Let's Play: Pokemon Ruby Post Game 4: In which we face off against evil

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 24 NEXT

Oh! Oh! I just remembered something! When you get to Dewford Town, please make the trendy phrase as inappropriate as possible. I remember laughing my head off after I found that you can change the phrase to 'Up Yours', along with all the people in the town hall gushing about their Up Yours merchandise and about how awesome Up Yours is.

emeraldrafael:

And no fucking way. your first sight was a ralts (10% encounter rate) and a shroomish? If you catch a skitty Im gonna be tempted to call some bs. XD Though that shroomish is a good catch, cause its a grass and fighting type.

I didn't mean to imply it was my first sighting. It took me about 4 minutes to get one.

hazabaza1:
First update you get a shiny. Second, you get a Ralts.
I kind of hate you right now.

Thanks.... I think

Melon Hunter:
Oh! Oh! I just remembered something! When you get to Dewford Town, please make the trendy phrase as inappropriate as possible. I remember laughing my head off after I found that you can change the phrase to 'Up Yours', along with all the people in the town hall gushing about their Up Yours merchandise and about how awesome Up Yours is.

I prefer to have them say "Your mother"

Even more funny!

Oh Better Idea for the Shroomish name: "Oh shit it" that way everything that you use the pokemon for will sound like a surprise. EX: Oh shit it used sleeppowder!

sage42:
Oh Better Idea for the Shroomish name: "Oh shit it" that way everything that you use the pokemon for will sound like a surprise. EX: Oh shit it used sleeppowder!

Two problems:

1: I don't use status effects much
2: Remember, the no naughty language rule? "Shit" kinda counts.

CM156:

sage42:

Two problems:

1: I don't either that was just an example.
2: Crap your right forgot about that one. Well mine still stand for Daisy if it's female, I'm voting for McFrumpy of it's male

sage42:

CM156:

sage42:

Two problems:

1: I don't either that was just an example.
2: Crap your right forgot about that one. Well mine still stand for Daisy if it's female, I'm voting for McFrumpy of it's male

I like those both the best so far.

I don't mind subtle jokes or obscenities. To me, those are the best kind. But to outright use one of those words?

My plan will likely be to capture and crop one day, and to write up the LP the next. That's how it stands now. The voting is still open for the Shroomish

It's kinda fun to play. I listen to DVDs on the United States Supreme Court and Penn&Teller while I play the game, interchanging between the two. It's actually a fun juxtaposition.

CM156:

emeraldrafael:

And no fucking way. your first sight was a ralts (10% encounter rate) and a shroomish? If you catch a skitty Im gonna be tempted to call some bs. XD Though that shroomish is a good catch, cause its a grass and fighting type.

I didn't mean to imply it was my first sighting. It took me about 4 minutes to get one.

ah, oka. and tahts right, you're not doing a nuzlocke. I've been reading so many of those Im thinking everyone is doing one. XD

emeraldrafael:

CM156:

emeraldrafael:

ah, oka. and tahts right, you're not doing a nuzlocke. I've been reading so many of those Im thinking everyone is doing one. XD

I'm not good enough to a Nuzlocke. That's simply why I'm not. I might Nuzlocke Silver on my own time, but I won't LP that.

CM156:

emeraldrafael:

CM156:

I'm not good enough to a Nuzlocke. That's simply why I'm not. I might Nuzlocke Silver on my own time, but I won't LP that.

everyone's good enough to Nuzlocke. You just have to get used to the idea of grinding more than usual.

emeraldrafael:

CM156:

emeraldrafael:

everyone's good enough to Nuzlocke. You just have to get used to the idea of grinding more than usual.

It's not just that, it's the "one pokemon per area" rule. I like building a fun, diverse team.

CM156:

emeraldrafael:
snip

It's not just that, it's the "one pokemon per area" rule. I like building a fun, diverse team.

You can do that. Do a no dupes clause (especially in ruby). Though it makes it less likely you'll see a ralts since there's Seven different pokemon on the first three routes (Eight if you can skip through rt 102 and go right to rt 104 to try and lower your odds and catch a ralts in rt 102).

and I was mistaken, thats a four percent chance to see a ralts. Though not the lowest (thats surskit at one percent (probably the lowest in game).

EDIT: not tell you you should do one, just its possible.

CM156:

UncleUlty:
Favorite GBA game, probably the remake of FF6 for introducing me to FF6 and the greatness of Ultros

On the Shormish name: McScowly

Would you say that FF6 was the best Final Fantasy game?

I hate to over hype games but I would call it one of the best and defiantly my personal favorite.

So why LP this game instead of SoulSilver? Just wondering.

SilverUchiha:
So why LP this game instead of SoulSilver? Just wondering.

Ehhh, I dunno. The image capture system is easier with only one screen. And if I'm going to LP one of the pokemon DS games, I'm going to do Explorers of Time/Darkness

CM156:
By making it fight to the death for my own glory.

I always did find it kind of funny that Pokemon was basically legal dog fighting.

What should I name it?

Shrooms?

Question time: What was your favorite GBA (GameBoy Advanced) game? Mine was actually Harvest Moon, Friends of a Mineral Town. I really liked that game. Why? Because you can give neon colored grass to a girl for a year and she wants to marry you. To me, that's just too funny. For the record, I went for Ann and then Mary on a second time through.

I don't own any Nintendo consoles to be honest.

I was always a Playstation person growing up.

Let's Play: Pokemon Ruby Part 3: In which we meet the Evil Team Cult

Question time: What is your favorite pokemon type? As in, water, fire, flying, ect.

I'm partial to Ice. I've always thought ice, in and of itself, was rather cool.

Just read through the first three chapters, great work on catching that shiny.

Also to answer your thread questions. Yes I have played Pokemon Ruby, it was my favourite Gameboy Advance game and my favourite type is the water type. I like them because of their stats and are capable of learning some awesome attacks not just water, a lot of them such as my favourite water type Milotic are capable of learning my favourite move, Mirror Coat.

knight of some random number:
Just read through the first three chapters, great work on catching that shiny.

Also to answer your thread questions. Yes I have played Pokemon Ruby, it was my favourite Gameboy Advance game and my favourite type is the water type. I like them because of their stats and are capable of learning some awesome attacks not just water, a lot of them such as my favourite water type Milotic are capable of learning my favourite move, Mirror Coat.

Always glad to have another reader join!

Water is what I always picked as a stater type, till generation 5. In gen 4, I barely used my starter, and got my high level Swampert as soon as I could. In Gen 5, I picked Grass. Then again, I barely played Gen 5, so that's not much, anyways.

CM156:

Easy there, big guy. Easy.

...did anyone else think the same thing when they saw that?

I'm so immature.

Question time: What is your favorite pokemon type? As in, water, fire, flying, ect.

Hmmm, I don't know much about Pokemon to say...probably normal type.

You know, because they can use harden *nudge, nudge*...I'm so immature.

ChupathingyX:

CM156:

Easy there, big guy. Easy.

...did anyone else think the same thing when they saw that?

I'm so immature.

Actually, I didn't think about it until right now, my friend.

And yes, yes you are immature.

CM156:

And here's our team. Think we stand a chance? I think so

Dont rely on ralts too much on nosepass. Actually... probably your best bet is marshtomp, just cause hes not weak to rock and he'll hopefully still have WG and maybe MS

other then that... your ralts could probably deal a good portion of damage to everyone int hat game just going against the Sp. Def.

Vaporeon is a Water type, thats my favorite pokemon, and some of my other favorite pokemon have been water. So that as a Solo type. Though electric is probably my second favorite Solo Type.

However, I like anything thats Steel/- because of the immunities and resistances you get with it. plus in recent Gens they give you a lot of good pokemon that are partial steel. If I were to ever by a gym leader, steel would be my type.

Though I think my favorite combination is either Fighting/Fire or Water/Steel.

EDIT:

ChupathingyX:

and yet not a single normal type can use it (even dual types).

emeraldrafael:

CM156:

And here's our team. Think we stand a chance? I think so

Dont rely on ralts too much on nosepass. Actually... probably your best bet is marshtomp, just cause hes not weak to rock and he'll hopefully still have WG and maybe MS

other then that... your ralts could probably deal a good portion of damage to everyone int hat game just going against the Sp. Def.

Vaporeon is a Water type, thats my favorite pokemon, and some of my other favorite pokemon have been water. So that as a Solo type. Though electric is probably my second favorite Solo Type.

However, I like anything thats Steel/- because of the immunities and resistances you get with it. plus in recent Gens they give you a lot of good pokemon that are partial steel. If I were to ever by a gym leader, steel would be my type.

Though I think my favorite combination is either Fighting/Fire or Water/Steel.

EDIT:

ChupathingyX:

I'll be using Liek's water type moves mostly. Gary also has one as well. Idn't hard.

By the way, did anyone get the joke about naming a Slakoth "Costa"?

CM156:

I honestly thought you named it costa for costa rica.

emeraldrafael:

CM156:

Actually, that's correct.

It's a Costa Rician joke (Not exclusive to there, I'm sure) about there being two-toed sloths, three-toed sloths, and five-toed sloths. You find the first two in the wild, and the last one in the government buildings.

emeraldrafael:

See, I wasn't lying, I really don't know much about Pokemon.

However, apparently Snorlax can use harden, and he's a normal type.

ChupathingyX:

emeraldrafael:

Well, that knowledge is going to haunt my nightmares. Thanks for that, my friend.

CM156:

ChupathingyX:

Well, that knowledge is going to haunt my nightmares. Thanks for that, my friend.

Oh god, even I didn't think of...that...but now that you mention it...

ChupathingyX:

emeraldrafael:

ah.

well, I was looking at the Black/white dex.

CM156:

emeraldrafael:

CM156:

It's a Costa Rician joke (Not exclusive to there, I'm sure) about there being two-toed sloths, three-toed sloths, and five-toed sloths. You find the first two in the wild, and the last one in the government buildings.

XD thats actually funny. I'll have to remember that some day for a party.

ChupathingyX:

CM156:

ChupathingyX:

Oh god, even I didn't think of...that...but now that you mention it...

Well, I'm not going to be able to sleep well tonight. It reminded me of this image

emeraldrafael:

ChupathingyX:

emeraldrafael:

ah.

well, I was looking at the Black/white dex.

CM156:

emeraldrafael:

XD thats actually funny. I'll have to remember that some day for a party.

I'm told the joke is funnier in Spanish. I bluffed my way though Spanish, so take that as you will.

CM156:
Well, I'm not going to be able to sleep well tonight. It reminded me of this image

Haha, that picture had me laughing out loud.

I'm going to remember it.

ChupathingyX:

CM156:

'Tis a bit dark, if you think about it. In tone, that is.

I like this one a bit more

Let's Play: Pokemon Ruby Part 4: In which we learn to cut ourselves

Question time: Who's your favorite Gym leader? Mine is Byron.

He's the most manly of men.

As a side note, due to my school ending and me moving back in with my parents for break, ect, updates will be a tad more uncommon. But I'll try to get them out as frequently as I can.

ChupathingyX:

CM156:

If that did the trick

Urgh76:

ChupathingyX:

CM156:

If that did the trick

How about this one?

Tis a personal favorite of mine

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 24 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked