Let's Play: Pokemon Ruby Post Game 4: In which we face off against evil

Pages PREV 1 . . . 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 . . . 24 NEXT

emeraldrafael:
shame, I'll be in class then. Oh well.

and looked up what you guys were saying, its not that horrifying. almost looks like you have a third demon eye.

It is rather horrifying, because it's supposed to hurt really really badly. At least that's what I'm told.

But yes, it does look like a demon eye. Which is pretty scary.

I am just waiting for you catch Latios now.

Plus I DO enjoy the jokes you make while playing.

Solo-Wing:

Thank you. I'm looking forward to catching Latios as well.

By the way, do you care to guess a number for the contest? You've nothing to lose.

CM156:

Solo-Wing:

By the way, do you care to guess a number for the contest? You've nothing to lose.

Sure. 16. But I don't really want to name Groudon. I mean I wil do it if I win. But I wanna name Latios. :3

Solo-Wing:

CM156:

Solo-Wing:

Sure. 16. But I don't really want to name Groudon. I mean I wil do it if I win. But I wanna name Latios. :3

I'll be doing a different contest for Latios, if I even catch it at all. See, it's a might frustrating to catch it. Hard to find.

CM156:

Solo-Wing:

CM156:

I'll be doing a different contest for Latios, if I even catch it at all. See, it's a might frustrating to catch it. Hard to find.

Pokedex is your best friend. The Pokemon location shows the route he will be in. everytime you go to a new route or city or enter/leave a building he moves to an adjacent one to the one he was just in. also flying randomizes his location.

CM156:

sextus the crazy:

CM156:

Same. I hit random page and I got "phimosis". *Shutter*

Oh, and sadly, everyone is wrong. :(. But again, anyone can guess. Even non-frequent readers or non-readers all together.

OH GOD! WHY DID I LOOK THAT UP! THE HORROR! THE HORROR!

I don't just go through random stuff, just use it to look up stuff, and the get sidetracked (like on tv tropes!) today I just used it to look up all the data about NGE because I'm gunna rewatch it.

Yeah. *Shutter*. I'm glad I don't have that condition.

There was actually a game at my school. People picked a page, on, say, kittens. Then you hit random page and by only using links to other wikipedia articles, you had to make it to kittens. Fun times.

http://zs1.smbc-comics.com/comics/20090930.gif

sextus the crazy:

CM156:

sextus the crazy:

OH GOD! WHY DID I LOOK THAT UP! THE HORROR! THE HORROR!

I don't just go through random stuff, just use it to look up stuff, and the get sidetracked (like on tv tropes!) today I just used it to look up all the data about NGE because I'm gunna rewatch it.

Yeah. *Shutter*. I'm glad I don't have that condition.

There was actually a game at my school. People picked a page, on, say, kittens. Then you hit random page and by only using links to other wikipedia articles, you had to make it to kittens. Fun times.

http://zs1.smbc-comics.com/comics/20090930.gif

Haha, that's pretty funny. But you might want to put some words in there, lest the mods nab you for a low-content posting.

And this version was more a race than lowest number of steps.

CM156:
snip

well, I think enough time has passed, if I have this right. so Im gonna guess 8 if no one has won yet.

emeraldrafael:

CM156:
snip

well, I think enough time has passed, if I have this right. so Im gonna guess 8 if no one has won yet.

Mmmmm, it seems my last post didn't go though.

Sadly, 8 is not correct. But you are correct that people can guess again.

Oh, and you can start throwing out your own name ideas as well.

For Groundon? I would say Terra, or maybe Cronus.

Alright, I'm done work for the week, so I'll respond to the questions I've missed:

Update 18: Yeah, living in a world with pokemon would be too weird. I mean, at the age of ten, you have the choice of seeing awesome pokemon and have a shot at becoming world champion. The world would be very short of regular jobs in the long run, no?

Update 19: I've read the manga when I was 10. Misty looked real badass riding that Gyarados. Stopped reading around Gen 2.

Update 20: I was obsessed with the TCG during that craze when I was 10. When I turned 12, I sold all of them for around $700 CAN. Around that time, the TCG fad was almost dying down.
I would've named that Wailmer "Candy". After who else? The most beloved fat man in movies, John Candy.

Mini-update 5: My GotY is Arkham City. Being a Batman fanboy, my dreams of playing a perfect Batman game was finally realized.

Update 21: My little brother started playing Pokemon again when he got a 3DS and White for Christmas. Too bad he didn't get Soul Silver or Platinum so we can fill each others Pokedex. I also have nieces and nephews playing hand-me-down GBC's and GBA's with our old Pokemon games. I have a big family, so my sisters are on a budget.

Update 22: I got my game similar to your method, but I got to choose first. I looked up websites to see which version had pokemon I liked, then our mom would buy them for grading day gifts. Random number generated 16. I'll take suggestions if I'm correct.

Mini-update 6: The internet would really be little use of my personal time anymore if it passes. Of course I'm opposed of it.

EDIT: Scratch that 16. Just looked up to see someone else guessed that. 27?

I guess number 1 because why not? As for names, I want him to be named Clay, again because, why not?

Oh yeah, and I highly oppose SOPA. Everything about it threatens mass internet censorship like the Hays Code in the movies...times a billion.

Let's Play: Pokemon Ruby 23: In which we blame Al Gore

Question time: Did you ever watch the pokemon movies? I did. I watched the first... 5 of them, I think. After that, I really didn't watch the anime much any more. I actually had one of my birthday parties at the 3rd movie

Oh, and the guessing is still on for the number. To expedite it, I'll tell you that the number is greater than 10 and less than 20. There you go.

Also, 27 is the number of amendments to the American Constitution. That isn't much of a hint, but it might be.

Oh, and everyone can guess again, as of this posting.

EDIT: 14 was the correct answer. Mr. Frappe got it.

CM156:
Snip

Before I comment on the review, I noticed you repeated some of the same screenshots a few times. 2 of the same if I might add, with the same chat/post comment so I don't think you meant to do that on purpose. Just pointing that out, if you did intend to do so I apologize otherwise.

OT: Wow, I sort of rolled my eyes at this screenshot here:

So let me get this straight..

A group of gangsters in blue (Team Aqua are they?) tried to stop Team Magma this whole time yet a single teenager (or kid) was able to stop all of them, plus defeat the leader of Magma.. however the leader of Team Aqua has the nerve to say you're unable to handle this after that?

But yeah the plot with Team Manga trying to control this ancient beast is pretty flawed besides their natural laughing spree of 'Fufufu' (Whatever that sounds like..) If it tried to destroy the world beforehand, what makes you think awakening it with an orb you really know nothing about will prevent that from happening again? But overall this review was great!!

Also is the number 14? That's my guess.

Caramel Frappe:

CM156:
Snip

Before I comment on the review, I noticed you repeated some of the same screenshots a few times. 2 of the same if I might add, with the same chat/post comment so I don't think you meant to do that on purpose. Just pointing that out, if you did intend to do so I apologize otherwise.

OT: Wow, I sort of rolled my eyes at this screenshot here:

So let me get this straight..

A group of gangsters in blue (Team Aqua are they?) tried to stop Team Magma this whole time yet a single teenager (or kid) was able to stop all of them, plus defeat the leader of Magma.. however the leader of Team Aqua has the nerve to say you're unable to handle this after that?

But yeah the plot with Team Manga trying to control this ancient beast is pretty flawed besides their natural laughing spree of 'Fufufu' (Whatever that sounds like..) If it tried to destroy the world beforehand, what makes you think awakening it with an orb you really know nothing about will prevent that from happening again? But overall this review was great!!

Also is the number 14? That's my guess.

IS CORRECT!

As I said, there are 27 amendments to the US constitution. 14 is the one I study the most as a Con-law student

So yeah. You are the winner! You get to name Groudon!

CM156:

IS CORRECT!

As I said, there are 27 amendments to the US constitution. 14 is the one I study the most as a Con-law student

I won? Oh man I don't know what to say ^_^ I am glad you gave me that hint about the 27 amendments because my older brother is actually in Law School and he talks about 12-16 of the amendments since most company court cases reflect off those ones. However 14 was a total guess so.. W00T!! (And hey, I got to learn about the facts in the spoiler bar. Thank you for those!)

As to name that almighty Pokemon? Darn.. let's see... *thinking* I think this would be hilarious but if you could, name him Charmander (Lol what? I know right..) Just think about it.. so yeah please name him Charmander for me XD

Caramel Frappe:

CM156:

IS CORRECT!

I won? Oh man I don't know what to say ^_^ I am glad you gave me that hint about the 27 amendments because my older brother is actually in Law School and he talks about 12-16 of the amendments since most company court cases reflect off those ones. However 14 was a total guess so.. W00T!! (And hey, I got to learn about the facts in the spoiler bar. Thank you for those!)

As to name that almighty Pokemon? Darn.. let's see... *thinking* I think this would be hilarious but if you could, name him Charmander (Lol what? I know right..) Just think about it.. so yeah please name him Charmander for me XD

Well, it'll be a little bit before I take a screencap, and the idea was to allow for other people to make suggestions, only you'd be the one with the final say. So it's up to you if you want to wait or not. There's no real rush though.

CM156:
Well, it'll be a little bit before I take a screencap, and the idea was to allow for other people to make suggestions, only you'd be the one with the final say. So it's up to you if you want to wait or not. There's no real rush though.

Ohhhhh~ I remember you saying that. My bad, I got carried away with how funny it'd be naming a godly Pokemon something like Charmander haha. But yeah I am a very patient person, and I would love to see what the others wish to name him. So again I apologize about that ^_^.

Caramel Frappe:

CM156:

Ohhhhh~ I remember you saying that. My bad, I got carried away with how funny it'd be naming a godly Pokemon something like Charmander haha. But yeah I am a very patient person, and I would love to see what the others wish to name him. So again I apologize about that ^_^.

Quite alright, quite alright. As I said, the same rules still apply for names (IE, nothing vulgar). But I don't think I have to worry about that.

Oh, and gratz on 10K posts, BTW

CM156:

Question time: Did you ever watch the pokemon movies? I did. I watched the first... 5 of them, I think. After that, I really didn't watch the anime much any more. I actually had one of my birthday parties at the 3rd movie

Watched the first 6 or 7 or 8. (Holy shit! they're up to 15!)

BTW, was 14 supposed to represent the 14th amendment? (just in time for MLK day)

If you're open to suggestions for Groudon's name, could I recommend Vulcan?

sextus the crazy:

CM156:

Watched the first 6 or 7 or 8. (Holy shit! they're up to 15!)

BTW, was 14 supposed to represent the 14th amendment? (just in time for MLK day)

That is correct. The 14th Amendment is my second favorite amendment.!

One of the reasons I like it is "incorporation" idea and the "equal protection of the law" ideals as well.

I remember watching the first one, mewtwo returns the one with Entai, and a bit if the Celbi one, I don't remember them being too bad

I suggest "Big Red" for Groudon. I would have done Red October but the name size limit...

My favorite pokemon movie is Heros. Then 4ever. then 2000. All the others suck.

CM156:

How can you see what's in my pocket?

Wallace using his creeper vision to see through clothing again I see. Though really his eyes are on Steven. XD

THough really it probably just glows. or going by the anime, they're huge and create a bulge.

Towards the movies, I've seen them, nd while I cant remember their names or really much of them, I do like them.

Caramel Frappe:

CM156:
snip

If youre gonna name him something useless you should name it magikarp.

by my suggestion above was Cronus, so I'll stick with that as a suggestion.

CM156:

I've seen the first 5 movies, and whichever ones had Darkrai and Lucario.

Oh, and CaramelFrappe (I apologize if I got your name wrong), I suggest Clay for Groudon, but you know, whatever you want.

I'm alittle confused by this format. I know what LP's are, but what is this.

OT: Ruby was my first Pokemon game and it was nice to see it again.

Let's Play: Pokemon Ruby 24: In which we enter a cave

Short update for now. More later

No real question this time. However, to proceed, we need a name from Caramel Frappe. As per the rules, people can suggest different names. When you've decided, Mr. Frappe, just tell me.

CM156:
No real question this time. However, to proceed, we need a name from Caramel Frappe. As per the rules, people can suggest different names. When you've decided, Mr. Frappe, just tell me.

I'm gonna just go ahead and suggest "Sarge".

In honour of this legend right here...

ChupathingyX:

CM156:

I'm gonna just go ahead and suggest "Sarge".

In honour of this legend right here...

Yeah, but Groudon doesn't have a shotgun. Which is a shame. Because that would be amazing if he did, wouldn't it?

CM156:

Seriously guys?

Hahahahahaha oh wow, so .. even though there's lava there thus a Godly Fire Pokemon hiding in the cave, there's no sight of light at all? This game's logic makes more sense then pushing a town by mere hands away from a giant tape worm (can you guess where that's from?)

Also W00T!! Final say is sweet.. but so far I only heard 2 suggested names. Mind if I wait a bit more from the others if that's cool?

Caramel Frappe:

CM156:

Seriously guys?

Hahahahahaha oh wow, so .. even though there's lava there thus a Godly Fire Pokemon hiding in the cave, there's no sight of light at all? This game's logic makes more sense then pushing a town by mere hands away from a giant tape worm (can you guess where that's from?)

Also W00T!! Final say is sweet.. but so far I only heard 2 suggested names. Mind if I wait a bit more from the others if that's cool?

Take your time and tell me when you're ready. I'm in no rush, really. I've got time.

But yeah. Scroll through the thread and you'll find people making suggestions.

CM156:
Yeah, but Groudon doesn't have a shotgun. Which is a shame. Because that would be amazing if he did, wouldn't it?

Maybe not, but he is red.

ChupathingyX:

CM156:

Maybe not, but he is red.

Ya know, if this were pokemon Sapphire, would you name Kyogre after a member of the blue team?

Cuz that's actually a pretty good idea. Personally, I like the name "Sarge" the most. But it's up to Ryan.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 . . . 24 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked