Killing guards in Skyrim

So I accidentally killed this guard in Skyrim. Then I went to the town he was a guard for and everyone is attacking me. I warped out and tried to warp back in but they still attacked. How can I get them to stop and tell me to pay the bounty, go to jail, or whatever?

Have you tried sheathing your weapon? If you are in combat mode, they will assume you haven't surrendered.

Never surrender. Murder the entire town.

Kimarous:
Have you tried sheathing your weapon? If you are in combat mode, they will assume you haven't surrendered.

I tried warping back in and doing that but they just killed my. The icon to talk to the guard never came up.

Kill more guards. See what happens.

But seriously putting away your weapon should work or just load from a previous save.

There is a yeald option, you could try looking in your game manual for it. I think you have to talk to the guard while blocking, or sheathing your weapon.

Where are you exactly? I had this problem in the very first place after I killed a chicken. People started trying to murder me for it and since there aren't actually any guards in that town, I could not yield to anyone and pay off my bounty.

Point being, are the people attacking you actually guards? Or are you in the situation I described? If they are guards, simply sheathing your weapons is all that's required and a guard will talk to you. If that isn't happening, something is wrong and there's not much you can do.

Damn these guards hold a god damn grudge.

Jadak:
Where are you exactly? I had this problem in the very first place after I killed a chicken. People started trying to murder me for it and since there aren't actually any guards in that town, I could not yield to anyone and pay off my bounty.

Point being, are the people attacking you actually guards? Or are you in the situation I described? If they are guards, simply sheathing your weapons is all that's required and a guard will talk to you. If that isn't happening, something is wrong and there's not much you can do.

Yeah the whole town was attacking me. I decided in the end to nut-up and just reload the save before I killed the guard.

Try raising your guard and hitting 'A' on a guard. If it's like Oblivion, then an icon wont show up when you try. Just hit 'A' when the guard's close and they should get the message.

EDIT: Or write an apology letter

Thieves' Guild can pay off your bounty if you've found it. And the guard wasn't in Rifton.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked