Let's Play: Pokemon Ruby Post Game 4: In which we face off against evil

Pages PREV 1 . . . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 . . . 24 NEXT

CM156:

Oh. Pity. I did get the M4 that I asked for. And a few extra magazines.

It's alright. Ill just get one in the morning. Beside, I've got like 5 new WWII books I gotta read through.

sextus the crazy:

CM156:

It's alright. Ill just get one in the morning. Beside, I've got like 5 new WWII books I gotta read through.

Ohhhhhh, that sounds like fun.

*Thread Derailed*

Anyways, to get this somewhat back on topic, I'm trying to decide how much post game content I'll be doing. Do people wanna see the catching of the three regi-legendaries?

CM156:

sextus the crazy:

CM156:

*Thread Derailed*

Anyways, to get this somewhat back on topic, I'm trying to decide how much post game content I'll be doing. Do people wanna see the catching of the three regi-legendaries?

If you feel like it, I have no real preference.

sextus the crazy:

CM156:

sextus the crazy:

*Thread Derailed*

If you feel like it, I have no real preference.

The thing is, I can think of funny jokes up to the end there. After the final battle, I really can't think of much funny stuff. I mean, the amount of work you have to go to, in order to get them, is rather funny. But that's it.

CM156:
The thing is, I can think of funny jokes up to the end there. After the final battle, I really can't think of much funny stuff. I mean, the amount of work you have to go to, in order to get them, is rather funny. But that's it.

Maybe after finishing all the fun stuff in this game you could even move on to another game to LP?

ChupathingyX:

CM156:

Maybe after finishing all the fun stuff in this game you could even move on to another game to LP?

Perhaps. I won't be doing Neverwinter Nights 2, though. I don't think I could do justice to the game.

CM156:

ChupathingyX:

CM156:

Perhaps. I won't be doing Neverwinter Nights 2, though. I don't think I could do justice to the game.

Well, what other games do you like? just pick one of them.

CM156:

Yeah, sure, if you want to do it.

sextus the crazy:

CM156:

ChupathingyX:

Well, what other games do you like? just pick one of them.

Perhaps another Pokemon game. Who knows? I'd have to think about it.

CM156:

If you do another you should try a hack version. I hear Blaze Black is fun, so is Bloody Platinum, and Scorched Earth Red (Ive seen people play that, and it really gives you a reason to hate gary other than him being a total douche) too. Or an Alt. Evo hack.

As to a name... I like claw, but i thinking more inspector Gadget claw.

emeraldrafael:

CM156:

If you do another you should try a hack version. I hear Blaze Black is fun, so is Bloody Platinum, and Scorched Earth Red (Ive seen people play that, and it really gives you a reason to hate gary other than him being a total douche) too. Or an Alt. Evo hack.

As to a name... I like claw, but i thinking more inspector Gadget claw.

Well, I'll think about it. I've got a lot to consider.

The name "Dr. Claw" is currently the one I like best. Everyone alright with that?

CM156:
snip

Oka. was just a suggestion if you want to keep going with pokemon games.

Oh as to the Regi things, If you want to it would be nice and there are some jokes in it im sure, but i dont thinkthat they are end game things, and that you can actually go get them whenever you want.

emeraldrafael:

CM156:
snip

Oh as to the Regi things, If you want to it would be nice and there are some jokes in it im sure, but i dont thinkthat they are end game things, and that you can actually go get them whenever you want.

MMmmm, I see. Well, I do have something of an ending planned, but that's a way off.

I might go with either Pearl/Diamond or HeartGold/SoulSilver

CM156:

Well, if you had to choose between the two, I think that Diamond/Pearl would allow for better jokes against the villains than HeartGold/SoulSilver.

StorytellingIsAMust:

CM156:

Well, if you had to choose between the two, I think that Diamond/Pearl would allow for better jokes against the villains than HeartGold/SoulSilver.

Yes, yes it would/ As I said, Cyrus is a bit Nihilistic. And he's just silly at some points.

CM156:

emeraldrafael:

CM156:
snip

MMmmm, I see. Well, I do have something of an ending planned, but that's a way off.

really I'd say it depends on how much work youre looking to put in it. HG/SS can be quite time consuming and waring on a person. Plus, I just enjoy D/P, mostly cause I have a game crush on Cheryl.

You should go with Empoleon if you do. His the best starter especially at end game. You can always just catch a ponyta, or a pokemon to learn fire moves.

emeraldrafael:

CM156:

emeraldrafael:

really I'd say it depends on how much work youre looking to put in it. HG/SS can be quite time consuming and waring on a person. Plus, I just enjoy D/P, mostly cause I have a game crush on Cheryl.

You should go with Empoleon if you do. His the best starter especially at end game. You can always just catch a ponyta, or a pokemon to learn fire moves.

Cheryl? Oh, yeah. She's that hippie, right? The one with the green hair?

Anyhoo, I'll be doing a mini update next.

CM156:
snip

Shes not a hippie per say. she was in the woods and felt she could use help getting through (which if you battle with her chansey its hard to disagree). in the anime she was more of a honey collector than a hippie.

emeraldrafael:

CM156:
snip

Shes not a hippie per say. she was in the woods and felt she could use help getting through (which if you battle with her chansey its hard to disagree). in the anime she was more of a honey collector than a hippie.

I always did like the idea of teaming up with a random NPC for a part of the game. I especially liked hanging out with Riley because he had a Lucario and he seemed like a guy I'd like to go fight bad guys with.

StorytellingIsAMust:

emeraldrafael:

CM156:
snip

I always did like the idea of teaming up with a random NPC for a part of the game. I especially liked hanging out with Riley because he had a Lucario and he seemed like a guy I'd like to go fight bad guys with.

I think the one I liked the least was Buck, just kinda he was kinda a dick. Character wise cheryl was my favorite, but battling wise I think Marley was my favorite.

Let's Play: Pokemon Ruby Mini-Update 3.5: In which we play Arceus

Off topic question time: Everyone have a fun time over Christmas? I had family over. Awkward as always. Thank goodness my aunt didn't show up.

CM156:

Off topic question time: Everyone have a fun time over Christmas? I had family over. Awkward as always. Thank goodness my aunt didn't show up.

I had a good time watching a 3 year old cousin try to open presents with a toy chainsaw.

Yay you choose Anorith.

Anyway I had a pretty good Christmas, finally got my hands on Heartgold been playing it non-stop on the Elite Four already.

knight of some random number:
Yay you choose Anorith.

Anyway I had a pretty good Christmas, finally got my hands on Heartgold been playing it non-stop on the Elite Four already.

I didn't choose. The American people chose!

HeartGold was a very fun game.

It was good for the most part,kinda sucked that my uncle was back in the hospital on Christmas eve but he's out and feeling better now.

So how many times did it take you to get the fastest/perfect on the bike trail? and what was your time?

Anyway, my christmas was good.

For Christmas, I asked for new hockey gear. Got it!

Name the Anorith Ronaldo. "Ronaldo the Armaldo".

FilipJPhry:

Also, I did have a great time on Christmas. We made a mini-rink in my aunt's backyard.

EDIT: Dammit, I clicked the quote button instead of the edit one. *first world problems*

emeraldrafael:
So how many times did it take you to get the fastest/perfect on the bike trail? and what was your time?

Actually, I've never gotten a perfect in any reasonable amount of time.

I find it funny that a guy sits at the bottom of a road and comments on your skill.

FilipJPhry:

he's already named it dr. claw.

CM156:

emeraldrafael:

I find it funny that a guy sits at the bottom of a road and comments on your skill.

I've always wondered why there wasnt a guy at the top to do the same. For some reason i do better going north than I do south.

emeraldrafael:

FilipJPhry:

he's already named it dr. claw.

CM156:

emeraldrafael:

I've always wondered why there wasnt a guy at the top to do the same. For some reason i do better going north than I do south.

I think adults put a bit too much thinking into pokemon. Though I attribute it to the fact that the first generation of pokemon fans (my generation) are now adults who grew up, thinking about the show.

CM156:

I think adults put a bit too much thinking into pokemon. Though I attribute it to the fact that the first generation of pokemon fans (my generation) are now adults who grew up, thinking about the show.

Too true. I always enjoyed wondering exactly what the relationship between the Pokemon League and the government was considering that the Champion, Elite Four, and Gym Leaders love to act like they are the law.

StorytellingIsAMust:

CM156:

Too true. I always enjoyed wondering exactly what the relationship between the Pokemon League and the government was considering that the Champion, Elite Four, and Gym Leaders love to act like they are the law.

Perhaps they are the law. I doubt pokemon world has a written constitution, as that's more a western law thing.

CM156:

StorytellingIsAMust:

CM156:

Perhaps they are the law. I doubt pokemon world has a written constitution, as that's more a western law thing.

Ah, like a feudalistic society. The Champion is the king/queen, the Elite Four are the upper nobility, and the Gym Leaders are the lower nobles that govern specific areas of the realm.

Which also means that the Champion is elected by virtue of being the strongest a la ancient Sparta, and I guess the Elite Four and Gym Leaders are appointed.

StorytellingIsAMust:

CM156:

StorytellingIsAMust:

Ah, like a feudalistic society. The Champion is the king/queen, the Elite Four are the upper nobility, and the Gym Leaders are the lower nobles that govern specific areas of the realm.

Which also means that the Champion is elected by virtue of being the strongest a la ancient Sparta, and I guess the Elite Four and Gym Leaders are appointed.

That... that actually makes an insane amount of sense. Which explains why everyone wants to be the pokemon master. But where do the professors fit into all of this?

Pages PREV 1 . . . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 . . . 24 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked