Skyrim Won't Load on PC.

So I get all excited about Skyrim and finally getting to play it after h midnight release.

Install from disc. Validate with Steam. Update. Ready to go.

Except after the "Bethesda Softworks" splash, the game just goes to the Alduin symbol with the smoky background and sits there and does nothing, and I can't get it to do anything. It doesn't freeze or anything like that, but it refuses to move from the there.

The internet seems to be in the dark about this...any help?

Have you tried the sound fix?

From bethsoft forums:

"My sound device in windows was set to output at 192khz 24bit. When I set this back to 44.1khz 16bit it fixed the problem!

So to check, in win7 go to Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Sound

Pick your sound device that is set as default, click Properties.
Go to the Advanced tab and make sure the 'Default Format' it is set to 44.1khz 16bit.

I actually was able to set mine to 96khz 24bit and it works aswell, just doesn't seem to like 192khz."

Can you move in the main menu, with any controller(mouse,xbox controller, keyboard)?

predatorpulse7:
Go to the Advanced tab and make sure the 'Default Format' it is set to 44.1khz 16bit.

Most people have been suggesting 44100 Hz 24-bit as the quality is higher and it fixes the issue more often.

I'm having the same issue, but on Windows XP. I can't seem to find any menu that will allow me to change the audio output. Any ideas?

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked