Let's Play: Pokemon Ruby Post Game 4: In which we face off against evil

Pages PREV 1 . . . 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 . . . 24 NEXT

Let's Play: Pokemon Ruby Mini-Update 5: In which we go on a quiz show

Off topic question time: What was your 2011 GotY? For me, it was Deus Ex: Human Revolution, because it tackled the issue of transhumanism, and I greatly enjoyed the multiple pathways to objectives. Plus, I found the social boss battles fun, because I usually play a "Talk-first-then-fight" sort of fellow in RPGs

CM156:

Let's Play: Pokemon Ruby 18: In which we're as free as a bird

Question: Would you, if you could, live in the world of pokemon? I for one would not. It's just too weird a place. Also, organized crime is rampant, and law enforcement is weak. It's a nice place to visit, but not to live.

Fuck Yeah I would live there. Just give me an Eevee, a Pokedex, and a backpack full of dreams!... I would be dead in a week.

Solo-Wing:

CM156:

Let's Play: Pokemon Ruby 18: In which we're as free as a bird

Question: Would you, if you could, live in the world of pokemon? I for one would not. It's just too weird a place. Also, organized crime is rampant, and law enforcement is weak. It's a nice place to visit, but not to live.

Fuck Yeah I would live there. Just give me an Eevee, a Pokedex, and a backpack full of dreams!... I would be dead in a week.

You know, I don't think I've ever seen anyone die in pokemon. Does that mean people there are immortal?

Wow.

CM156:

Solo-Wing:

You know, I don't think I've ever seen anyone die in pokemon. Does that mean people there are immortal?

Wow.

people die in pokemon. The number who die is proportional to the darkness and maturity of the portrayal of pokemon.

for example, in the manga (the darkest of the series):

(Warning: Massive spoilers!)

CM156:

Off topic question time: What was your 2011 GotY? For me, it was Deus Ex: Human Revolution, because it tackled the issue of transhumanism, and I greatly enjoyed the multiple pathways to objectives. Plus, I found the social boss battles fun, because I usually play a "Talk-first-then-fight" sort of fellow in RPGs

Pokemon Black and white, maybe. To be honest,I'm not sure this year. Almost All of the games that I played a lot and/or fell in love with this year were 2010 or before.
I did play 50 hours worth of Black, but that's barely anything coming from me.

sextus the crazy:

CM156:

Solo-Wing:

Wow.

people die in pokemon. The number who die is proportional to the darkness and maturity of the portrayal of pokemon.

for example, in the manga (the darkest of the series):

(Warning: Massive spoilers!)

CM156:

Pokemon Black and white, maybe. To be honest,I'm not sure this year. Almost All of the games that I played a lot and/or fell in love with this year were 2010 or before.

Oh? If you don't mind me asking, what games were those? I played quite a bit of Dragon Age Origins last year as well. That was a pretty fun game.

Let's Play: Pokemon Ruby 19: In which we mess with the afterlife

Question time: Do you/did you ever read the pokemon manga series and if so what did you think of it?

CM156:

sextus the crazy:

Oh? If you don't mind me asking, what games were those? I played quite a bit of Dragon Age Origins last year as well. That was a pretty fun game.

9 hours, 9 persons, 9 doors
Civilization V
few others that I can't remember off the top of my head.

CM156:

Question time: Do you/did you ever read the pokemon manga series and if so what did you think of it?

Read it. Was good. You knew this already.

AH! I missed two updates! D8

Part 18:
I'd have to see what kinda compensation monetary wise you get for being a trainer as a professional career, but probably. I wouldnt mind going from town to town, battling and training wth my pokemon, living off the land and occasional mart visits. Then once I get old enough settle down and go for a gym leader position.

Also Im glad to see Im getting training., maybe now we'll see more of me XD

Mini Update 5:
Youd think the skills the guy shows when he puts together his house course he'd be a jack of all trades contractor. Also, what is Tm 12 again?

My personaly GoTY is either Catherine or Black/White. Both were great games, one showed Atlus is more than SMT and could use choice system effectively (or at least betterthan the average games) while also having an adult smart plot. The other revitalized the series, and is probably the best sequel to the game since G/S/C with the pokemon it added and the game mechanics.

Part 19:
You gonn start loading up on lemonades now too, or just use hyper potions?

I did read the manga, and Ihought it was pretty good. It was better than the anime really, though I never got into the whole "ash vs red" debate that internet had.

Yes I did and I love it, the series is in my top 3 manga series.

Also Like EmeraldrafeI also never got into the "Ash vs Red" debate, especially since you really can't compare the two characters.

emeraldrafael:
AH! I missed two updates! D8

Part 18:
I'd have to see what kinda compensation monetary wise you get for being a trainer as a professional career, but probably. I wouldnt mind going from town to town, battling and training wth my pokemon, living off the land and occasional mart visits. Then once I get old enough settle down and go for a gym leader position.

Also Im glad to see Im getting training., maybe now we'll see more of me XD

Mini Update 5:
Youd think the skills the guy shows when he puts together his house course he'd be a jack of all trades contractor. Also, what is Tm 12 again?

My personaly GoTY is either Catherine or Black/White. Both were great games, one showed Atlus is more than SMT and could use choice system effectively (or at least betterthan the average games) while also having an adult smart plot. The other revitalized the series, and is probably the best sequel to the game since G/S/C with the pokemon it added and the game mechanics.

Part 19:
You gonn start loading up on lemonades now too, or just use hyper potions?

I did read the manga, and Ihought it was pretty good. It was better than the anime really, though I never got into the whole "ash vs red" debate that internet had.

TM 12 is taunt.

As for lemonades, I really don't like using healing items, but if I am to use them, I'll likely fill up on those above the other items.

sextus the crazy:

While Organized crime is rampant, all other types of crime are non-existant and Vigilante Justice seems to be well-organized and effective. Also, free healthcare for pets despite a lack of any real government. Come to think of it, the Pokemon world is like the Fallout universe except without it being shit.

Especially since neither universe has toilets.

CM156:

Let's Play: Pokemon Ruby Mini-Update 5: In which we go on a quiz show

Either Portal 2 or Arkham City. Those two were the most fun that I've played so they win.

I finished up to the yellow arc and waiting for my friend to catch up.

It is in a word awesome,though as I mentioned earlier everyone is kind of an asshole. Still a very fun read and moves at a really nice clip.

UncleUlty:

It is in a word awesome,though as I mentioned earlier everyone is kind of an asshole. Still a very fun read and moves at a really nice clip.

I see.

By the way, I don't know if I've asked this, but where is your avatar from? It looks like I've seen it somewhere in passing.

StorytellingIsAMust:

sextus the crazy:

While Organized crime is rampant, all other types of crime are non-existant and Vigilante Justice seems to be well-organized and effective. Also, free healthcare for pets despite a lack of any real government. Come to think of it, the Pokemon world is like the Fallout universe except without it being shit.

Except for Fallout, which has plenty of toilets to drink from.

UncleUlty:

Probably the best part of the series is that the villians seem threatening and the heroes are not only competent, but are exceptional in their battling due to their intelligence.

Let's Play: Pokemon Ruby 20: In which we watch something get jacked

Question: Did you ever collect pokemon cards? For a while when I was young, I did. But then I dropped the hobby around generation 3.

Oh, and I'll be catching a Wailmer soon. Naming time again!

I still collect the cards but only for collectors sake that and I still think they're pretty cool, although I no longer play the actual card game anymore.

Now nicknames, the only I can think of is Moby Dick but that sounds too cliche.

Franky? as in Franky the Wailmer.

Used to play Pokemon cards all the time in Generation 1. Then Yugioh stole my money.

As for the Wailmer, let's call him Ishmael.

sextus the crazy:

StorytellingIsAMust:

sextus the crazy:

Oh, crap that's right, haven't played Fallout in forever.

knight of some random number:
I still collect the cards but only for collectors sake that and I still think they're pretty cool, although I no longer play the actual card game anymore.

I was never any good at the card game, to be honest. Mostly because the rules confused me.

StorytellingIsAMust:
Used to play Pokemon cards all the time in Generation 1. Then Yugioh stole my money.

sextus the crazy:

StorytellingIsAMust:

Ishmael? That's a pretty good name. But what if it's a woman?

CM156:

I was never any good at the card game, to be honest. Mostly because the rules confused me.

StorytellingIsAMust:

sextus the crazy:

I wasn't very good either, probably why I stopped playing.

I like Ishamael as well, but how about Wilma if it's female?

CM156:

StorytellingIsAMust:

Uh....I have no idea.

CM156:

StorytellingIsAMust:

I wasn't very good either, probably why I stopped playing.

I like Ishamael as well, but how about Wilma if it's female?

"Wilma" is a rather good name, as is Ishmael. But I'll keep the naming autosuggestion open. But f

CM156:

Funny story: I read that as: "He's off to jack off a submarine". Brain, you so silly.

It's long, hard, and full of sea men.

CM156:

Question: Did you ever collect pokemon cards? For a while when I was young, I did. But then I dropped the hobby around generation 3.

Oh, and I'll be catching a Wailmer soon. Naming time again!

I collected up until the mid-end of the 3rd generation. then I realized that having no one to play with, I was wasting my money. I also collected Yugioh and Magic up until the same point.

That said, I still love the game (the pokemon tcg gameboy game is really fun.)

as for the name, pick any from here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moby-Dick)

I prefer Queequeg, personally

sextus the crazy:

sextus the crazy:
I collected up until the mid-end of the 3rd generation. then I realized that having no one to play with, I was wasting my money. I also collected Yugioh and Magic up until the same point.

Personally, I had some cards until a while ago, when my mother gave them away (with my permission) to a special needs child who really loved them. So I feel like it wasn't a total waste of money :P

By the way, how do you pronounce "Queequeg"?

yup still following just haven't had the urge to comment on any of the questions. But I was way into the first generation of cards. Even had the GBC game. Then Yu-Gi-Oh came around.

sage42:
yup still following just haven't had the urge to comment on any of the questions. But I was way into the first generation of cards. Even had the GBC game. Then Yu-Gi-Oh came around.

You know, for some reason, I never got in to Yu-Gi-Oh. Perhaps it was the element of dark magic that my mother (A conservative christian) didn't like that made the game stay out of our household.

CM156:

sage42:

You know, for some reason, I never got in to Yu-Gi-Oh. Perhaps it was the element of dark magic that my mother (A conservative christian) didn't like that made the game stay out of our household.

It was hard NOT to get into Yu-Gi-Oh for me. All my friends played it, everyone else in school played it. Hell by the time the second week the cards was out I was the only one in school who didn't have a set to call his own. That changed once the fad fell out of popularity/was banned from school.

sage42:

CM156:

sage42:

It was hard NOT to get into Yu-Gi-Oh for me. All my friends played it, everyone else in school played it. Hell by the time the second week the cards was out I was the only one in school who didn't have a set to call his own. That changed once the fad fell out of popularity/was banned from school.

They almost banned the cards from my school, too. But they decide against it.

It fell out of popularity rather quickly, and people just talked about the anime. Which I never watched.

CM156:

UncleUlty:

I see.

By the way, I don't know if I've asked this, but where is your avatar from? It looks like I've seen it somewhere in passing.

It's Fuuka and Koromaru from P3 on the Velvet room couch. Found it when I was looking for a Pub club banner and liked it better than my last Fuuka avatar, so I ended up using that and Fuuka Persona Summing close up as my banner.

EDIT for Update 20: I collected them when I was younger but never knew how to actually play the game so I made my mom play a weird version of it with me because despite that totally believable post about my all my friends, I didn't have that many(shocking I know) and none really liked Pokemon(more into Digimon)

As for the Wailmer: Skitty, named for this trope http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HotSkittyOnWailordAction,yeah it's kinda immature but I still laugh at it everytime

CM156:

It fell out of popularity rather quickly, and people just talked about the anime. Which I never watched.

Yu-Gi-Oh cards (along with Pokemon cards did get banned at my school).

Of course the only thing that did was encourage everyone to collect and bring them to school. Kids would find secluded spots in the school and trade the cards to each other like an illegal drug trade in a dark alley.

In retrospect it was pretty funny.

ChupathingyX:

CM156:

Yu-Gi-Oh cards (along with Pokemon cards did get banned at my school).

Of course the only thing that did was encourage everyone to collect and bring them to school. Kids would find secluded spots in the school and trade the cards to each other like an illegal drug trade in a dark alley.

In retrospect it was pretty funny.

That is pretty funny. But it's not at all shocking, after all. If you create an incentive for an illegal market, one will start to exist. And when pokemon is outlawed, only outlaws will have pokemon!

Let's Play: Pokemon Ruby 21: In which we go sailing

Question time: Who else in your family plays pokemon, if anyone? For me, it's really only my younger brother and my cousins.

CM156:

image ..These bosses, I swear they're purposely trying to set themselves to fail.

That Ruby 20 comic was hilarious, especially since the scientist was trying to figure out why Team Magma would steal his submarine for. It's really obvious but sometimes I question as to why anyone would entrust people wearing red robes who call themselves a cheesy gang name for?

CM156:

image Dear sweet Celestia, it is white!!

Out of all the images and liners I saw, that is obviously the oddest message because it's so.. obvious that the rock is white (literally) so why would she say it's a white rock when you can clearly see it for yourself? That, and that one guy going "Hehehe" so many times made me bust up laughing. He might be the Joker in disguise.. Mm.

I'm becoming quite a fan of your series, it's quite hilarious. Do link me whenever you do one, I enjoy these a lot. Plus, if you so happen to capture a Pokemon that deals with the sea like say a magikarp then name him (or her) "Magic *snort 2x*" if it fits haha. Up to you though. ^_^

CM156:

sextus the crazy:

sextus the crazy:

Personally, I had some cards until a while ago, when my mother gave them away (with my permission) to a special needs child who really loved them. So I feel like it wasn't a total waste of money :P

By the way, how do you pronounce "Queequeg"?

pronounced Kwee-Kweg.

CM156:

Question time: Who else in your family plays pokemon, if anyone? For me, it's really only my younger brother and my cousins.

Lol at the IED & 99% joke.

no one in my family plays and neither do my friends (hence why I never play)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 . . . 24 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked