Let's Play: Pokemon Ruby Post Game 4: In which we face off against evil

Pages PREV 1 . . . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 . . . 24 NEXT

sextus the crazy:

CM156:

sextus the crazy:

My comment isn't that Raphael is a bad name, but that pick a TMNT name is kind of obvious for a turtle. Actually if you want to go for the enlighten name, pick a renaissance era person that wasn't one of the four turtles. Hopefully, the escapist's average memeber is well-read enough to understand the name.

In regards to military history, I like the strategy and technology the most, especially the German stuff, although lower level tactics and operational level stuff is cool, too.

That's a good idea.

And yeah. The Germans had some pretty cool stuff. I like the "Potato Masher" as well. Rather smart idea, I think

As far as non-TMNT renaissance men go, I'd pick Brunelleschi for Torkoal's name.

Adding a handle to the grenade was a pretty cool idea, but It increases the space it takes up greatly and from what I heard, the grenades aren't as powerful as the American ones. Also, stick grenades couldn't be used a rifle grenades like the pineapple grenades could.

I think "Brunelleschi" is a bit too long. But don't worry, I've something else in mind.

As for the grenade, I'm told it could go further.

CM156:

sextus the crazy:

CM156:

That's a good idea.

And yeah. The Germans had some pretty cool stuff. I like the "Potato Masher" as well. Rather smart idea, I think

As far as non-TMNT renaissance men go, I'd pick Brunelleschi for Torkoal's name.

Adding a handle to the grenade was a pretty cool idea, but It increases the space it takes up greatly and from what I heard, the grenades aren't as powerful as the American ones. Also, stick grenades couldn't be used a rifle grenades like the pineapple grenades could.

I think "Brunelleschi" is a bit too long. But don't worry, I've something else in mind.

Oh yeah, Forgot that Brunelleschi is too long.

I'm not debating that the stick grenade could go longer than the american ones, I'm saying that I've heard that American ones had greater blast radius/power. Although, If you take into account rifle grenade adapters, then the American ones far out range the German ones (350m vs. 40 something meters).

sextus the crazy:

CM156:

sextus the crazy:

Oh yeah, Forgot that Brunelleschi is too long.

I'm not debating that the stick grenade could go longer than the american ones, I'm saying that I've heard that American ones had greater blast radius/power. Although, If you take into account rifle grenade adapters, then the American ones far out range the German ones (350m vs. 40 something meters).

I see. Well, to be honest, I wasn't really debating anything either. I just think that both have some advantages and disadvantages to them.

Yeah, my nongaming hobbies include anime, comic books, making crappy AMVs, reading, writing, and improv comedy.

Slightly on topic: Anyone else think that the Trick Master is a washed-up Batman villain?

StorytellingIsAMust:
Yeah, my nongaming hobbies include anime, comic books, making crappy AMVs, reading, writing, and improv comedy.

Slightly on topic: Anyone else think that the Trick Master is a washed-up Batman villain?

You know, I never thought about it that way. But it makes sense. Granted, it wouldn't take the Dark Knight to win against him.

Let's Play: Pokemon Ruby Part 10: In which we talk to trees

Question time: If you were to create an evil team in pokemon, what would your team's goal be and why?

I always name my swablu/altaria "rhapsody". Don't know why.

For an evil team, mine would be one that would try to unite the regions via hostile takeover and turn them into a gigantic empire. They wouldn't have any required pokemon but would use a balance of types.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzodioxin for koffing (just use Cl4, O2)

BTW, the main character is 10, not 12.

sextus the crazy:

For an evil team, mine would be one that would try to unite the regions via hostile takeover and turn them into a gigantic empire. They wouldn't have any required pokemon but would use a balance of types.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzodioxin for koffing (just use Cl4, O2)

I was thinking "Q-Tip"

Ah, and someone got what i was referring to with the name for Koffing. I was worried about that.

And they're 10? Wow. I thought they were 12.

Also, I like your evil team idea. Mine would involve using Guns, since no person, even the law enforcement, seems to have one.

CM156:

sextus the crazy:

I was thinking "Q-Tip"

Ah, and someone got what i was referring to with the name for Koffing. I was worried about that.

Also, I like your evil team idea. Mine would involve using Guns, since no person, even the law enforcement, seems to have one.

I din't actually get Koffing's name, I just did what any sensible person should do, look it up.

Guns certainly would make the team more threatening, but it's inconsistant with lore, which kinda bothers me. Although, seeing an octillary battery would be pretty cool.

sextus the crazy:

CM156:

sextus the crazy:

I was thinking "Q-Tip"

I din't actually get Koffing's name, I just did what any sensible person should do, look it up.

Guns certainly would make the team more threatening, but it's inconsistant with lore, which kinda bothers me. Although, seeing an octillary battery would be pretty cool.

Ahaha, that's true. I should have thought of that.

Really? I thought they existed in the pokemon world

But whatever. My point was that if we couldn't have guns, we could at least have something deadly rather than having our pets fight to the death.

CM156:

sextus the crazy:

CM156:

I was thinking "Q-Tip"

But whatever. My point was that if we couldn't have guns, we could at least have something deadly rather than having our pets fight to the death.

That was literally the only "deadly firearm" to appear in pokemon, and that was during the early days, when lore was inconsistent. I think you could use robots like team rocket, but the point of the pokemon world is that you can't use anything, but pokemon to fight with (they're the best option). Hence why Ghetsis' plan in black & White was so devious.

sextus the crazy:

CM156:

sextus the crazy:

That was literally the only "deadly firearm" to appear in pokemon, and that was during the early days, when lore was inconsistent. I think you could use robots like team rocket, but the point of the pokemon world is that you can't use anything, but pokemon to fight with (they're the best option). Hence why Ghetsis' plan in black & White was so devious.

Ah. I was unaware of that. Thank you for filling me in.

And again, I never finished Black & White, though I get the sense it was kinda like PeTA in terms of plot.

Hehe, funny name for Grimor.

you should name the Swablu Virginia if its a girl, or Walter if its a boy.

And if I made an evil team, I dont know, I guess my goal would be to exterminate shiny pokemon.

for there own good of course.

emeraldrafael:

you should name the Swablu Virginia if its a girl, or Walter if its a boy.

And if I made an evil team, I dont know, I guess my goal would be to exterminate shiny pokemon.

for there own good of course.

To be honest, for a second there, I thought you were telling me to name the Swablu after something totally different. Made me laugh a bit.

But you'd kill all the shines? EVIL!

CM156:

sextus the crazy:

And again, I never finished Black & White, though I get the sense it was kinda like PeTA in terms of plot.

Ghetsis was probably the smartest of all of the villians because his plan was to use a naive and charismatic young man to make people disarm so that plasma would be the only ones with pokemon. So kinda like Peta, only without the murder.

On a side note, have you noticed that this LP has more or less turned into you, emeraldrafael, and I talking? I don't mind,I just find it funny.

well its for there own good of course. then people cant hunt them and treat them as trophies.

EDIT:

emeraldrafael:

you should name the Swablu Virginia if its a girl,...

To be honest, for a second there, I thought you were telling me to name the Swablu after something totally different. Made me laugh a bit.

If Im thinking what you're thinking you thought I was saying, then i occasionally pronounce Virginia that way just to piss off people from Virginia or a person named Virginia.

CM156:

sextus the crazy:

Ghetsis was probably the smartest of all of the villians because his plan was to use a naive and charismatic young man to make people disarm so that plasma would be the only ones with pokemon. So kinda like Peta, only without the murder.

On a side note, have you noticed that this LP has more or less turned into you, emeraldrafael, and I talking? I don't mind,I just find it funny.

That often happens in Let's Play threads. It's a great way to have a conversation.

well its for there own good of course. then people cant hunt them and treat them as trophies.

EDIT:

emeraldrafael:

you should name the Swablu Virginia if its a girl,...

If Im thinking what you're thinking you thought I was saying, then i occasionally pronounce Virginia that way just to piss off people from Virginia or a person named Virginia.

I thought that you used the word for lady parts. That would have been a... odd choice of name.

By the way, the site's acting funky for me, so I don't know if I'll be able to update tommorow.

EDIT:

I thought that you used the word for lady parts. That would have been a... odd choice of name.

By the way, the site's acting funky for me, so I don't know if I'll be able to update tommorow.

Yeah, thats what I thought you thought I meant. So thats how i pronounce Virginia from time o time to piss someone off.

and yeah, I've been noticing it too. Mostly that usernames and avys arent showing. and the member date is acting weird.

Its been weird for me, too. the site that is.

EDIT:

Yeah, thats what I thought you thought I meant. So thats how i pronounce Virginia from time o time to piss someone off.

and yeah, I've been noticing it too. Mostly that usernames and avys arent showing. and the member date is acting weird.

Oh, so I'm not the only one having the problem then. I hope it gets resolved soon.

Still, the options are open for that... whatever it's called pokemon. The one that looks like two cotton balls put together.

I like Grimer's nickname :D

As for your Swablu the only name I can think of is "Cotton" or "Mr. Cotton". After the Pirates of the Caribbean character with the bird, because you know Swablu is a bird...and it looks like it has cotton wings...yeah that's all I've got.

emeraldrafael:
you should name the Swablu Virginia if its a girl,

Yeah I also read that as...something else, but then I realised what you typed.

sextus the crazy:

...and me lurking around in the shadows...

CM156:
Oh, so I'm not the only one having the problem then. I hope it gets resolved soon.

Still, the options are open for that... whatever it's called pokemon. The one that looks like two cotton balls put together.

Oh please son, this is the internet. you are never "the only one". thats what makes those kinda threads so... pointless for lack of meaner words

and swablu? well, yous hould name it wahtever you want. reall i suggested Virginia or walter because its wings are supposed to be cotton like and Virginia comes to mind when i think of cotton. walter raleigh was the one that founded the colony (or at least got the charter to) so thats the male name I would associate with it.

ChupathingyX:
I like Grimer's nickname :D

Glad to know that! :D

Yeah I also read that as...something else, but then I realised what you typed.

Dyslexics of the world unite!

ChupathingyX:

sextus the crazy:

...and me lurking around in the shadows...

Well, the thing I like most about LP threads is conversations with people about the game. It's a great chance to talk to people who share interests.

I don't have any highfalutin goals. I'll just run an organized criminal empire with operatives that are willing to work with Pokemon to get their hands dirty. With as many guns as possible.

Let's Play: Pokemon Ruby Part 11: In which we walk through ashes

Question time: What pokemon do you think are pointless? My vote: Spinda. No real reason to get one.

In R/S/E or just over all?

Cuase personally I think thtat dunspar or whatever they're called are completely pointless. the design looks like an after thought its got poor stats. Just not a good pokemon all around.

emeraldrafael:

Cuase personally I think thtat dunspar or whatever they're called are completely pointless. the design looks like an after thought its got poor stats. Just not a good pokemon all around.

What? You don't like Dunsparce? I DUEL, GOOD SIR!

I kinda like that pokemon, not based around training. Perhaps I only like it because it was so hard to get!

CM156:

emeraldrafael:

I kinda like that pokemon, not based around training. Perhaps I only like it because it was so hard to get!

Eh. I dont enjoy a pokemon if its so hard to get and so useless on top of it. Its like the games just saying a big fuck you when you get it. haha, you spent all thsi time looking for me, and im totally worthless!

I dont know. I just dont enjoy it and find it quite pointless.

emeraldrafael:

CM156:

emeraldrafael:

Eh. I dont enjoy a pokemon if its so hard to get and so useless on top of it. Its like the games just saying a big fuck you when you get it. haha, you spent all thsi time looking for me, and im totally worthless!

I dont know. I just dont enjoy it and find it quite pointless.

Well FINE! You're not invited to my birthday party! (Yes, I'm of course being facetious)

I actually like the way it looks. But that's subjective.

The most useless has to be Farfetch'd though. I'm told it's a joke pokemon.

CM156:

Actually I'm not dyslexic, I was mostly joking around.

CM156:
Named after a person on this site.

If there are any Pokemon in this game that resemble a puma, warthog or walrus would you kindly name it after me? :D

ChupathingyX:

CM156:

Actually I'm not dyslexic, I was mostly joking around.

CM156:
Named after a person on this site.

If there are any Pokemon in this game that resemble a puma, warthog or walrus would you kindly name it after me? :D

Actually, there is one that looks like a Walrus. Walren, I think. You wanna be named after that?

Oh, and I guessed that you likely weren't dyslexic

Ah, my first post in the forums for over 3 weeks! Good to be back in good ol' Cape Breton!

OT: It would have to be that garbage type one. I haven't played Black/White yet but just from looking at it made me realize that Gamefreak is officially out of ideas for new Pokemon.

FilipJPhry:
Ah, my first post in the forums for over 3 weeks! Good to be back in good ol' Cape Breton!

OT: It would have to be that garbage type one. I haven't played Black/White yet but just from looking at it made me realize that Gamefreak is officially out of ideas for new Pokemon.

I know as to which you are referring to. And i have to say, I agree. It's just such a silly idea for a pokemon.

CM156:

Actually, there is one that looks like a Walrus. Walren, I think. You wanna be named after that?

Not to be creeping on posts or anything, but that does actually remind me of something (though I may have asked this before or you may have said so). Are you doing the time events? cause I know it wont stop you from catching a spheal, but you wont be able to go deeper into the shoal cave without it, and you cant do that feebas thing (though with how much of a pain it is to get it to be a milotic that may not be a big deal.

emeraldrafael:

CM156:

Not to be creeping on posts or anything, but that does actually remind me of something (though I may have asked this before or you may have said so). Are you doing the time events? cause I know it wont stop you from catching a spheal, but you wont be able to go deeper into the shoal cave without it, and you cant do that feebas thing (though with how much of a pain it is to get it to be a milotic that may not be a big deal.

Likely no, I will not be doing the timed events. And don't worry: You haven't asked before :D

And again, this is a discussion. That usually happens in Let's Play threads. So don't worry about creeping in on posts, my friend.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 . . . 24 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked