is dark souls harder than demon's souls?
yes
50% (3)
50% (3)
about the same
33.3% (2)
33.3% (2)
no way, its easier than demon's souls
16.7% (1)
16.7% (1)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: how do you think dark souls compares to demon's souls

so i only played dark souls for an hour or two tonight and i gotta say, the game destroyed me. i never found demon's souls to be that hard except for a few sections. but playing dark souls, i died several times just playing the tutorial level. i dont know, its been a while since i played demon's souls so i could just be out of practice, but i do remember hearing that they wanted to make the game harder.

anyway what do you think, is the game harder, about the same, or maybe even easier than demon's souls?

While I haven't played Dark Souls. Demon's Souls' difficulty was blown way out of proportion, the only difficult part was False King.
What I've seen of Dark Souls so far does look a bit harder than Demon's, a lot more heavily armored enemies with large swords.

imahobbit4062:
While I haven't played Dark Souls. Demon's Souls' difficulty was blown way out of proportion, the only difficult part was False King.
What I've seen of Dark Souls so far does look a bit harder than Demon's, a lot more heavily armored enemies with large swords.

False king was easy

Thief ring + poison cloud ftw

Flame lurker was by far the hardest I would say

I should have Dark souls tomorrow (im in UK) il post again after I play it a bit

in Demon's Souls I had to play really careful through out the whole game in Dark Souls I'm playing a little more carefree and other than bosses I seldom get killed

advice for noobs:
LEARN HOW TO BLOCK, DODGE, AND PARRY
any other class than Thief with Pendant gift is a waste!
You can find EVERY gift except for Pendant.
buy a repair box ASAP!
don't rest at every bonfire you find think carefully of what surrounds you
Classes are UNIMPORTANT it doesn't matter what class you choose how you build the character is up to you, the only reason I recommend Thief class is because you get Master Key with starting gear, so basically this means you can get 2 gifts. Master Key + Pendant
don't discard anything! even bait and pile of junk is usable at different points

I wouldn't know.

I'm a dirty European gamer who has to wait until Friday to play the game (hopefully it arrives in the post tommorow).

Already know my starting class though. Thief, mostly because you can get two items that you can't obtain anywhere else.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked