Let's Play: Pokemon Ruby Post Game 4: In which we face off against evil

Pages PREV 1 . . . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 . . . 24 NEXT

Let's Play: Pokemon Ruby Part 14: In which we become arsonists

Important question time: Which do we take: The Root Fossil or Claw Fossil? Getting one will prevent us from getting the other

The Root fossil gives us Lileep

The Claw Fossil gives us Anorith

Again, which one should we pick? Note that next time will be a mini-update, so I won't be getting the Fossil then. So you'll have plenty of time to debate this issue.

EDIT: Also note that you don't have to be a regular reader of this LP to vote.

Go with Lileep, it's a the less freaky looking of the two

I've always been a fan of Anorith, personally.

Anorith all the way.

WOO! Im a pokemon, youd better use me!

but no seriously, make that trapinch part of your team. Once its a vibrava and then a flygon it will will be incredible. Ad you can run different sets with it depending on what you need (phys, spec, mix).

Id go for Lileep over anorith. I've ever been a fan of pokemon who are weak to themselves (it has a rock typing and a rock weakness). Besides Lileep are bulky as all fuck and have soem good typing with decent stats (except its speed but its a barnacle so it just being over 10 is impressive). Besides, Anorith is weak to water, and with the amount of surfing you do in this game in particular, thats such a liability.

emeraldrafael:
WOO! Im a pokemon, youd better use me!

but no seriously, make that trapinch part of your team. Once its a vibrava and then a flygon it will will be incredible. Ad you can run different sets with it depending on what you need (phys, spec, mix).

Id go for Lileep over anorith. I've ever been a fan of pokemon who are weak to themselves (it has a rock typing and a rock weakness). Besides Lileep are bulky as all fuck and have soem good typing with decent stats (except its speed but its a barnacle so it just being over 10 is impressive). Besides, Anorith is weak to water, and with the amount of surfing you do in this game in particular, thats such a liability.

That was the plan, my friend. Flygon is rather powerful

And the vote so far is tied. Oh well. We still have a few more people who get to vote.

Definitely Anorith. For the same reason that everyone picked Kabutos in Gen I: It's totally badass compared to the alternative. Perhaps you could call it 'Blade' or 'Slasher'?

CM156:

emeraldrafael:
snip

And the vote so far is tied. Oh well. We still have a few more people who get to vote.

Cool. what is the trapinch's nature by the way? Cuase if you get something like adamant or jolly you may as well just have it as full attack, otherwise it will be useless.

Well I have no preference for the fossils. Honestly I never really care for any of the fossilized pokemon. Can't wait for Flygon though, that thing usually means bad news for anyone not using it.

emeraldrafael:

CM156:

emeraldrafael:
snip

Cool. what is the trapinch's nature by the way? Cuase if you get something like adamant or jolly you may as well just have it as full attack, otherwise it will be useless.

"Gentle" nature. And its effect is hyper-cutter. I'm guessing that the first one isn't so good.

CM156:

emeraldrafael:

CM156:

"Gentle" nature. And its effect is hyper-cutter. I'm guessing that the first one isn't so good.

Gentle increases Sp. Defense, decreases Defense. Base stats for Defense and Sp. Defense are equal, so it's not a particularly bad nature to have. The names of the natures are rather misleading, sometimes.

Finally I've caught up with this, LP I've been away for a while, I am afraid I can't think of any answers for the op's previous questions but I will answer this one, personally I would go for the Claw fossil. Or you could just toss a coin, heads=claw fossil tails=root fossil.

Also does anyone else think Flannery is awesome? She does give a pretty good TM, side effect aside Overheat is powerful saved my ass many times in Leaf Green.

CM156:

emeraldrafael:

CM156:

well, Gentle is Sp. Def+, Def - so that doesnt really change since both are a base 80. Just means you cant take as many sp. atks as you can atks. I guess you could say an advantage, since its x4 weak to ice andm ost ice moves in that game are special, and x2 weak to dragon.

And that hypercutter just means its attack cant be lowered (thought stuff like growl) but that will go away when it evolves and gets Levitate, so it cant be hit by ground moves. Much better ability really.

this is just my suggestion, but I would teach it:
Crunch
Dragon Claw/Breath
Earthquake
Steel Wing/Flamethrower

With leaning more towards flamethrower cause it would be more worthwhile.

Yo. Lileep is the better choice, bro.

Mainly because of that badass defense stat.

Stealth Rock their ass and throw Confuse Rays at them!!!!

FilipJPhry:
Yo. Lileep is the better choice, bro.

Mainly because of that badass defense stat.

Stealth Rock their ass and throw Confuse Rays at them!!!!

But there is no stealth rock in this game though :/

Let's Play: Pokemon Ruby Mini-Update 3: In which we get something hard

Because this is a mini-update, I have a non-pokemon related question for you all. Is there anything in particular you've asked for this holiday season? I asked for a Cold M4 Carbine (.22 Tactical Rimfire). It's a target rifle, which should be apparent because it shoots .22 LR.

Also, voting is still open for the fossil, and it will be until Noon on Saturday, Central Standard Time. I'll announce the winner then, and then we'll decide on names.

The vote is as follows:

Lileep:
UncleUlty
Emeraldrafael
FilipJPhry

Anorith:
Dr_Horrible
StorytellingIsAMust
Melon Hunter
knight of some random number

Note that you don't have to be a regular reader of this LP in order to vote.

I asked for a 3ds.

seriously, thats all I asked for.

Also, you should raise a wingull to pelipper and troll the slakings in normans gym. and are you going to fight all the trainers?

emeraldrafael:
I asked for a 3ds.

Also, you should raise a wingull to pelipper and troll the slakings in normans gym. and are you going to fight all the trainers?

Gunna ask for some games?

Anorith, All the way!

For Xmas, I asked for a PSP because they're cheap now and have a wide selection of good exclusive titles (VCII, here I come!)

by the way, what program do you use to upload the pics on the escapist?

sextus the crazy:

emeraldrafael:
I asked for a 3ds.

no. My ds games will work fine, nd theres nothing really that jumps out that i want.

emeraldrafael:

sextus the crazy:

emeraldrafael:
I asked for a 3ds.

no. My ds games will work fine, nd theres nothing really that jumps out that i want.

I totally agree.

Personally, I'm waiting for this --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAqGs441qzU

sextus the crazy:
snip

Im waiting for nintendo to officially announce and release the remake of R/S

emeraldrafael:

sextus the crazy:
snip

Yeah, but hopefully they won't be 3DS exclusive. I want to be able to just use my regular DS, thank you.

Anyway...I didn't really ask for anything specific for Christmas. I'm terrible to shop for, because I'd rather just buy anything I want for myself with my own money.

StorytellingIsAMust:

emeraldrafael:

sextus the crazy:
snip

Yeah, but hopefully they won't be 3DS exclusive. I want to be able to just use my regular DS, thank you.

Anyway...I didn't really ask for anything specific for Christmas. I'm terrible to shop for, because I'd rather just buy anything I want for myself with my own money.

It would be for the 3ds. nintendo is really trying to sell games for it, and I cant imagine they wouldnt want the chance to make that a 3d game.

emeraldrafael:

StorytellingIsAMust:

emeraldrafael:

It would be for the 3ds. nintendo is really trying to sell games for it, and I cant imagine they wouldnt want the chance to make that a 3d game.

Black and White were already as late in the DS's life as possible, so they're obviously gunna release for 3DS. The real question is "Will they make any good use of the 3D technology and/or will they make all the pokemon out of polygons instead of sprites.

emeraldrafael:

StorytellingIsAMust:

emeraldrafael:

Yeah, I know, but I can dream.

sextus the crazy:

For Xmas, I asked for a PSP because they're cheap now and have a wide selection of good exclusive titles (VCII, here I come!)

OH, that sounds like fun.

The vote is currently 3-5, in favor of Anorith.

Imgur. Why do you ask?

Annnnnnd voting is done. That you for being a part of democracy. The choice was Anorith, by popular vote. Now we just simply need a name for it. And then I can update. Sometime.

There will not be a Christmas update, because I'll likely be spending time with my family. That, however, give you time to come up with a name for Anorith

Hey guys, I'd like to wish you all a Merry Christmas, a Happy Hannakuah, and a nice holiday break to everyone...if you get a break, anyway.

CM156:

sextus the crazy:

Imgur. Why do you ask?

Thinking of doing and LP, myself.

As for Anorith, name it "the claw!"

StorytellingIsAMust:
Hey guys, I'd like to wish you all a Merry Christmas, a Happy Hannakuah, and a nice holiday break to everyone...if you get a break, anyway.

Same to you, my friend!

sextus the crazy:

CM156:

sextus the crazy:

Imgur. Why do you ask?

Thinking of doing and LP, myself.

Ah, well. Be sure to send me a link if you do.

StorytellingIsAMust:

To you, too!

sextus the crazy:

StorytellingIsAMust:

To you, too!

Same to everyone here!

By the way, "The Claw" is a good name idea. So if no one comes p with anything else, I'll be doing that.

sextus the crazy:

"The claw is our master. It decides who goes and who stays."

CM156:

sextus the crazy:

Imgur. Why do you ask?

Got the PSP, but I didn't come with a memory card :(

sextus the crazy:

CM156:

sextus the crazy:

Imgur. Why do you ask?

Got the PSP, but I didn't come with a memory card :(

Oh. Pity. I did get the M4 that I asked for. And a few extra magazines.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 . . . 24 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked