Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Let's Play Fallout: New Vegas [The Servant]

Pages PREV 1 . . . 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 NEXT

TopazFusion:
Huh, I don't think I've ever talked to Yes Man first.
I always talked to Benny first, and then after he has fled or been killed, then I would talk to Yes Man.

AlternatePFG:
Yup, still pretty brown. Though I'd still take dirt brown over puke green any day of the week, mind you.

Is this a dig at Fallout 3? ... Not that I mind . . .

Yeah, kind of. Color schemes in general in these two games kind of puts me off (Some of the DLC areas aside) but Fallout 3 did especially. I think without that omni-present green filter, the game would actually looked really good in some areas.

That's why I think Fellout is a pretty cool mod, too bad it makes night-pitch black as well.

TopazFusion:
Huh, I don't think I've ever talked to Yes Man first.
I always talked to Benny first, and then after he has fled or been killed, then I would talk to Yes Man.

Same here.

And I reeeeaallly wanted to use Benny's escape tunnel. I was curious about where it led. It would have been cool to see some cleverly hidden exit. I think I spent five minutes in that small hallway and room with Yes Man the first time just seeing if there was a way I could get through it. Alas...

TopazFusion:

DustyDrB:
And I reeeeaallly wanted to use Benny's escape tunnel. I was curious about where it led. It would have been cool to see some cleverly hidden exit. I think I spent five minutes in that small hallway and room with Yes Man the first time just seeing if there was a way I could get through it. Alas...

Yeah, I wanted to see that too.
Unfortunately it doesn't lead anywhere. The escape elevator that Benny uses goes down to an area near the living quarters of Vault 21.
It's in the same interior, but not actually connected to the Vault's main accessible area.
I assume Benny gets teleported out, since it's a dead-end, and there's no other way out.

How did you find out where it led?

TopazFusion:

DustyDrB:
How did you find out where it led?

I used console commands (cheats) to unlock the elevator door in that hallway, and then used it.
The pip-boy local map showed I was in Vault 21.
But it's an isolated part of the map, so I had to no-clip through a "void" to get to the main part.
It's also mentioned here . . .
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/The_Tops#The_sub-basement

Ohhh...PC gamer voodoo. That's a cool fact, though. It makes me wonder if that has anything to do with why House wanted the vault filled with cement.

On an unrelated note: I played some New Vegas tonight and discovered something new (at least to me). You can recruit Victor for the fight in Goodsprings.

TopazFusion:

DustyDrB:
On an unrelated note: I played some New Vegas tonight and discovered something new (at least to me). You can recruit Victor for the fight in Goodsprings.

Yeah, I tried that, but he doesn't show up for the fight. If you ask him about it later, he says he doesn't know why.
Obviously more of House's meddling.

Bah, you're right. What I thought I saw in the heat of battle was actually one of these. Derp. Still, I never asked Victor to join in the fight until this playthrough. I think it's because I always waited to do that quest until my skill checks were high enough to recruit everyone (which doesn't take that long, but long enough that I'll usually encounter Victor in Novac or somewhere else).

I'd so love to recruit an upgraded Securitron in that fight and then watch the bloodbath.

AlternatePFG:
[i]

OH GOD, I'M IN OBLIVION!! TURN BACK, TURN BACK, ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN THAT!

Oblivion wasn't that bad, it was actually pretty fun. You could fix pretty much all the problems with mods even the leveling system. I probably didn't run into many problems because i have Altitis.

I apologize for the lack of updates recently, I should be back on track by the weekend again. Haven't had much time lately to get on actually work on the LP.

On the Road... Again

Sorry about the delay, but I should be back on track now.

No question?

There's something about Benny's dialogue that I like, it just seems...fresh.

Now that you can open hard locks are you going to go get Lucky in Primm? You probably don't really need it at this point but it does look nice.

ChupathingyX:
No question?

Now that you can open hard locks are you going to go get Lucky in Primm? You probably don't really need it at this point but it does look nice.

I guess he could. But it's much more easy to get Lucky in Gomorrah. Let's just say that those "locks" aren't hard at all.

JamesStone:

ChupathingyX:
No question?

I guess he could. But it's much more easy to get Lucky in Gomorrah. Let's just say that those "locks" aren't hard at all.

Haha, I probably should have been more specific.

I was referring to this.

Another update that went on too long, so I had to split it into two different parts to deal with length limits.

Romans and Securitrons

Romans and Securitrons

If you go poking around Aurelius of Phoenix's room, you'll find some interesting items: Alcohol (banned in the Legion), a teddy bear, and some sexy sleepwear. I don't think Caesar would approve of his private life.

Caesar's voice actor almost sounds like a mob boss. It really threw me off the first time I heard it. Though he is interesting to talk to.

I don't think I've ever actually done any of the Legion stuff, usually I'm hated with them by the time I get to them. The one time that I wasn't, I decided to snipe the entirety of Cottonwood Cove, but I was seen when I killed one of the last guys- so I went to hostile and cleared the Fort.

Caesar's voice makes him out to be an ordinary guy, not someone who was born into a life of nobility or with a silver spoon in his mouth. The fact that he swears is another indication of this, you'd expect him to be more well-mannered.

AlternatePFG:
I like that the game is actually discussing philosophy and such, but am I the only one who thinks that Caesar comes off as extremely pretentious here?

Which major faction leader/antagonist in this game doesn't come off as pretentious?

Kimball?
Oliver?
Moore?
House?
Elijah?
Klein?

I also find it funny how nearly every character, including Legion members, talk about how Lanius is nothing but a savage yet when you actually meet him and compare him with Oliver, well...

AlternatePFG:
Caesar's voice isn't as grand as you would think it is. Not to say the voice acting is bad, for Caesar it's quite decent, it's just that I was not expecting this particular voice.

I think that was the point of the voice-actor. He's set-up(until you meet him) as an enigma. A larger than life figure, that you expect to have this deep, booming, commanding voice that causes you to castrate yourself cause you aren't worthy; only to find out he is this old man who just happened to be a good orator.

Cool update. I always end up saving Benny in the playth

AlternatePFG:

Romans and Securitrons

Cool update. I always end up saving Benny in my 6 playthroughs, because I never ever played the Legion option. Always either NCR or House. And with the Benny Returns mod, the guy always ends up as a companion.

So, after this playthrough are you gonna do NCR, House or Legion? And how do you plan to do it?

ChupathingyX:

Which major faction leader/antagonist in this game doesn't come off as pretentious?

Kimball?
Oliver?
Moore?
House?
Elijah?
Klein?

I also find it funny how nearly every character, including Legion members, talk about how Lanius is nothing but a savage yet when you actually meet him and compare him with Oliver, well...

You're right. Sawyer even changed Moore's karma to Evil in his mod.

The Legion is sort of inverse from the NCR. The NCR is full of decent people (with a few bad apples like Contreras, but you find more ruthless/selfish people the higher up you go in the ranks (Moore and Oliver. Alice McLafferty also counts considering her company's close ties to the faction). The Legion is full of assholes, but some of the people at or near the top are much more reasonable (Caesar and Lucius).

A Change in Management

What did you think of Mr. House?

Lots of dialogue in recent updates, sorry about that. It's just that the NPC's in the game spend quite a bit of time giving their spiels about politics and all that. Not that that is a bad a thing, but it makes transcribing the dialogue quite lengthy.

There is going to be a quick mini-update, and then it's onto Dead Money.

AlternatePFG:
What did you think of Mr. House?

Eh, I didn't much like him. I dunno why. He just rubbed me the wrong way on more that one occasion.

Nothing wrong with lots of dialogue. It's interesting stuff, even if you've played the game as much as I have. House was interesting. He was very condescending, but I guess he has good reason to feel that way. Even I - the bastion of modesty and virtue that I am - would gloat a bit if I had devised a way to save a region from a major nuclear strike, preserve myself for hundreds of years, jump-start an economy in the post-apocalypse, and create a personal army of death bots.

I felt guilty when I killed him, actually. But it was earned, because I was not sneaky on my first playthrough. And those upgraded Securitrons hurt. Soooo many crippled limbs in such a short time, and I was playing on hardcore mode.

what did you think of Mr. House?

I actually liked Mr. House quite a bit. He is a dick, but he's interesting and seems, at first, to be the best choice for Vegas.
I still feel kind of bad every time I kill him.

Exploring the Lucky 38 and The Strip

Would you like more updates like this?

Nothing wrong with little tours like this, even though I already know pretty much everything :D However, I can't wait for Dead Money.

I would also like to point out that the "Test Site" show globe is located in the cocktail lounge and I think some skill magazines and weapons/ammo.

AlternatePFG:

Exploring the Lucky 38 and The Strip

Would you like more updates like this?

It has been pretty cool. But I have a question about Dead Money. Will you make it in a way that everyone survives? If yes, remember, to Dean survive you have to choose options that don't insult him. Try to avoid skill checks.

Also, you should totally use the "Run the Lucky 38" mod. It's one of the coolest New Vegas mods, and at least all those slot machines won't go to waste.

This sort of thing is pretty cool, as long as the place or places being explored is cool or important enough.

Quick note though, in the cocktail lounge, in one of the outer booths, I believe you can find some C4 and a trigger. Not the most useful explosive, but something fun to use. Worthwhile to pick up if you want to have a little fun later.

And this is just from my own personal playstyle, but the pre-war money I dont think is all that useless. It weighs nothing and is worth something, so you can effectively carry enough to make them worth more than some of the most expensive things in the game.

JamesStone:
It has been pretty cool. But I have a question about Dead Money. Will you make it in a way that everyone survives? If yes, remember, to Dean survive you have to choose options that don't insult him. Try to avoid skill checks.

Yeah, I'm going to try to keep everyone alive. Though, I've never had a playthrough where I've managed to avoid killing Dean somehow or another.

AlternatePFG:

JamesStone:

Yeah, I'm going to try to keep everyone alive. Though, I've never had a playthrough where I've managed to avoid killing Dean somehow or another.

I was wondering that same thing last week (just went through Dead Money). If the Fallout wiki is correct (usually is), then you just have to really suck up to him. Notes on articles here and here can give you some tips. I've never not made him hostile. He really deserves it, anyway, if you ask me.

This is an extremely short update, it's just the opening narration and the first, rather long conversation with Elijah. I'll have a separate update with just the opening.

Welcome to the Sierra Madre

What did you think of Dead Money's opening? The slideshow is mostly what I'm referring to, but just the way it starts out in general.

Dead Money

AlternatePFG:
What did you think of Dead Money's opening? The slideshow is mostly what I'm referring to, but just the way it starts out in general.

I've softened a great deal on Dead Money. I used to not like it, but now I do. I like the slideshow. It's not as good as Old World Blues', but (much, much, much) better than Honest Hearts'. What makes it special is the difference between the intro slideshow and the ending one. "That's not the hard part. It's letting go". But I guess we'll get to that.

And an FYI: The thread title is still from the previous update.

Its definitely an interesting way to start DLC. I am looking forward to seeing you play through this survival-horror section, though.

AlternatePFG:

I really liked it, especially considering I did not expect an opening at all (or an ending).

As for the opening with Elijah, I liked that too.

He quickly gets to the point, gives you the holorifle (which I love!) and then sets you on your merry way.

And of course there's:

"Do this, I'll let you go. I'll let all of you go".

He sounds so cool when he says that, and it makes the beginning much more ominous (along with the "inhabitants", cloud and general uncertainty of the whole villa).

One great thing about Dead Money:

Really makes me want to watch a "Golden Era" TV show with the whole team as the stars.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked