Let's Play: Pokemon Ruby Post Game 4: In which we face off against evil

Pages PREV 1 . . . 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 NEXT

ChupathingyX:

CM156:

I take it you did as well?

Yes, and I thought it was fantastic. I actually put ME2, DA:O and HL2:E2 on hold while I played through it.

And I'm in agreement about the name. That's the best I've seen so far.

Are you going to capture all of the legendaries in this game?

For all the ones that it's possible to catch, yes.

Also, you were playing all those games at one time? I don't usually do that myself, honestly. How are you liking them so far?

CM156:
Also, you were playing all those games at one time? I don't usually do that myself, honestly. How are you liking them so far?

Neither do I as I rarely buy many games at once.

ME2 is the one I'm playing primarily and I'm enjoying that but there are some issues but overall it's fun. The squadmates are mostly good but the lack of communication between them (compared to DA:O) is a bit disappointing.

DA:O is good so far and although it took a while to get used to some mechanics (such as lockpicking) I seem to be getting the hang of it, plus the companion interactions are funny.

I've hardly played much of HL2:E2 but so far it's pretty good, though I don't think playing it first was a good idea (it was gifted to me by a friend).

ChupathingyX:

CM156:

Neither do I as I rarely buy many games at once.

ME2 is the one I'm playing primarily and I'm enjoying that but there are some issues but overall it's fun. The squadmates are mostly good but the lack of communication between them (compared to DA:O) is a bit disappointing.

DA:O is good so far and although it took a while to get used to some mechanics (such as lockpicking) I seem to be getting the hang of it, plus the companion interactions are funny.

I've hardly played much of HL2:E2 but so far it's pretty good, though I don't think playing it first was a good idea (it was gifted to me by a friend).

I see.

As for Dragon Age 2, I'm sure you've heard by now that the reviews of it are... mixed at best.

Personally, I'm waiting to see how ME3 does as well. It could be bad for bioware if it bombs. I doubt that'll happen, but it could, no?

CM156:
I see.

As for Dragon Age 2, I'm sure you've heard by now that the reviews of it are... mixed at best.

Personally, I'm waiting to see how ME3 does as well. It could be bad for bioware if it bombs. I doubt that'll happen, but it could, no?

Yeah, I am quite interested to see whether ME3 suceeds or not, however, I doubt it will completely bomb.

usually I tend to see if any new routes open up then run through them and use any pokemon centers so i can fly to them and explore at my convenience.

As to the names... I named mine Eddie, Susan, and John (there's an easy reference for a cookie.

CM156:

sextus the crazy:

CM156:

Let's Play: Pokemon Ruby Post Game 1: In which we go sailing

Question time:
What is the first thing you tend to do after you take on the Elite Four?

Also:

A Katawa shoujo reference and a 9 hours 9 persons 9 doors reference. It's like you're intentionally trying to make me happy. those two games were some of my favorites that I've played recently.

Regarding endgame, I usually grind the elite 4 for experience and then tool around.

as for names, how bout "the good, the bad, and the ugly"? (steel, ice, rock respectively)

As much as I really hate to say this, I've never played 9 hours 9 persons 9 doors, so I don't know what I did that referenced them.

And yeah. I thought Katawa Shoujo was a pretty good game. And you can't beat free.

I figured you named Relicanth "Allice" after the eygptian princess who was kept in cryostatis in a block of Ice-9 from 999, since they're both ancient 'n stuff.

Katawa Shoujo is my favorite game of the year so far. I beat Hanako, Shizune, and Lilly's routes and I'm starting Emi's. Funnily enough, I was going for a run today, but it was cold out and my chest was real sore from weight lifting, so my heart was beating like crazy and the first thing that came to mind was how much I felt like Hisao. :)

As for the regi names If you want another suggestion "Ed, Edd, and Eddy" (after my favorite cartoon as a kid.)

ChupathingyX:

CM156:
I see.

Yeah, I am quite interested to see whether ME3 suceeds or not, however, I doubt it will completely bomb.

From what I could tell, the only reason DA2 failed was because they rushed it. I think that ME is a more popular bioware series than DA, so chances are that bioware is putting most of their effort into making ME3 good.

sextus the crazy:

CM156:

sextus the crazy:

A Katawa shoujo reference and a 9 hours 9 persons 9 doors reference. It's like you're intentionally trying to make me happy. those two games were some of my favorites that I've played recently.

Regarding endgame, I usually grind the elite 4 for experience and then tool around.

as for names, how bout "the good, the bad, and the ugly"? (steel, ice, rock respectively)

As much as I really hate to say this, I've never played 9 hours 9 persons 9 doors, so I don't know what I did that referenced them.

And yeah. I thought Katawa Shoujo was a pretty good game. And you can't beat free.

I figured you named Relicanth "Allice" after the eygptian princess who was kept in cryostatis in a block of Ice-9 from 999, since they're both ancient 'n stuff.

Katawa Shoujo is my favorite game of the year so far. I beat Hanako, Shizune, and Lilly's routes and I'm starting Emi's. Funnily enough, I was going for a run today, but it was cold out and my chest was real sore from weight lifting, so my heart was beating like crazy and the first thing that came to mind was how much I felt like Hisao. :)

As for the regi names If you want another suggestion "Ed, Edd, and Eddy" (after my favorite cartoon as a kid.)

ChupathingyX:

CM156:
I see.

From what I could tell, the only reason DA2 failed was because they rushed it. I think that ME is a more popular bioware series than DA, so chances are that bioware is putting most of their effort into making ME3 good.

Actually, it's after my grandmother.

Also, there are a lot of 9s in that game, I take it?

CM156:

sextus the crazy:

CM156:

ChupathingyX:

Oh, well that's fine too.

And yes, there are a lot of 9s in the game. It's kind of an arc number.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ArcNumber

sextus the crazy:

CM156:

sextus the crazy:

Oh, well that's fine too.

And yes, there are a lot of 9s in the game. It's kind of an arc number.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ArcNumber

Hey, I was kinda hoping it was a Herman Cain video game.

By the way, I'm thinking about Lping pokemon FireRed next. Is that something ya'll would be interested in seeing?

CM156:
Also:

Since no one saw/guessed/cared/could figure out, and i told you I'd tell you what my choice was a reference to i fgured i'd quote you and let you know.

its a reference to the dark tower series by Stephen King. They are the three other main human characters that roland draws into his group and makes into gunslingers and a part of his ka-tet.

In the book, they called John "Jake" cause tahts the name he liked and wanted people to call him. But his real name in the series is John Chambers, so I thought I'd use John to throw people off. I could have used Bama, but i dont think it would look right if you had choosen my naming scheme.

emeraldrafael:

CM156:
Also:

Since no one saw/guessed/cared/could figure out, and i told you I'd tell you what my choice was a reference to i fgured i'd quote you and let you know.

its a reference to the dark tower series by Stephen King. They are the three other main human characters that roland draws into his group and makes into gunslingers and a part of his ka-tet.

In the book, they called John "Jake" cause tahts the name he liked and wanted people to call him. But his real name in the series is John Chambers, so I thought I'd use John to throw people off. I could have used Bama, but i dont think it would look right if you had choosen my naming scheme.

I haven't read the dark tower yet cuz I'm not much of a fiction reader. That said, I've heard good things about it.

Let's Play: Pokemon Ruby Post Game 2: In which we draw

Question time: What did you like about this LP? What didn't you like, so I know what I can improve on?

Oh, and my current plan is to LP pokemon FireRed after this. That sound like something you'd like to see? Since I didn't actually play FR, I'll be interested to see how they changed it from the original.

I thought is was fun the read through this LP. I don't know how you could improve upon it sadly. But I would like to see a FireRed LP, I would like to see say a Gold/Silver/Crystal more but I'm sure I could find one on youtube or something.

CM156:

Question time: What did you like about this LP? What didn't you like, so I know what I can improve on?

Oh, and my current plan is to LP pokemon FireRed after this. That sound like something you'd like to see? Since I didn't actually play FR, I'll be interested to see how they changed it from the original.

I can't really say there was anything bad with this LP at all. I think you made the right decision to drop the emo Raven persona at the start, as your own narration has supplied plenty of humour. Overall a very good screenshot LP.

As for FireRed - sounds good. However, can you get hold of emulators for any other platforms? I'd love to see a HeartGold/SoulSilver (or just Gold/Silver) or Platinum LP.

sage42:
I thought is was fun the read through this LP. I don't know how you could improve upon it sadly. But I would like to see a FireRed LP, I would like to see say a Gold/Silver/Crystal more but I'm sure I could find one on youtube or something.

Melon Hunter:

CM156:

I can't really say there was anything bad with this LP at all. I think you made the right decision to drop the emo Raven persona at the start, as your own narration has supplied plenty of humour. Overall a very good screenshot LP.

As for FireRed - sounds good. However, can you get hold of emulators for any other platforms? I'd love to see a HeartGold/SoulSilver (or just Gold/Silver) or Platinum LP.

Aw, well, thanks guys. Personally, I didn't much care for the persona, and I was looking for any excuse to drop it.

Actually, that's part of the plan. I'm searching around for a good way to do a Pearl LP (Not much a fan of Platinum for some reason), followed by a SoulSilver one, after FireRed.

Well I enjoyed it, don't know how you could improve other than looking over your posts and not double posting images.

CM156:

Anyone else ever wondered how CatDog defecated?

sextus the crazy:
I haven't read the dark tower yet cuz I'm not much of a fiction reader. That said, I've heard good things about it.

Its a very good series.

CM156:

I guess I would have liked to see your pokemon have personality, but I know how you were on that. still I liked that since it was a little awkward to play the part you wanted to give raven, it was nice just getting commentary.

I'd like to see it. I'd tell you to do a Nuzlocke but I know what you said about those so Im not too worried about if you will or not.

So thats all i can really say. maybe some more personalities. I'd recommend you a hack and say play scorched earth but its up to you.

ChupathingyX:
Well I enjoyed it, don't know how you could improve other than looking over your posts and not double posting images.

CM156:

Anyone else ever wondered how CatDog defecated?

Yeah, sometimes I miss those. I've managed to find the problem, though

And yes. But then again, I was young, and I tended to overthink things

emeraldrafael:

sextus the crazy:

Its a very good series.

CM156:

I guess I would have liked to see your pokemon have personality, but I know how you were on that. still I liked that since it was a little awkward to play the part you wanted to give raven, it was nice just getting commentary.

I'd like to see it. I'd tell you to do a Nuzlocke but I know what you said about those so Im not too worried about if you will or not.

So thats all i can really say. maybe some more personalities. I'd recommend you a hack and say play scorched earth but its up to you.

Well, I may do a nuzlocke for SoulSilver. Maybe. It's something I'll take into consideration, that's for sure.

CM156:
Well, I may do a nuzlocke for SoulSilver. Maybe. It's something I'll take into consideration, that's for sure.

Alright. well, Im not going to say you should, just I find they bring an appreciation for the game, and that they can be fun to do. Its certainly not for everyone, and they get real easy half way through runs and you get fainted on a bull shit crit to just say fuck that noise im reviving him. But if you can complete one (and honestly) its a great sense of reward.

emeraldrafael:

CM156:

Alright. well, Im not going to say you should, just I find they bring an appreciation for the game, and that they can be fun to do. Its certainly not for everyone, and they get real easy half way through runs and you get fainted on a bull shit crit to just say fuck that noise im reviving him. But if you can complete one (and honestly) its a great sense of reward.

What I'm considering is a variation and it becomes a "If it faints, it goes in the box. If you lose all your pokemon, you've failed the challenge. Continue without the rules"

CM156:

emeraldrafael:

CM156:

What I'm considering is a variation and it becomes a "If it faints, it goes in the box. If you lose all your pokemon, you've failed the challenge. Continue without the rules"

Ah, I see. well, theres a few variations you could use. why I like to do is if i want a run to continue, if a pokemon faints, the next town you are in you have the option to revive them IF you pay money equal to their level times 100. this can only be used once per town and on one pokemon. if you do not use it in that town you lose the oppotunity (so basically if you have two fainted pokemon, and you choose to revive one, the oher is dead, and if you choose to revive neither, both are dead).

But I do like your idea. I take it you mean a party wipe when you say lose all your pokemon, or d you mean all your pokemon including ones in the box?

emeraldrafael:

CM156:

emeraldrafael:

Ah, I see. well, theres a few variations you could use. why I like to do is if i want a run to continue, if a pokemon faints, the next town you are in you have the option to revive them IF you pay money equal to their level times 100. this can only be used once per town and on one pokemon. if you do not use it in that town you lose the oppotunity (so basically if you have two fainted pokemon, and you choose to revive one, the oher is dead, and if you choose to revive neither, both are dead).

But I do like your idea. I take it you mean a party wipe when you say lose all your pokemon, or d you mean all your pokemon including ones in the box?

I mean all the ones in your box. Because I wouldn't want to give up on the story.

OI! You still need to catch Latios!

CM156:

I mean all the ones in your box. Because I wouldn't want to give up on the story.

Oka, the only thing I can say is mybe you should keep any pokemon you lose as dead, and just replace them. Of coures you keep one, so you can catch others, but after that put it back in the box. But thats just me.

I remember catcing the Regis myself, fun to do, but God were they annoying to catch, think it took me like 30-50 ultra balls for each one.

I liked the nick named system you had going, and the humor through out the lets play. As for things you need to improve on as far as I know, you did a

Also I hope you do play Fire Red, I've played the opposite version Leaf Green and it is a really good game, keeping in everything that the orginal games had, except for a few changes such as allowing access to new locations and a few Gymleader TM changes. (Example Giovanni doesn't hand out fissure like he did in Blue and Red)

Let's Play: Pokemon Ruby Post Game 3: In which we catch another powerful entity

Question time: What do you generally save your master ball for?

CM156:

I should start by saying that I spent 2 hours looking for Latios, and was unable to find him. There's a good chance I may not be able to. Sorry Solo-wing

D:

I normally save it for the roaming pokemon. LIKE LATIAS LATIOS. (I played Sapphire. never Ruby...)

CM156:
Happy year of the Dragon everybody

You know, when I went to Costa Rica, I was told it was illegal to go up on the side of the volcano, because it was active and unsafe. And yet these guys see no problem with it

You've been to Costa Rica?

Did you visit Isla Nublar while you were there?

ChupathingyX:

CM156:
Happy year of the Dragon everybody

You know, when I went to Costa Rica, I was told it was illegal to go up on the side of the volcano, because it was active and unsafe. And yet these guys see no problem with it

You've been to Costa Rica?

Did you visit Isla Nublar while you were there?

You know, I actually had to google that before I remembered what it was from. Silly brain.

Sadly, no. I did get to see a volcano though.

Did you read the books? They were pretty good, IMHO

CM156:

No I haven't, but I'm curious.

If they're anything like the movies (I know there are differences) then I'll enjoy them.

CM156:

My response seeing you name it that:

That was a good review. Just wondering what the Pokemon did all that time since it lived for millions of years. Just stand there waiting for some... one to bump into it? Probably is the most patient Pokemon or living thing in all of history if you ask me.

CM156:

Either an obscenely powerful pokemon I dont feel like pissing around with in battle or I just use it randomly. If i see a Shiny and have all the ubers legendaries, I use the masterball then.

ChupathingyX:

CM156:

No I haven't, but I'm curious.

If they're anything like the movies (I know there are differences) then I'll enjoy them.

I consider it on my top 10 book list.

Caramel Frappe:

CM156:

My response seeing you name it that:

That was a good review. Just wondering what the Pokemon did all that time since it lived for millions of years. Just stand there waiting for some... one to bump into it? Probably is the most patient Pokemon or living thing in all of history if you ask me.

He's got no limit to what he's willing to wait for.

emeraldrafael:

CM156:

Either an obscenely powerful pokemon I dont feel like pissing around with in battle or I just use it randomly. If i see a Shiny and have all the ubers legendaries, I use the masterball then.

Personally, at this point, I find it annoying that 99% of my ultra balls just get wasted. #OccupyPokeMart #WeAreThe99Percent

CM156:

Usually for any legendaries (depends on the game).

I normally save it for a legendary wandering the region or a really high level one such as rayquaza. I did make the mistake of wasting my Master Ball on Groudon, when I played Ruby by accident, so when it came to catching Rayquaza that was hard, but over 120 ultra balls and many soft resets I finally got him.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked