Who plans to play as a GIRL in Skyrim?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

misterprickly:
Ever since I played that one chapter of Dragon Quest (may have been DQ4 or 5) where if you choose to play as a girl, the people STILL refer to you as "my son, my lad and my boy"; I have always enjoyed seeing what game developers include (or forget to include) when adding a gender option into their game.

I have noticed (for many years) that games that have a gender option typically have a "male oriented" script with a He/She exchange in the wording.

OR

Have a "gender neutral" script, that leaves out all sense of sex by using phrases like "My friend, my child" or even "Young one".

Personally... I can't wait to lace up my bingo-chip-bra and iron thong and see what they've (Bethesda) done with their game.

Always play as a girl. I'm a guy, and I don't like staring at another dude's ass for however many hours I put into a game, hence why I always choose a female if the choice is available.
Also, because in games I like to see badass chicks rather than random meathead dudes (unless they're more akin to Bruce Willis, then I can deal with it since he exudes more badassery than any other man on the planet IMO. even at his current age.)

If I get the choice I will, and I will say sometimes their build is much better than the male build because their look is a bit much and looks a little ridiculous.

I can't wait to see what Skyrim will do with the girl choice though, I really need to hurry up with AC so I can find out.

I will definitely be playing female characters. My two favourites from Oblivion were my female Khajiit "Acrobat" and a Breton lady I made into a custom class; a heavy-armour-wearing tanky caster, she kicked some ass (and I went through the Shivering Isles quests with her so I'm very attached).

My wife plans to.

Z

Probably not. Doesn't seem like there's any major perks or differences to the game, and I regularly play guys anyway.

Whenever I'm around , i always force my older brother to play as a female character in all the fallout games, with the exception of New Vegas, i wasn't around to force him. But yeah, of course I'm playing as a female when i get the game~

My life time rules of RPGs....The Rogue is always female, Warrior is always male, Mage can very. Seeing as I've started as a rogue, I guess me...lol

Speaking of female characters in Skyrim, has anyone noticed that the second preset for nords is the only female that doesnt just look like an angry, malnourished male? With a fe small changes, I made her look really good, but just couldnt work that with the other races...

I only play female in Bioware games with voices, since the female VA is always better than the Male VA. Jennifer Hale kicks Mark Meer's ass, and what's her name does a better Hawke than what's his name.

amaranth_dru:

Always play as a girl. I'm a guy, and I don't like staring at another dude's ass for however many hours I put into a game, hence why I always choose a female if the choice is available.

Good luck with SR3. Put your character in Bondage pants, and that ass is hypnotic.

Uhm... Im still raping my first playthrough.
My second one will be a female named Arturia Pendragon.

I usually play a female, an any game that allows you to. I honestly find it more fun than playing a guy, I don't know why. I blame Fallout 3 as that was the first game I played a female.

I always play a female in games if I have a choice for the character development (except in Mass Effect, where I tried to make myself.)

I'm playing as a GIRL (dont know why the allcaps in the title), because I am one.
I always play a girl when I can, you do occasionally get bugs where you get called `young man` or whatever, but it doesnt bother me.

I always play as chicks unless the ass I'm watching bob up and down for hours on end is a little 32x32 sprite. I've only noticed one instance of people referring to me as a male thus far in Skyrim, though. I think for the most part Bethesda's been really good about this.

Playing the hell out of my Dunmer Male Assassin Vampire
Then going to my Nord Female Warrior Bard

I never liked playing as a female character in Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas, but for some reason, I really like my female Argonian avatar in Skyrim. I don't know, the fact that she excels with the bow and stealth kinda makes her fit with the "Amazon" archetype:

poiumty:
You know what the primary dragon killing weapon is? DO YOU?

If the answer is anything but "My bare hands", you're doing it wrong.

probably male idk ever since that one day in gamer guild when the guy were choosing girls just to look at how "pweety" the girl looked when she was dancing in dj hero. Literally one guy said, "this is the best part" during a part where it zoomed in on the girl dancing. it just weird and annoying.

I'm planning on it in my next playthrough. I started out making a male mage, and in the future I'm going to make a male soldier, but in between those I'm going to make a female sneak. It's always more fun to have a female sneak!

Just started a female Orc last night. Plan on going mainly physical stuff with her: two handed weapons, heavy armor, smithing, archery.

So far when people are talking about my character, in something other than the second-person, they'll use 'she'. It looks like they'll do a good job of making sure that you feel like your character is indeed the gender you choose for them. And I would not be surprised to find that there are gender exclusive dialogue that you get depending upon whether you're male or female.

I'm also guessing there isn't much beyond gender recognition and the occasional gender exclusive dialogues to differentiate genders though. All quests are probably open equaly to both characters, as are probably all positions. Skyrim seems to be a place where it isn't odd to see a woman hold a position of importance.

Played over 76 hours as a High-Elf female.

Currently got a male breton berserker-wizard-assassin but I'm thinking of rerolling to something else and going all-stealth.
Might make a female orc just to fuck with people, and have it be my stealth character just to fuck with people even more. But I'll probably end up going with argonian instead...

In oblivion my last character was a breton witch type thing, but seeing as I've already got a breton I probably won't do that. Dark elf witch?

I always play as female because it's easier for me to create a semi-decent looking character. My males always end up looking like the ugly tree fell on them D:

I'm always female on the third playthrough.
Oh and I heard most elves where racist,I've seen MANY douchbag Nords,Orcs are...suicidy,Imperials are boring,and Khajits are the minority.
So my race options are limited.

I'm playing as a girl character right now in Skyrim. An assassin archer who knows how to use destruction and conjuration magic? That's some deadly stuff right there, better hope you're not the target of a contract. Especially since she's a Dark Elf.

In all seriousness though, I started out with a guy. Was fun, he was a breton thus beat the game and all.. but I didn't feel satisfied. Seemed that his role in the game seemed to be relying to heavily on just straight up melee. I wanted sneak, make challenges for myself.. and thought that a girl assassin would be cooler. SO that's what I did.

Already am.

But my next character will be a tall, burly manly man with a two-hand weapon in leathers.

I always play female characters when given the option.

Skyrim seems fine overall, although I did notice one small oddity. When I got my Skyforge weapon during The Companions quest line, the blacksmith referred to me as "Lad."

I have a habit while playing Elder Scrolls of creating white haired Redguard thieves named Ororo

I plan to, I tend to play as female characters rather than male ones in general anyway when given the choice. No real reason, I just prefer that. It has led to a couple of people trying to proposition me in Halo Reach when they've noticed my SPARTAN sounds distinctly feminine when she grunts or calls out during multiplayer, despite me being a guy... xD

But yeah, I'll be playing as a girl in Skyrim when I get it. And I dare say Bethesda will release a patch for that soon enough, along with the other major bugs and glitches (I assume there are plenty, given the developers, can't say for sure though as I've not played it yet :P).

I'm playing as a wood elf female, It's not that strange since I'm a girl myself.

I am a stealth character level 38 atm 100 in bows. and around 90 in other stealth skills 60 odd in smithing, restoration and speechcraft among other things.

I'm loving it so far will probably play as a Sword and Board female Nord next.

Trivun:

But yeah, I'll be playing as a girl in Skyrim when I get it. And I dare say Bethesda will release a patch for that soon enough, along with the other major bugs and glitches (I assume there are plenty, given the developers, can't say for sure though as I've not played it yet :P).

I have had 0 problems so far on PC (yeah I'm surprised too) although I hear the PS3 version is a bit buggy because of some hardware difficulty or something. The game seems pretty polished tbh seems like Bethesda took criticism to heart.

Smiles:
so far I haven't noticed anything thats like "well you are just a puny woman" or something like that.

Fallout New Vegas' Legion is misogynistic. I was considering helping them with my female character but they were such assholes about it I just murdered them all.

OT: When I get tired of my strapping Dunmer male, I'm thinking of making a female Argonian. Does that count as a girl? :P

As I usually do when playing these games, will be playing a BOY, unless I have a role playing reason for doing otherwise (neverwinter mod dance of rogues where pc must be female), prefer to stick to the gender that's most familiar for me so as to immerse myself better.

Kakulukia:
Fallout New Vegas' Legion is misogynistic. I was considering helping them with my female character but they were such assholes about it I just murdered them all.

OT: When I get tired of my strapping Dunmer male, I'm thinking of making a female Argonian. Does that count as a girl? :P

Lol I was gonna mention that if I did end up playing a male character it would probably be argonian or kajiit just because it would probably be harder to tell the difference :P

good on you for murdering those Legion basterds. I never got very far in fallout myself ><

Kakulukia:

Smiles:
so far I haven't noticed anything thats like "well you are just a puny woman" or something like that.

I noticed that a Nord woman told me to be careful and not let men take advantage of me but apart from that I haven't noticed much. The lads in the thieves guild seem kind of... friendly... but maybe that's my imagination. lol.

Only play females, as I am girl. Only play male characters to pick up any missing story point. Ex: KoToRII male Exile = Handmaiden.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked