Let's Play: Pokemon Ruby Post Game 4: In which we face off against evil

Pages PREV 1 . . . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 . . . 24 NEXT

Let's Play: Pokemon Ruby Part 12: In which we fight criminal scum

Question time: Who's your favorite pokemon professor? Mine is Elm. I like him, he seems more like someone I would get along with.

Also, we'll be catching yet another pokemon, this time a Spoink

Going to need names. So far, all I've got is "Bacon"

EDIT: Double posted, this forum is wonky some times. I'm sorry about that.

Favorite prof: Probably Oak or Elm as I can't really remember any of the others, though Oak seemed to have his shit together
For the Spoink: Mr/Ms. Oinkers

Well, there are a lot of Solrock int hat cave, so its not surprising.

I was gonna say Juniper cause shes hot but that would be rather... sexist.

well, lets see. oak's retarded and possibly a pedo, elm is alright if not a pussy, Birch is just completely and totally incompetent and I suspect suffers from ADHD, Rowan is... well, I think he's a Pedo, and has a very unhealthy dom/sub relationship with Lucas, and Juniper is... well, actually she's pretty competent and seems like the most welcoming considering her job.

... Im gonna say Elm/Juniper tie, cause they didnt make we want to sick the pokemon back on them after I got it.

As for the spoink, I called one of my slinky for no real reason other than his tail. Miss piggy seems to cliche for a female name. I'd suggest Pearl too, but thats kinda dumb.

You could name it abner if its a male for Lil Abner. thats about all i got.

UncleUlty:
Favorite prof: Probably Oak or Elm as I can't really remember any of the others, though Oak seemed to have his shit together
For the Spoink: Mr/Ms. Oinkers

Birch was a bit of a crazy person, and... what's his name was super serious, manly, and stoic.

I think everyone loves Oak though.

emeraldrafael:
Well, there are a lot of Solrock int hat cave, so its not surprising.

Wait, there's a hat cave? Is it like the Batcave?

emeraldrafael:

I was gonna say Juniper cause shes hot but that would be rather... sexist.

I like her because Juniper berries are used to make Gin.

emeraldrafael:

well, lets see. oak's retarded and possibly a pedo, elm is alright if not a pussy, Birch is just completely and totally incompetent and I suspect suffers from ADHD, Rowan is... well, I think he's a Pedo, and has a very unhealthy dom/sub relationship with Lucas, and Juniper is... well, actually she's pretty competent and seems like the most welcoming considering her job.

... Im gonna say Elm/Juniper tie, cause they didnt make we want to sick the pokemon back on them after I got it.

As for the spoink, I called one of my slinky for no real reason other than his tail. Miss piggy seems to cliche for a female name. I'd suggest Pearl too, but thats kinda dumb.

You could name it abner if its a male for Lil Abner. thats about all i got.

Pretty much everyone in this universe is a pedo.

CM156:
Actually, there is one that looks like a Walrus. Walren, I think. You wanna be named after that?

There's one called Walrein which is the final evolution of Spheal. If you ever catch it I would be honoured if you named it after me :D

CM156:

If it's male...Ham.

That's what I would call it.

ChupathingyX:

CM156:
Actually, there is one that looks like a Walrus. Walren, I think. You wanna be named after that?

There's one called Walrein which is the final evolution of Spheal. If you ever catch it I would be honoured if you named it after me :D

CM156:

If it's male...Ham.

That's what I would call it.

So should I name it "Nicholas" then, or "ChupathingyX"?

Ham is the winner so far, by the way, in terms of names.

GOT IT! Name the Spoink Lil' Porkchop, wait that won't fit, just porkchop.

FilipJPhry:
Ah, my first post in the forums for over 3 weeks! Good to be back in good ol' Cape Breton!

OT: It would have to be that garbage type one. I haven't played Black/White yet but just from looking at it made me realize that Gamefreak is officially out of ideas for new Pokemon.

Yeah, one can argue that they were going for nostalgia with the whole reboot type mentality, but it's still a flimsy arguement. That said, smogon has probably the best pokemon I've seen, fan or official.

For most pointless Pokemon, I'd go with the babies. Nothin' but merch fodder.

Not gunna lie, Spoink is probably the cutest name for a pokemon, ever.

None of the professors really did it for me, but Rowan acts & looks like an actual professor, so him, I guess.

sage42:

Good to see you're still following, Sage. Lurkers of the world, unite!

Porkchop is a good name.

And by the way, nice avatar choice.

sextus the crazy:

FilipJPhry:
Ah, my first post in the forums for over 3 weeks! Good to be back in good ol' Cape Breton!

OT: It would have to be that garbage type one. I haven't played Black/White yet but just from looking at it made me realize that Gamefreak is officially out of ideas for new Pokemon.

Yeah, one can argue that they were going for nostalgia with the whole reboot type mentality, but it's still a flimsy arguement. That said, smogon has probably the best pokemon I've seen, fan or official.

For most pointless Pokemon, I'd go with the babies. Nothin' but merch fodder.

I'd agree with you about the babies. They're just a little weird, to. Pokemon getting retroactive childhoods

CM156:

Well the maximum is 10 characters right? In that case "Chupathing" or "Nicholas" would be fine. Probably Chupathing 'cause it sounds less "personal", I would hate to see Nicholas get hurt ;P

ChupathingyX:

CM156:

Well the maximum is 10 characters right? In that case "Chupathing" or "Nicholas" would be fine. Probably Chupathing 'cause it sounds less "personal", I would hate to see Nicholas get hurt ;P

Very well. That sounds like a plan to me!

(My previous post didn't go through).

I think it would be rather useful in the game.

CM156:

sage42:

Porkchop is a good name.

Yes, I do tend to lurk quite a bit, though honestly I've been preoccupied by Saints Row the Third lately, thankfully that has been beat so now I'm free til Christmas. And Yes I'm enjoying my avatar too, fits the season and it is Fluttershy! What's not to love?

sage42:

CM156:

sage42:

Porkchop is a good name.

Yes, I do tend to lurk quite a bit, though honestly I've been preoccupied by Saints Row the Third lately, thankfully that has been beat so now I'm free til Christmas. And Yes I'm enjoying my avatar too, fits the season and it is Fluttershy! What's not to love?

Quite alright. Don't feel like you have to answer every question, either. I just do that for discussion value.

I got Saints Row 2 when I got my wisdom teeth removed a few weeks ago. I rather like it. Playing a character in a smart business suit is kinda funny for me. Hows Saints Row the Third?

Well, if the fanfic I just got sent from a "friend" is canon, the only thing not to like about fluttershy is that she does things to Rarity that are neither friendship nor magic.

Oh, and I don't know if you saw the offer, but if you would like a pokemon named after you (Your site name or real first name), just say so and I'll do it.

SRTT is a Saints Row game, that's all I can do to explain it really, it's like GTA 4 but goofier, and hilarious. And Yes playing a character dressed in a business suit is still hilarious. They did make it so respect is more like experience though, so the more respect you have the more you can upgrade your character.

As for the name thing that's awesome, I don't think there's really anything besides a male Ralts that i would want to name Sage. but I'll keep the offer in mind.

And there's actually a fanfic out right now that combines Saints Row The Third and MLP. It has hilarity emitting from nearly every sentence.

sage42:
SRTT is a Saints Row game, that's all I can do to explain it really, it's like GTA 4 but goofier, and hilarious. And Yes playing a character dressed in a business suit is still hilarious. They did make it so respect is more like experience though, so the more respect you have the more you can upgrade your character.

As for the name thing that's awesome, I don't think there's really anything besides a male Ralts that i would want to name Sage. but I'll keep the offer in mind.

And there's actually a fanfic out right now that combines Saints Row The Third and MLP. It has hilarity emitting from nearly every sentence.

I see

Well, when it comes to getting the legendaries, we'll be having a contest to decide who gets to pick the name.

That does sound a bit wacky.

Let's Play: Pokemon Ruby Part 13: In which we abandon logic and science

Question time: Do you find the business with pokemon eggs to be a bit weird? I do. They just "Appear"? Are pokemon non-sexual beings?

I always use my Wynaut for contests and just name it NAUTWY and that alawys gets me hugepoints (cause my usually nicknames of people names dont seem to get much of a reaction, and always screws me in the contests). Though I thought that said uguu at first, so I was going to ask if you were turning into a weeaboo. XD

I never understood why criminals were obligated to pay you. I always thought it was just a bribe that I didnt report them to the police. And I always like Flannery. I mean, you're gonna just destroy her, but i always like her as one of my favorites cause she seemed to have the most personality and showed the most difference from other gym leaders by being a newbie and saying she was.

What do you mean the eggs just appear? You have to leave two pokemon in, so they're clearly doing something off screen. Pokemon arent asexual and do need to reproduce.

emeraldrafael:
I always use my Wynaut for contests and just name it NAUTWY and that alawys gets me hugepoints (cause my usually nicknames of people names dont seem to get much of a reaction, and always screws me in the contests). Though I thought that said uguu at first, so I was going to ask if you were turning into a weeaboo. XD

NEVER!

What do you mean the eggs just appear? You have to leave two pokemon in, so they're clearly doing something off screen. Pokemon arent asexual and do need to reproduce.

My question is: Is that canonical? Or do they do something like this to make the eggs appear

CM156:

emeraldrafael:
snip

My question is: Is that canonical? Or do they do something like this to make the eggs appear

-gif snip-

I think the mentioned it in the anime. I know they tell yous oemting about it in the games. Cant remember much of the manga, but Im sure the question has been raised.

I always figured you leave them together, hot skitty on wailord action occurs and boom Pokemon egg. Though egg laying may be easier for say Pidgy than Growlithe.

UncleUlty:
I always figured you leave them together, hot skitty on wailord action occurs and boom Pokemon egg. Though egg laying may be easier for say Pidgy than Growlithe.

That's another problem I have with it. Some pokemon are clearly mammals, which don't usually lay eggs, last I checked.

CM156:

UncleUlty:

That's another problem I have with it. Some pokemon are clearly mammals, which don't usually lay eggs, last I checked.

Simple hand-waving, I guess. Perhaps the Pokemon developers knew that some of the kids playing wouldn't have a grasp on reproduction, and just left it as a kid-friendly "Wow! An egg appeared! How surprising!"

I always found it funny how, after centuries of living side-by-side, everyone in-game was slapping their foreheads in amazement in Gold and Silver when a Pokemon egg was found. Apparently before then people believed new Pokemon just periodically popped into existence.

Melon Hunter:

CM156:

UncleUlty:

Simple hand-waving, I guess. Perhaps the Pokemon developers knew that some of the kids playing wouldn't have a grasp on reproduction, and just left it as a kid-friendly "Wow! An egg appeared! How surprising!"

I always found it funny how, after centuries of living side-by-side, everyone in-game was slapping their foreheads in amazement in Gold and Silver when a Pokemon egg was found. Apparently before then people believed new Pokemon just periodically popped into existence.

Perhaps science isn't very advanced in the pokemon world. And they believe in spontaneous generation

Since this is a pokemon let's play I figured I'd share something I just realized, in the original S/G/C universe(haven't played the re-makes) the day-care center, where the breeding is done, is on Route 34......I'll just let that sink in.

The day-care owners do in fact know where the eggs come from, but they choose to spare us from the HORROR!

sage42:
Since this is a pokemon let's play I figured I'd share something I just realized, in the original S/G/C universe(haven't played the re-makes) the day-care center, where the breeding is done, is on Route 34......I'll just let that sink in.

At least it wasn't route 68 or 69. That would have been even worse.

sextus the crazy:
The day-care owners do in fact know where the eggs come from, but they choose to spare us from the HORROR!

Especially when Dittos are involved. THE HORROR!

CM156:

Kurtz said it best "The Horror! The Horror!"

CM156:

Never mind eggs, how the hell do they breed?

ChupathingyX:

CM156:

Never mind eggs, how the hell do they breed?

Never mind that, how do more dittos get created if they don't breed with each other?

Oh, and next update: There will be a chance to vote on something. I'll do another update, and then after that one, I'll tally the votes.

EDIT: Because of computer issues there may not be an update for today or a few days following. I am sorry

damn you! I demand updates!!

oka yeah, Im just kidding. Hope it works out. Computer issues were one of the issues that kileed the nuzlocke run here. though maybe in interest of keeping the thread alive a new discussion question, mayhaps? *says in zoidberg voice*

emeraldrafael:
damn you! I demand updates!!

oka yeah, Im just kidding. Hope it works out. Computer issues were one of the issues that kileed the nuzlocke run here. though maybe in interest of keeping the thread alive a new discussion question, mayhaps? *says in zoidberg voice*

Good news and bad news. The good news is that I fixed the problem with next to no effort. So I don't have to send away for a new part. The bad news? The forums barely work on my computer.. So I can't post an update. In fact, this is the third attempt to respond to this question.

So I'm looking at either Thursday or Friday for the next update.

CM156:

Good news and bad news. The good news is that I fixed the problem with next to no effort. So I don't have to send away for a new part. The bad news? The forums barely work on my computer.. So I can't post an update. In fact, this is the third attempt to respond to this question.

So I'm looking at either Thursday or Friday for the next update.

Well, I'm glad to hear that the problem's fixed, at least.

Ah, well, hopefully you can resolve the problem. besides, whats a few extra days between friends.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 . . . 24 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked