Let's Play: Pokemon Ruby Post Game 4: In which we face off against evil

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 . . . 24 NEXT

Nicknames, nicknames? Sorry can't think of any, then again I never really give my Pokemon nicknames.

As for my favourite gym leader, it's a tie between Clair, Volkner and Skyla.

ChupathingyX:
My favourite trainer is...damn, I don't like not knowing anything about the Pokemon games.

go to these sites and just read whatever you want. It can only help.

www.serebii.net
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Main_Page

Melon Hunter:
Oh! Oh! I just remembered something! When you get to Dewford Town, please make the trendy phrase as inappropriate as possible. I remember laughing my head off after I found that you can change the phrase to 'Up Yours', along with all the people in the town hall gushing about their Up Yours merchandise and about how awesome Up Yours is.

Don't forget the best one: "adult toys". That trend has the best merchandise.

Regarding the naming of your pokemon this might help:

Male aron: Old ironsides
Female Aron: Mark IV (the only tank I know of with a female version)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_tank
makuhita: king hippo (from punch-out)

sextus the crazy:

Melon Hunter:
Oh! Oh! I just remembered something! When you get to Dewford Town, please make the trendy phrase as inappropriate as possible. I remember laughing my head off after I found that you can change the phrase to 'Up Yours', along with all the people in the town hall gushing about their Up Yours merchandise and about how awesome Up Yours is.

Don't forget the best one: "adult toys". That trend has the best merchandise.

Regarding the naming of your pokemon this might help:

Male aron: Old ironsides
Female Aron: Mark IV (the only tank I know of with a female version)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_tank
makuhita: king hippo (from punch-out)

"Adult toys" is acceptable, but I have something a bit funnier in mind.

Sorry it's taking me so long with the update. The program I used to screencap was acting funky, and I'm waiting to hear back from the business I got it from. Shouldn't be long now.

CM156:
Sorry it's taking me so long with the update. The program I used to screencap was acting funky, and I'm waiting to hear back from the business I got it from. Shouldn't be long now.

can't you jsut use VBA's integral screen capture system?

sextus the crazy:

CM156:

can't you jsut use VBA's integral screen capture system?

For some reason, it only works about half the time or so. That, and the images come out at a lower quality. It's something weird with my computer. Sorry for the wait.

Let's Play: Pokemon Ruby Part 5: In which we do nothing for a while

Now time for the question: What is the most useless HM? My vote is for Flash.

CM156:

Fuckin' defog. Worst idea ever.

Pearwood:

CM156:

Fuckin' defog. Worst idea ever.

Something like that would be rather helpful in real life, though. Especially where I go to school. It can get very foggy. But yeah. Worthless HM

I find whirlpool to be. No real reason why I guess, other than its just a non deletable fire spin for whater types.

and awesome phrase.

emeraldrafael:
I find whirlpool to be. No real reason why I guess, other than its just a non deletable fire spin for whater types.

and awesome phrase.

I kinda agree with whirlpool

And thank you. It's rather amusing that they allow that sort of thing in the game.

Ah, we're allowed to do this kind of topic?

I should create one, sometime.

LilithSlave:
Ah, we're allowed to do this kind of topic?

I should create one, sometime.

Of course we are, dear Pinkie Pie. I'm hardly the first person to do a LP here.

CM156:

First off, I'm currently playing through Ruby right now (hence why this caught my eye). Secondly; you lucky bastard! And finally, ever since I played DA:O I've named my in-game pets "Barkspawn".

EDIT: I currently have a female Grovyle called Horatio, and a male Kirlia (I know!) called Walter. I just beat the electric gym leader by spamming double team, then calm mind on my Kirlia, meaning I dodged my way to Magneton, then tanked my way through Shock Wave.

Biosophilogical:

CM156:

First off, I'm currently playing through Ruby right now (hence why this caught my eye). Secondly; you lucky bastard! And finally, ever since I played DA:O I've named my in-game pets "Barkspawn".

Thank you. I do the same with all my in game pets as well. At least those that look like or are dogs

Ahhh, Pokemon games and the joy of naming things!

CM156:

emeraldrafael:

and awesome phrase.

And thank you. It's rather amusing that they allow that sort of thing in the game.

I was thinking its funnier just how perfectly it sets up for the joke.

emeraldrafael:

CM156:

emeraldrafael:

and awesome phrase.

It's like they trust us not to be immature. Shows what good that did 'em

CM156:

emeraldrafael:

CM156:

Or that they're still marketing to kids and dont expect them to do something like that.

emeraldrafael:

CM156:

emeraldrafael:

Or that they're still marketing to kids and dont expect them to do something like that.

Come on. You were a kid at one point, right? All kids know to do this sort of things. They're the ones who name pokemon after genitalia and snicker when they use "harden"

emeraldrafael:

Got to disagree there, whirlpool is invaluable against the legendary doggies and other roamers.

Pearwood:

emeraldrafael:

Got to disagree there, whirlpool is invaluable against the legendary doggies and other roamers.

I usually have a pokemon with arena trap by that point, so I could care less if they tried to run.

CM156:

emeraldrafael:

CM156:

Come on. You were a kid at one point, right? All kids know to do this sort of things. They're the ones who name pokemon after genitalia and snicker when they use "harden"

I didnt use a your mom joke for the first time till I was 14 to be honest.

emeraldrafael:

Pearwood:

emeraldrafael:

I usually have a pokemon with arena trap by that point, so I could care less if they tried to run.

CM156:

emeraldrafael:

I didnt use a your mom joke for the first time till I was 14 to be honest.

To be honest, I didn't for a while. But almost all my classmates at one time or another did so.

emeraldrafael:

It's still hardly as worthless as defog or flash. And the only good pokemon that gets arena trap is Dugtrio which isn't in all of the games and even sticking with the GSC example you only get those long after you release the legendary dogs. Only Dream World chandelure and gothitelle get shadow tag too.

Pearwood:

emeraldrafael:

It's still hardly as worthless as defog or flash. And the only good pokemon that gets arena trap is Dugtrio which isn't in all of the games and even sticking with the GSC example you only get those long after you release the legendary dogs. Only Dream World chandelure and gothitelle get shadow tag too.

Trapinch gets Arena trap. And wobbefett gets shadow tag.

And I dont actively hunt the dogs until later in game so it doesnt matter when I find a pokemon with arena trap.

Flash is the most useless. While whirlpool is pretty much cut but on the water, it is still essential for game progrssion. Defog was useful for one area, but wasn't necessary (I didn't know about defog the first time I played DPPT :( [thank god for aerial ace!]) Flash, however, is just mildly convenient for one or two areas a game and is rendered useless by having map from a walkthough/guide.

sextus the crazy:
Flash is the most useless. While whirlpool is pretty much cut but on the water, it is still essential for game progrssion. Defog was useful for one area, but wasn't necessary (I didn't know about defog the first time I played DPPT :( [thank god for aerial ace!]) Flash, however, is just mildly convenient for one or two areas a game and is rendered useless by having map from a walkthough/guide.

Cuts more (EDIT) powerfl than whirlpool. cut has a 50 base power and 100 acc. Plus its normal, and more pokemon can learn it.

Wow, I've been gone for a while. Loving what you're doing, though, keep it up.

emeraldrafael:

sextus the crazy:

Cuts more (EDIT) powerfl than whirlpool. cut has a 50 base power and 100 acc. Plus its normal, and more pokemon can learn it.

I'm talking about strictly out-of-battle use.

sextus the crazy:

emeraldrafael:

sextus the crazy:

I'm talking about strictly out-of-battle use.

If you're talking strictly out of battle, then Defog is equally as useless as Flash, and can be solved with a good map.

I'd say defog is the most useless, you only really need it once and even then you can it's easy to make your way through the area without out.

Although Flash does come in close second.

And then there's Cut how many times did you actually need that HM in Black and White because I can think of just one, the dreamyard to get an item.

Shitty HMs...Flash. Good grief...flash.

So, are you planning to take that Shroomish all the way to learning Spore?
It's fairly painful (especially if aren't delaying leveling for the purpose of nabbing full Speed EVs later), but it's totally worth it in the end.

Spore takes the pain out of trying to capture certain pokemon entirely (Latios/Latias can bite my ass); and it's one of the best non-damage moves in the series.

Atmos Duality:
Shitty HMs...Flash. Good grief...flash.

So, are you planning to take that Shroomish all the way to learning Spore?
It's fairly painful (especially if aren't delaying leveling for the purpose of nabbing full Speed EVs later), but it's totally worth it in the end.

Spore takes the pain out of trying to capture certain pokemon entirely (Latios/Latias can bite my ass); and it's one of the best non-damage moves in the series.

I wasn't planing on it, but I might.

CM156:

I wasn't planing on it, but I might.

I say go for it. Even if it just sits in the back, soaking EXP through the EXP Share.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 . . . 24 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked