Let's Play: Pokemon Ruby Post Game 4: In which we face off against evil

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 24 NEXT

For the names for the Pokemon: Male Aron is Tank and I got nothin for female, same with the Makuhita. As for gym leader this adorable thing:

sage42:
For the names for the Pokemon: Male Aron is Tank and I got nothin for female, same with the Makuhita. As for gym leader this adorable thing:

Yeah, she had some badass pokemon.

"Tank" is a good name for either gender, in my opinion.

CM156:

sage42:

Yes I have a Aggron name Tank in my party and he kicks sooooooooooo much ass. Plus it can learn surf oddly enough.

sage42:

CM156:

sage42:

Yes I have a Aggron name Tank in my party and he kicks sooooooooooo much ass. Plus it can learn surf oddly enough.

That is odd, my friend. How does that work?

CM156:

sage42:

CM156:

Very well oddly enough since I have a Blaziken.

sage42:

CM156:

sage42:

I was never much a fan of Blaziken, to be honest.

CM156:

sage42:

CM156:

It was always fun for me, the Blaze kick and Sky Uppercut were always just bad ass.

Don't really have a favorite, but I'd have to say Giovanni. most Gym leaders are just introduced when you get to their town and then never show up again, but Giovanni was integral to the story and he watched you grow culminating in a twist reveal of him being the viridian city gym leader and in a climatic fight.

I'm also a fan of Thorton, and Cynthia although they're not gym leaders but are similar.

sage42:

CM156:

sage42:

It was always fun for me, the Blaze kick and Sky Uppercut were always just bad ass.

Yeah. I guess so.

sextus the crazy:
Don't really have a favorite, but I'd have to say Giovanni. most Gym leaders are just introduced when you get to their town and then never show up again, but Giovanni was integral to the story and he watched you grow culminating in a twist reveal of him being the viridian city gym leader and in a climatic fight.

I'm also a fan of Thorton, and Cynthia although they're not gym leaders but are similar.

That whole thing with Giovanni was rather well done.

sextus the crazy:

I'm so sorry you clicked that button this soon into your time here on the Escapist.

sage42:

sextus the crazy:

I'm so sorry you clicked that button this soon into your time here on the Escapist.

Beg pardon? What are you talking about?

CM156:

sage42:

sextus the crazy:

There is a red button achievement I have. If you click on it, you get that achievement. It's a viral achievement, like the STD callsign in MW2

CM156:

sage42:

sextus the crazy:

In his badges, The Red Button badge. He clicked it.

sextus the crazy:

CM156:

sage42:

There is a red button achievement I have. If you click on it, you get that achievement. It's a viral achievement, like the STD callsign in MW2

Oh, that's what you're talking about. You've my pity, my friend. That badge is just evil

My favourite trainer is...damn, I don't like not knowing anything about the Pokemon games.

Urgh76:

God Damnit Steeler nation....

OT: not really much to comment about on the gym battle. Though you missed a good Roxanne is a prostitute joke.

As to my favorite Gym Leader, I've always liked Flannery, just cause its funny to see a gym leader who is inexperienced.

ChupathingyX:
My favourite trainer is...damn, I don't like not knowing anything about the Pokemon games.

Well, I suppose this is a good learning experience.

emeraldrafael:

Urgh76:

God Damnit Steeler nation....

OT: not really much to comment about on the gym battle. Though you missed a good Roxanne is a prostitute joke.

As to my favorite Gym Leader, I've always liked Flannery, just cause its funny to see a gym leader who is inexperienced.

Really? I missed a hooker joke? How? I MUST KNOW!

CM156:

Damn, how did I miss it?

Roxanne by The Police.

It's a song about a prostitute.

ChupathingyX:

CM156:

Damn, how did I miss it?

Roxanne by The Police.

Sadly, I know next to nothing about music. And I missed a joke like that? ;_;

I can't go on!!!

CM156:

ChupathingyX:

CM156:

Damn, how did I miss it?

Roxanne by The Police.

Sadly, I know next to nothing about music. And I missed a joke like that? ;_;

I can't go on!!!

eh, dont worry. Its not really and obvious thing unless you really think about the two. I only really thought about it cause I remember a friend mentioned it, saw it in another run recently, and because the song was playing on the radio when I read this.

For the names, I would suggest Pointy for Aron and Big Show for Makuhita. My favorite gym leader is Jasmine brcause her shy nature reminds me of Fluttershy.

FilipJPhry:
For the names, I would suggest Pointy for Aron and Big Show for Makuhita. My favorite gym leader is Jasmine brcause her shy nature reminds me of Fluttershy.

I guess I can kinda see that. However, Fluttershy doesn't have a monster Steelix as a pet. And perhaps that's a good thing.

CM156:

FilipJPhry:

I guess I can kinda see that. However, Fluttershy doesn't have a monster Steelix as a pet. And perhaps that's a good thing.

Well, she would never battle with her pokemon. I see it as Fluttershy would own a Steelix via trade or gift. Maybe as her starter somehow? In the anime, pokemon evolve by either stones or level up. Never from a trade.(at least from watching the first 3 seasons)

FilipJPhry:

CM156:

FilipJPhry:

Well, she would never battle with her pokemon. I see it as Fluttershy would own a Steelix via trade or gift. Maybe as her starter somehow? In the anime, pokemon evolve by either stones or level up. Never from a trade.(at least from watching the first 3 seasons)

I stopped watching the series after the 3rd Generation. I think. I watched Diamond and Pearl on and off. Anime was something I kinda grew out of.

Either Chuck or Jasmine. The former strikes me as the drunk uncle of the league. He shows up to Gym leaders meetings already plastered and makes lewd passes at Whitney involving her "milktanks" and asks Jasmine if see wants to see his Steelix. Then Pryce knocks him out cold(ba dum tish) and they dicuss why he's still in the league. The latter is adorable and a sweet girl with some bad ass Pokemon. Also it helps she's one half of my favorite crack pairing ever,Clair is the other half.

On the names: Aggron: Leonardo(after the guy who played Phillipe in The man in the Iron mask, if a girl: I'll second tank, though tankete gives me giggle.
For Makuhita: Lunch, because his head looks like a wrapped up lunch sack and he's fat(yes I am a master of subtly)

UncleUlty:
Either Chuck or Jasmine. The former strikes me as the drunk uncle of the league. He shows up to Gym leaders meetings already plastered and makes lewd passes at Whitney involving her "milktanks" and asks Jasmine if see wants to see his Steelix. Then Pryce knocks him out cold(ba dum tish) and they dicuss why he's still in the league. The latter is adorable and a sweet girl with some bad ass Pokemon. Also it helps she's one half of my favorite crack pairing ever,Clair is the other half.

On the names: Aggron: Leonardo(after the guy who played Phillipe in The man in the Iron mask, if a girl: I'll second tank, though tankete gives me giggle.
For Makuhita: Lunch, because his head looks like a wrapped up lunch sack and he's fat(yes I am a master of subtly)

I like Tankete, that's my vote for female Aron. For Makuhita go with Makalov for male, Astrid for female. If anyone can guess where I got the names from (it's from a game) they receive a cookie.

My favorite gym leader is Wallace. Perhaps this would change if I played Emerald, but then again, Wallace is the Champion in that game, so still better than Juan.

sage42:

UncleUlty:

I like Tankete, that's my vote for female Aron. For Makuhita go with Makalov for male, Astrid for female. If anyone can guess where I got the names from (it's from a game) they receive a cookie.

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance?

If so, I'll take my cookie now.

So far, Tank and Tankete are the winners for Aron, and Makalov and Astrid are teh winners for Makuhita. Unless I get a better name, that is.

CM156:

sage42:

UncleUlty:

So far, Tank and Tankete are the winners for Aron, and Makalov and Astrid are teh winners for Makuhita. Unless I get a better name, that is.

Damn first guess for that a super cookie!

sage42:

CM156:

sage42:

Damn first guess for that a super cookie!

My god... those cookies...

They're amazing!

CM156:
snip

Yes they are, be careful if you try to make them people have had mixed results on 'em.

Makuhita's Name: E. Honda
Aron's Name: Vibranium
Favorite Gym Leader: Hm...tough call. I think I'll say Lt. Surge, if only because he was always a ball-breaker when I played the original games.

sage42:

CM156:
snip

Yes they are, be careful if you try to make them people have had mixed results on 'em.

Honestly, they look too indulgent, even for me.

The Great JT:
Makuhita's Name: E. Honda
Aron's Name: Vibranium
Favorite Gym Leader: Hm...tough call. I think I'll say Lt. Surge, if only because he was always a ball-breaker when I played the original games.

Didn't he say something about pokemon saving his life during the war?

CM156:
Didn't he say something about pokemon saving his life during the war?

He's been in wars, that's why he's so badass!

FilipJPhry:

CM156:

FilipJPhry:

Like I said, a very obscure reference. Xander is a Buffy reference and Baltar is a Battlestar Galactica reference.
If we need a pokemon reference, I'd suggest a name like Emerald or Ruby! Something from the original trainer's name.

I still like the name "Raven" a lot. Perhaps it's because I love the horrid fanfiction "My Immortal" but it's just resonating with me well.

Yeah, a Teen Titans thing will be nice! i don't know much about My Immortal, but I hear that it's the worst(and unintentionally) the funniest fan fic ever! I'm gonna check it out.

I found a youtube video of it being narrated by Scottish people!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 24 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked