FIXED: Skyrim 1.2 Breaks Everything.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

newwiseman:
I'm on PC and I have none of those problems with 1.2.

Satsuki666:

SidingWithTheEnemy:
From one proud member of the PC Gaming Master Races to another one [assuming dodging rotten tomatos position now]

Can someone please tell me how you can hinder Steam from uploading that patch?

I think you might have to use steams horrendously buggy offline mode. Either that or go around looking for a crack to make it work around steam. There will be one out available somewhere, there always is.

There is an option is steam to not immediately check for game update.

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135032

Ha! Did you read that thread? The parallels are quite amusing.

Sidingwith:
In my experience, Steam's "do not automatically update this game" option does not do what's on the box.

>Do not update
>Don't launch the game
>Golden.

>Do not update
>Launch the game
>UPDAAAAAAAATE

Thanks Steam :/

Keep Steam offline to avoid this

--Addendum--
I just went to my Steam library to confirm this and I couldn't launch Space Marine (The only non-updated game in my library at present)

Steam - Error

This game is currently unavailable.
Please try again at another time.

>Turn updates on
>Updates
>Game launches

I couldn't launch it in Offline mode either until the update had finished.
This game is not ready to be played in offline mode

The way that Steam updates games is far from ideal.

It's far from the polished and refined Godsend it's made out to be.
I have a good reason for not wanting my games updated through Steam.

Keep it offline and pray that it stays functional...

The real tragedy of this patch is that bookshelves don't work anymore.

Sud0_x:
[quote="newwiseman" post="9.328350.13377648"]
>Do not update
>Don't launch the game
>Golden.

>Do not update
>Launch the game
>UPDAAAAAAAATE

Thanks Steam :/

Keep it offline and pray that it stays functional...

Yep, I told Steam to not update as soon as 1.1 was released and everything was stable (for me, anyway). I also had a 4GB patcher, and didn't want to have to update it.

Of course, it was updated.

Thanks Steam.

I was having similar problems to the button-recognition ones you mention in the original build. Half the time when I try to select a convo option it ends the conversation, half the time i try to look through a shop's wares it closes the shop... Just crapola!

Scorched_Cascade:

...maybe I'm roleplaying a little too grimdark for Elder Scrolls ^^

As long as you don't write diaries about your sexual adventures with those bodies and female draugr and leave those lying around... Nah (Yes... there is such a thing in this game).

denseWorm:
I was having similar problems to the button-recognition ones you mention in the original build. Half the time when I try to select a convo option it ends the conversation, half the time i try to look through a shop's wares it closes the shop... Just crapola!

Same here, but not very often and it was still playable; I just put it down to the bad UI.

Now Skyrim is completely unplayable.

Are all of these issues only cropping up in the PC version? I haven't played in a couple of days(xbox360) and was just curious. :D

I work for Belethor, over at the general goods store.

Ad I haven't had any issues with this patch.

I haven't heard any similar complaints, but I feel like my magic regeneration has been nerfed. I've thrown all my skills into magicka and am wearing several magic boosting items. Prior to the patch I was able to constantly use novice spells (flame, healing, shock, etc.) because I was regenerating faster than it was draining. Immediately after the patch, I started running out a magic constantly. It sucks that my previously awesome mage is now constantly hiding in broom closets waiting for his magic bar to refill.

I didnt DL it anway thank god.

2 funy things rom this.
1. People always said obsidian madebuggy games, and said bethesdas ere less buggy, lulz I dont remember shit like his in FNV.

Only problem I've encountered is that goddamn button to get into the thieves' guild from outside is not working. I can get out fine, but have to take the long way in. It's not that it's not responsive, it simply doesn't exist anymore ;-;

Hey there. Made this account so I can share some info.

I'm having the same issue and found a sort of workaround. It's still far from optimal because although it fixes the inability to read books or fast travel, now I can't use my 'R' key. Hence I can't "loot all" stuff from any container (have to go picking up one item at a time, which is no big deal but still, sucks a bit) and, more importantly, I can't store anything in a container, which is quite inconvenient.

So it's a lesser of two evils kind of scenario. Also, there's no way of reverting this, it would seem. I can't get the 'R' key to work, no matter what .ini files I delete. I suppose a reinstall would revert it, but I honestly cba to reinstall the whole game and all the mods I have.

So maybe you're better off waiting for a better solution, or a patch. If I find out anything else I'll post here.

Anyways, if you want to give it a go, I just installed this mod with the recommended settings: http://skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=88.

PS.- Funny thing is, I had very few bugs before this shit. Mostly quests not updating or something, which is easily fixed through console commands.

Mouthless Donny:
Hey there. Made this account so I can share some info.

I'm having the same issue and found a sort of workaround. It's still far from optimal because although it fixes the inability to read books or fast travel, now I can't use my 'R' key. Hence I can't "loot all" stuff from any container (have to go picking up one item at a time, which is no big deal but still, sucks a bit) and, more importantly, I can't store anything in a container, which is quite inconvenient.

So it's a lesser of two evils kind of scenario. Also, there's no way of reverting this, it would seem. I can't get the 'R' key to work, no matter what .ini files I delete. I suppose a reinstall would revert it, but I honestly cba to reinstall the whole game and all the mods I have.

So maybe you're better off waiting for a better solution, or a patch. If I find out anything else I'll post here.

Anyways, if you want to give it a go, I just installed this mod with the recommended settings: http://skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=88.

PS.- Funny thing is, I had very few bugs before this shit. Mostly quests not updating or something, which is easily fixed through console commands.

Thank you for posting that! I'll try it tomorrow :D

(I had no problems before 1.2 other than a few UI glitches)

TimeLord:

Souplex:
I'm playing the console version, and haven't noticed any problems.
Maybe it's just a PC version thing?

Same here. I've noticed no difference in the game since the patch (playing on 360)

Well except for that fact that now I can get married without random suicides happening and ruining the ceremony!

I'm on the 360, and the game's basically broken for me. Resistances of all types don't work anymore, and now I can't absorb dragon shouts. Resistances were a big part of my character, and I kind of need those shouts. And on a less serious note, bookshelves now break when you take/add books to them. Not really big, but it sucks that it's broken.

So yeah, shit be whack for me.

Before the patch I had only minor problems at worst (mainly my Morokei mask texture kept dropping out, forcing me to save and reload to get my face back). Since the patch I am now completely unable to use the wait function due to it crashing (has happened about 7 times so far) which has forced me to fast travel between cities to accelerate time until places are open.

I've also had bookshelves eat my books and not allow me to replace books on them after I've taken any away, mannequins not displaying textures, completed quests showing up in my quest log again and doors I have the keys to not unlocking.

I also still get terrible lagg after playing for a while and my mask texture problem is still there.

Worst "patch" ever.

Irridium:

TimeLord:

Souplex:

Same here. I've noticed no difference in the game since the patch (playing on 360)

Well except for that fact that now I can get married without random suicides happening and ruining the ceremony!

I'm on the 360, and the game's basically broken for me. Resistances of all types don't work anymore, and now I can't absorb dragon shouts. Resistances were a big part of my character, and I kind of need those shouts. And on a less serious note, bookshelves now break when you take/add books to them. Not really big, but it sucks that it's broken.

I can absorb shouts fine but yeah I've got the broken bookcase thing that I discovered completely by chance about half an hour ago.

Not sure if I have the resistances bug or not since I laugh at stats like that. My combat tactics being; If it can be shot, shoot it. If it's within stabbing distance, stab it. If I need healing, use fast heal and the force push shout to clear space. None of this "will it be effective" nonsense :P

i have it for the ps3 and besides the occasional backwards flying dragon (which is honestly way more adorable then annoying) it actually fixed most of the laggy glitchy problems that were there previously.

TimeLord:

Irridium:

TimeLord:

I can absorb shouts fine but yeah I've got the broken bookcase thing that I discovered completely by chance about half an hour ago.

Not sure if I have the resistances bug or not since I laugh at stats like that. My combat tactics being; If it can be shot, shoot it. If it's within stabbing distance, stab it. If I need healing, use fast heal and the force push shout to clear space. None of this "will it be effective" nonsense :P

You don't know real joy until you've painstakingly crafted the perfect set of enchanted armor with all the best resistances, wade into battle, and just laugh at all the mages and dragons and everyone attacking you. Because they could barely hurt you. It was nice.

I haven't noticed any problems. But then again, I didn't see Steam update it.

Souplex:

Must be, only problem I've ever had is twice the game froze on a loading screen after multiple hours of play.

I'm sure the PC version will be the most beautiful and majestic thing ever when the mods come out...but I'm really damn glad I bought the 360 version currently.

Ledan:
Another Skyrim thread:
I just started playing this weekend, and I think patch 1.1 was perfect. No game breaking bugs or glitches, just sometimes floating items.
Skyrim 1.2:
EVERYTHING is broken. Can't quick travel because the mouse button closes the map, cant quick select right hand items/spells because it closes the quickselect, can't close any books, can't take all items in any container AND cant give items to companions, no stat resistances / weaknesses. The final straw: When you learn new alchemy stats of items in the alchemy lab you cant press okay. Meaning you can't do alchemy.

Is this all just me or have other people been experiencing problems like this? Furhtermore, how in the world could Bethesda have released a patch this broken? Did they not test this patch at all?

Does anyone know a way to revert Skyrim back to 1.1? Cause I'm pulling my hair out trying to play skyrim like this :P

since the update this morning my skyrim wont even start it just dies

For a Bethesda game, I was pleasantly surprised when it came out and wasn't all that buggy. A couple quests that were weird for some people, some texture issues on the consoles, but nothing game breaking in the slightest.

Turns out, they were just lulling us into a false sense of security.

SidingWithTheEnemy:
From one proud member of the PC Gaming Master Races to another one [assuming dodging rotten tomatos position now]

Can someone please tell me how you can hinder Steam from uploading that patch?

I think you can right click on the game and go into properties, there should be a "disable automatic update" option there... It's been a while since I check though

I just saw the weirdest dragon i figure must be from the pach first it was flying in a backwards circle in the middle of nowhere then when I shot a arrow at it it froze in place is now just hoving there and is now invulnerable to everything but shouts

I was playing it on PC about half an hour ago and I had no such issues...

xxcutesnakeyxx:
Registered purely to say that I am having the exact same problem.

Can't fast travel because mouse1 exits the map, TAB does nothing, keyboard does not work while picking locks, favourites menu does not work because mouse1 exits it.

I replaced my modified prefs.ini file with the backup I had, no change. Tried using the 4GB launcher and launching from steam, no change. Deactivated the few mods I had installed, no change.

Currently looking for a way to roll back to 1.1, and cursing to myself.

I have exactly the same problems as you, this is really frustrating me I wish they would just ask you if you want the update before they do it. It's not helpful to know how you could have prevented it in the past when it is already too late. Please let me know if any of you find a fix. Also this is just an observation but it seems that everyone who has claimed to have issues has used or is using the 4Gb exe, which I also used in the past. It might be something to do with that.

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, YOUR ESCAPIST'S CHOICE BEST GAME EVER!!!

My friend's 360 version has unplayable lag, and he has no resistances anymore. 4 quests have locked up forever.

Reports from PS3 version are far more gruesome. freezing every couple minutes, no resistances, blocky load animations, and people randomly spawning and dying.

Nice to see Bethesda continue its proud tradition of buggy and broken patches.

Just registered to say I'm having no problems whatsoever with 1.2.

Has played 7 hours of skyrim (1.2 on PC) today and not a single one of the things the op describes happened.

EDITED:Nvm...lol

I have fought a couple of dragons though and none fly backwards. I wasn't getting souls from the last couple of Dragons I fought before the patch. I'm getting them now though.

this isnt my name:
I didnt DL it anway thank god.

2 funy things rom this.
1. People always said obsidian madebuggy games, and said bethesdas ere less buggy, lulz I dont remember shit like his in FNV.

Dragons weren't in FNV.

Thanks you very much for the help guys and/or gals. As long as I don't experience any crucial or annoying bugs I'm not patching.

Almost On the Topic:
I'm having trouble with the carrying-capacity of my followers, at some point they refuse carrying anything for me. Did somebody has that problem, too?

[Edit]

Edit: Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, just saw it. I'm too late, the game patched itself already...
Dear world, I hate you so much...

And this is of course is part of the reason why I've been waiting till Christmas to get it.

faspxina:
I used to find bugs in Skyrim, until I took an arrow to the knee.

My cousin is out finding bugs while I'm stuck on guard duty.....

The only things I've noticed are that my vertical sensitivity has gone from brisk but manageable, to something around the land speed record and I my performance tanks on Ultra and High, which isn't due to my PC as I was able to play at a reasonable FPS on Ultra in 1.1.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked