Weapon of choice

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

So there's not that much explaining to do for this thread. What would your chosen weapon be if you could have one from any game. Any game ever. That's right. Ever. And why?

I would probably have to choose the Crossbow from Bioshock. It's not overly powerful or amazingly magical, it's just a nice little weapon, fun and easy. Although if its anything like the normal crossbows it'd be a real pain to reload :P

The identity Disc from TRON 2.0. I remember when Monolith made good innovative games with a side serve of humour, not that FEAR crap.

What about the deadly ones ?

Chicago Typewriter from RE4.

Or, if I'm feeling fun, Mega Buster!

I'd likely go for L4D2's AK47. It sounds nice, it's accurate, it looks badass, it's powerful, it's not too spammy while still being useful as an automatic, and it's quick to reload.

"My natural charm is only gettin' me so far! When out of the black, I see the shape of a CROWBAR!

A crowbar, of course.

TestECull:
I'd likely go for L4D2's AK47. It sounds nice, it's accurate, it looks badass, it's powerful, it's not too spammy while still being useful as an automatic, and it's quick to reload.

Completely opposite of the real-life AK47.

---

I would choose a lightsaber as most would.

Delsana:

TestECull:

Lolwut? You believe those myths?

Delsana:

TestECull:

---

Why? It's an absurdly sharp blade that's pretty useless unless you have force powers.

Also, I choose BFG9000.

Knife. About a foot long, slight, scimitar curve. Pretty little thing.

Green Lantern power ring. Provided I have the will power to actually use it.

oda nobunaga's cape from devil kings(sengoku basara

A federation issue rifle, those things have no recoil at all with decent RoF, perfect for a stumbling bafoon like myself who cant handle a real weapon.

BFG9000 forever man.

Various flavours of lightning!

Is Skynet and it's army of cyborgs considered a weapon ? :)

JesterRaiin:

Meh, the fury of the Zerg swarm laughs at your puny cyborgs!

TestECull:

Delsana:

TestECull:

So have either of you actually fired an automatic AK47? Personally I found it a decent light-weight rifle but it lacked quality. Also, comparing it to other models, the 47's firing capacity/power wasn't satisfactory. But they're reliable enough and cheap so I guess most under-funded factions can't complain.

My personal opinion mind you. I'll let you two continue where you left off.

I personally would love to own a Heckler-Koch HK G36 assault rifle. If you have no idea what that is... Fucking awesome. Google that shit. Sure the rounds are smaller but the rotating bolt on this kitten is gorgeous. Yeah, fuck the AK. Go HK. Them Germans don't fuck around.

The 10mm Pulse rifle from AVP. Quick, clean and has Incendiary Ammo

The BFG-9000.

Usually insta-kills everything. 'Twas a beauty of a gun.

TestECull:

Delsana:

TestECull:

It's not a myth... I know that from people who've used them.

It's more spray and pray.

The dagger from Prince of Persia Sands of Time. Affecting time is awesome... Add in the fact that I actually know how to use a dagger in combat... Oh yeah..

Mauser Karabiner 98 Kurz, or Mosin Nagant 1891/30.

Nothing sweeter than dowining an enemy with a well placed single shot. Especially when they're spraing in your general direction with a MP40/PaPaSha41, or GW41/SVT40.

The MG34 and DP28 come as a shared close second.

does the MAD CAT MKII mech from mechwarrior 4 count as a weapon? cause if it does then that's my choice.

whatever weapon banishes all other weapons and brings about world peace, duh
or maybe an aug...

The hellfire a sub machine gun with super accuracy,incendiary bullets, and a flamethrower attachment. It's from time shift, the game wasn't that great but it had some awesome weapons, in fact my runner up is the crossbow from that game, awesomely named the Thunder Bolt, the crossbow is auto loading and its bolts explode a short time after sticking into an enemy, just long enough for them to think "WTF... aww shit"

Check it in action http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngFMFl24ukQ the player in this vid is a noob but it's the only vid of the gun.

The lightsaber. A elegant weapon for a more civilised age.

Melta gun from Warhammer 40k. It's useful against pretty much ANYTHING.

Heppenfeph:
Green Lantern power ring. Provided I have the will power to actually use it.

crazyfoxdemon:
The dagger from Prince of Persia Sands of Time. Affecting time is awesome... Add in the fact that I actually know how to use a dagger in combat... Oh yeah..

On the subject of time, the TMD from Singularity sounds good, even if I've never played the game.

With the release of Space Marine, a Bolt Pistol is now beyond a doubt a possibility. Sure, the recoil might be insane, but it would be fun as hell to fire. (If they don't have recoil, make that a full-blown Bolter.) Hell, pretty much any 40K gun would be deadly IRL, if you could hold it. I'd like a Tau rifle, or possibly a Gauss Flayer.

My best pick, however, would be one of the handguns from Mass Effect. Can shoot thousands of rounds, seem to fold up pretty small and work forever provided you don't overheat them. I like the Predator, Carnifex and Locust from ME2, but those use "thermal clips".

Rol3x:
A federation issue rifle, those things have no recoil at all with decent RoF, perfect for a stumbling bafoon like myself who cant handle a real weapon.

You'll be fine as long as you're the only one firing. Just remember the Storm Trooper Theory: The more people firing, the shittier their collective aim is.

As for my WoC, I'd have to go with the Nano Rifle from Red Faction: Guerrilla. That thing was insanely useful for shredding anything, everything, and everyone at long range.

reCaptcha: and noticati

Delsana:

TestECull:

Delsana:

It's not a myth... I know that from people who've used them.

It's more spray and pray.

I suppose if you're expecting an automatic assault rifle to get a perfect between-the-eyes at 600yd it's gonna seem to be a random pile of arse and recoil. Mostly because, at that range, that's what it is. But they're perfectly accurate out to 250-300yds if you don't sit there and spam bullets like a moron, perfectly acceptable accuracy for the type of weapon they are.

I've played a lot of Space Marine lately, so I'm going with Thunder Hammer, preferably combined with a jetpack.

gostchiken:

JesterRaiin:

Meh, the fury of the Zerg swarm laughs at your puny cyborgs!

Molon Labe ! Molon Labe !

Delsana:

TestECull:

---

lol. No...it is totally a POS weapon definitely not loved for it's capabilities lol.

OT: Translocator From Unreal. I would just leave one at home or wherever and when in trouble POOF! gone.

Also Telefrag.

jawakiller:
I personally would love to own a Heckler-Koch HK G36 assault rifle. If you have no idea what that is... Fucking awesome. Google that shit. Sure the rounds are smaller but the rotating bolt on this kitten is gorgeous. Yeah, fuck the AK. Go HK. Them Germans don't fuck around.

Didn't they shove that Rotating bolt in a M4 and call it the M416. I've heard good things about that rifle, and it looks dead shmexy. Never liked the look of the G36, although I do like the functionality of the Polymer-translucent magazine.

jawakiller:
So have either of you actually fired an automatic AK47? Personally I found it a decent light-weight rifle but it lacked quality. Also, comparing it to other models, the 47's firing capacity/power wasn't satisfactory. But they're reliable enough and cheap so I guess most under-funded factions can't complain.

What do you want out of a 60 year old weapon? The updated versions are probably a bit better in most aspects.

Honestly, how much military hardware is still used 60 years down the line?

I'm a fan the the AN-94, what the Russians use now. The two shot burst where both the bullets leave the barrel before you can feel the recoil gives an interesting advantage. If I'm hitting you, I'm hitting you twice.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked