Katherine
55.5% (66)
55.5% (66)
....What?
17.6% (21)
17.6% (21)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Catherine or Katherine?

Since the release date was yesterday, I thought I'd make this thread.

So which of the two love interests in the game do you like more?

Catherine or Katherine?

I personally like Katherine better. She seems more down to Earth.

What about you, fellow Escapists?

I purchased this game, but it had the misfortune of being released the same day as the new Dresden Files book, so I haven't played it yet. I will probably go for Katherine my first playthrough, though.

Such a hard choice...Not because both are hot, no, but because I'm both playing as myself AND as Vincent's consciousness.

So, I don't know who I'd pick because Vincent himself seems so conflicted.

Katherine is his (my) long-term relationship, and she wants commitment that I fear I can't uphold because frankly, I'm a fucking loser by comparison and I'm afraid of not being good for her in the long run. And maybe I really DON'T wanna marry because I don't believe in it and I'm comfortable how I am, but then again...

...Catherine is very free-spirited and shares my (Vincent's) idea of not being tied down. She's also young and pretty and outright voluptuous where Katherine (so far) seems so focused on her career. But what if that's just my fear of responsibility acting up? What if I'm letting fear lead me down a path that'll ultimately be no good for me either?

What if I'm with Katherine cause it's comfortable and nothing more? What if I want Catherine just because I want to run from something I'm afraid of, namely, aging and responsibility? But what if I really love Katherine? Or what if I DID fall for Catherine at first sight?

Tough shit.

Katherine, 'cause Catherine seems like an irresponsible party-girl dumbass. Plus, i've always preferred brunettes to blondes.

Catherine, because I read this game's Tvtropes page.

IRL I'd go for Katherine.

Catherine. She's more fun, and I'm in no hurry to get married. There's too much else I want to do first.

It is really hard to decide. Katherine is the archetype of an annoying, typical girlfriend. Catherine is needy and insane. Honestly, I don't want either of them. Maybe both until they both hate me. Where is the "bang both of them until it falls apart" option?

Katherine, because Catherine can fuck off with that ridiculously annoying squeak that she calls her voice.

Jamboxdotcom:
Katherine, 'cause Catherine seems like an irresponsible party-girl dumbass. Plus, i've always preferred brunettes to blondes.

pretty much this

still have to play it though

I'm not all that interested in the game right now, but from what I've seen and heard...

Katherine with a K, hands down. She's more of a "real" person, and less of a nymph who wants crazy sex for the hell of it.

Catherine with a C is just totally freakin batshit insane. I'm not into girls who will just throw themselves at someone's pants.

Maybe it's because I'm still a virgin, but for me, relationships are about the intimate sharing of emotions between two people, and the whole sex thing is secondary.

Also, I'd be afraid that Catherine would murder me for fun.

I found Catherine extremely annoying, so I stuck it out with Katherine. Plus... Katherine actually has some depth >.>

Katherine. She looks nicer, seems decent, and won't cause me flipping nightmares.

Phoenix_XIII:
Since the release date was yesterday, I thought I'd make this thread.
So which of the two love interests in the game do you like more?
Catherine or Katherine?
I personally like Katherine better. She seems more down to Earth.
What about you, fellow Escapists?

Catherine.

She's voiced by the same actress as Rise from Persona 4. How could I not go for that? ^^

Also, my spouse will probably go for Katherine, so that way I get to see both stories. ^^

I dunno, both of them are likely to kill Vincent, but I'll stick with Katherine.

No, Vincent, I don't care that you don't want commit, I'm stopping you from ending up with the succubus looking lady who happened to show up and make you cheat when cheating men are being killed. I don't give a shit about what you want, I'm keeping you alive with the yandere looking one.

Katherine. She's actually attractive.
Catherine looks like a tarted up sixteen year old... /shudders

I haven't played the game yet. Don't really plan on playing it for a while. Paying €50 for a puzzle game, that's more anime than game isn't something that feels right to me.

I feel I've missed something...what game is this?

Metropocalypse:

Catherine. Its some relationship/tower puzzle thing.

Im watching threads trying to understand whats so good about it. I just dont get it at all.

this isnt my name:

Metropocalypse:

Whoa God, not my kinda thing at all. Thanks, though!

Admittedly, it's nice to see the industry trying something different.

I'mw aiting for the weekend so I have more time to play.

Its hard to choose really. catherine looks fun and bubbly and adds a bit of random excitement.

But Katherine is solid, reliable, dependable.

... I'd say right now, my mind would say Katherine, but my lower regions would say Catherine. So my heart would say a combo of both.

Metropocalypse:

this isnt my name:

Metropocalypse:

Whoa God, not my kinda thing at all. Thanks, though!

Admittedly, it's nice to see the industry trying something different.

Yeah I dont think I will be buying it. Im just curious what people see in the game, becuase I jsut see people talking about how its great and review giving it high marks.

Well I'll be in trouble I would enjoy the company of both Catherine would be an awesome friend to handout with, drink and fool around a bit. Nothing real serious mainly for stress relief. Katherine would some one I would be glad to come home to she would be awesome to share my deepest feeling with, I'll be happy to cook for her and of course with the game marry her. overall I guess I'm gonna be climbing a tower for a while...

I would have to say the one who wouldn't nearly rip my head off for finding a hair on my bed that isn't mine or hers. (So pretty much not Catherine)

Then again,I'm not really too kinky so it wouldn't work with me anyway.

Raziel_Likes_Souls:
I dunno, both of them are likely to kill Vincent, but I'll stick with Katherine.

No, Vincent, I don't care that you don't want commit, I'm stopping you from ending up with the succubus looking lady who happened to show up and make you cheat when cheating men are being killed. I don't give a shit about what you want, I'm keeping you alive with the yandere looking one.

Well Spoiler Warning:Catherine is a yandere!

So yeah,when lying is the best option to survive,it's a person to avoid.

I'm only on the second night, so I can't quite say, but so far I prefer Katherine. Sure, she already seems like a very pushy and controlling girlfriend, but Catherine's just...no. She's strange, and I don't really find her to be that pretty. I think she's more annoying than anything.

Alphakirby:

Raziel_Likes_Souls:

Well Spoiler Warning:Catherine is a yandere!

So yeah,when lying is the best option to survive,it's a person to avoid.

Succubus yandere or the quiet, mature yandere? Crazy choice, I suppose.

"In my dreams, I'm usually the one who's killing." I suspect this to be a prelude to a plot twist where it's K, not C, who's the serial killer.

Katherine only if the sex is good, I mean I don't mind the fussy overly attentive ordinary looking type with eyes starring up from the words marriage. But I'd be damn if the sex is bad too, and worse yet if she's a prude or worse yet doesn't like giving head...><!

XP

GreatTeacherCAW:
It is really hard to decide. Katherine is the archetype of an annoying, typical girlfriend. Catherine is needy and insane. Honestly, I don't want either of them. Maybe both until they both hate me. Where is the "bang both of them until it falls apart" option?

That's pretty much the main-part of the game =P lol.

Katherine. I just beat it. She is good looking, mature, intelligent, and assertive.

I'll get to play it on August 6th, since that's when the Love is Over Edition I pre-ordered reaches my country.

SvenBTB:

GreatTeacherCAW:

That's pretty much the main-part of the game =P lol.

Kind of. The choices all seem to be fairly black and white. However, making a choice when both girls kind of suck is the hard part.

Catherine. because.... I dunno, she just seems like she'd be better in bed. yes, that is my only reason. Honestly though I'd prefer neither since both want to kill me.

Life is not a ride and you're not there to sit back and enjoy it. Life is a journey and it begins with walking.
Dear C-Vincents: grow a pair and get some initiative. Change the self, don't just settle for idle enjoyment when greater pleasures and delights could abound, with some discipline.

I may never actually see the end of this game since it is sending me into such rage and hatred every 5 minutes that I can't see myself actually beating it. I'm not very good at puzzle games to begin with, but this one is just fucking hard on just normal. I'm half tempted to restart the game under very easy. I got to the clock tower level and just... basically spent 2 hours yelling at the tv and chugging whiskey to even be able to press on. Fuck you, Persona team. Worst part is that this is a fantastic game. It just has the learning curve that is more like a very, very steep drop into seeing the game over screen every 5 seconds.

Anarchemitis:
Life is not a ride and you're not there to sit back and enjoy it. Life is a journey and it begins with walking.
Dear C-Vincents: grow a pair and get some initiative. Change the self, don't just settle for idle enjoyment when greater pleasures and delights could abound, with some discipline.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked