Let's Play: Pokemon Ruby Post Game 4: In which we face off against evil

Pages PREV 1 . . . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 . . . 24 NEXT

CM156:

I'll be catching a Trapinch soon enough. How about I name that one "Anthony"?

It's been a while since I've played Diamond and Pearl. My point was more that Cyrus was rather nihilistic. He also had that cliche JRPG plan to try to control a anchent god-like power. Which wasn't very smart, in my opinion.

So far, I've got "Otoro" and "Misty" for Gulpin as far as names go.

if you dont mind naming it that. I just like Flygon as a pokemon, and its my second favorite dragon after dragonite.

I suppose so. But like is aid, they got stuff done and had the most evil plans by taking over the universe. and really, except fro team rocket all the evil teams tried to control god like pokemon. team rocket just said fuck that we'll make one.

emeraldrafael:

CM156:

I'll be catching a Trapinch soon enough. How about I name that one "Anthony"?

It's been a while since I've played Diamond and Pearl. My point was more that Cyrus was rather nihilistic. He also had that cliche JRPG plan to try to control a anchent god-like power. Which wasn't very smart, in my opinion.

So far, I've got "Otoro" and "Misty" for Gulpin as far as names go.

if you dont mind naming it that. I just like Flygon as a pokemon, and its my second favorite dragon after dragonite.

I suppose so. But like is aid, they got stuff done and had the most evil plans by taking over the universe. and really, except fro team rocket all the evil teams tried to control god like pokemon. team rocket just said fuck that we'll make one.

Yeah. I suppose so. When will these people ever learn? I didn't finish pokemon Black, so I don't know how the evil schemes for Team Plasma went.

By the way, I have a planned "Mini-update" that I should have done later today.

CM156:

emeraldrafael:
snip

Yeah. I suppose so. When will these people ever learn? I didn't finish pokemon Black, so I don't know how the evil schemes for Team Plasma went.

Cool. I'll check in and out through the day so I'll see it if you do and Im sure I'll comment.

And yeah, team plasma is rather... well, they have the most retarded plan really, and really they're just a hyperviolent sect of PETA. Plus they're so hypocritical.

emeraldrafael:

CM156:

emeraldrafael:
snip

Cool. I'll check in and out through the day so I'll see it if you do and Im sure I'll comment.

And yeah, team plasma is rather... well, they have the most retarded plan really, and really they're just a hyperviolent sect of PETA. Plus they're so hypocritical.

Well, I'll change the title when I do, so if you bookmark this thread, you'll be able to see the change in the title.

And yes. They reminded me of PETA. And I'm not a fan of PETA, so that kinda made me not like them so much.

CM156:

emeraldrafael:
snip

Well, I'll change the title when I do, so if you bookmark this thread, you'll be able to see the change in the title.

And yes. They reminded me of PETA. And I'm not a fan of PETA, so that kinda made me not like them so much.

Yeah.

And yeah, I got turned off to them until I started readinga nuzlocke of black. t hen that made me like one grunt. though i never really minded N one way or the other.

Let's Play: Pokemon Ruby Mini-Update 1: In which we enter a house

A mini-update? What foolery is this?

Mini-updates are for small, non-story related part of the adventure. Mostly, they will involve going into the trick man's house. They will be smaller/shorter than most updates.

And thus concludes our first Mini-update. At the end of these, I'll be asking non-pokemon related questions.

Question: Do you play DnD, and if so, what ruleset do you use?

I do, and I much prefer 3.5.

ALSO: As I mentioned before, if anyone wants a pokemon that can be caught in Ruby named after them, tell me and I'll do it. So far, emeraldrafael wants a Trapinch named "Anthony"

I've played Pathfinder,3.5 and 4.0, I tend to go with 4.0 because it's easier on our DM and I'll be fucked If I really have a say in the matter.

UncleUlty:
I've played Pathfinder,3.5 and 4.0, I tend to go with 4.0 because it's easier on our DM and I'll be fucked If I really have a say in the matter.

Really? I find 3.5 easier to DM myself. And I've never done Pathfinder. I have heard it's rather good, though.

CM156:

Why don't you just offer her candy?

My mommy told me I shouldn't take candy from strangers.

But yeah, the trick master is totally a rapist.

I do, but then again, i dont. I dont play on a board or map or anything. my friends and I just get together and make shit up as we go along.

emeraldrafael:

CM156:

Why don't you just offer her candy?

My mommy told me I shouldn't take candy from strangers.

But yeah, the trick master is totally a rapist.

I do, but then again, i dont. I dont play on a board or map or anything. my friends and I just get together and make shit up as we go along.

I do pretty much the same with my friends, to be honest. We house ruled a few things about Paladins to make them more interesting. Same goes for Clerics.

I think groups should follow the rule of "Fun > Rules"

CM156:

I do pretty much the same with my friends, to be honest. We house ruled a few things about Paladins to make them more interesting. Same goes for Clerics.

yeah. All I know is, one of my friends is playing a thief character who when he started had both his legs, but now has since lost them and has to have our biggest and bulkiest tank carry him. Which is funny cause anytime he tries to sneak up to something we give him a negative 14 on it cause he's sneaking for two and the guy he's riding on the back of has huge heavy plate armour that in real life you would never be able to sneak in unless you were sneaking in the school for the deaf.

we find it hilarious, but then again, thats cause in real life the friend who plays a thief is missing both his legs.

its a shame hockey's not too big here. lot of quality hockey jokes in those pictures.

emeraldrafael:

CM156:

yeah. All I know is, one of my friends is playing a thief character who when he started had both his legs, but now has since lost them and has to have our biggest and bulkiest tank carry him. Which is funny cause anytime he tries to sneak up to something we give him a negative 14 on it cause he's sneaking for two and the guy he's riding on the back of has huge heavy plate armour that in real life you would never be able to sneak in unless you were sneaking in the school for the deaf.

we find it hilarious, but then again, thats cause in real life the friend who plays a thief is missing both his legs.

its a shame hockey's not too big here. lot of quality hockey jokes in those pictures.

We had one instance where an evil God was shooting fireballs at the Drow Rogue but he kept being able to make a very high saving throw to the point at which he took no damage. And my friend played a sorcerer who loved to shoot rainbows at people. That was a fun group

EDIT: I also know absolutely nothing about hockey, sadly

Let's Play: Pokemon Ruby Part 8: In which we beat up a "special" child

I'm trying something different here.

Question time: Which image size do you want me to use for this Let's Play? The smaller, original format one, or the larger one? It's not too much work either way. So yeah. Tell me which one you think works better, and whichever one has more votes, I'll use. If you don't care either way, tell me that as well.

I kinda of like the smaller format, it looks a bit sharper though that might just be my imagination.

I like the smaller, but thats just cause it doesnt seem as.... I wanna say obnoxious as an "in your face look at me and only me I dominate the screen" kinda way.

As to the update.. it kinda sucks that all dark moves are special in third gen.

And I feel you missed a quality Bike Shop episode of Different Strokes joke. Thats 0 for 2 since you missed the Prostitute Roxanne joke.

emeraldrafael:

And I feel you missed a quality Bike Shop episode of Different Strokes joke. Thats 0 for 2 since you missed the Prostitute Roxanne joke.

I'm kinda unaware of what that is. But damn, I lose again? Blast!

CM156:

emeraldrafael:

Different strokes is an older TV show that had Gary coleman when we was a young child (i think). It was a bout a rich white old guy who adopted two young black youths into his home (so you can tell this was back when that kinda stuff was hip and cool and edgy) and is where the line "watchu talking about willis" came from (gary coleman's brother in the show was named willis).

the Bike shop episode as I commonly hear people call it is a two part episode that featured a bike shop run by a guy named dudley, who was a Pedophile. He starts as an oka guy, and some older white dude who just likes being around kids. then it gets worse, hits a peak at him giving the kids whine to drug them, and you get to a point where GC's character runs away and leaves his rbother to presumably be raped. In the end the boys are found and the guy is arrested and the lesson is learned about pedophiles.

Its not the funniest joke to make, but a well done reference can be somewhat humourous.

And AH!!! So much bright on my screen!! so glad i saw this change before I was up in the middle of the night in the dark and it did this.

emeraldrafael:

CM156:

emeraldrafael:

Different strokes is an older TV show that had Gary coleman when we was a young child (i think). It was a bout a rich white old guy who adopted two young black youths into his home (so you can tell this was back when that kinda stuff was hip and cool and edgy) and is where the line "watchu talking about willis" came from (gary coleman's brother in the show was named willis).

the Bike shop episode as I commonly hear people call it is a two part episode that featured a bike shop run by a guy named dudley, who was a Pedophile. He starts as an oka guy, and some older white dude who just likes being around kids. then it gets worse, hits a peak at him giving the kids whine to drug them, and you get to a point where GC's character runs away and leaves his rbother to presumably be raped. In the end the boys are found and the guy is arrested and the lesson is learned about pedophiles.

Its not the funniest joke to make, but a well done reference can be somewhat humourous.

And AH!!! So much bright on my screen!! so glad i saw this change before I was up in the middle of the night in the dark and it did this.

Yeah, my jokes are more based around the subtleties of the translation, rather than outright saying "Man, this person is a pedophile"

And yes. It is bright. Very bright.

Let's Play: Pokemon Ruby Part 9: In which we engage in a "shocking" battle

Question time: Are you taking part in the whole "Change your picture to a pokemon" month on Facebook, and if so: What pokemon did you change it to? For me, it was Piloswine

CM156:

hehe, funny. and just as a little aside thing, are you going to be carrying that Mightyena the whoel time? cause thats cool if you do since its shiny, but you're gonna be in some tough spots with all the dark moves being sp. atk moves.

Question time: Are you taking part in the whole "Change your picture to a pokemon" month on Facebook, and if so: What pokemon did you change it to? For me, it was Piloswine

I didnt, but if I did, i would have made it

emeraldrafael:

CM156:

hehe, funny. and just as a little aside thing, are you going to be carrying that Mightyena the whoel time? cause thats cool if you do since its shiny, but you're gonna be in some tough spots with all the dark moves being sp. atk moves.

I didnt, but if I did, i would have made it

I don't know, to be honest. Maybe. I don't know what my final "Elite Four" group will be.

Also, I hope my jokes don't offend any people.

CM156:

emeraldrafael:
snip

I don't know, to be honest. Maybe. I don't know what my final "Elite Four" group will be.

Oka. Just thought Id ask about it.

and personally I found the willy wonka joke funny.

emeraldrafael:

CM156:

emeraldrafael:
snip

Oka. Just thought Id ask about it.

and personally I found the willy wonka joke funny.

Well, I always enjoy it when people are involved with my LP. So feel free to ask or state anything.

Ah, thanks. I was moreso referring to the Mormon joke. How he'd given up his plans to "Convert" the city. Which can mean quite a few things.

CM156:

emeraldrafael:
snip

Well, I always enjoy it when people are involved with my LP. So feel free to ask or state anything.

Ah, thanks. I was moreso referring to the Mormon joke. How he'd given up his plans to "Convert" the city. Which can mean quite a few things.

Im pretty sure the mormons at this point are used to mormon jokes.

and alright. well, just as an opinion, I'd like ot know what your current team is. I dont wantt o tell you waht to do, but I would to give an opinion on what I think you should catch for sure that will help you in the end but would cause some team switching.

though if im overstepping boundaries then dont worry about it.

emeraldrafael:

CM156:

emeraldrafael:
snip

Im pretty sure the mormons at this point are used to mormon jokes.

and alright. well, just as an opinion, I'd like ot know what your current team is. I dont wantt o tell you waht to do, but I would to give an opinion on what I think you should catch for sure that will help you in the end but would cause some team switching.

though if im overstepping boundaries then dont worry about it.

WHAT? HOW DARE YOU, SIR!

Kidding, kidding.

My team is the same it was at the end of the second to last LP. In the next update, I'll be going through the team and their moves/stats.

CM156:
-snip-

My team is the same it was at the end of the second to last LP. In the next update, I'll be going through the team and their moves/stats.

include their natures and abilities if you can please. not cause Im going to go all smogon or whatever the other site is called, but it would be nice to know what abilities the pokemon has if it has two and the nature.

But for your team... Im not exactly sure if I would recommend keeping zigzagoon. that pickup ability is nice, but he'll pretty much only be hitting neutral on almost everything, and any moves he really learns that could be useful I can imagine a Slaking could do as well. granted that truant ability would suck, but that STAB return and Strength would be killer. Plus he has a great movepool. Or you could got for a Vigaroth and have two other fighting moves on level up and a pokemon that can hit each round but with less stats (which are still very decent).

I'd honestly replace the mightyena with Cacnea. Once it evolves you get a dark type with 115 atk/sp.atk (and all its other stats are only 10 less than mightyena's). Plus you get a STAB grass type who can Seed/Spike and summon a Sandstorm that he would get a speed evasion boost in.

and that wingull should go. Other than being a fly/surf slave (which marshtomp will learns surf and put it to better use really) I wouldnt see much point to keep one (especially since flying doesnt really get you anything decent over the next few gyms and can be a liability in the eighth). You can always teach your flygon fly to use in battle, or instead just catch an altaria and have a dragon/flying to get a STAB on fly and keep that flying type in the party.

and really thats another thing. its going to be a personal preference, but you should catch an altaria or flygon. Altaria you'll probably have an easier time training as its pre evolve form and is bulkier than Flygon, but its also a bit slower and weaker in the atk(s) and hp departments. Both are great dragons (though altaria can learn ice beam and just wreck other dragons with it) and are early enough in game to train (vs a bagon).

Besides, and this is just my bias, it'd be cooler to see you have an altaria/flygon than a salamance, cause everyone has one of those or goes and gets one.

emeraldrafael:

CM156:
-snip-

include their natures and abilities if you can please. not cause Im going to go all smogon or whatever the other site is called, but it would be nice to know what abilities the pokemon has if it has two and the nature.

But for your team... Im not exactly sure if I would recommend keeping zigzagoon. that pickup ability is nice, but he'll pretty much only be hitting neutral on almost everything, and any moves he really learns that could be useful I can imagine a Slaking could do as well. granted that truant ability would suck, but that STAB return and Strength would be killer. Plus he has a great movepool. Or you could got for a Vigaroth and have two other fighting moves on level up and a pokemon that can hit each round ut with less stats (which are still very decent).

I'd honestly replace the mightyena with Cacnea. Once it evolves you get a dark type with 115 atk/sp.atk (and all its other stats are only 10 less than mightyena's). Plus you get a STAB grass type who can Seed/Spike and summon a Sandstorm that he would get a speed boost in.

and that wingull should go. Other than being a fly/surf slave (which marshtomp will learns surf and put it to better use really) I wouldnt see much point to keep one (especially since flying doesnt really get you anything decent over the next few gyms and can be a liability in the eighth). You can always teach your flygon fly to use in battle, or instead just catch an altaria and have a dragon/flying to get a STAB on fly and keep that flying type in the party.

and really thats another thing. its going to be a personal preference, but you should catch an altaria or flygon. Altaria you'll probably have an easier time training as its pre evolve form and is bulkier than Flygon, but its also a bit slower and weaker in the atk(s) and hp departments. Both are great dragons (though altaria can learn ice beam and just wreck other dragons with it) and are early enough in game to train (vs a bagon).

Besides, and this is just my bias, it'd be cooler to see you have an altaria/flygon than a salamance, cause everyone has one of those or goes and gets one.

I see. I actually like your ideas. I was going to get rid of Amy pretty soon, to be honest.

And I was also going to get a Cacnia or whatever it's called.

CM156:

emeraldrafael:
Mad Pokeymanz skillz

I see. I actually like your ideas. I was going to get rid of Amy pretty soon, to be honest.

Oka. I'd pull her out of the box if you ever go grinding though. thats what i do with pokemon i get that have pickup.

if a cacnia is the same thing as a cacnea, then yeah, I would get it. once its a cacturn, its pretty much superior to mightyena and a great type to have. You can make an excellent battler who can be one of the more effective lead/set up guys iny our team.

well, you get good at making teams work when you do a nuzlocke.

emeraldrafael:

CM156:

emeraldrafael:
Mad Pokeymanz skillz

Oka. I'd pull her out of the box if you ever go grinding though. thats what i do with pokemon i get that have pickup.

if a cacnia is the same thing as a cacnea, then yeah, I would get it. once its a cacturn, its pretty much superior to mightyena and a great type to have. You can make an excellent battler who can be one of the more effective lead/set up guys iny our team.

Yeah. That sounds like a good idea. When I get the Socialist EXP share, getting pokemon Leveled will be easy.

emeraldrafael:

CM156:

emeraldrafael:
Mad Pokeymanz skillz

Because I wanted room for my next update, I took the screencaps of the party. Here they are.

As I said, the team for when I'll be leveling through the gyms will likely be a different one then my endgame team.

As I said, next time is a mini-update. But it will be a large mini-update

Wow, that lax nature on the aron kinda sucks. Steel is supposed to give you a rather high special defense, and you're just killing it more. XD

And thats kinda unforunate. you're gonna have to keep mightyena as a rock smash slave, unless you teach it to Liek. Though that would be rather... wasteful of its move slots. Though I expect you'll be getting rid of those growls, or do you just like to hang on to them?

emeraldrafael:
Wow, that lax nature on the aron kinda sucks. Steel is supposed to give you a rather high special defense, and you're just killing it more. XD

And thats kinda unforunate. you're gonna have to keep mightyena as a rock smash slave, unless you teach it to Liek. Though that would be rather... wasteful of its move slots. Though I expect you'll be getting rid of those growls, or do you just like to hang on to them?

Not a huge fan of growl, to be honest. Also, it looks like I'll have to do two mini updates to cover everything in between the plot.

CM156:

emeraldrafael:

Not a huge fan of growl, to be honest. Also, it looks like I'll have to do two mini updates to cover everything in between the plot.

and yet, on three of your pokemon. XD Seriously, need to start TMing that shit out. actually on that topic, teach shock wave to Ralts. it will make very good use of it. cause ralts and its line are definite TM whores.

emeraldrafael:

CM156:

emeraldrafael:

and yet, on three of your pokemon. XD Seriously, need to start TMing that shit out. actually on that topic, teach shock wave to Ralts. it will make very good use of it. cause ralts and its line are definite TM whores.

Yeah, I've heard as much about Ralts. Too bad TMs are single use, though. If I'm not mistaken, they changed that in Generation V. That's a better system.

Offensive jokes?

What is this a PG website for grannies? :P

Keep doing what you're doing.

Also, I'm just curious if the gym battles get a lot harder later on. Every LP I've watched of a Pokemon game the first 3 or 4 gym battles are really easy.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 . . . 24 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here