What about PS3 players, Bioware?

Pages PREV 1 2

JamesStone:

Bioware should do something. Releasing a patch that assumed that you did the assigments, with the Paragorn/Renegade choices being decided by the choices in the main events, modifing a bit their comic, Mass Effect Genisis, or heck, even going as far as re-releasing ME1 in the PS3. I know me and a big group of PS3 nerds would buy it.

Whatever Bioware decides to do, they should do something, because if they donīt, I will buy Mass Effect 3 for PS3, but pirate it and the other 2 games for PC. But now Iīm just talking to much.
So, what do you think it should be done, Escapists?

And then Super Mario Galaxy 2 should be released on PS3 along with Kirby's Epic Yarn.

Also, edit out that bit about pirating, you'll get in trouble.

And then this:

SmashLovesTitanQuest:
Well, unfortunately, tough shit.

Youre out of luck. Lets hope this massive problem doesnt tear you apart from the inside. I cant even imagine what you must be going through right now.

Followed by:
buy a 360.

Aaaaaaand, this guy:

Halberd:
I think the reason for why they didn't put ME 1 onto the PS3 was because of the loading times.

Porting it was apparently too hard and the loading times would have been stuffed if they did (it was something really technical.)

You might want to have a quick read through the thread.

chaosyoshimage:
What they need to do is make a new game called Mass Effect: The Beginning or something that's very similar to the first Mass Effect but, you know, different...

It'd be a financially unsound decision.

JamesStone:

But if you go see the ME wikia, you see that they say:"Kirrahe will appear in Mass Effect 3 provided he survived the events of Mass Effect 1."
Not only that but I have a friend that is in America that says that he saved Kirrahe in is Mass Effect game, so thatīs why I was intriged.

Most people don't go to the Wiki(a) for games they're yet to play. ;)

But I'd suggest spoiler tagging your OP now for any future readers. I've gotten pretty good at not noticing Mass Effect spoilers (I'm yet to play through it) as soon as I see them I just unfocus my eyes move down the page and if the next couple words seem slightly spoilery I bypass the rest of the post.

But yeah, spoilers tend to completely ruin story driven games and specifically talking about deaths of characters so it'd probably be nice to spoiler tag the spoilery bits.

Honestly, the first one is interesting and all, but the comic is all you really need. The rest of the stuff is...basically small filler. Little choices that exist only for you to go 'hey! I remember that! haha! that's cool..' and move on. Besides, play ME 1 and you'll only learn to loathe the clip system in ME 2 like many people do.

I understand wanting to have it for a console, where there's no need to pray that your system can run it or turn it so far down that it looks like shit. But I see it as unlikely. Furthermore, why would you post this here? Unfortunately, we're all nothing but, well, fans. Geeks, gamers, consumers. Sure, you could rally some support, and more power to you if you do, but you have some reasonable arguments and not as much blind rage. Why not take this to a more proper forum? (also, yes, I'd leave out the pirating thing. It be bad.)

JamesStone:

ColdStorage:

JamesStone:
As you know, Bioware released Mass Effect 2 on PS3, thus giving PS3 owners the chance to live the Mass Effect experience, and play one of their best games. As a bonus, we got a ton of extras, DLC, and a free Cerberus Network acount to compensate for the one year delay.

It'd be really nice if you could spoilify your comments, I'm going to be buying Mass Effect for my PS3 but you've just told me some MASSIVE PLOT POINTS!

Thanks for that.

Legion IV:
You know..... if it means that much you could just buy and Xbox 360....

Its easier having all the consoles.

Just get a little overtime at work, Bam! you have an Xbox 360 no more angry posts.

He seems to know a little bit too much about the story to have not played it before, so chances are he's already got an Xbox360 with ME1

Sorry for that, it really wasnīt my intention to spoil anything, I just though that it wasnīt such a big deal, I didnīt reveal anything important besides one or two planets and the extras that you recieved when you buy the game. Sorry if it ruins something for you (Sincerity).

But no, I just own a PS3, but when I was playing, I see characters mentioning guys I donīt know (Kirrahe for example), so I decided to check it out on Mass Effect Wikia. There I saw it then a bunch of assignments that you could only gain if you did something in the previous game, and I've a pretty good memory.

You haven't played Mass Effect 1 because you don't have an Xbox?
So you figured it out because your a clever git?, dude I salute you.

But in future if you could spoilify things it would be appreciated, some of our users wait a long time for an anticipated story, just because a Wikia of it exists doesn't mean you should share that info, because some people spend a lot of time trying to stay away from spoilers.

Myself included

ColdStorage:

JamesStone:

ColdStorage:

It'd be really nice if you could spoilify your comments, I'm going to be buying Mass Effect for my PS3 but you've just told me some MASSIVE PLOT POINTS!

Thanks for that.

He seems to know a little bit too much about the story to have not played it before, so chances are he's already got an Xbox360 with ME1

Sorry for that, it really wasnīt my intention to spoil anything, I just though that it wasnīt such a big deal, I didnīt reveal anything important besides one or two planets and the extras that you recieved when you buy the game. Sorry if it ruins something for you (Sincerity).

But no, I just own a PS3, but when I was playing, I see characters mentioning guys I donīt know (Kirrahe for example), so I decided to check it out on Mass Effect Wikia. There I saw it then a bunch of assignments that you could only gain if you did something in the previous game, and I've a pretty good memory.

You haven't played Mass Effect 1 because you don't have an Xbox?
So you figured it out because your a clever git?, dude I salute you.

But in future if you could spoilify things it would be appreciated, some of our users wait a long time for an anticipated story, just because a Wikia of it exists doesn't mean you should share that info, because some people spend a lot of time trying to stay away from spoilers.

Myself included

Sorry, really didnīt think it was much, next time Iīm going to give a Minor Spoiler warning.

JamesStone:

Sorry, really didnīt think it was much, next time Iīm going to give a Minor Spoiler warning.

You my friend, need this in your life
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.202272-The-Escapist-Community-and-Forums-Codex-Index-Guides

Your a Wayward Heavens my friend, your intention was good, but the execution of your intention missed the mark, you have no need to say sorry to me.

ThriKreen:

Katherine Ciesla:
You know, the whole idea of another company owning the rights to the first title of a series being an obstacle to incorporating that content later in the series or providing the original title on different platforms really doesn't cut it as an excuse to me.

People seem to misinterpret publishing rights (which by all accounts is just a timed exclusive on one platform) vs. the actual IP rights (owned by the studio or publishing company that owns the studio).

I do, apparently, confuse them. Could you (in brief, I'm not asking for your whole education or something if that's your background) explain what the obstacles are to this kind of action: bringing a game released exclusively to one platform into a multi-platform scenario.

Katherine Ciesla:
I do, apparently, confuse them. Could you (in brief, I'm not asking for your whole education or something if that's your background) explain what the obstacles are to this kind of action: bringing a game released exclusively to one platform into a multi-platform scenario.

There's only really two things:

A) Contractual reasons. Depends if the studio is owned by the publisher so they'd often only release on that console. Case in point: Sony->Naughty Dog for the Uncharted series, MS->Bungie for Halo. Or not, in the case of Bioware during ME1 Xbox 360 development, but since BW is now owned by EA, most releases now are multiplatform.

The usual process is, studio makes a pitch or demo to publisher, who will fund development of the game for presumably timed exclusive release of the game on their console of choice. Depending on the contract, the publisher might own the IP rights before (i.e. LucasArts for KOTOR), or after (maybe Guitar Hero as it went from Harmonix to Activision) or the studio will still own it (Bioware and ME).

Since EA owns Bioware now and published the ME1 PC version, we can safely say that Bioware retained the IP rights to the ME IP. And while I'm not privy to the contract details with MS, with the release on the PC by EA, it's probably a timed exclusive on the Xbox 360 platform, and thus not much is really restricted from porting it to the PS3.

B) Which leads to the only other issue, and that's the manpower and tech needed to port the game over. Obviously, we know the architecture is different for the Xbox 360 and PS3, and the UE3 engine tech for cross-platform porting wasn't as mature then for ME1 as it is for ME2, so it could be viewed as fragile and ultimately, might not be worth the effort.

I mean, having worked on ME1, I can say working on a new game (ME1) while the new engine used (UE3) was at the same time was being worked on by the developers (Epic) for their own game (Gears of War 1) for a semi-new console (XBox 360, Nov 2005) == not really very fun due to all the unknowns. ME was announced in Oct 2005, released Nov 2007, so one can guess dev started at least the year before. It's like trying to build a car, while also designing and driving it around at the same time - a lot of moving targets to get things working (and duct tape solutions ;)).

Safe to assume most of the reasons for not porting ME1 to the PS3 is a lot of people just don't want to revisit that, and would rather focus on the newer, improved stuff. Or back to the car analogy, try updating a DeLorean to be a hybrid/all electric - at some point it might be easier to just redesign it from the ground up instead, or buy a Chevy Volt.

StBishop:

chaosyoshimage:
What they need to do is make a new game called Mass Effect: The Beginning or something that's very similar to the first Mass Effect but, you know, different...

BioWare fans will buy anything, I know, I bought Dragon Age II...

Ha! You bought a PS3 instead of a 360. What a terrible decision.

i always knew this would happen, and im sad that we wont get ME1 but i was even expecting to get ME2 when i felt 360 for PS3. Im just happy that we can get ME2 and 3 and enjoy it.
ME1 can never be published on PS3 because of the contract with microsoft that expressly forbids it

JamesStone:
As you know, Bioware released Mass Effect 2 on PS3, thus giving PS3 owners the chance to live the Mass Effect experience, and play one of their best games. As a bonus, we got a ton of extras, DLC, and a free Cerberus Network acount to compensate for the one year delay.
"What about ME1?" Someone asked.
"No, Mass Effect 1 wonīt be released" answered Bioware
"So how do you expect us to buy your game and live the full experience if you are denying us the choice of Sheppardīs actions in ME1? It would be rather stupid."
"Well, you can have a free comic book, that will allow you to make the important decisions on ME1"
"Thanks Bioware"

Entitled much?

First off Bioware didn't have to release ANYTHING on PS3, they could have just said "if you want mass effect you have to play it on PC or xbox 360." So instead of whining about it, be happy that it came to your preferred console at all. Now that we have that out of the way, as many many many people have said... Microsoft owns the rights to ME1. If you want ME1 play it on PC or xbox. If you are set on PS3 then deal with it.

JamesStone:

ecoho:

JamesStone:
"So how do you expect us to buy your game and live the full experience if you are denying us the choice of Sheppardīs actions in ME1? It would be rather stupid."
"Well, you can have a free comic book, that will allow you to make the important decisions on ME1"
"Thanks Bioware"

Now we get the news that ME1 will matter to Mass Effect 3, and not just the big stuff, the little ones as well.
The PS3 version assumed that we didnīt do any assigment in the original events, so there are some things missing (I.e. no message related to whatever is the Commanderīs background, many assigments striped, like that one with the fan, Conrad Verner I think, that allowed you to get a discount at a weapons shop at Illium, many characters gone, an asari named Rana something in Korlus, other one in Illium named Shiala, Captain Kirrahe is assumed death no matter wich squadmate you save, and even alter the news a little, the most remarkable being the assumption that we let the biotic attack append in Sirta Fundations headquarters, when we could save it in ME1 with a special assigment, and this stupid list could go on and on)

Not so much of a big deal in 2, because there isnīt really much game impact, but think about the repercutions in ME3. Kirraheīs death must have affected something, seeing is high post in the STG, and things that I canīt even imagine might append.

Bioware should do something. Releasing a patch that assumed that you did the assigments, with the Paragorn/Renegade choices being decided by the choices in the main events, modifing a bit their comic, Mass Effect Genisis, or heck, even going as far as re-releasing ME1 in the PS3. I know me and a big group of PS3 nerds would buy it.

Whatever Bioware decides to do, they should do something, because if they donīt, I will buy Mass Effect 3 for PS3, but pirate it and the other 2 games for PC. But now Iīm just talking to much.
So, what do you think it should be done, Escapists?

ok just to settle one of your fears Kirrahe dies no matter who you save but his squad survives. personally if you care that much go to a pawn shop pick up a 360 for at most $100(or hell but one from gamestop online)and play the first game.

But if you go see the ME wikia, you see that they say:"Kirrahe will appear in Mass Effect 3 provided he survived the events of Mass Effect 1."
Not only that but I have a friend that is in America that says that he saved Kirrahe in is Mass Effect game, so thatīs why I was intriged.

your friend is mistaken and the wiki is wrong. now your friend might just be confused but wiki is notorious for getting crap like this messed up i suggest you check out the forums on Bioware's web site.

prince_xedar:
ME1 can never be published on PS3 because of the contract with microsoft that expressly forbids it

Digitaldreamer7:
7Now that we have that out of the way, as many many many people have said... Microsoft owns the rights to ME1. If you want ME1 play it on PC or xbox. If you are set on PS3 then deal with it.

Microsoft merely has the publishing rights for ME1 on the XBox. Since ME1 has been published to the PC platform by EA, there is no real restriction for ME1 on the PS3.

It's just tech and lack of desire to work on it. It was tough enough getting ME1 to work on the Xbox, it would be really tough to back-port it to get it working with the PS3's set up. It's far easier to factor in all platforms from the beginning like they did with ME2 (and of course, ME3).

ecoho:
your friend is mistaken and the wiki is wrong. now your friend might just be confused but wiki is notorious for getting crap like this messed up i suggest you check out the forums on Bioware's web site.

Uh, no, it's totally possible to save Capt. Kirrahe, I've done it before. It depends on how many secondary objective facilities you destroy during the assault.

ThriKreen:

Katherine Ciesla:

There's only really two things:

A) Contractual reasons. Depends if the studio is owned by the publisher so they'd often only release on that console. Case in point: Sony->Naughty Dog for the Uncharted series, MS->Bungie for Halo. Or not, in the case of Bioware during ME1 Xbox 360 development, but since BW is now owned by EA, most releases now are multiplatform.

The usual process is, studio makes a pitch or demo to publisher, who will fund development of the game for presumably timed exclusive release of the game on their console of choice. Depending on the contract, the publisher might own the IP rights before (i.e. LucasArts for KOTOR), or after (maybe Guitar Hero as it went from Harmonix to Activision) or the studio will still own it (Bioware and ME).

Since EA owns Bioware now and published the ME1 PC version, we can safely say that Bioware retained the IP rights to the ME IP. And while I'm not privy to the contract details with MS, with the release on the PC by EA, it's probably a timed exclusive on the Xbox 360 platform, and thus not much is really restricted from porting it to the PS3.

B) Which leads to the only other issue, and that's the manpower and tech needed to port the game over. Obviously, we know the architecture is different for the Xbox 360 and PS3, and the UE3 engine tech for cross-platform porting wasn't as mature then for ME1 as it is for ME2, so it could be viewed as fragile and ultimately, might not be worth the effort.

I mean, having worked on ME1, I can say working on a new game (ME1) while the new engine used (UE3) was at the same time was being worked on by the developers (Epic) for their own game (Gears of War 1) for a semi-new console (XBox 360, Nov 2005) == not really very fun due to all the unknowns. ME was announced in Oct 2005, released Nov 2007, so one can guess dev started at least the year before. It's like trying to build a car, while also designing and driving it around at the same time - a lot of moving targets to get things working (and duct tape solutions ;)).

Safe to assume most of the reasons for not porting ME1 to the PS3 is a lot of people just don't want to revisit that, and would rather focus on the newer, improved stuff. Or back to the car analogy, try updating a DeLorean to be a hybrid/all electric - at some point it might be easier to just redesign it from the ground up instead, or buy a Chevy Volt.

Thank you. I did have a little trouble decoding some of the more technical parts of your answer, but I'm not anywhere near the industry myself except in my capacity as a long time consumer of their products (and visiting the Escapist/reading Game Informer, I suppose).

So, when all is said and sifted, it appears that the real barrier to getting a port of ME1 to the PS3 is cost - and a willingness to devote time to what amounts to rewiring an old car into solar powered even though it's being shown in a hovercraft showroom.

It's hard to argue with the cost reason in whatever form it takes, because, I think like most of us, I'm not willing to pay more for an older game to fund its renovation. Not in this economy anyway lol.

Then again, if they offered a complete "make all the choices from ME1" vehicle as some kind of additional paid content... a lot of people would snap it up for something reasonable - under $10 say. So, IF the companies did offer to port a game, but built in an extra cost factor into the release price - under $10 say - would that be sufficient to fund such a theoretical move? Has anyone done that, I wonder?

It still doesn't deal with the rewiring efforts and revisiting older things issue for the people involved in the actual work though.

Ah well. Thank you again for the answer, it has given me something to think about.

Hahaha you guys want to play mass effect 1? Then go buy a 360, simple as that =)

ThriKreen:

prince_xedar:

Digitaldreamer7:
7Now that we have that out of the way, as many many many people have said... Microsoft owns the rights to ME1. If you want ME1 play it on PC or xbox. If you are set on PS3 then deal with it.

Microsoft merely has the publishing rights for ME1 on the XBox. Since ME1 has been published to the PC platform by EA, there is no real restriction for ME1 on the PS3.

It's just tech and lack of desire to work on it. It was tough enough getting ME1 to work on the Xbox, it would be really tough to back-port it to get it working with the PS3's set up. It's far easier to factor in all platforms from the beginning like they did with ME2 (and of course, ME3).

ecoho:

Uh, no, it's totally possible to save Capt. Kirrahe, I've done it before. It depends on how many secondary objective facilities you destroy during the assault.

no its not i did everything you can do to make their mission easier and yours harder YOU CANT SAVE HIM!! also to your above comment MS owns the publishing rights to mass effect 1 it has nothing to do with laziness they legally cant make it for the PS3 and btw if you didn't know MS has built and supported PCs for quite i few years so yeah that's why it was able to be published on PC.

ecoho:

ThriKreen:

prince_xedar:

Digitaldreamer7:

ecoho:

no its not i did everything you can do to make their mission easier and yours harder YOU CANT SAVE HIM!! also to your above comment MS owns the publishing rights to mass effect 1 it has nothing to do with laziness they legally cant make it for the PS3 and btw if you didn't know MS has built and supported PCs for quite i few years so yeah that's why it was able to be published on PC.

He's a former Bioware Dev. He worked on the game, so you know. >.>

ThriKreen:

So you keep saying, and yet I don't see any proof provided by you. On the other hand, I've seen various article around the net about how Microsoft actually does has console publishing rights for ME1 (not just 360, but any console).

So I'm going to have to ask you to please provide some sources to back up this claim you keep making, otherwise I'm going to have to stick with the far more obvious "Microsoft won't let the game come to PS3" answer.

Erana:

ecoho:

ThriKreen:

He's a former Bioware Dev. He worked on the game, so you know. >.>

cant find a vid of the bastard living so hell need to post before i back track as to the publishing rights thing hes dead wrong that's a fact and part of public record MS owns the publishing rights period for mass effect 1.

Look it's the ghost of Kirrahe: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkiYCssRrOs

chaosyoshimage:

StBishop:

chaosyoshimage:

Yes, but plenty of Bioware fans already bought Mass Effect on both 360 and PC. There's not enough to be gained by buying the publishing rights just to release it on PS3.

Not enough fans have only a PS3 to warrant that investment. I mean sure if it were just a matter of releasing it, I'm sure it'd have been done by now, but they would need to invest a large sum in buying the rights off of Microsoft and the money they'll recoup on sales won't be high enough.

nah i don't think it will matter that much. if you made choices in comic i think you covered on major stuff and i think what you did in me2 will have more impact on me3 that me1.

ecoho:

JamesStone:

ecoho:

ok just to settle one of your fears Kirrahe dies no matter who you save but his squad survives. personally if you care that much go to a pawn shop pick up a 360 for at most $100(or hell but one from gamestop online)and play the first game.

It is not only right (I already checked on a friendīs PC) but the wikia give plain instructions in how to do it. So, if a bunch of people did it mods free and if the moderators didnīt erase it (Iīve tried to put false information and it was erased 30 minutes later) it is because itīs possible. Also, check the thread with the video, I think youīll find it enlighting. Just saying.

Digitaldreamer7:

JamesStone:
"Thanks Bioware"

Entitled much?

First off Bioware didn't have to release ANYTHING on PS3, they could have just said "if you want mass effect you have to play it on PC or xbox 360." So instead of whining about it, be happy that it came to your preferred console at all. Now that we have that out of the way, as many many many people have said... Microsoft owns the rights to ME1. If you want ME1 play it on PC or xbox. If you are set on PS3 then deal with it.

Oh, ok, so just because I am a PS3 player I canīt feel that I deserve the full experience?
Itīs because the PC is sacred or is it because xbox 360 is holy? Good points I tell ya. Really great!

StBishop:

chaosyoshimage:

StBishop:

Yes, but plenty of Bioware fans already bought Mass Effect on both 360 and PC. There's not enough to be gained by buying the publishing rights just to release it on PS3.

Not enough fans have only a PS3 to warrant that investment. I mean sure if it were just a matter of releasing it, I'm sure it'd have been done by now, but they would need to invest a large sum in buying the rights off of Microsoft and the money they'll recoup on sales won't be high enough.

Yeah, youīre probably right (Sincerity), Mass Effect 1 would be hard to adapt to PS3 thanks to the cross-platforms limitations. And almost no-one would buy the game for PS3, because it would be necessary to charge at least like 29.99 bucks to get their money back, and it would be silly because the PC games costs 9.99 or less. But I think that they should adapt the comic, like

(***MINOR SPOILERS***)

add Zhuīs Hope part, and during that part let us choose if Shiala and the other one live or die, add the choice to see who goes with captain Kirrahe in Virmire and if you save that one (Ashley or Kaidan) Kirrahe lives, and maybe make the game think that we completed all the assigments in ME1.

(***END SPOILERS***)

I know it will probably never happend but hey, itīs a forum, just giving my opinion.

JamesStone:

Oh, ok, so just because I am a PS3 player I canīt feel that I deserve the full experience?
Itīs because the PC is sacred or is it because xbox 360 is holy? Good points I tell ya. Really great!

The real question is why do you think you are entitled to the full experience? If you wanted the full mass effect experience mabey you should have you know bought a 360 and played the game on it. Dont bitch and moan because Bioware decided to put mass effect 2 on the ps3.

SgtFoley:

JamesStone:

The real question is why do you think you are entitled to the full experience? If you wanted the full mass effect experience mabey you should have you know bought a 360 and played the game on it. Dont bitch and moan because Bioware decided to put mass effect 2 on the ps3.

Because I paid 69.99 bucks to play what was called the "full Mass Effect experience" on PS3.
So why shouldnīt I have the right to complain if I paid probably the same that many PC and xbox 360 paid to play the games. So yes, I think I deserve the full experience, but maybe Iīm just a poor old PS3 gamer that isn't intitled to anything because I pick a diferent console.

JamesStone:

Because I paid 69.99 bucks to play what was called the "full Mass Effect experience" on PS3.
So why shouldnīt I have the right to complain if I paid probably the same that many PC and xbox 360 paid to play the games. So yes, I think I deserve the full experience, but maybe Iīm just a poor old PS3 gamer that isn't intitled to anything because I pick a diferent console.

You got the full Mass Effect 2 experience that you paid for. You also got a comic book that allowed you to choose certain major decisions that took place in the first game. You got the "full experience" you paid for and now you are crying because you want more. Besides that you are actually bitching because of rumors that you heard on a wiki.

SgtFoley:

JamesStone:

You got the full Mass Effect 2 experience that you paid for. You also got a comic book that allowed you to choose certain major decisions that took place in the first game. You got the "full experience" you paid for and now you are crying because you want more. Besides that you are actually bitching because of rumors that you heard on a wiki.

No, actually Iīm "bitching" about "rumors" that were said by the actual people who are making the game. They really are in the mood for tricking us hein?
And Mass Effect is not so much a trilogy but one game split up in three, so if you lose a part of that experience youīre losing the full experience, like starting to see Star Wars from episode 2 (original trilogy). Yeah, you could rely only in those text scrolls to learn what you need to know from the 1st movie, but you would be missing the integral part of the experience.
I already gave up of the ideia "re-release ME1 in the PS3" because of all the problems that would arrive to Bioware and EA, but "upgrading" the comic to what I already sujested in two replies would be enough, and maybe even better than releasing the game again. Hell, charge like 5 bucks for every new copy and a lot of PS3 players would be willing to buy.

ecoho:

Well...I've saved him six times now somehow then.

Here's what you do, starting at the beginning of the Virmire assault:
-Stay to the right until you get to the first building. You clear the area of Geth and head up the ramp and find a terminal. Use it and you deactivate the enemy communications.

-Now move forward and you'll come upon another building. There's a satellite dish on the very top of the building you can shoot and destroy to take down its uplink.

-Head towards the walkway that extends from the second building (where you just destroyed the satellite). Head right the first time the walkway splits. Then turn left at the next circular platform. You'll come upon some Geth Rocket and Assault Drones. Destroy them all. You're then notified that you've taken down all the flyers.

-Move forward again. You'll get to the breeding facility soon enough. There are two ways inside: one on the same level as the walkway and one that goes under and around to the back of the facility (you can take this way to avoid some fighting). Take the top entrance and you'll find another terminal. Use it and you're given a choice: disable the facilities alarm or don't. If you disable them, then enemies won't be alerted to your presence and will instead leave to fight Kirrahe's squad. If you don't disable the alarms, you'll have to fight those enemies yourself. Don't disable them if you want Kirrahe to survive.

-Finally, you need to save the squad member (Ashley or Kaiden) who you sent with Kirrahe in order to be able to pick the captain up. This means you don't save the squad member who is with the bomb. After you do this, Kirrahe will be in the Normandy hangar bay until you dock on the Citadel again. A few members of his team (including the merchant who was in his camp) will be with him.

And that's how you do it.

DustyDrB:

ecoho:

Well...I've saved him six times now somehow then.

Here's what you do, starting at the beginning of the Virmire assault:
-Stay to the right until you get to the first building. You clear the area of Geth and head up the ramp and find a terminal. Use it and you deactivate the enemy communications.

-Now move forward and you'll come upon another building. There's a satellite dish on the very top of the building you can shoot and destroy to take down its uplink.

-Head towards the walkway that extends from the second building (where you just destroyed the satellite). Head right the first time the walkway splits. Then turn left at the next circular platform. You'll come upon some Geth Rocket and Assault Drones. Destroy them all. You're then notified that you've taken down all the flyers.

-Move forward again. You'll get to the breeding facility soon enough. There are two ways inside: one on the same level as the walkway and one that goes under and around to the back of the facility (you can take this way to avoid some fighting). Take the top entrance and you'll find another terminal. Use it and you're given a choice: disable the facilities alarm or don't. If you disable them, then enemies won't be alerted to your presence and will instead leave to fight Kirrahe's squad. If you don't disable the alarms, you'll have to fight those enemies yourself. Don't disable them if you want Kirrahe to survive.

-Finally, you need to save the squad member (Ashley or Kaiden) who you sent with Kirrahe in order to be able to pick the captain up. This means you don't save the squad member who is with the bomb. After you do this, Kirrahe will be in the Normandy hangar bay until you dock on the Citadel again. A few members of his team (including the merchant who was in his camp) will be with him.

And that's how you do it.

ok now im confused i did all this and hes still dead maybe its a glitch in my game if so i apologize to you JamesStone he is meant to survive but my game just has his LT live /shrug

JamesStone:

ecoho:

JamesStone:

It is not only right (I already checked on a friendīs PC) but the wikia give plain instructions in how to do it. So, if a bunch of people did it mods free and if the moderators didnīt erase it (Iīve tried to put false information and it was erased 30 minutes later) it is because itīs possible. Also, check the thread with the video, I think youīll find it enlighting. Just saying.

There are certainly a lot of things missed out in the comic (like the whole of Feros), but I think Bioware would have chosen all the major decisions to put in. It's probably better to get the first game on PC or Xbox, but I don't have enough money to upgrade my PC to actually run Mass Effect 2 or buy an Xbox 360.

JamesStone:

I already gave up of the ideia "re-release ME1 in the PS3" because of all the problems that would arrive to Bioware and EA, but "upgrading" the comic to what I already sujested in two replies would be enough, and maybe even better than releasing the game again. Hell, charge like 5 bucks for every new copy and a lot of PS3 players would be willing to buy.

ME2 is already released, they're focusing on ME3 now considering it's their next big release.

They would rerelease ME1 if they could but it would be a cold day in hell before Microsoft would let a game they published on the PS3, and considering they own the rights to it it's staying on the 360 and Windows.

It would be nice is Bioware did something in Mass Effect 3 to fix this, but don't hold your breath. Yes, it's not that big of a deal but it is annoying, not having any control over the small (and possibly very interesting) outcomes. Your best bet is to upgrade/buy a decent enough PC and play them all through

I've only played ME2 on the PS3 and I honestly thought the graphic novel prequel was an excellent solution. I had no problems with it. Got you up to speed and gave your character a decent ME1 background.

If for ME3 they only take into account your ME2 choices and the ones made in the novel, again I'd have no problem with it.

What I would not like is that PS3 gets a different experience because PC and Xbox versions take into account far more variables from previous game experiences than the PS3 version. Still, even then I think it's unlikely I'd notice it, since, as said, I've only played ME2.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked