Let's Play: Pokemon Ruby Post Game 4: In which we face off against evil

Pages PREV 1 . . . 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 NEXT

CM156:

ChupathingyX:

CM156:
Yeah, but Groudon doesn't have a shotgun. Which is a shame. Because that would be amazing if he did, wouldn't it?

Maybe not, but he is red.

Ya know, if this were pokemon Sapphire, would you name Kyogre after a member of the blue team?

Of course, there's; Church, Caboose, Tucker, Tex and Shiela to choose from as far as main characters go.

Cuz that's actually a pretty good idea. Personally, I like the name "Sarge" the most. But it's up to Ryan.

Really?

>__>
<__<
>__>

Caramel Frappe:
SNIP

Pssst, hey Ryan...

ChupathingyX:
Snip

Sorry mate, going to wait for least a few more suggestions. I'll make sure to say something by tomorrow if not otherwise. However I am leaning toward 'Sarge' more then anything, even over my dumb nickname for the Godly creature such as Charmander lol.

CM156:
Snip

Thank you by the way for giving me congrats on my post count. I still got a LONG way to go before it hits 9,999,999 but I bet the world would end beforehand XD (I kid, I kid. Post count rate is cool but nothing to brag about.)

I'd say Red after the Protagonist of the game/manga.

Youd think a place where the land God that can summon droughts would be brighter?

Alright, I think I got enough feedback and I think the best name I am leaning towards is Sarge for this Godly Pokemon.

Caramel Frappe:
Alright, I think I got enough feedback and I think the best name I am leaning towards is Sarge for this Godly Pokemon.

So do you want to make that your final choice? As in, Sarge is the name for Groudon? Again, we can always change the name later if something else suits your fancy.

CM156:
So do you want to make that your final choice? As in, Sarge is the name for Groudon? Again, we can always change the name later if something else suits your fancy.

^_^

I like Sarge now. I can see something that powerful being your legit Pokemon, in charge of course. He'll come in handy, and your team will rely on him. Even if you don't use him much, just knowing he could own the world with global warming earns him the title Sarge lol.

Caramel Frappe:

CM156:

^_^

I like Sarge now. I can see something that powerful being your legit Pokemon, in charge of course. He'll come in handy, and your team will rely on him. Even if you don't use him much, just knowing he could own the world with global warming earns him the title Sarge lol.

Alrighty, it's settled then. Sarge is the name. I should have the update out later today or Saturday.

I have to say I'm really enjoying this LP and to answer your last questions I've seen all the Pokemon movies except for the Deoxys one and the Victini movie with Reshiram/Zekrom.

Also I'm curious to what your final team will be when you reach the Pokemon League.

Then again you do have one more gym to go to, then victory road so one step at a time :)

knight of some random number:
I have to say I'm really enjoying this LP

Oh. Well, thank you. But really, no thanks needed. I assure you, this is a labor of love, and I relish the thought of seeing Luskan lose face - and possibly Torio losing her head.

Also I'm curious to what your final team will be when you reach the Pokemon League.

Then again you do have one more gym to go to, then victory road so one step at a time :)

As a thread, we'll be deciding on the team and the moves we'll be using. It's going to be a group effort.

CM156:

As a thread, we'll be deciding on the team and the moves we'll be using. It's going to be a group effort.

Im saying you keep that flygon. They're invalubale with abilities to learn earthquake, flamethrower, dragon claw, and roost.

Caramel Frappe:
^_^

CM156:
Alrighty, it's settled then. Sarge is the name. I should have the update out later today or Saturday.

:D

Woohoo, Red team rules!

CM156:

No real question this time. However, to proceed, we need a name from Caramel Frappe. As per the rules, people can suggest different names. When you've decided, Mr. Frappe, just tell me.

Rock Lobster. Make it fit.

Let's Play: Pokemon Ruby 25: In which we reach a climax

Question time: What legendary is your favorite? Personally, Rayquaza is mine. I had it on my team for the longest of times.

Oh, and since I used a few LotR clips, I gotta ask: How excited are you for The Hobbit?

Not really at all, but Im not a big LotR fan.

And wallace is FABULOUS!!!!!!!! and despite being gay (in every other run I see, not that theres anyhting wrong with being gay) he gets ALL the ladies. Dont be surprised if Raven never leaves once she gets stuck in the Ice Rancor Fan Girl Pit.

and just out of curiousity, what are you saving that masterball for? I thought you said you werent going for Rayquaza?

CM156:
Next time: Raven gets wet

Question time: What legendary is your favorite? Personally, Rayquaza is mine. I had it on my team for the longest of times.

Going solely by looks; Suicine.

Oh, and since I used a few LotR clips, I gotta ask: How excited are you for The Hobbit?

I think I also may have gone over my internet cap by watching the trailer over and over again.

My favorite... Look at my Avatar. Derp :3

Also. Raven gets wet?

emeraldrafael:

And wallace is FABULOUS!!!!!!!! and despite being gay (in every other run I see, not that theres anyhting wrong with being gay) he gets ALL the ladies. Dont be surprised if Raven never leaves once she gets stuck in the Ice Rancor Fan Girl Pit.

and just out of curiousity, what are you saving that masterball for? I thought you said you werent going for Rayquaza?

I may, I may not. I'd rather have it, just in case.

Also, I'm going to try to avoid any gay jokes. And yes, Wallace gets all the womens.

ChupathingyX:

CM156:
Next time: Raven gets wet

Going solely by looks; Suicine.

I think I also may have gone over my internet cap by watching the trailer over and over again.

My reaction was a mix between this:

and this

Solo-Wing:

Also. Raven gets wet?

Well, it is the water type gym. That, and the ICP joke were ones I had from the very start. I couldn't imagine not doing them at this point.

My favorite legendary is probably Reshiram. He kicks all sorts of ass.

And I am hugely excited for the Hobbit. It's gonna be epic.

I think Pokemon Let's Play's are my favorite. Just because of how much you can do with them.

pyrosaw:
I think Pokemon Let's Play's are my favorite. Just because of how much you can do with them.

Yeah, there really is quite a bit of post-game content to be had. A lot of other RPGs just end, while pokemon can go on. And on and on and on. And on.

CM156:

emeraldrafael:

I may, I may not. I'd rather have it, just in case.

Also, I'm going to try to avoid any gay jokes. And yes, Wallace gets all the womens.

its good to see you have control.

and oka then. to be honest I'd love to see you just blow the ball on something thats pretty much common or useless, just for the laughs.

Oh, I never answered your other question. I think my favorite legendary has to be... well, ig uess i dont have one. So maybe I'll just say Kyogre, cause tahts the only one I ever used really.

CM156:
35 ultra balls and 2 reloads later...

.. No way. It took 35 ultra balls and 2 reloads to capture this dude? Crap, well.. good thing you had saved the battle beforehand. Unlike real life, the 'load'/'checkpoint' is a gamers' true friend. I think it doesn't get appreciated enough, but it has saved me thousands of times from having to restart the whole darn thing.

Also the Pokemon you used, that bug... is almost one of my favorite Pokemon among the newest generation. It's just cool looking, like it's robotic, yet a bug with ninja features.

CM156:

pyrosaw:

Yeah, there really is quite a bit of post-game content to be had. A lot of other RPGs just end, while pokemon can go on. And on and on and on. And on.

Oh come on that was fucking obvious.

CM156:

Solo-Wing:

Also. Raven gets wet?

Well, it is the water type gym. That, and the ICP joke were ones I had from the very start. I couldn't imagine not doing them at this point.

I thought it was an Ice gym...

Solo-Wing:

CM156:

pyrosaw:

Oh come on that was fucking obvious.

CM156:

Solo-Wing:

Also. Raven gets wet?

I thought it was an Ice gym...

Nope, tis a Water Gym.

OT: Why yes I am emerging from the shadows of the lurker pits. Anyway favorite legendary would be.......hmm probably MewTwo, simply because he was the only one I was able to catch without the Masterball and without having to reload.

I never really played Pokemon Ruby that much. I have nothing against it because I like all the main Pokemon games. I never had a Gameboy Advance. Good luck.

Caramel Frappe:

CM156:

.. No way. It took 35 ultra balls and 2 reloads to capture this dude? Crap, well.. good thing you had saved the battle beforehand. Unlike real life, the 'load'/'checkpoint' is a gamers' true friend. I think it doesn't get appreciated enough, but it has saved me thousands of times from having to restart the whole darn thing.

Also the Pokemon you used, that bug... is almost one of my favorite Pokemon among the newest generation. It's just cool looking, like it's robotic, yet a bug with ninja features.

Ninjask is a really good Pokemon, but you can see it coming from a mile away on Wifi. Most popular Ninjask set to run. It's a damn good set, but you know it's coming.

Ability:Speed Boost
Moveset:
Swords Dance
Baton Pass
X-Scissor
Protect.

Let's Play: Pokemon Ruby 26: In which we make a splash

Question time: Of all the gyms, which one did you find to be the least believable? The idea of this water gym was just so silly, I remember laughing at it when I first played the game

CM156:
So you have to step on all the ice blocks without stepping on the same one twice Else, you'll fall down.

Apparently, he keeps a harem down here.

.. So, say a bunch of trainers visited him, and kept failing the test- how much does it cost to replace those ice glassed floors? I mean, if you (imagine it for fun) kept cracking them, then falling through those ... isn't that biting the gym's butt at the end since it's going to cost a crap load to get all those neat again. And for what, to stop trainers from reaching the Gym leader? That's sort of... I don't even know lol.

OT: When I played that game, I thought the weirdest gym was with the bird gym. I mean, it's a gym based on birds... why wasn't it a gym based on all flying type Pokemon? I easily defeated the gym knowing that birds are fragile to electric type plus predicted the best bird type Pokemon the gym leader was saving for me to face. So yeah, Pokemon tends to be really random but in a humorous way.

P.S: How do the girls or gym leader go home if their ice platted floors are shattered? They'll be stuck unless their 'ice' Pokemon can just make a path for them. Which is sort of abusing their talents if not already doing so in battle- Oh.. I shouldn't of said that. Ne, nevermind me!! *sweat drop*

>_>
<_<

Ok to answer the last question my favourite legendarys would have to be Kyogre and Suicune.

As for this weeks question, it has to be Skyla's flying type Gym with cannons in Pokemon Black/White I mean seriously like I in this thread before like way back, how does that gym avoid law suits?

Also a Harem under the gym huh and people call Wallace Gay. Besides he has a Milotic and that makes him awesome in my books. Seriously though Milotic kicks ass, defintely my favourite Pokemon.

Ok to answer the last question my favourite legendarys would have to be Kyogre and Suicune.

As for this weeks question, it has to be Skyla's flying type Gym with cannons in Pokemon Black/White I mean seriously like I in this thread before like way back, how does that gym avoid law suits?

Also a Harem under the gym huh and people call Wallace Gay. Besides he has a Milotic and that makes him awesome in my books. Seriously though Milotic kicks ass, defintely my favourite Pokemon.

I managed to avoid making any gay jokes. I'm so proud of myself.

Yeah, Milotic is rather hard to get though. I agree. Totally cool.

CM156:

False Swipes is a lifesaver here

Evade-tanking a Groudon with a Ninjask?
Classy. First time I played through Ruby, I used an Altaria (stupidly high defense, mediocre offense. Good speed. Perfect for catching anything; even at an elemental weakness), the second time, I cheaped out and used my Spore-whore Breloom.

Atmos Duality:

CM156:

False Swipes is a lifesaver here

Evade-tanking a Groudon with a Ninjask?
Classy. First time I played through Ruby, I used an Altaria (stupidly high defense, mediocre offense. Good speed. Perfect for catching anything; even at an elemental weakness), the second time, I cheaped out and used my Spore-whore Breloom.

Actually, it had more to do with the fact that I taught it false-swipes, and didn't really see the need to switch it out.

Liek used mud slap to lower accuracy, and then Ninjask false-swiped him down.

Gotta say I never really bought into most of the Gen 5 gyms. They were awesome, no doubt about it, but come on, you have a gym that depends on jumping off of speeding rollercoasters, journeying to the center of the Earth without any air vents, and shooting yourself out of cannons.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked