Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Let's Play Fallout: New Vegas [The Servant]

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 37 NEXT

The "Lily's Log" was a lot better this time.

Chapter XII - Exploring the Steelyard

Fallout related question: What Fallout 3 DLC did you like the least and why?

AlternatePFG:

Mothership Zeta. Because it was crap all around and didn't even have the same decency of Operation Anchorage to give you any decent loot as an apology.

Drakmorg:

AlternatePFG:

Mothership Zeta. Because it was crap all around and didn't even have the same decency of Operation Anchorage to give you any decent loot as an apology.

Yeah pretty much what he said. It was just plain no fun, plus the end really bugged the crap outta me, pain in the ass.

I was under the impression that the Capital Wasteland slavers actually exist mostly to supply the Pitt. I think someone in the DLC talks about it.

And I have to agree with the consensus that MZ was terrible.

Aidinthel:
I was under the impression that the Capital Wasteland slavers actually exist mostly to supply the Pitt. I think someone in the DLC talks about it.

And I have to agree with the consensus that MZ was terrible.

Ah, if that's true, then it makes sense.

AlternatePFG:

I never played MZ, so I can say this:

Operation: Anchorage was OK

Point Lookout is one of my favoritest DLCs of all time

Broken Steel is great

But I didn't really like The Pit. I don't know. It just didn't sit right with me.

Hmmm...Trogs remind me of...
Wait a second..yep, there's a reason for it. Trogs remind me of New Vegas' Spore Carriers. It appears there is a reason for that.

Those things freaked the hell out of me when I first encountered them in Vault 22.

AlternatePFG:
The Auto Axe is an awesome weapon but it's glitchy as hell and Bethesda never patched it. How can we sneak a giant thing like that past the guards anyways?

According to J. E. Sawyer you can't patch individual aspects that are only featured in the DLC, such as characters and weapons like the Auto-axe. However, if there is a glitch from the vanilla game that is causing problems that can be patched which will then fix the issue in the DLC.

Motherhip Zeta.

It was just...why?

And it isn't the crappiness of it that pissed me off the most, it was the fact that it pretty much made aliens canon in the Fallout universe.

Also Operation: Anchorage was pretty bad, Broken Steel was a bad attempt to fix a massive mistake and the only thing I liked about the Pitt was the level design.

DustyDrB:
Hmmm...Trogs remind me of...
Wait a second..yep, there's a reason for it. Trogs remind me of New Vegas' Spore Carriers. It appears there is a reason for that.

Those things freaked the hell out of me when I first encountered them in Vault 22.

Yeah, I saw some screenshots from Lonesome Road, and one of the enemies looked like another Trog reskin.

The spore carriers freaked me out as well. Vault 22 was really interesting the first time I played it, and both Honest Hearts and Old World Blues kind of tie into it's story.

I apologize for the rather short update in advance, I wanted to do things in chunks. This episode is solely dedicated to the arena part of the main quest in the Pitt, so it's pretty short.

Chapter XIII - I Knew This Game was Missing Something...

Okay, Fallout related question: Who is your favorite character in Fallout 3 and why?

AlternatePFG:
Okay, Fallout related question: Who is your favorite character in Fallout 3 and why?

For me, it's Moira Brown. I know a lot of people find her annoying, but I always found her personality to be more adorable than grating. I also liked how she was one of the few people in the game that wasn't an asshole.

AlternatePFG:

My answer won't mean much, since I only did the main story quests and didn't explore much. I think the only time I did explore was by accident. I went into some building that leads underground to what looked like a brothel of some sort. There was a merchant at the end who I got an awesome shotgun off of. But I only ended up in this place because it was very close to where my quest marker led. I was just aloof, I guess. So that said, my favorite character was the man behind that whole "dream town" thing. That was a cool part of the game, and the man was just insane. I can't remember his name, though.

DustyDrB:

AlternatePFG:

My answer won't mean much, since I only did the main story quests and didn't explore much. I think the only time I did explore was by accident. I went into some building that leads underground to what looked like a brothel of some sort. There was a merchant at the end who I got an awesome shotgun off of. But I only ended up in this place because it was very close to where my quest marker led. I was just aloof, I guess. So that said, my favorite character was the man behind that whole "dream town" thing. That was a cool part of the game, and the man was just insane. I can't remember his name, though.

I'm assuming by "dream town" you mean Tranquility Lane, in which case you must be talking about Dr. Braun. He was actually my second choice for most favorite character.

DustyDrB:

AlternatePFG:

My answer won't mean much, since I only did the main story quests and didn't explore much. I think the only time I did explore was by accident.

Why did you not explore the game? I mean, the main story is really the weakest part of the game, even if it does take you to some interesting locales.

AlternatePFG:

DustyDrB:

AlternatePFG:

My answer won't mean much, since I only did the main story quests and didn't explore much. I think the only time I did explore was by accident.

Why did you not explore the game? I mean, the main story is really the weakest part of the game, even if it does take you to some interesting locales.

Well, to be honest, I don't know why I finished the game at all. Don't mistake me as saying it was a bad game, but there are many aspects of it that sucked the enjoyment out of Fallout 3 for me. Mostly it was that relentless melancholy. It was overbearing.

But that's often how I play open world RPGs. I like to give the main story a good chance to grab me, so I focus on it. And given the way Oblivion was handled, I figured you'd be able to continue to play afterwards. I did this in Fallout: New Vegas as well, but much of the "side quest" stuff ties in to the main story so well that I didn't feel detached from my character's goals if I went off the main track for a bit. Another thing is that if I really like a game, I'll play it again (3 playthroughs of New Vegas so far). I'll do things differently, including exploring more. My fist playthrough of any game tends to be very incomplete. With Fallout 3, I just never wanted to go back to it once I was done with it.

DustyDrB:
Well, to be honest, I don't know why I finished the game at all. Don't mistake me as saying it was a bad game, but there are many aspects of it that sucked the enjoyment out of Fallout 3 for me. Mostly it was that relentless melancholy. It was overbearing.

But that's often how I play open world RPGs. I like to give the main story a good chance to grab me, so I focus on it. And given the way Oblivion was handled, I figured you'd be able to continue to play afterwards. I did this in Fallout: New Vegas as well, but much of the "side quest" stuff ties in to the main story so well that I didn't feel detached from my character's goals if I went off the main track for a bit. Another thing is that if I really like a game, I'll play it again (3 playthroughs of New Vegas so far). I'll do things differently, including exploring more. My fist playthrough of any game tends to be very incomplete. With Fallout 3, I just never wanted to go back to it once I was done with it.

Fair enough, I agree with that. The thing that I liked better about New Vegas was that many of the sidequests had some significance to the main story, while in 3, there really isn't any way you can justify doing almost any of them in-universe (Especially the nuka-cola challenge and such).

And yeah, one of my problems with 3 is that the main plot is rather idealistic but the actual world around is just completely depressing and the epitome of a crapsack world, with very little breaks from the meloncholy.

AlternatePFG:

Three Dog

I don't really know why. I guess I went on several hikes through the wasteland, and having him constantly praise me must haved rubbed me the right way. Yes, he does give obvious advive. But I kinda like how he adresses his audiance. I kinda do that as well when writing.

EDIT: As for New Vegas? Mmmmmmmmm.....
Benny. Mainly because I like the "Get revenge" mini-plot in RPGs. It's why I enjoyed the Human Noble story from Dragon Age: Origins.

CM156:
[quote="AlternatePFG" post="9.306987.12518744"]Okay, Fallout related question: Who is your favorite character in Fallout 3 and why?

I always liked Fawkes, he was so helpful and an actually nice super mutant

AlternatePFG:

Uhhhhhhh...

*thinks for a while*

..uhhhhhhhh....

...yeah I'll go with Ashur too.

He seemed to be the only smart person in the whole game, someone actually trying to rebuild civilisation. Plus he had nice looking armour.

I'm not a big fan of Bethesda's characters...

Today, I'm going to take a break from doing an update. I apologize, but I took a sick day yesterday and I need all of today to make up some class work. To compensate for that, I've decided to show off what I had in store for you guys a bit early...

Yup, I'm going to LP Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel. I mentioned earlier that I bought something to for around 20 bucks for this LP, and what I bought was Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel. Now you're probably wondering, since it's a console game (PS2 version) how will I get footage from it? Well, conveniently I do already have a capture card. I still can't dub in audio, but I might annotate or subtitle in my commentary. It's going to be updated randomly, this is still a Fallout 3 LP, but I thought you'd guys would be interested in this. Also, while I'm pretty sure my set up works, I may hit some problems that cannot be fixed, so this may or may not even take off.

Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel Introduction

Now, for those who are unaware, Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel was the last Fallout game created before Interplay sold off the rights to the series. Instead of being an RPG like the previous games were, it was a top down shooter with some light RPG elements. It's widely regarded as the worst game in the series, and most of the fans who hate Fallout 3 hate this one even more. Yeah, it's that bad. It's sometimes referred to PoS instead. (Okay, that's mostly on NMA but still) The game has been removed from canon, but that still does not make things any better. No Ron Perlman either. How bad is it?

Yeah.

It doesn't help that right before this game was released, Van Buren (I'll have an entire mini-update set aside for Van Buren by the way, before you ask) was cancelled by Interplay. It might have been forgivable if Interplay used the funds from this game to support Van Buren, but it's an obvious cash in on the license. For almost 5 years this was the legacy of the Fallout series. 5 years.

My hopes aren't high for Fallout Online at all, to be honest. All the talent at Interplay is gone already, and they don't have the funds to make a game, let alone an MMO. They're barely afloat as it is.

Edit: Forgot the question: Have any of you guys played BoS and are you interested in watching this?

AlternatePFG:
Today, I'm going to take a break from doing an update. I apologize, but I took a sick day yesterday and I need all of today to make up some class work. To compensate for that, I've decided to show off what I had in store for you guys a bit early...

Yup, I'm going to LP Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel. I mentioned earlier that I bought something to for around 20 bucks for this LP, and what I bought was Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel. Now you're probably wondering, since it's a console game (PS2 version) how will I get footage from it? Well, conveniently I do already have a capture card. I still can't dub in audio, but I might annotate or subtitle in my commentary. It's going to be updated randomly, this is still a Fallout 3 LP, but I thought you'd guys would be interested in this. Also, while I'm pretty sure my set up works, I may hit some problems that cannot be fixed, so this may or may not even take off.

Now, for those who are unaware, Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel was the last Fallout game created before Interplay sold off the rights to the series. Instead of being an RPG like the previous games were, it was a top down shooter with some light RPG elements. It's widely regarded as the worst game in the series, and most of the fans who hate Fallout 3 hate this one even more. Yeah, it's that bad. It's sometimes referred to PoS instead. (Okay, that's mostly on NMA but still) The game has been removed from canon, but that still does not make things any better. No Ron Perlman either. How bad is it?

Yeah.

It doesn't help that right before this game was released, Van Buren (I'll have an entire mini-update set aside for Van Buren by the way, before you ask) was cancelled by Interplay. It might have been forgivable if Interplay used the funds from this game to support Van Buren, but it's an obvious cash in on the license. For almost 5 years this was the legacy of the Fallout series. 5 years.

My hopes aren't high for Fallout Online at all, to be honest. All the talent at Interplay is gone already, and they don't have the funds to make a game, let alone an MMO. They're barely afloat as it is.

Edit: Forgot the question: Have any of you guys played BoS and are you interested in watching this?

Dear Goo, those are some awful trailers. Did I actually spot jiggle physics at 0:14 in the first video?

Would I watch this? Depends. Is it the type of bad game that can be unintentionally funny, or is it just dull and stupid all around?

DustyDrB:
Dear Goo, those are some awful trailers. Did I actually spot jiggle physics at 0:14 in the first video?

Would I watch this? Depends. Is it the type of bad game that can be unintentionally funny, or is it just dull and stupid all around?

It's like watching a train wreck, you just can't look away. I mostly plan on just recording all of it in one go (Splitting it up into chunks of course), and just updating it on days where I can't fit in a Fallout 3 update.

AlternatePFG:

Yeah.

I agree with you on Fallout Online. All my legal buddies say Interplay will lose to Bethesda on this one. Bethesda can wage "Litigation of attrition", so to speak.

I've never played BoS, but I'd be more than happy to watch a LP of a really bad game.

I'm still catching up on work from yesterday, so I apologize for the lack of another real update today. Tomorrow things should be back on schedule.

I don't have really any on topic questions, so I'll just ask a random one: What do you guys think of the new Deus Ex game?

Edit: Just in case this topic suddenly disappears right after you've read this post, that's probably because it will have gotten moved to the User Reviews section, new rules for LPs mean they are going to be posted there.

AlternatePFG:
I'm still catching up on work from yesterday, so I apologize for the lack of another real update today. Tomorrow things should be back on schedule.

I don't have really any on topic questions, so I'll just ask a random one: What do you guys think of the new Deus Ex game?

Edit: Just in case this topic suddenly disappears right after you've read this post, that's probably because it will have gotten moved to the User Reviews section, new rules for LPs mean they are going to be posted there.

I've not played it yet. I'm going off to school, and I'll be taking a hiatus from game playing.

So yeah, no real thoughts. If I get it, it'll be in May when I get back home.

AlternatePFG:

I'd say it's great. Really the only major downside to the game that I can think of is its terrible boss battles. Thankfully there don't seem to be too many of them (I'm 11 hours in and have only fought two so far) so it's not too big of a flaw.

I apologize for today's short update. My memory is particularly terrible, as I forgot that a major decision is right ahead in the game, and I probably should have just gone a little bit further with the last update so I could ask.

Chapter XIV - Choices

So to recap:

Do we help Ashur?

Or do we help Wernher?

AlternatePFG:
Do we help Ashur?

Or do we help Wernher?

We help Ashur. It seems wrong to leave them as slaves, but everything Ashur tells you about the 'workers' is true. The glorified raiders protect them, the glorified raiders feed them and the glorified raiders are trying to find a cure for them. What are worn down slaves going to be able to do when all that's gone?

They'll end up overwhelmed by a Trog attack, they'll run out of food and water and they won't find a cure because, chances are, the few and far between scientists will die before the cure is found, given the shit conditions they decide to live and raise a baby in.

It's objectively the best choice.

EDIT: Score, I'm leading the charge for Ashur. Huzzah!

The Unworthy Gentleman:

AlternatePFG:
Do we help Ashur?

Or do we help Wernher?

We help Ashur. It seems wrong to leave them as slaves, but everything Ashur tells you about the 'workers' is true. The glorified raiders protect them, the glorified raiders feed them and the glorified raiders are trying to find a cure for them. What are worn down slaves going to be able to do when all that's gone?

They'll end up overwhelmed by a Trog attack, they'll run out of food and water and they won't find a cure because, chances are, the few and far between scientists will die before the cure is found, given the shit conditions they decide to live and raise a baby in.

Not to mention that Wernher is too much of a colossal idiot to be trusted as a decent leader. At least Ashur knows what he's doing.

I agree with helping Ashur.

Drakmorg:

The Unworthy Gentleman:

AlternatePFG:
Do we help Ashur?

Or do we help Wernher?

Not to mention that Wernher is too much of a colossal idiot to be trusted as a decent leader. At least Ashur knows what he's doing.

I agree with helping Ashur.

I'd like to third the motion.

It's a moraly grey choice, which means the devs want you to pick the opposite of the obvious choice.

EDIT: Also, when I went through, I helped Wernher, and it didn't go so well.

I agree with the above, Ashur is a decent character

I don't feel qualified to comment on this choice. In my game I went into the mansion guns blazing with righteous fury so I only saw the baby after everyone was dead. That was an awkward moment.

AlternatePFG:
Do we help Ashur?

Or do we help Wernher?

Ashur. As noble a goal as freeing the slaves is, can we really take a life of someone who has yet to even experience it. At least with raiders they made that choice and it is their undoing, same with the slavers everywhere. But Ashur is at least trying to make this hellhole better.[/quote]

Make Fawkes do it!

Oh, wait. Nevermind...
Yeah, I'd also help Ashur. This is a hotly contested decision, eh? Uniformity is the spice of life, as they say...

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 37 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked