Let's Play: Pokemon Ruby Post Game 4: In which we face off against evil

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 24 NEXT

ChupathingyX:
I...I didn't know you were doing an LP!?

CM156:
Now, it's time to venture forward! Huzzah!

Now it's time for the discussion question: Did you play Pokemon Ruby or Saphire?

The only Pokemon game I've played much is Pokemon Snap, so I can't say. The good thing is that this LP will be informative to me as I'm basically going into this mostly blind.

Also, like other people have said, you should crp the imaqges so they don't mess with the page size.

That's right. We got a SHINY pokemon! This is going to make it more interesting...
[/spoiler]

So are shinies more powerful, or just....shiny?

I will. I found a program that works. My next update should be better. Hopefully I'll be getting the hang of this soon.

Shiny pokemon are, as far as I know, just shiny. So nothing more powerful. Just pretty. They're rare though 1/8192 chance of catching one in the wild. I've only ever caught one other before. That was in HeartGold. Shiny Tentacool

CM156:

ChupathingyX:

CM156:
Now, it's time to venture forward! Huzzah!

Now it's time for the discussion question: Did you play Pokemon Ruby or Saphire?

The only Pokemon game I've played much is Pokemon Snap, so I can't say. The good thing is that this LP will be informative to me as I'm basically going into this mostly blind.

Also, like other people have said, you should crp the imaqges so they don't mess with the page size.

That's right. We got a SHINY pokemon! This is going to make it more interesting...
[/spoiler]

I will. I found a program that works. My next update should be better. Hopefully I'll be getting the hang of this soon.

Shiny pokemon are, as far as I know, just shiny. So nothing more powerful. Just pretty. They're rare though 1/8192 chance of catching one in the wild. I've only ever caught one other before. That was in HeartGold. Shiny Tentacool

Imma let you finish, but the best shiny I ever found was a shiny Rayquaza in Sapphire. No jokes. The only reason I found out it was shiny was when I looked it up in the Pokedex and found it was green, and my one was black. I was a very happy person that day.

Melon Hunter:

CM156:

ChupathingyX:

Imma let you finish, but the best shiny I ever found was a shiny Rayquaza in Sapphire. No jokes. The only reason I found out it was shiny was when I looked it up in the Pokedex and found it was green, and my one was black. I was a very happy person that day.

That is, quite simply, bitchin'. There's no other way to say it. Congratulations.

CM156:

Melon Hunter:

CM156:

That is, quite simply, bitchin'. There's no other way to say it. Congratulations.

Heh, heh, thanks! It took me a while to realise how lucky I was to get it (especially as this was during a long chain of running out of Ultra Balls and having to reset the game). What was even funnier was my cousin had caught a regular Rayquaza on his Ruby version, and spent the next week telling anyone who'd listen how obviously the green one was shiny and the black one ordinary. Ah, nostalgia. That was about eight years ago. That's quite scary, now I think about it.

Melon Hunter:

CM156:

Melon Hunter:

Heh, heh, thanks! It took me a while to realise how lucky I was to get it (especially as this was during a long chain of running out of Ultra Balls and having to reset the game). What was even funnier was my cousin had caught a regular Rayquaza on his Ruby version, and spent the next week telling anyone who'd listen how obviously the green one was shiny and the black one ordinary. Ah, nostalgia. That was about eight years ago. That's quite scary, now I think about it.

Damn. Has it really been that long? I feel old now...

I say we should try to keep nicknames in the goth theme to go along with Raven. That being said, the internet has provided me with some nickname ideas for Ralts.

Male: Lucifer, Abraxas, Drusus, Talon, Draven
Female: Amaranth, Lucine, Desdemona (really like this one), Nissa

My vote's for Desdemona, nice Othello reference there, but here are some ideas courtesy of a google'd nickname generator.

Oh yeah, as far as Shiny Pokemon go, for the longest time the only one I found was the Red Gyarados in Silver/SoulSilver, and then I caught a Shiny Poochyena in White yesterday and I was almost more pumped for it than catching the four legendaries I caught in the same day (Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, and Kyurem, if you care).

StorytellingIsAMust:
I say we should try to keep nicknames in the goth theme to go along with Raven. That being said, the internet has provided me with some nickname ideas for Ralts.

My vote's for Desdemona, nice Othello reference there, but here are some ideas courtesy of a google'd nickname generator.

I like the name Lucine the most of all of those, to be honest.

CM156:

StorytellingIsAMust:

That's another great name, and it's your LP. Pick whatever one you want.

StorytellingIsAMust:

CM156:

StorytellingIsAMust:

To be honest, I'm not going to be overplaying the whole "Goth" thing until I get the hang of how to do this. That, and I'm really not all that funny.

CM156:

StorytellingIsAMust:

CM156:

To be honest, I'm not going to be overplaying the whole "Goth" thing until I get the hang of how to do this. That, and I'm really not all that funny.

Meh, I'm laughing. Either I'm easily amused, or you're funnier than you think. Again, whatever you wanna do, it's your LP.

StorytellingIsAMust:

CM156:

StorytellingIsAMust:

Meh, I'm laughing. Either I'm easily amused, or you're funnier than you think. Again, whatever you wanna do, it's your LP.

I'm sorry but if you think I'm funny you must be crazy.

Joking aside, thank you.

ChupathingyX:

They dont get any stat boost. Some people I've talked to like to believe they get better IV spreads, but I think they've just been lucky in what they found (besides when they showed me the spreads they were all between 12 and 18 so it wasnt exactly... impressive.

/shameless tooting of own horn

Though that list needs updating to my white shines.

emeraldrafael:

ChupathingyX:

They dont get any stat boost. Some people I've talked to like to believe they get better IV spreads, but I think they've just been lucky in what they found (besides when they showed me the spreads they were all between 12 and 18 so it wasnt exactly... impressive.

/shameless tooting of own horn

Though that list needs updating to my white shines.

Damn, that's a lot of shinies.

CM156:

Bitchin indeed, though with enough patience and time, one could get shiny versions of any stationary/guaranteed encounter relatively more quickly than others.

StorytellingIsAMust:

emeraldrafael:
snip

yeah. and tahts still not all of them.

Mm.. this is really my first time engaging in a 'Let's Play' Thread so do forgive me if I don't post correctly according to the OP spite reading it all. The starting Pokemon never satisfy me because it's to cliche' really.

What I like to do is hook up my previous Pokemon games and have an egg. When I get this egg, I walk a bit for around 15 minutes until it hatches. Then I use that Pokemon instead rather then the starting out Pokemon (which I just store in my NPC in the game.) Last time I did that, I had a Nidoran male which I named him Duke Nukem since he was going to become 'Nidoking' *pun intended here*.

emeraldrafael:

StorytellingIsAMust:

emeraldrafael:
snip

How do you even do that? I've been playing since red and I have only ever caught 3 and traded for 1. (I caught a shiny zigzagoon as well asa a shiny beldum and rayquaza, and I traded for a shiny ho-oh with some japanese person.)

Arkonnan:

emeraldrafael:

StorytellingIsAMust:

How do you even do that? I've been playing since red and I have only ever caught 3 and traded for 1. (I caught a shiny zigzagoon as well asa a shiny beldum and rayquaza, and I traded for a shiny ho-oh with some japanese person.)

I dunno. I've been called a God and then i was called a witchWarlock but I think I've just got tons of luck.

Well, I put a lot of hours into the games.

I spend my entire childhood up to this point playing Pokemon and never get a shiny. You get a shiny in the first few routes of a new game.
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

hazabaza1:
I spend my entire childhood up to this point playing Pokemon and never get a shiny. You get a shiny in the first few routes of a new game.

I looked at your post, and then substituted Stephen Fry's "NOOOOOO!" in your avatar with Darth Vader's "NOOOOOO!" in my mind. I don't know why, but it was hilarious. And I have to agree, getting a shiny within an hour of starting the game is just ridiculous.

Melon Hunter:

hazabaza1:

I looked at your post, and then substituted Stephen Fry's "NOOOOOO!" in your avatar with Darth Vader's "NOOOOOO!" in my mind. I don't know why, but it was hilarious. And I have to agree, getting a shiny within an hour of starting the game is just ridiculous.

I just wish it were a better pokemon, to be honest. One that I planned to keep in the party for a long time. Oh well.

As an aside, I have a major project in economics due to finals going on from Monday to Wednesday, so I won't have an update for a while. I perhaps picked the worst time to start a LP, TBH

EDIT: UPDATE: It looks like Thursday or Friday I'll be able to get an update out. Maybe. Wish me luck.

Hope you are able to, but no pressure.

emeraldrafael:
Hope you are able to, but no pressure.

The good news is that I'll 95% sure be able to get an update done by Friday.

The bad news is that I've gone 28 hours without sleep, and I'm starting to get a bit loopy. I also can't go to sleep for another 6 hours so my sleep scheduled isn't thrown off. So yeah. No update today.

Its cool. I know what you mean, I've been sick since 730 last night and havent gotten any sleep.

hazabaza1:

Yeah thats how I feel right now....

Ive never encountered or had a shiny pokemon in all my time...

Name: Batman
Starter: Treecko
Starter Name: Eye Strain (that's what the green / red colour combo makes me think of)

Let's Play: Pokemon Ruby Part 2: Our story continues

Firstly, sorry about the cursor in the screen. I'll do better about that next time

Secondly, when I write like this I'm talking in first person with Raven. I've decided her personality is a mix between goth, emo, hipster, hippie, and anything I feel like poking fun at, at the moment.

Anyhow:

Question time: What was your favorite GBA (GameBoy Advanced) game? Mine was actually Harvest Moon, Friends of a Mineral Town. I really liked that game. Why? Because you can give neon colored grass to a girl for a year and she wants to marry you. To me, that's just too funny. For the record, I went for Ann and then Mary on a second time through.

Metroid Fusion was my favorite GBA title. Any of the Metroid games on the GBA really.

You should name it Trips(Mushroom/Fighting, get it?)! If it depends on the gender, it could be Groomish(M) or Funga(F).

FilipJPhry:
Metroid Fusion was my favorite GBA title. Any of the Metroid games on the GBA really.

You should name it Trips(Mushroom/Fighting, get it?)! If it depends on the gender, it could be Groomish(M) or Funga(F).

So I take it they were good?

To be honest, I don't plan on using that pokemon much. The next gym is Rock, and I have two water types. Then there's fighting, and I have psychic and flying. Then electric, and I should have rock. Then it's back to fire, and I have water again.

Name the Shroomish Terence if male, Daisy if female.

Favorite GBA game? Tie between Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones, This series, or the Megaman BN series.

Favorite GBA game, probably the remake of FF6 for introducing me to FF6 and the greatness of Ultros

On the Shormish name: McScowly

UncleUlty:
Favorite GBA game, probably the remake of FF6 for introducing me to FF6 and the greatness of Ultros

On the Shormish name: McScowly

Would you say that FF6 was the best Final Fantasy game?

Favorite GBA? its a trio of KH: Chain of Memories, Pokemon Sapphire, and NHL 2002 (Mario was on the cover of that one).

And no fucking way. your first sight was a ralts (10% encounter rate) and a shroomish? If you catch a skitty Im gonna be tempted to call some bs. XD Though that shroomish is a good catch, cause its a grass and fighting type.

I named mine Piss Off or Fuck Yeah or Check It just cause that one guy goes on about shroomish, and i always kinda hoped he would see I had a shroomish and feel envious. (EDIT:) though more seriously, I would say name it Thomas

Also, lucifer's gonna evolve and get a dress. XD

First update you get a shiny. Second, you get a Ralts.
I kind of hate you right now.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 24 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked