Let's Play: Pokemon Ruby Post Game 4: In which we face off against evil

Pages PREV 1 . . . 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 . . . 24 NEXT

Caramel Frappe:

CM156:

image ..These bosses, I swear they're purposely trying to set themselves to fail.

That Ruby 20 comic was hilarious, especially since the scientist was trying to figure out why Team Magma would steal his submarine for. It's really obvious but sometimes I question as to why anyone would entrust people wearing red robes who call themselves a cheesy gang name for?

CM156:

image Dear sweet Celestia, it is white!!

Out of all the images and liners I saw, that is obviously the oddest message because it's so.. obvious that the rock is white (literally) so why would she say it's a white rock when you can clearly see it for yourself? That, and that one guy going "Hehehe" so many times made me bust up laughing. He might be the Joker in disguise.. Mm.

I'm becoming quite a fan of your series, it's quite hilarious. Do link me whenever you do one, I enjoy these a lot. Plus, if you so happen to capture a Pokemon that deals with the sea like say a magikarp then name him (or her) "Magic *snort 2x*" if it fits haha. Up to you though. ^_^

Well, as I said, you can always bookmark this thread. I change the title of the thread whenever I update. But if you'd like me to message you each time, sure. I suppose I could do that.

sextus the crazy:

CM156:

sextus the crazy:
It's long, hard, and full of sea men.

sextus the crazy:
I collected up until the mid-end of the 3rd generation. then I realized that having no one to play with, I was wasting my money. I also collected Yugioh and Magic up until the same point.

That said, I still love the game (the pokemon tcg gameboy game is really fun.)

as for the name, pick any from here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moby-Dick)

I prefer Queequeg, personally

Personally, I had some cards until a while ago, when my mother gave them away (with my permission) to a special needs child who really loved them. So I feel like it wasn't a total waste of money :P

By the way, how do you pronounce "Queequeg"?

pronounced Kwee-Kweg.

CM156:

Question time: Who else in your family plays pokemon, if anyone? For me, it's really only my younger brother and my cousins.

Lol at the IED & 99% joke.

no one in my family plays and neither do my friends (hence why I never play)

1% of the trainers have 60% of the pokemon!

Occupy Pallet Town!

By the way, if you don't mind me asking, how did you come up with your name, Mr. Sextus?

CM156:
Well, as I said, you can always bookmark this thread. I change the title of the thread whenever I update. But if you'd like me to message you each time, sure. I suppose I could do that.

Yes please. I've tried bookmarking threads.. but I tend to forget. Bookmarking by tabs also doesn't cut it for me since I to many for things like Youtube, DeviantArt, The Escapist, ect. Still if you message me each time I would be happy to reply toward your "Let's Play" posts.

I've even read a bit farther back and still laughing. I wonder if the producers clearly wanted to make the bad guy's comments seem oblivious as to what they're really saying.

Caramel Frappe:

CM156:

Yes please. I've tried bookmarking threads.. but I tend to forget. Bookmarking by tabs also doesn't cut it for me since I to many for things like Youtube, DeviantArt, The Escapist, ect. Still if you message me each time I would be happy to reply toward your "Let's Play" posts.

I've even read a bit farther back and still laughing. I wonder if the producers clearly wanted to make the bad guy's comments seem oblivious as to what they're really saying.

Alright, I'll be sure to do so.

But yeah. As I said, these guys are just such cartoons of villains. They're really no threat.

A few of my cousins before they hit the if it looks kiddy it's crap age(around age 12-15) but other than that no.

UncleUlty:
A few of my cousins before they hit the if it looks kiddy it's crap age(around age 12-15) but other than that no.

You know, I've personally never really understood that argument. Sure, it can be childish, but part of being an adult is to still have one or two childish things you can go back to from time to time.

CM156:

UncleUlty:

You know, I've personally never really understood that argument. Sure, it can be childish, but part of being an adult is to still have one or two childish things you can go back to from time to time.

I think the logic is that there so ready to be adults that they think associating with anything remotely kiddy will make them look childish.

I used to collect pokemon cards, but then I realized energy costs are bullshit and I got into yugioh.

And my sister plays pokemon, which bothers me because she beat white faster than I did, and she just started getting up ona high horse about how much better she was even though it jsut meansshe has less of a life. bsides, she doesnt have near the hours I do and this is her first pokemon game despite being 13. and it didnt help my underleveled EV/IV trained team smacked around her level 100 team with an uber.

and do you still need a name for wailmer?

emeraldrafael:
I used to collect pokemon cards, but then I realized energy costs are bullshit and I got into yugioh.

And my sister plays pokemon, which bothers me because she beat white faster than I did, and she just started getting up ona high horse about how much better she was even though it jsut meansshe has less of a life. bsides, she doesnt have near the hours I do and this is her first pokemon game despite being 13. and it didnt help my underleveled EV/IV trained team smacked around her level 100 team with an uber.

and do you still need a name for wailmer?

Energy costs... are bullshit!

And yes, I can still use another name for a Wailmer. Mostly female names though

CM156:

emeraldrafael:
ssnip

well, I think they are. I mean, i would be fine with them if you didnt have to discard after using. It basically means that in a standard 40 card deck you have to have at least close to 20 be energy cards just to attack. ad if one of your primary pokemon gets killed your pretty much screwed.

and oka, well, there goes my idea of Jonah. Hm... See if the name Blue Fairy fits (From Pinocchio)!

emeraldrafael:

CM156:

emeraldrafael:
ssnip

well, I think they are. I mean, i would be fine with them if you didnt have to discard after using. It basically means that in a standard 40 card deck you have to have at least close to 20 be energy cards just to attack. ad if one of your primary pokemon gets killed your pretty much screwed.

and oka, well, there goes my idea of Jonah. Hm... See if the name Blue Fairy fits (From Pinocchio)!

I think 10 is the max limit, so Blue Fairy fits. However, I'm torn between "Jonah", " Queequeg" and " Ishmael". What do ya'll think?

Oh, and as a side note, the debate tonight was really funny.

I think they're all funny cnsidering its a girl whale. XD

but id say Jonah, since its the oldest and probably the most famous whale story.

CM156:

sextus the crazy:
I collected up until the mid-end of the 3rd generation. then I realized that having no one to play with, I was wasting my money. I also collected Yugioh and Magic up until the same point.

That said, I still love the game (the pokemon tcg gameboy game is really fun.)

as for the name, pick any from here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moby-Dick)

I prefer Queequeg, personally

Personally, I had some cards until a while ago, when my mother gave them away (with my permission) to a special needs child who really loved them. So I feel like it wasn't a total waste of money :P

By the way, how do you pronounce "Queequeg"?

pronounced Kwee-Kweg.

CM156:

Question time: Who else in your family plays pokemon, if anyone? For me, it's really only my younger brother and my cousins.

Lol at the IED & 99% joke.

no one in my family plays and neither do my friends (hence why I never play)

CM156:

1% of the trainers have 60% of the pokemon!

Occupy Pallet Town!

By the way, if you don't mind me asking, how did you come up with your name, Mr. Sextus?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ecce_Romani

It's the little blond shit from this text book series. My buddy and I took names from this book for some reason and It's stuck ever since.

Personally, I like said character because he is the focus of the two best chapters in the series. "the chapter "why is sextus a pest?" (this one doesn't need any more explanation) and another chapter in which he make shit up in a letter he writes to his dad in Asia minor.

Just me and my younger brother. We battle and trade all the time I even do a few what if battles with him in Black and White. Such as a Steven Stone Rematch team, if he used Pokemon from other regions besides his own.

CM156:

Let's Play: Pokemon Ruby 21: In which we go sailing

Both of my younger brothers, my roommate, and almost all of my friends at school. I love hanging out with nerds.

Let's Play: Pokemon Ruby 22: In which we're shuffling

Rather than a question right away, I'm going to be announcing a contest. In not to long, we'll be catching Groudon. As usual, I'll be taking naming suggestions. However, I'm going to let one of you, dear readers, decide which name we'll use. How do we do it?

A simple contest. I'm thinking of a number (Follow me) between 1 and 27. This number has a reason, and is not chosen at random. If you guess correctly, you get to decide what we name Groudon. Others can suggest, but you get the final say. The rules for names still apply, though.

Other question time: How do you decide which version of a pokemon game to buy? I let my brother pick first, and then I take whichever one he didn't. He had Diamond, so I got Pearl.

So you can enter the contest by answering both questions. Good luck to everyone!

EDIT: Oh, and two other rules

1: You only get one guess. The first person to get the right number wins, so you've no reason to guess a number someone else did

2: Anyone can guess, even lurkers.

CM156:

Let's Play: Pokemon Ruby 22: In which we're shuffling

Rather than a question right away, I'm going to be announcing a contest. In not to long, we'll be catching Groudon. As usual, I'll be taking naming suggestions. However, I'm going to let one of you, dear readers, decide which name we'll use. How do we do it?

A simple contest. I'm thinking of a number (Follow me) between 1 and 27. This number has a reason, and is not chosen at random. If you guess correctly, you get to decide what we name Groudon. Others can suggest, but you get the final say. The rules for names still apply, though.

Other question time: How do you decide which version of a pokemon game to buy? I let my brother pick first, and then I take whichever one he didn't. He had Diamond, so I got Pearl.

So you can enter the contest by answering both questions. Good luck to everyone!

Well, if there's a contest, then who am I to say no? 13!

As for versions, I usually flip a coin. I did end up getting both versions for FRLG and BW though, so it really doesn't matter.

I'll get in on this contest I pick number 9.

On to the second questions I just do what the you do OP I wait to my brother buys his copy then I get the opposite. E.G. He has White and I have Black.

Um... 23? 23.

As for versions, it was always an aesthetic choice, really. I preferred Blue to Red (and thus Sapphire to Ruby), and Silver to Gold. I chose Diamond because Dialga looked way more awesome to me than Palkia, and Black... I dunno. The joke's been overdone, but I genuinely felt slightly uncomfortable asking for White Version over Black.

StorytellingIsAMust:
-snip-

knight of some random number:
-snip-

Melon Hunter:
Um... 23? 23.

As for versions, it was always an aesthetic choice, really. I preferred Blue to Red (and thus Sapphire to Ruby), and Silver to Gold. I chose Diamond because Dialga looked way more awesome to me than Palkia, and Black... I dunno. The joke's been overdone, but I genuinely felt slightly uncomfortable asking for White Version over Black.

To be honest, I felt uncomfortable saying I wanted black, because I liked the white pokemon more than the black one.

Oh, and sadly, none of you were correct. So the contest is still open.

If no one has gotten it in 24 hours, I'll let everyone who's already guessed guess again.

I'm going with 24 since maybe that's the part you'll be catching him in.

As for which one I choose, no real thought I just kind of pick one.

CM156:
Snip

I'm guessing it's the number 4 correct? If not then I lose. Anyhow the comic was pretty funny but oh man that one post was so wrong. "How tight you are" Wow.. I bet the producers did that on purpose for the older audience haha. Still, can't wait for more!! ^_^

Let's Play: Pokemon Ruby Mini-Update 6: In which we feed a fish to a Pelipper

Another update today? What is this? It's because Imgur, the site I use to upload the pics, will be down tomorrow for the SOPA protest. So I thought I'd try to get one last update in before that happens. I've also been trying to get into a daily update system, or twice daily, if I can. My courseload is light this term.

Just a reminder to everyone that the contest is still open. Let me go over the rules again:

EDIT: Oh, and two other rules

1: You only get one guess. The first person to get the right number wins, so you've no reason to guess a number someone else did

2: Anyone can guess, even lurkers.

So far the numbers 4, 9, 13, 23, 24 have been picked and are wrong. So you still have a good chance.

Now it's time for the off-topic question time: What do you think about the SOPA/PIPA blackout? Personally, like most people here, I'm not a fan of SOPA. However, Wikipedia is something I use daily, so going without it would be pretty bad for me.

CM156:

image Wasn't that the reason why you were going through all this trouble to catch up to Team Magma and stop them? I mean, why else would you go below the sea at such depths for otherwise? .. Man this is painful but hilarious.

Aw, looks like my guess on #4 failed overall. No big deal, just glad that we have another chance! I'll guess 16 and that number is now officially my final answer in this! When the blackout happens, I will be focusing on my Xbox 360 or chatting a lot with you guys on The Escapist. Just because Youtube and so forth are shutting down for a day doesn't mean I can't enjoy The Escapist ^_^

Caramel Frappe:

CM156:

image Wasn't that the reason why you were going through all this trouble to catch up to Team Magma and stop them? I mean, why else would you go below the sea at such depths for otherwise? .. Man this is painful but hilarious.

Aw, looks like my guess on #4 failed overall. No big deal, just glad that we have another chance! I'll guess 16 and that number is now officially my final answer in this! When the blackout happens, I will be focusing on my Xbox 360 or chatting a lot with you guys on The Escapist. Just because Youtube and so forth are shutting down for a day doesn't mean I can't enjoy The Escapist ^_^

Well, as I said, you can't re-guess quite yet. 24 hours after my last update, you can again. So yeah.

But yeah, team Magma is just stupid. Like, really really stupid.

I wanna say 3 cause thats my lucky number, but then again so is 8, but I dont know if either is a good choice...

usually I look at what the differences are. for example, white was an obvious choice this gen be cause I liked the idea of white forest more than black city. and I thought some of its in game pokmemon are better (though I have to admit, id like black so I can get a houndour swarm).

EDIT: or family just buys one for me and i play that one, because Im not one of those people that throws a bitchfit cause I want a certain version (like i saw one kid was doing in gamestop. he needed a good backhand to calm him down).

Towards the SOPA blackout... I think in the end, while its going to be a good show to us online, i dont think its going to mean much to the old men in congress.

21!

It's your 21st birthday soon, isn't it!?

As for Wikipedia going dark, I think it's good as it would bring awareness to many people. However, I have this feeling that I'm going to want to use it during that time :/

CM156:

So far the numbers 4, 9, 13, 23, 24 have been picked and are wrong. So you still have a good chance.

Now it's time for the off-topic question time: What do you think about the SOPA/PIPA blackout? Personally, like most people here, I'm not a fan of SOPA. However, Wikipedia is something I use daily, so going without it would be pretty bad for me.

22! :)

Personally, I just decided to do all my wiki-ing today before the shutdown.

emeraldrafael:
-snip-

Tell me about it... Kids these days...

ChupathingyX:
21!

It's your 21st birthday soon, isn't it!?

As for Wikipedia going dark, I think it's good as it would bring awareness to many people. However, I have this feeling that I'm going to want to use it during that time :/

I'm only 18 and my birthday is in April. But good guess

sextus the crazy:

CM156:

Same. I hit random page and I got "phimosis". *Shutter*

Oh, and sadly, everyone is wrong. :(. But again, anyone can guess. Even non-frequent readers or non-readers all together.

CM156:

sextus the crazy:

CM156:

Oh, and sadly, everyone is wrong. :(. But again, anyone can guess. Even non-frequent readers or non-readers all together.

OH GOD! WHY DID I LOOK THAT UP! THE HORROR! THE HORROR!

I don't just go through random stuff, just use it to look up stuff, and the get sidetracked (like on tv tropes!) today I just used it to look up all the data about NGE because I'm gunna rewatch it.

sextus the crazy:

CM156:

sextus the crazy:

OH GOD! WHY DID I LOOK THAT UP! THE HORROR! THE HORROR!

I don't just go through random stuff, just use it to look up stuff, and the get sidetracked (like on tv tropes!) today I just used it to look up all the data about NGE because I'm gunna rewatch it.

Yeah. *Shutter*. I'm glad I don't have that condition.

There was actually a game at my school. People picked a page, on, say, kittens. Then you hit random page and by only using links to other wikipedia articles, you had to make it to kittens. Fun times.

CM156:
snip

So wait, do we all have to wait the same time that Ryan does?

CM156:

Curiosity got the better of me too and I looked it up...curse you!

There was actually a game at my school. People picked a page, on, say, kittens. Then you hit random page and by only using links to other wikipedia articles, you had to make it to kittens. Fun times.

Haha, we had that game too!

One good thing about IT class was that if we ever got bored there was always the internet to turn to!

emeraldrafael:

CM156:
snip

So wait, do we all have to wait the same time that Ryan does?

'

To re-guess? Yes. 12:41 central time, and you can guess again.

ChupathingyX:

CM156:

Curiosity got the better of me too and I looked it up...cure you!

One good thing about IT class was that if we ever got bored there was always the internet to turn to!

I assume you mean "Curse you".

Yeah, I was sure ours wasn't the only school to do so

CM156:

ChupathingyX:
Curiosity got the better of me too and I looked it up...cure you!

I assume you mean "Curse you".

Yeah, I was sure ours wasn't the only school to do so

I really should stop eating so many pringles at the computer. I think the crumbs have jammed the keyboard :/

shame, I'll be in class then. Oh well.

and looked up what you guys were saying, its not that horrifying. almost looks like you have a third demon eye.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 . . . 24 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked