Which will you be?
Das Vampir. (Vamp)
15.5% (64)
15.5% (64)
La Loup Garou. (Wolf)
45.9% (190)
45.9% (190)
Neither! The abominations will fall by my hand!
38.2% (158)
38.2% (158)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Skyrim: Twilight Edition (Vamp or Lycan?)

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

So, as werewolves and vampires are both confirmed for Skyrim, and since they both make you immune to disease (thus allowing only one or the other, barring cures, etc.), which will you prefer, if you prefer at all?

I myself tend to be more visceral with my first character, so I'll either go full werewolf, or possibly try and pull off a Monster Squad and try to eradicate them both.

Probably Werewolf. Being a Vamp wasn't that fun in Oblivion, and it'd be totally badass to sprint at full speeds as a werewolf.

Just out of curiosity, when and where were they confirmed? As for vampire or werewolf, meh, no idea.

I'm planning to incinerate both groups.

Extermination, that is the answer! I like to imagine I am the character I make, and as much as I love the idea of the factions that becoming either of these creatures could provide, I prefer the idea of joining a 3rd faction of people like me that I relate too, and destroy the creatures that were designed to kill us! Then i'll be happy!

Lets just hope finding cures arn't as much as a ball-ache this time!

kman123:
Probably Werewolf. Being a Vamp wasn't that fun in Oblivion, and it'd be totally badass to sprint at full speeds as a werewolf.

I've seen it... and yes, it is indeed badass. If something came at me irl like they do in this game, I'd probably just bend over and kiss my ass goodbye.

Even though oblivion didn't have much special features for vampires I'm hoping they learned their lesson with Skyrim, I however(at least on the first play won't be going either and will gut any I find.

RuralGamer:
Just out of curiosity, when and where were they confirmed? As for vampire or werewolf, meh, no idea.

I don't want to link anything, but a quick Google search of Skyrim news will help you out. Just trust me, they're confirmed.

Barring that, you could also check the official forums spoiler section.

I've been trying my best to stay away from Skyrim until I have a PC that's capable on running it, but most defiantly both. It just matters on who I come across first. :P

Werewolf, because we have fur.

Fire, deader undead. Silverswords and hate. They'll be purged.

werewolf all the way (i think my avvi makes it quite obvious as to why)

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/elder-scrolls-v/1211758p1.html

I'll be honest, I'm surprised they didn't go the Sims 2 Wookie route.

It looks cool, I guess.

Now I wonder what will stop one from being both, though.

Caligulust:

It looks cool, I guess.

So I wonder what will stop one from being both, though.

As I said, being either grants you immunity to disease. Both lycanthropy and vampirism are diseases in TES.

King of the Sandbox:

Caligulust:

It looks cool, I guess.

As I said, being either grants you immunity to disease. Both lycanthropy and vampirism are diseases in TES.

I'll be honest, I only got the gist of what you were saying in the first post then looked for information to back it up.

Caligulust:

King of the Sandbox:

Caligulust:

It looks cool, I guess.

I'll be honest, I only got the gist of what you were saying in the first post then looked for information to back it up.

No biggie. I actually respect people that look up info themselves instead of blindly following whatever any random person spouts. ;)

Going Werewolf will hopefully compliment my future stealth build, with its enhanced senses and strength. So yeah, I'd probably go Werewolf.

Badong:
Going Werewolf will hopefully compliment my future stealth build, with its enhanced senses and strength. So yeah, I'd probably go Werewolf.

Vampires don't have these traits? Hmmm. Odd. It seems to me that vamps, hiding in plain sight and all, would be the best choice for stealthy types.

Weird, I thought werewolves were confirmed to NOT be in it.

Clive Howlitzer:

Pete Hines basically lied to try and keep them secret. It didn't work out too well, as you can see.

King of the Sandbox:

Clive Howlitzer:

Pete Hines basically lied to try and keep them secret. It didn't work out too well, as you can see.

Fine with me. I try to go in fresh. I've been trying to avoid learning too much about the game. It would certainly be more exciting to run into a werewolf after assuming there were none to be had.

Clive Howlitzer:

King of the Sandbox:

Clive Howlitzer:

Fine with me. I try to go in fresh. I've been trying to avoid learning too much about the game. It would certainly be more exciting to run into a werewolf after assuming there were none to be had.

I was like that once... but then the spoiler bug took me full force, and I was lost.

I honestly don't see it detracting from the game for me though. As an avid pen and paper role-player, I'm quite skilled at separating player and character knowledge. I think it'll come in handy in this situation.

King of the Sandbox:
So, as werewolves and vampires are both confirmed for Skyrim, and since they both make you immune to disease (thus allowing only one or the other, barring cures, etc.), which will you prefer, if you prefer at all?

I myself tend to be more visceral with my first character, so I'll either go full werewolf, or possibly try and pull off a Monster Squad and try to eradicate them both.

Your title was so misleading, so I was just about to rage on you for connecting Skyrim with *shudder* Twilight.
Then I read the post.

Meh, going werewolf on my male characters. Vampire on the female characters.

Kelthurin:

King of the Sandbox:

Your title was so misleading, so I was just about to rage on you for connecting Skyrim with *shudder* Twilight.
Then I read the post.

Heh, I admit, it was a tiny bit of trolling on my part. But just for funsies.

Trust me, the first time I kill a vamp, I'm going to teabag him while screaming, "Sparkle now, you gangly b***h!"

My Dunmer spellsword will rid Skyrim of all of these beasts. Werewolf and Vampire blood will mingle on the steel of my mighty sword. My fireballs will be the wrath of lycanthropes and bloodsuckers alike. Yeah, they'd all better watch out come the 11th.

King of the Sandbox:

Clive Howlitzer:

King of the Sandbox:

I was like that once... but then the spoiler bug took me full force, and I was lost.

I honestly don't see it detracting from the game for me though. As an avid pen and paper role-player, I'm quite skilled at separating player and character knowledge. I think it'll come in handy in this situation.

Oh yeah, I agree, I do the same. However sometimes it is definitely nice to go in and be surprised by something. It is so tempting to read up on things and watch spoilers though for a game you are super pumped for.

Clive Howlitzer:
-snip-
Oh yeah, I agree, I do the same. However sometimes it is definitely nice to go in and be surprised by something. It is so tempting to read up on things and watch spoilers though for a game you are super pumped for.

Yes... I was weak... but in Skyrim, I will be mighty.

Ahhhh, escapism.

King of the Sandbox:

Kelthurin:

King of the Sandbox:

Then I read the post.

Trust me, the first time I kill a vamp, I'm going to teabag him while screaming, "Sparkle now, you gangly b***h!"

Lightning spells should make him sparkle like a vampire should!

Kelthurin:

King of the Sandbox:

Kelthurin:

Then I read the post.

/slaps forehead

Of course! Why didn't I think of that?

Also, fire is kinda 'sparkly', too, right? I'm going with yes, for the purposes of this discussion.

King of the Sandbox:

Kelthurin:

King of the Sandbox:

/slaps forehead

Of course! Why didn't I think of that?

Also, fire is kinda 'sparkly', too, right? I'm going with yes, for the purposes of this discussion.

Fire should make him sparkle like a christmas tree, yes.
Sparkle real good...
Then turn him into a pile of sparkly ASH.

If anything i'll go a vampire. They're a touch more subtle, and seeing as i'll be playing as a stealth character thats kind of what i want. Although it might make for some good roleplaying trying to work lycanthropy into my day job as a theif/assassin. Ahh now i dont know anymore :(

Lol at the gamespy article. The guy with the dialogue option "You're gonna make me a werewolf?" is named Farkas. Farkas is a Hungarian name, and also the Hungarian word for "wolf". Clever, Bethesda. (it's spelled like with an 'sh' , not that anyone cares to know about all of the shit I just wrote)

Wooooooooo for the news, didn't know they were in :D

Anyway on the choice... both, across two characters. Or possibly across one, I imagine contracting one disease doesn't prevent you from contracting the other once you've cured the first.

But what will my first character's disease be... hmmm, not sure. Werewolves are "new", but I really loved being a vampire in Oblivion, it was both awesome and very useful. I'll have to see what stats you get from being one, if a werewolf is more brute-strength oriented (I imagine vampires are more attuned with magic), I might have it on my first character as the first character will be a ranged assassin (not sure if his bonuses will align for a bow and arrow though). Will have to see in game though, I'm not sure how it'll fit in with my RP, I love vampires more than werewolves overall, but definitely wanna try out both.

I am going to make a pure mage werewolf. Yeah..

Ilikemilkshake:
If anything i'll go a vampire. They're a touch more subtle, and seeing as i'll be playing as a stealth character thats kind of what i want. Although it might make for some good roleplaying trying to work lycanthropy into my day job as a theif/assassin. Ahh now i dont know anymore :(

Yeah, I was thinking of going thief/vamp for my second character. My first character is reserved for a Nord/viking Conan-style werewolf ranger. Kind of an "I am nature's claws!" kinda deal.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked