a diamond pick]

I'm hoping that they can break dirt and sand, and then, if one of them finds a chest or a tool on the ground, they could pick it up and use that. So if you leave a pick lying around, they'll be able to use that.

This brings up awesome concepts in my mind.

Dr_Horrible:
Unfortunately, no word on hostility or any real info. He only posted the picture on his google+ with the words "The new mob I've been working on is a bit creepy..."

Captcha: how quaint
I suppose that captcha has made its feelings on this known.

INGLIP HAS SPOKEN. Slenderman mobs are quaint! Fear them not!

I think I'd probably have a heart attack if I saw these things just calmly and systematically removing pieces of my base, especially if they then just turn and stare at me, not even attacking, just staring into my soul... oh God I don't want to think about it.

Well this settles it then. Peaceful from now on!! Also if Notch makes it so that they only move when your not looking at them I may just smash all Minecraft capable devices in my house, shits gunna be scary :(

Know what this reminds me of? Rama, Definitely reminds me of the Biots in the Rama books... Just cleaning up as they go the force you sometimes see but just seems to disappear and do things while your not paying attention. Hopefully they'll be as passive as a Biot but you never know.

I never was a fan of mobs that could, essentially, grief your structures.

I do hope that there is an option to disable them..

These don't look too sca- why are my intestines over there now?

Before you freak out too much, think about being able to employ these things as workers, perhaps giving them blueprints and then they execute them. They might even talk. Oh yes, now that will be part of your nightmares too! Muahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Notch has forsaken the Twitter-ers, he hasn't released that image on twitter D':

Anyway, they look intimidating. I really hope they're not hostile...

I am so glad I have aready developed the habit of building free floating structures as my fortress so unless those buggers can climb ladders they wont beable to touch my shit
MAHAHAHA!!

(my fortess is a series of glass/sandstone only acessable by a singel sandstone piller)

Great, as soon as I start to get used to playing on easy, this happens. Well, back to peaceful for me I guess.

Edit: Turns out the mob is called "Enderman". It is pretty obvious that Notch is referencing Slenderman.

If they are passive: Strange little critters that build random stuff
If they are hostile: Evil demon-beasts that tear down your walls and let the Creepers in

Either way, awesome addition.

Nikolai Smirnov:

Edit: Turns out the mob is called "Enderman". It is pretty obvious that Notch is referencing Slenderman.

Actually,I think that's just what the wiki calls it.Notch hasn't released the name yet.
Either way,I don't really see myself freaking out over these.They aren't really that scary.

That's kind of creepy. I can someine playing late at night a spotting one in the distance. Oh the freak outs this will cause!!!

Well, I guess i'm never playing Minecraft again.

hostile or passive, i dont care, im still going to kill it wit fire

Creepers are now less creepy :(
BUT! The game will now scare the shit outa me again when I go leave for a few hours , come back and see these bastards built a HUGE creeper face in front of my house

My guess is that he will break a block and carry it around...
Each Ender will only carry one block and when you kill him (if you have the stones for it) he drops it...

Also, will probably be limited to Blocks easily broken by hand... like sand, grass, gravel and to some degree wood.

[Edit]

Forgot to mention I nearly shat myself when I saw slendy...
XD

As steve was running to his home on a rainy night, skeletons shootin at him.(why did he make that wrong turn?) Racing inside his home he slames the door behind him, with a zombie nailed to his door. Then looking though the eye hole he sees ninjas. Jumping out of the trees with inhuman grace, they land and start to break open his house. As he loads his last arrow steve thinks to himself, 'why did i have to laugh at that unemployed ninja for hire?'

Not sure if anyone have posted this yet but I turned up the contrast a bit so you can easier see image

Enderman[1]:Supposedly a passive mob that won't attack you and canīt die. When you look at it, it will just stop what itīs doing and look back at you, otherwise it will dig and move around blocks(T1 blocks).

[1] None of following information is confirmed

It looks like the type of mob which wouldn't attack me directly, but wait until I though I was safe in my house then remove some parts of the walls to allow other mobs to get in... *shivers*... Even if it isn't hostile it's going to creep me the fuck out, excellent work :)

congrats Notch you have just made minecraft terrifying for me :P
I would freak out before exploring giant underground caverns but now.... I'm going to have 6 lava moats around a fortress made of obsidian QQ and I will never leave it.

and that's if the enderman is passive....

Awesome, will be good to come accross another monster (Especially after playing terraria)

from notch's twitter-
Post 1) The Endermen are peaceful. If you look straight at them, they freeze and look at you. When you look away again, they run fast. And teleport.
Post 2) They run TOWARDS you, not away. So if you happen to look at one, do not look away
Post 3) (they stop being peaceful if you look straight at them)

Oh god, it's even creepier than i thought

Actually, it's pretty much this. Don't turn your back.

Badassassin:
from notch's twitter-
Post 1) The Endermen are peaceful. If you look straight at them, they freeze and look at you. When you look away again, they run fast. And teleport.
Post 2) They run TOWARDS you, not away. So if you happen to look at one, do not look away

Don't blink. Don't even blink. Blink and you're dead. They are fast, faster than you could believe, don't turn your back, don't look away, and don't blink.

Badassassin:
from notch's twitter-

Yeah, I saw this.

Essentially, they're the Weeping Angels from Doctor Who.

Or this. The very first SCP.

http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-173

Enjoy reading this and imagining this ingame.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked