What animals has Pokemon not done?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Button beetles. When the females cannot find a proper male, they can produce a dwarf male that they mate with to produce effectively cloned daughters, then they eat him. This would make for an awesome (if X-rated) pokemon.

(O' awesome and mighty censor deity of the forums this was a joke, please see the humor and deem it fit, so we pray)

interspark:
[quote="itchcrotch" post="9.316743.12881361
well then... what abooouuut... an rhinoceros?[/quote]
[image]http://guidesmedia.ign.com/guides/9846/images/rhyhorn.gif[/image]

i think they've pretty much done every SPECIES of animal, if you're going to be picky and specify certain kinds of fish and insect then they're going to need several BILLION pokemon before they're done

Dude thats exactly what species are. Current estimates are around 8.7 million species. Pokemon haven't even covered every genus, family, order, class or phylum of the kingdom animalia.

Yopaz:

itchcrotch:

spectrenihlus:
Oh come on you know who it is big hint. earth generation 1.

damnit! now i remember!
sigh... okay... hm... what aboooooouuuuuuut... a walrus!

Such as Walrein?

I can't really remember seeing a spider or a sea cucumber.

Ariados for the spider as well as it's 1st form and some gen 5's that I don't know.

Josh Horton:

Triangulon:

Josh Horton:

Hasn't been done yet but someone created their own :P

http://joshkh92.deviantart.com/art/Puffin-Pokemon-214014757

That is brilliant!

On the subject of birds, I'm pretty sure there's no egret or heron. How about a diving beetle?

Well looking under the origins, Moltres was loosely based on a heron

As for your diving beetle, this looks like the closest one, with the exception of the horn and color lol... http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Karrablast_%28Pok%C3%A9mon%29

Dunno what you think

I'll buy Moltres. Not the 'beetle' though. These guys are badass. Hunt and kill newts and small fish.

higgs20:

TheAztec:
I'm pretty sure they haven't done ManBearPig...

does this count?

Well, in pokemon Quartz.... image

Oh, and by the way, Sandshrew is a MOUSE, The whole Elektross line is based off of lampreys,
Spinarak, Araidos, and Galvantula are all spiders, and Woobat is based off of the cutest thing ever. image

godfist88:
they haven't tried a T-Rex Yet.

how about palkia?

I'm not up to date with Pokemon, but what about a giraffe?

TheAztec:
I'm pretty sure they haven't done ManBearPig...

Emboar? Not much bear, but 2/3 ain't bad.

There are a ton of different breeds of felines and canines for Gamefreak to tap yet. Plenty of insects and plants to go, and a few more bulbasaur-esque animal/plant mutants make for brand new pokemon. A lion is fine by itself, but if you stick wings/horns/scales/whatever on it, suddenly we have new pokemon again.

And Gamefreak is plenty creative. What are most (read: MOST) of the 5th gen legendaries based on, after all? Nothing, that's what. Original designs abounds.

Torrasque:

Raptor probably won't be done until next gen. They always have ~2 prehistoric animals a gen.

darthmason0719:
Giraffe?

Giraffe: Girafarig, the only pokemon to have a name spelled the same backwards (forget the name for that)

*cough* Ho-oh *cough*

Cogwheel:
Clearly, we need something considerably more alien and horrifying.

I suggest a lamprey.

Already done. Eelektross. Here's a picture of it enjoying some Nutella.

WNxpearce:
elephant? (and, no, donphan/fanfy do not count in this case)

how do they not count?

Mamoswine

I'm going to go with a Wombat ... I don't know pokemon.

Have they made a pokémon of a Glaucus Atlanticus yet?

Arqus_Zed:
Have they made a pokémon of a Glaucus Atlanticus yet?

I dont know what the shit that thing is (even if it is real or not) but thats one of the most amazing looking animals I've ever seen.

ookie37:
palendrome
i.e U.F.O. tofu, we panic in a pew, oozy rat in a sanitary zoo, may a moody baby doom a yam?
couple of my faves. :D

The only palindromic Pokémon name so far is Girafarig, I think. Although even that's only in exports, I think it's called something like Kirinriki in the Japanese.

OT: how's bout... Daddy long-legs? (Known, I think, in the US as crane flies, but we in the UK found that simple name inadequate for some bizarre reason)

To my knowledge there's no Parrot, Squid or Secretary Bird Pokemon

They've done clownfish, lumineon (possibly it's pre-ev I get the two mixed up) is.

I can't think of one they haven't done off the top of my head, but there must be one as there are only 600ish pokemon and thousands/millions of animal species.

snappydog:

ookie37:
palendrome
i.e U.F.O. tofu, we panic in a pew, oozy rat in a sanitary zoo, may a moody baby doom a yam?

The only palindromic Pokémon name so far is Girafarig, I think. Although even that's only in exports, I think it's called something like Kirinriki in the Japanese.

OT: how's bout... Daddy long-legs? (Known, I think, in the US as crane flies, but we in the UK found that simple name inadequate for some bizarre reason)

c10:

Torrasque:

Raptor probably won't be done until next gen. They always have ~2 prehistoric animals a gen.

darthmason0719:
Giraffe?

Giraffe: Girafarig, the only pokemon to have a name spelled the same backwards (forget the name for that)

*cough* Ho-oh *cough*

^ Again

c10:

snappydog:

ookie37:
palendrome

c10:

Torrasque:

Raptor probably won't be done until next gen. They always have ~2 prehistoric animals a gen.Giraffe: Girafarig, the only pokemon to have a name spelled the same backwards (forget the name for that)

*cough* Ho-oh *cough*

^ Again

Whoops. Thinking about it, there could be more in the Japanese, but I wouldn't know about it.

Avalanche91:

Hedgehog

Shaymin Land form is based on the hedgehog.

A bit more emphasis on hedge, but still.

I want to see the following animals turn into Pokemon-

Peacock
A chick evolve into rooster or hen (Gender base). Yes Blaziken sort of count but I want to see a flying/ fighting not fire/ fighting.
Fire ant (yes Durant count but it isn't a fire type)
Velociraptor
Stegosaurus
Honet (Ok Beedrill or that honey bee Pokemon count butI want to see a cool looking honet Pokemon).
Panther
Liger (Luxray sort of count but more lion looking).
Koala
Red Panda
Dung Beetle

Ocelot? I have no idea...

subjectseven:
I'm not up to date with Pokemon, but what about a giraffe?

Done.

Aeshi:
To my knowledge there's no Parrot,

Done.

Aeshi:
Squid

Debatable but done. In generation 1 no less.

Aeshi:
or Secretary Bird Pokemon

Sort of done. Again, debatable. :P

How about a worm or a salamander?

have they done a chinchilla yet??

Ken_J:
A pretty self explanatory question.

The one's I can think of
Clownfish
Hamster
Komodo Dragon
Dolphin

Clownfish hasn't been donw (even though there are like hundreds of Water-types)
Hamster => Raticate (yeah, I know it's a rat, but it has hamster qualities)
Komodo Dragon => Groudon
Dolphin is another one that hasn't been done, unless you count Kyogre (which is more of an orca)

Just one word...

Gnarwhal.

Gnarwhal?

Gnarwhal!

"Gnarwhal, Gnarwhal,
Swimming in the ocean,
Causing a commotion,
'Cause they are so awesome.

Gnarwhal, Gnarwhal,
Swimming in the ocean,
Pretty big and pretty white,
They'll beat a polar bear in a fight."

kazeryu:
have they done a chinchilla yet??

Minccino

http://img.pokemondb.net/artwork/minccino.jpg

subjectseven:
How about a worm or a salamander?

Worm (doesn't work like a worm, but they call it one):

Salamander (Charmander is supposed to be a bipedal fire salamander):

Nothing more definite than that, though.

UmJammerSully:
[snip]

I'd say Tentacool/Tentacruel is more of a Jellyfish than a squid but that's probably the closest we'll get so what the hell.

And Swellow is, well, a Swallow.
What I meant is something like this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secretary-bird

I mean come on that bird already looks badass enough, might make a good Fighting/Flying type.

Biosophilogical:
Tasmanian Devil? Koala? Kangaroo? Pipi? Emu? Wombat? Wedge-tailed eagle? Ibis?

Kangaskan for kangeroo, emu might be covered by doduo or dodrio. dunno about the rest

Infernai:
I'm quite certain that my choice hasn't been done. I'm quite certain there isn't a pokemon based on the Thorny Devil:

Magmar?

DeadlyYellow:

Panzer_God:
Have they done a badger?

Linoone yes?

I vote for the kiwa hirsuta, the famed 'Yeti Crab.' It's like a large tick with adorable fuzzy arms.

Wouldn't that be Joltik? The Gen 5 4 inch tall electric spider (with 4 legs) who's evolution, Galvantula can RAPE SKYLA'S SHIT, without even trying?
And fuck... I can't think of one!
I would have to do a slow clap for GF if they made a Slendy or Rake for pokemon though. I think Rake would be a fucking awesome pokemon, but Scyther would already take up that space, right?
Or what about that giant lobster thing in Journey to Atlantis? That would be an awesome legendary, much more awesome than Kyogre was.

Did they do a wombat? An abyssal sea cucumber?

Platypus
flamingo
porcupine, hedgehog
human?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked