Diablo 3 secret level: Ponies

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Datamined by the people at mmo-champion, it is believed that similar to how diablo 2 had the secret cow level that diablo 3 will have a secret pony level called The Pinnacle of Ponies.

This is only datamined material and has not been confirmed by blizzard but I thought this was something interesting and also considering how many pony fanatics are on this forum they would get a kick from this.

source: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/2436-Heroic-Ragnaros-Nerf-Diablo-3-Data-Secret-Level-TCG-Artwork

(you can ignore the other stuff you if you want and scroll down)

This is what was found

Battle For Ponies
The battle for ponies is about to begin.
The Pinnacle of Ponies Event
Ponies_HopePrison - Hope's Prison
PoniesPurificationTimer - Purification Timer
Bridle_Ponies - Bridle

Edit: more info here http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/09/pony-references-in-diablo-3-secret.html

Eh, I am not convinced. It would be cool if this turned out to be true, though.

The references that may be interesting are the names of the bosses.

TentacleHorse - Rainbow Western (Rainbow Dash?)
Unique_TentacleHorse_A - Midnight Sparkle (Twilight Sparkle?)
TentacleHorse_B_Unique - Nightmarity (Rarity?)
Unique_TentacleHorse_A - Nightmare is Magic (Friendship is Magic?)
Unique_TentacleHorse_B - Generosity in Death (wait what?)

What I wrote in the () are what I think it could be references to.

But it may just turn out to be rumors though.

Am I the only one wondering if this is at all related to that My Little Ponies: Friendship is Magic show?

ThunderCavalier:
Am I the only one wondering if this is at all related to that My Little Ponies: Friendship is Magic show?

Nope, this was featured on EqD yesterday.
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/09/pony-references-in-diablo-3-secret.html

God I really don't like that show.

It's having way too big of an effect on nerd culture in general. I don't think our culture could be taken less seriously in the eyes of outsiders, but I'll be damned if it sure doesn't seem like you guys are trying your best to make that happen.

Killerowl:

TentacleHorse - Rainbow Western (Rainbow X Applejack)
Unique_TentacleHorse_A - Midnight Sparkle (Luna X Twilight)
TentacleHorse_B_Unique - Nightmarity (Nightmare Moon X Rarity)
Unique_TentacleHorse_B - Generosity in Death (Rarity... Something)

It could be just regular ponies.

Or it could be ponies of the magical friendship variety.

Either way, a Bisonyes.wav for this news. Alright Blizzard!

TheJesus89:

It's having way too big of an effect on nerd culture in general. I don't think our culture could be taken less seriously in the eyes of outsiders, but I'll be damned if it sure doesn't seem like you guys are trying your best to make that happen.

This made me laugh , because your right .

Easton Dark:

nope it has to do with the show

I knew we'd gotten big, but I never imagined we'd come this far. If a major developer like Blizzard is putting Friendship is Magic references into their game...well, that's no small thing.

I hope this is fake. Saw the whole show and it does not deserve any sort of obsession that it gets. Especially in a game I'll be playing >:(

Definitely seems plausible. Blizzard is always putting pop/geek-culture references in their games (Well, since WoW anyways), and, like it or not, My Little Ponies is disgustingly popular. This definitely seems like something Blizz would do. I'd probably get a kick out of it, and I don't even like My Little Pony.

TheJesus89:

Nerd culture should be taken seriously because of the kind of things it likes?

My Little Pony isn't the only thing from the 80's making geeks look damn silly.

Didn't Torchlight do the secret horse stage in homage to the cow level or somesuch?

Erana:

TheJesus89:

Nobody cares about the My Little Ponies from the 80's. The only one people constantly cream over is the modern reboot.

So there isn't even a nostalgia factor in play here. He-Man, I can understand. This, however, goes beyond pure nerdom.

TheJesus89:

Erana:

TheJesus89:

Nobody cares about the My Little Ponies from the 80's. The only one people constantly cream over is the modern reboot.

So there isn't even a nostalgia factor in play here. He-Man, I can understand. This, however, goes beyond pure nerdom.

You missed the point.

If you expect nerds to be taken seriously for what they like, then you're completely missing the point of being a nerd.
I mean, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? Pokemon? Lolcats?

Nerds embrace things that they find fun, regardless of whether society says its cool to like it or not. Seriousness isn't involved in the equation.

If you don't like Ponies, fine. But don't go making excuses like "its ruining nerd culture," or something. Just stick with your personal feelings and don't give a damn about what other people think.

Aidinthel:
I knew we'd gotten big, but I never imagined we'd come this far. If a major developer like Blizzard is putting Friendship is Magic references into their game...well, that's no small thing.

Except that Blizzard has been doing references to almost everything imaginable since WoW.

And I'm not in favour of this. Either have a great idea to do a secret level, or do nothing. These fucking ponies are not a great idea.

Fawcks:

Killerowl:

I was trying to keep it simple! xD

And I just wanted to poke fun of the "Generosity in Death", seriously, what the what? What kind of boss is that?

Someone did the the same comparison on EqD too.

Not to aggravate the Bronies out there but really? Can we please stop with the damn ponies for a little. Seems like where ever I go its ponies this and ponies that. Come on people lets leave it out of the video games.

I really hope this is fake. If you do this Blizzard, actually, wait a second.
If ponies are in the game, that means... I CAN SLAUGHTER THEM. HELL YES!!

Bring it Blizzard.

Tentacle horses, eh? I'm imagining sort of equine displacer beasts...

Doesn't bode well for my ideal world, where this level would just be Blizzard trolling the people who complained about the D3 art style way back when. It would be cel-shaded and mostly pink.

Great. There goes any chance of me playing Diablo 3.

Killerowl:

Fawcks:

Killerowl:

I was trying to keep it simple! xD

And I just wanted to poke fun of the "Generosity in Death", seriously, what the what? What kind of boss is that?

Someone did the the same comparison on EqD too.

You know, the general kind of boss.... that are generous enough to leave lots of loot when they die?

Alistair.

GreatTeacherCAW:

Over-reacting much, are we?

Loop Stricken:

GreatTeacherCAW:

Over-reacting much, are we?

Not really. Besides, I wasn't being serious. I love Diablo. I'll just completely skip that mission if possible. Plus it is like someone above me pointed out - there would be a strong possibility of spilling their pony blood all over the map.

Killerowl:
The references that may be interesting are the names of the bosses.

TentacleHorse - Rainbow Western (Rainbow Dash?)
Unique_TentacleHorse_A - Midnight Sparkle (Twilight Sparkle?)
TentacleHorse_B_Unique - Nightmarity (Rarity?)
Unique_TentacleHorse_B - Generosity in Death (wait what?)

What I wrote in the () are what I think it could be references to.

But it may just turn out to be rumors though.

jp201:

Easton Dark:

nope it has to do with the show

Good bye, Blizzard! We've had a nice run with a couple of your games, but we here at Vamantha INC think our money would be better placed elsewhere. Someplace where My Little Pony doesn't exist. I hope that show dies in a fire soon...

Let's assume for a second this is true...why are people complaining? This is something that pleases both parties. The Bronies get their Ponies, and the Non Bronies/Bronie Haters get to disembowel them. What manner of Bronie Hater hasn't considered disemboweling a Pony before now? And Blizzard are supplying your wish on demand?

...How does this qualify to bitch and moan about? I'd have thought more people would be happy O.O

So... thereisnoponylevel?

Erana:

TheJesus89:

Erana:

You missed the point.

If you expect nerds to be taken seriously for what they like, then you're completely missing the point of being a nerd.
I mean, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? Pokemon? Lolcats?

Nerds embrace things that they find fun, regardless of whether society says its cool to like it or not. Seriousness isn't involved in the equation.

If you don't like Ponies, fine. But don't go making excuses like "its ruining nerd culture," or something. Just stick with your personal feelings and don't give a damn about what other people think.

I can second this. I spent my life so far being a nerd. I have been a social outcast and seen as strange as most people around me simply because of the things I like are so different than everyone elses interests. I am open, online and IRL about my enjoyment of ponies, even my girlfriend laughed at me at first before she actually sat down and watched it... Now we have pictures on the wall with ponies together with our other stuff. :)

Nerd-culture (for me at least) is the very essence of being random. Do not rule anything out simply because of how it looks. But nerd-culture is also about selection, you do not have to like everything or be a part of everything in that culture (like with any other culture), but you cannot claim that a specific thing is ruining it.

I am a brony and I enjoy this. I will get to slaughter twisted version of the things I love, what is not to like? :)

I do not expect to be taken seriously because of the things I like, I expect to be taken seriously because I stand by what I like and do not hide it.

...Blast. If this is actually true, they've got my money back.

They better leave Rarity alone.

If it turns out to be true, those cupcake fanfictions are nothing...

It's not like this sort of thing is unusual for Blizzard. All that WoW text no one ever reads is lousy with congealed Internet ephemera, and even the more staid Starcraft had popular culture references crammed into every available crevice.

In retrospect, it would be odd if Diablo didn't contain ponies.

ponies? diablo 3?
ponies + Diablo3
OMG PONIES DIABLO 3

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked